PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Cregg..

PISTOL1875
31-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Possibly the only good point from tonight's debacle...

Brilliant in midfield and gave us bite and was brilliant in the tackle.. It's beggers belief he hasn't featured more this season and keek like Rankin has played ahead of him...

AndyB_70
31-03-2010, 09:11 PM

Brilliant in midfield and gave us bite and was brilliant in the tackle.. It's beggers belief he hasn't featured more this season and keek like Rankin has played ahead of him...

Aye fantastic. We must have watched different games. Took ages to control and then pass the ball and more often than not it was a crap pass. Then again most players had a crap game yet again.

God Petrie
31-03-2010, 09:15 PM

What? He was rank. He needs binned in the summer along with Rankin, Stevenson and a few others who simply aren't good enough.

CallumHibs07
31-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Eh! Cregg was pish, as was everyone else.

He scored a goal with a deflected shot, so what. Doesn't mean he played well. Rank rotten, get him and the other lightweights in midfield binned.

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 09:23 PM
I thought he played well..

At least he actually tackles unlike the 2 pointless midfield midgets Rankin and Stevenson..

PISTOL1875
31-03-2010, 09:31 PM

At least he actually tackles unlike the 2 pointless midfield midgets Rankin and Stevenson..

He did play well.. He put a lot more effort out there and made a lot of brilliant tackles...

Hibby 2005
31-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Rankin, Cregg and Stevenson are all similar players and yet, remarkably, I started them all tonight while I left Galbraith on the bench.
I preferred Nish ahead of Stokes for his heading abilities.
Riordan needs to play up front, I finally came to realise this after 30 games.
Hogg, I made Captain, go figure.
I decided to play anybody at RB after realising Wotherspoon was a midfielder.
BUT, give me time and I'll eventually get it right with a lot of hard work, right attitude, playing for the jersey, kicks up backsides, etc.
Whatever you do don't blame me.

Signed: John Hughes.

random sub
31-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I thought he was pretty rank. Bit of bite perhaps but very little quality.

Beefster
31-03-2010, 09:37 PM

Being moderately more impressive than Rankin, Stevenson and Miller only makes him mediocre rather than outright utter crap.

MussyHibby
31-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Thought at times he gave us a bit of dig but largely anonymous.

Also, he had opportunities at least twice to play in Thicot, you know a forward moving pass that prevents the offensive player from checking his stride. His passes were either behind Thicot or Ticot had to apply the brakes.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-03-2010, 10:11 PM

I cant decide if this is genuine or not. He was gash!! Our entire midfield was simply woeful.

Bayern Bru
31-03-2010, 10:14 PM
He started off brightly and then resorted to doing, as far as I could see, a lot of unseen work.

I was under the impression that Hughes signed him to be our powerhouse midfielder in the Matty Jack role, bossing the midfield and not shirking out of tackles and 50-50 challenges.

Silly me...

The Harp Awakes
31-03-2010, 10:19 PM
The midfield was as anonymous as it has been over the past few months but Cregg had a decent game IMO.

He was the only one in midfield who tackled and found a green shirt most of the time. Also don't write off a goal from midfield in one of his few starts this season. Take away Riordan's goals how many have Miller, Rankin and McBride together scored from midfield all season?

BEEJ
31-03-2010, 10:34 PM
The midfield was as anonymous as it has been over the past few months but Cregg had a decent game IMO.

I'd agree with that.

Cregg, Murray and Bamba were the best in Green for me.

The_Horde
31-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Cregg was okay but never good enough to take Hibs forward.

Hibbyradge
31-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Cregg had a decent game. One of few with pass marks for me.

Needed to kick the guy in the first 15 minutes, not the last 15, though.

Hibbyradge
31-03-2010, 10:42 PM
I'd agree with that.

Cregg, Murray and Bamba were the best in Green for me.

That's how I saw it.

Andy74
01-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I thought Cregg was allright, he brought a bit of dig and some energy. He is also lacking games so is not going to be that tight with his passing yet.

M8UDB
01-04-2010, 10:16 AM

Looked like the only one last night that wanted to win the ball in the middle of the park, we need everyone goin in like he was last night instead of pussy footin about and prodding a toe in to tackle

DH1875
02-04-2010, 01:57 PM

Are you having a laugh, other than his goal he was crap. Would take Rankin over him any day of the week.

bighairyfaeleith
02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Are you having a laugh, other than his goal he was crap. Would take Rankin over him any day of the week.

wouldnae take rankin over anyone, worst player in the squad and that includes nish!!!

PISTOL1875
02-04-2010, 03:39 PM

April fools day was yesterday...