PDA

View Full Version : Still behind Yogi?

Pages : [1] 2

hibee92
31-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Well are you?

I am, 9 months into the job and CAN still finish 3rd, underachieving cup runs but we can't expect the finished article 9 months down the line.

He has made some great signings in Stokes, Miller, McBride and IMO the two goalies.

Still look on for qualifying for europe next season and if someone had offered me that at the start of the season i wouldn't hesitate to say no.

I understand the need for change, but i personally believe that this is within the squad not the management, and i believe that Yogi will address this in the next couple transfer windows.

He has not once said he would fulfil his ambitions for Hibs in his first season, to do so would be foolish, but i am very optimistic that he can take us to the third force in Scotland in the next couple years and look forward to some outings at Hampden along the way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, in Yogi I trust. :agree:

Cropley10
31-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Well are you?

I am, 9 months into the job and CAN still finish 3rd, underachieving cup runs but we can't expect the finished article 9 months down the line.

He has made some great signings in Stokes, Miller, McBride and IMO the two goalies.

Still look on for qualifying for europe next season and if someone had offered me that at the start of the season i wouldn't hesitate to say no.

I understand the need for change, but i personally believe that this is within the squad not the management, and i believe that Yogi will address this in the next couple transfer windows.

He has not once said he would fulfil his ambitions for Hibs in his first season, to do so would be foolish, but i am very optimistic that he can take us to the third force in Scotland in the next couple years and look forward to some outings at Hampden along the way.

We will finish 6th.

Tonight was murder. He's lost or is losing that dressing room too.

3 up front on the half way line. The midget midfield. John Effin Rankin.

Disco Dave
31-03-2010, 08:53 PM
100% behind him, starting to think Hibs fans are probably the biggest group of greeting faced wee bairns I've ever came across :bitchy:

Jim44
31-03-2010, 08:54 PM
On balance I think it would probably be too hasty to get rid of Hughes just now. Having said that I can't see where our next win between now and the end of the season is going to come from. I think Hughes should get till Christmas and if there is no improvement in results and performance he should get the bullet.

Hibby 2005
31-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Escaped relegation with Falkirk by a baw hair. Has grasped 4th place from the jaws of 3rd with remarkable ease.

HFC 0-7
31-03-2010, 08:55 PM
I thought he was the right man for the job but he doesnt seem to be getting anything out of the players at the moment, and his fetish with 4-3-3 is crazy! If it was just one or two players not performing then you could out it down to those players, but when the whole team is playing this badly you need to start looking at the manager.

His starting tactics are suspect and the changes he makes during a game, IMO, give us even less of a chance of turning things around.

hibee92
31-03-2010, 08:57 PM
100% behind him, starting to think Hibs fans are probably the biggest group of greeting faced wee bairns I've ever came across :bitchy:

spot on mate :agree:

yogi has said his target is challenging for 3rd, we all accepted this and we are doing this, honestly we could win the league and scottish and we'd still whinge about the league cup

Westie1875
31-03-2010, 08:58 PM

:top marks

KiddA
Well are you?

100% behind him :agree: like I said on another thread you can only p#ss with the cock you have got and he has made some good signings. He really needs to make some changes though to save his job. Transfer list Rankin, Hogg and a few others that are not up to the grade.

Ritchie
CLUELESS!! :grr:

bad formation, crap starting 11, gash subs.... :bye:

Craig_in_Prague
31-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Business end of the season.
You've had many months to get your team organised.

Yet, we are thumped by UTD in a 'most of important match of the season' game,
Emptied out the cup by a 1st Div team, in a 'big game' to get over the derby, which was really distressing.

All in all, to see things fall apart like this, shows he's probably not got it.

Think he deserves another season, but see more lows than highs again.

HFC 0-7
On balance I think it would probably be too hasty to get rid of Hughes just now. Having said that I can't see where our next win between now and the end of the season is going to come from. I think Hughes should get till Christmas and if there is no improvement in results and performance he should get the bullet.

I think Christmas is the wrong time to get rid of a manager, it doesnt give enough time for the club to find a new manager then let that manager buy and sell. The new manager will then have half a season to use a duff team. What worries me about the situation with Yogi is that all the things we thought he would be good at, he doesnt seem to be. We thought he would be able to introduce a bit of fight, confidence, heart and gel a team. As the season has gone on it seems that he has had the opposite effect. He talked about rebuilding, which is fair enough, but I would still expect the team to play to the best of their abilities, right now we are well below that.

Cropley10

yogi has said his target is challenging for 3rd, we all accepted this and we are doing this, honestly we could win the league and scottish and we'd still whinge about the league cup

Open your eyes!

Slow, predictable, mince players and garbage football.

You keep happy clapping though.

Simple question - will we sell more or less STs next season than we did this? Take your time.

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:01 PM
A wee bad run would that be 10 games, he is clueless he finally makes the 442 formation but why keep players like Nish, Rankin, Stevenson, Hogg on the pitch, he doesn't know when to make changes, and when he finally does make a change it's a midfielder for a forward leaving us short in midfield, it swhould have been a straight swap Nish for Stokes.

The way we are going you will be lucky if we stay in 4th place for long.

Against him never the right man

IWasThere2016
31-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Business end of the season.
You've had many months to get your team organised.

Yet, we are thumped by UTD in a 'most of important match of the season' game,
Emptied out the cup by a 1st Div team, in a 'big game' to get over the derby, which was really distressing.

All in all, to see things fall apart like this, shows he's probably not got it.

Think he deserves another season, but see more lows than highs again.

Nae need for that! There's nae probably about it! :grr:

hibee92
31-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Open your eyes!

Simple question - will we sell more or less STs next season than we did this? Take your time.

you're talking like the season is finished, i firmly believe we can finish 3rd or 4th so we will be in europe next season, and in this case i can see us selling more season tickets

What good are you doing just having a go at every opportunity? Take your time.

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Open your eyes!

Exactly mate too many "Happy Clappers" on here still thinking things will change it's 10 games since a win and it's only going to get worse.

Hibby 2005
31-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Well, we're not challenging for 3rd anymore in a league that could be classed as one of the poorest in a long time while we have a team which inludes the likes of Riordan, Stokes, Miller etc.
Yogi doesn't have a successful plan B as has often been stated, a worrying matter of fact. He's been out thought tonight by Dundee Utd's 2nd choice Manager.

PISTOL1875
31-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Starting to worry about him.. The season is going down the pan and still the same system and tactics are being played every week.. Now is the time where good managers earn there money and make changes to combat a slide like the one we are in just now...

Antifa Hibs
We could've finished 3rd this time last season aswell :confused:

Anyone thats backing Hughes needs to take their heads oot the sand. He's ****ing useless!! Absulutely NO improvement than last season.

Yogi, do us a favour and fk off!

crewetollhibee

EXACTAMUNDO !!!! All the posters who quoted ' In Yogi we trust' please give him time. He is not on some sort of one-man-mission from Yamland to destroy us, he know's what's wrong; he will sort it. I dreaded what might happen when we scored early on and it came to pass, but we have nothing to gain by losing a manager who knows exactly how we will be feeling and hurting right now. IN YOGI I TRUST. GGTTH.

bobbyhibs1983
31-03-2010, 09:06 PM

I think we will maybe just come in at maybe 500 or so less st's next season than this season,
I think despite how poorly we are playing i think the 10month payment plan will attract alot of ppl.

Am i a happy clappyer then?:devil:

Ryan91
31-03-2010, 09:07 PM
I was going to post this in the thread Should Yogi stay or go, but i'll post it here instead.

I think that Yogi needs time, Dundee United have, as many folk have pointed out, built there team up over several seasons under Levein, Houston has inherited a very strong side from Craig and has got them playing well and has instilled a winning mentality and a never say die attitude. I think Yogi given time can do the same things as Levein, since Mogga we have had 3 managers in 4 years. John Collins was a very good manager, it is a pity we lost him, all because the board wouldn't give him cash to spend, but really we have been keeping cash so we can build a new east stand, have the most modern and up to date stadia in Scotland and one with some of the best views in the country. Yogi has had cash to spend and has brought us the likes of Stokes and Miller both of these players have been absolute steals, well worth whatever amount of money we have spent on them with regards to wages and transfer fees. Fair enough there are players not pulling their weight and they will probably be sold on if they do not improve their performances. All is NOT lost, we still have a chance of Europe albeit not with a 3rd place finish, a 4th place finish will be good for me, we still get a shot at Europe, all we need to do is play a qualifying round and then the 1st round proper in order to get into the group stages and if we can do well in the group stages I'll be very happy. So rather than all jumping on Yogi's back and telling him he's not good enough, get behind the team and support them, who knows United may falter in their coming matches and we may win a few games, we still have to play them again at Tannadice remember, if we get behind the team in the coming matches we may once again have a shot at 3rd. I do agree that the loss to Ross County was a dissapointment, but after the first time round, I had a sneaking suspicion that we would not get to the Semis. So get behind Yogi and the team and roar us on into Europe! Give Yogi time and he will bring the goods!

GGTTH

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:07 PM
you're talking like the season is finished, i firmly believe we can finish 3rd or 4th so we will be in europe next season, and in this case i can see us selling more season tickets

Close the door on your way out :bye:

zlatan
31-03-2010, 09:08 PM
After Ross County I thought he deserved until Christmas at least but now I'm not so sure. After every Brent style motivational interview I read I get more peeved, he's all cock with no jizz.

Even Mixu got us to top six twice and it was fairly clear early on we were going nowhere fast under him.

jabis
31-03-2010, 09:09 PM

Exactly mate too many "Happy Clappers" on here still thinking things will change it's 10 games since a win and it's only going to get worse.

whats that thing you check the oil level in the car called again ?

hibee92
31-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Close the door on your way out :bye:

So we're sitting 4th and you don't think we can finish 4th? You, sir are a t1t

Baader
31-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Quite worried. What concerns me is that a team with players like Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Murray and a few others should never finish any lower than 4th in this league.

Couldn't see any other manager in the SPL right now underachieving as much with our squad...

Cropley10

It's very simple we won't finish 3rd or 4th.

I'll happily donate money to charity if we do.

However we won't sell more STs cos his team and his fitba is honkin. Utterly awful to watch with some terrible players. But boy can he talk a good game. He must be getting very used to having to do that.

Russian Hibs Fan
Yogi needs to sort this our very quickly! :grr:

hibee92
31-03-2010, 09:11 PM

10 games since a win? Did the Falkirk game no count like?

jabis
31-03-2010, 09:13 PM

don't get excited !...with him,i'ts a hearts thing :agree:

mentalhibee
31-03-2010, 09:13 PM
You canny make cake with Sh*t3! Some of the players are hopeless and simply not good enough to play for Hibs. Hopefully we rebuild in the summer and sign some players that can drive the team on.

J-C
31-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Escaped relegation with Falkirk by a baw hair. Has grasped 4th place from the jaws of 3rd with remarkable ease.

So you don't think Dundee U are worthy of that 3rd spot then eh? they've been far superior than us all season, we rode our luch early on and now it's beginning to show but hey! lets get rid of another manager and start all over again, how about getting McGhee or some other naff manager.:grr:

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:14 PM
I was going to post this in the thread Should Yogi stay or go, but i'll post it here instead.

I think that Yogi needs time, Dundee United have, as many folk have pointed out, built there team up over several seasons under Levein, Houston has inherited a very strong side from Craig and has got them playing well and has instilled a winning mentality and a never say die attitude. I think Yogi given time can do the same things as Levein, since Mogga we have had 3 managers in 4 years. John Collins was a very good manager, it is a pity we lost him, all because the board wouldn't give him cash to spend, but really we have been keeping cash so we can build a new east stand, have the most modern and up to date stadia in Scotland and one with some of the best views in the country. Yogi has had cash to spend and has brought us the likes of Stokes and Miller both of these players have been absolute steals, well worth whatever amount of money we have spent on them with regards to wages and transfer fees. Fair enough there are players not pulling their weight and they will probably be sold on if they do not improve their performances. All is NOT lost, we still have a chance of Europe albeit not with a 3rd place finish, a 4th place finish will be good for me, we still get a shot at Europe, all we need to do is play a qualifying round and then the 1st round proper in order to get into the group stages and if we can do well in the group stages I'll be very happy. So rather than all jumping on Yogi's back and telling him he's not good enough, get behind the team and support them, who knows United may falter in their coming matches and we may win a few games, we still have to play them again at Tannadice remember, if we get behind the team in the coming matches we may once again have a shot at 3rd. I do agree that the loss to Ross County was a dissapointment, but after the first time round, I had a sneaking suspicion that we would not get to the Semis. So get behind Yogi and the team and roar us on into Europe! Give Yogi time and he will bring the goods!

GGTTH

Dundee United will only get stronger and will easily take 3rd place, Motherwell are better organised than us now and are starting to get a bit of form, We haven't won any games in 10, we got easily beat by one of the worst YAM teams i have ever seen, we got out fought & out played by Ross County, You keep dreaming things are going to get better though.

Yogi has no tactics, no formation, no plan B when it isn't working, sticks with the same players even though they dont even merrit a jersey, 3rd or 4th place...Try looking at 5th place.

Cropley10
31-03-2010, 09:15 PM

Unfortunately the league doesn't end tonight. In fact you see we've got all the decent teams to play again.

If you look really hard you'll see we've only had three wins against these team, two of them were against Well. Not a very good record is it?

zlatan
31-03-2010, 09:16 PM
You canny make cake with Sh*t3! Some of the players are hopeless and simply not good enough to play for Hibs. Hopefully we rebuild in the summer and sign some players that can drive the team on.

Whilst guys like Stevenson, Rankin, Cregg etc aren't world beaters they are still decent enough squad players for a team looking for 3rd place in the SPL.

jabis
31-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Dundee United will only get stronger and will easily take 3rd place, Motherwell are better organised than us now and are starting to get a bit of form, We haven't won any games in 10, we got easily beat by one of the worst YAM teams i have ever seen, we got out fought & out played by Ross County, You keep dreaming things are going to get better though.

Yogi has no tactics, no formation, no plan B when it isn't working, sticks with the same players even though they dont even merrit a jersey, 3rd or 4th place...Try looking at 5th place.

OK......it's been a long day..........

LTYF

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:17 PM

You carry on with the name calling, sticks and stones, Hibs are only two points a head of Motherwell Hibs are 4th at present, do keep up.

Cropley10
31-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Whilst guys like Stevenson, Rankin, Cregg etc aren't world beaters they are still decent enough squad players for a team looking for 3rd place in the SPL.

John Rankin!? Jesus Mary and Joseph. How many crosses does he **** up? How many corners does he hit straight out?

He used to be with Man Utd though.

Jim44
It's very simple we won't finish 3rd or 4th.

I'll happily donate money to charity if we do.

However we won't sell more STs cos his team and his fitba is honkin. Utterly awful to watch with some terrible players. But boy can he talk a good game. He must be getting very used to having to do that.

I've still to hear a convincing argument to support the possibility of even 5th place. The only sure thing at the moment is that we will be in the top six.

Dalkeith Hibee
Yogi says we are challenging for 3rd place so if we dont get 3rd that means he has not acheived his target?

Why was Stokes our top scorer and arguably our best player dropped for our a huge game tonight?

He knew the lack of a right back was a problem but forced young Wotherspoon to play there which has affected not only him but the team. Chops and changes his goalies at will. Plays Riordan out of position then doesnt drop or sub him for being a lazy *******.

Persists with John Rankin.

Some of his decisions baffle me

J-C
31-03-2010, 09:19 PM

Funny how everyone was calling for him to play 4-4-2 and when he does it still doesn't work, so he goes back to his 4-3-3 and still nothing............mmmmmm! just a thought but maybe it's not his tactics that are ****, maybe some of the players he has are and have to be emptied in the summer, or is that just a mad, weird idea I have.:wink:

brydekirk
i think its a mixture between yogi and the team. the team are weaklings, who some of them can play football. the rest are spoiled wee laddies. you can ask JC about that one. yogi, imo, is doing what he can with what he has. he has made mistakes, ie. bringing in goalkeepers when we needed a RB, gow and expecting to play flair football all through the spl calender. still think he deserves more time though. IMO of coarse.

SalfordHibs
don't get excited !...with him,i'ts a hearts thing :agree:

Oh here we go with the YAM nonsense, that your best :bitchy:

bingo70
10 games since a win? Did the Falkirk game no count like?

10 games since the last win, excluding any wins in that period :agree:

I think we're not very good just now because we've got not very good players and the good ones we do have are playing without any confidence, unfortunately it takes time to turn things around, Utd were excellent tonight but its taken them a good number of seasons finishing 5th and 6th to build a team like that, IMO a bit patience is whats needed now.

BTW everyone on here that knows better than Yogi has been telling us that playing 442 would fix our problems, just shows it's not always that easy eh.

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Well, we're not challenging for 3rd anymore in a league that could be classed as one of the poorest in a long time while we have a team which inludes the likes of Riordan, Stokes, Miller etc.
Yogi doesn't have a successful plan B as has often been stated, a worrying matter of fact. He's been out thought tonight by Dundee Utd's 2nd choice Manager.

he was also out-thought by the manager of a first divison club, derek adams, who could only dream of having the resources/players that yogi has available to him, what i dont get though is the fact he took a team of cloggers(falkirk) to hampden last year and ran rangers ragged only to lose out to a fluke nacho novo goal...i just dont get it :confused:

CiscoKid
31-03-2010, 09:20 PM

Totally agree, I'm sometimes embarrassed by the reaction of Hibs fans, Radio Scotland said they were getting texts and phone calls from Hibees wanting Yogi sacked.

I think just getting into the top 6 is progression, if we are being honest with ourselves when we were 3rd and close to Celtic I think that flattered us and set expectations too high.

Not to say that the last few weeks have not been disappointing, Yogi has shown he has a lot to learn himself and he has a lot of work to do over the summer but we need to stick with him and give him a chance to take another step forward next season.

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Funny how everyone was calling for him to play 4-4-2 and when he does it still doesn't work, so he goes back to his 4-3-3 and still nothing............mmmmmm! just a thought but maybe it's not his tactics that are ****, maybe some of the players he has are and have to be emptied in the summer, or is that just a mad, weird idea I have.:wink:

What so we play well for 15mins tonight in a 442 formation, maybe look more closer at the fact were Nish had two clear chances to put us well a head, Maybe if Stokes was the man up front we would be talking about a Hibs win or at least a draw.

433 formation punished us big time as it has done for a while now, any formation he has played outwith the 442 has cost us dearly has it not?

crewetollhibee
31-03-2010, 09:22 PM
So you don't think Dundee U are worthy of that 3rd spot then eh? they've been far superior than us all season, we rode our luch early on and now it's beginning to show but hey! lets get rid of another manager and start all over again, how about getting McGhee or some other naff manager.:grr:
:top marksGive the man time for chrissakes. Have we all forgotten where we were this time last year ? He will get it right, he is on a learning curve as well, and if that means (for the moment), finishing 4th and a place in Europe, I for one will gladly take it.

zlatan
31-03-2010, 09:23 PM
John Rankin!? Jesus Mary and Joseph. How many crosses does he **** up? How many corners does he hit straight out?

He's guff, I know he's guff, we all know he's guff but he's not the reason we ain't getting 3rd is the point I'm trying to make, I think.

hibee92
31-03-2010, 09:23 PM
You carry on with the name calling, sticks and stones, Hibs are only two points a head of Motherwell Hibs are 4th at present, do keep up.

right your point is? do keep up? i just said we're sitting 4th, yet you dont think we can stay there?

honestly think before you type

PaulSmith
31-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Still hanging onto him by a thread...But if he thinks that he can play a midfield of 4 similar players in Rankin, Stevenson, Miller and Cregg and win a game in the SPL then he needs his head looked at.

Ross County away - Team bottled it and out fought
Hearts away - Team bottled it and out fought
Dundee Utd Home - Team bottled it and out fought.

Tomorrow though another one of our players will come out and say that "we're not soft and we've got the character and fight to get 3rd place"....a wee message guys in that you don't and until you start showing it on the park then keep your gob shut in the newspapers

col02
31-03-2010, 09:25 PM

:agree: Our support gets the teams it deserves! Even when a good side comes along it is still criticised by folk that want more which is by no means a bad thing but the extremes some people take it to are beyond a joke.

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:26 PM
right your point is? do keep up? i just said we're sitting 4th, yet you dont think we can stay there?

honestly think before you type

Please look over your post before hitting the submit button...My point is Motherwell are only two points behind us, so if we loose our next game and they win theirs Hibs go 4th do they not.

I'll accept your apology later as for calling me a T1T :bitchy:

jabis
31-03-2010, 09:26 PM

the answer was DIPSTICK....oh dear,no points !

As for "is that your best",well sorry ..no !

You come across as a fat old bloke,who has just been told to lick the toilet bowl clean,by his boyfriend,and,sadly you have to do it !

I may be wrong.

But my god your bitter :greengrin

Ryan91
31-03-2010, 09:29 PM

I'm pretty sure we beat Falkirk 3-1 on Saturday, or does that not count, I was at Tynecastle, and what I saw was poor. Truth be told more often than not smaller teams like to come right out at you in Cup games as they have nothing to lose. My Sister and Dad were at the game tonight, I didn't go as I'm not feeling all that great, and from what they said, Hibs played well, they just didn't take their chances, and the Referee didn't help, plus we were denied a Penalty shortly before theirs. You can say that these are just excuses, perhaps they are, but what you are missing is that we played well and we have a striker who has managed 20 goals for the season so far, surely they are positives. I think it can get better because there is always the possibilty, it comes with being a near-eternal optimist, perhaps to my detriment, but for me the glass at Hibs at the moment is Half-Full.

In Yogi I Trust

GGTTH

TheMentalHibees
I'm still behind him, fully. Results of recent have been hard to swallow, especially the manner of them. Yogi said at the start of the season that this season was all about rebuilding, crafting the team to fit his vision for the club. We need stability, we can't expect the mentality of the club to change if we empty the manager after 1 season in charge. Look how far Alex Ferguson has come, and look at the start he had at Man United. God knows how different things would have been had he been sacked after his first season. I'm willing to give Yogi time.

Cropley10
:top marksGive the man time for chrissakes. Have we all forgotten where we were this time last year ? He will get it right, he is on a learning curve as well, and if that means (for the moment), finishing 4th and a place in Europe I for one will gladly take it.

4th? Not gonna happen.

CropleyWasGod
Please look over your post before hitting the submit button...My point is Motherwell are only two points behind us, so if we loose our next game and they win theirs Hibs go 4th do they not.

No, they go 5th.

Apology accepted :wink:

IWasThere2016
31-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Possession % stats from recent games:

Hibs 43:57 Arabs

Bairns 60:40 Hibs

Ross Co 50:50 Hibs

Says it all IMHO! Honking! :grr:

SalfordHibs
the answer was DIPSTICK....oh dear,no points !

As for "is that your best",well sorry ..no !

You come across as a fat old bloke,who has just been told to lick the toilet bowl clean,by his boyfriend,and,sadly you have to do it !

I may be wrong.

But my god your bitter :greengrin

Sorry Salmon you made a statement about Hearts and me in the same statement either but up an arguement to my point or shut up clown :bitchy:

hibee92

i never said we were comfortably 4th but you rubbished my post when i said i firmly believe we can finish 3rd or 4th, its all ifs and buts, we could be 5 points ahead of motherwell after out next game or one point behind, all i'm saying is we're 4th NOW and should aim to at least stay there, but if you want to sit and consider the worst, be my guest

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:32 PM
No, they go 5th.

Apology accepted :wink:

:thumbsup:

Hibs go 5th cheers Cropley

jabis
31-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Sorry Salmon you made a statement about Hearts and me in the same statement either but up an arguement to my point or shut up clown :bitchy:

:faf:

OK ya tool.

happy now !

Jim44
31-03-2010, 09:34 PM

Our present position is fairly irrelevant as an indicator of where we might finish the season. The other teams in the top six presently look as if they have the measure of us and we don't look like a team which can up it's game. 5th place would be a reasonable result under the circumstances.

Westie1875
What so we play well for 15mins tonight in a 442 formation, maybe look more closer at the fact were Nish had two clear chances to put us well a head, Maybe if Stokes was the man up front we would be talking about a Hibs win or at least a draw.

433 formation punished us big time as it has done for a while now, any formation he has played outwith the 442 has cost us dearly has it not?

I agree with this, the penalty (not that it was) changed the game tonight. Before that we looked good and the formation was working.

Hibs missed too many chances tonight as well with Nish the biggest culprit, we were also denied a clear penalty when Kenneth pushed Murray in the box.

Yogi is stubborn but he changed it to 442 tonight, the only reason we reverted to 433 is that we were chasing the game.

THere are a lot of players in our squad who are either too soft or not good enough and we don't have enough leaders. No-one took the lead tonight when we went behind and tried to rally the team, in fact the only player in our squad I have seen do that at any point this season is McBride.

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous and probably mainly from people who were not at the game, there are far too many Hibs 'fans' ready to jump on Yogi/the team and say "told you so" instead of supporting the team.

I don't think some of the so called 'fans' deserve for this team to finish 3rd anyway, particularly when people have already given up on us even finishing 4th when we're actually in that position already. Supporters? Aye ok. :bitchy:

SalfordHibs
i never said we were comfortably 4th but you rubbished my post when i said i firmly believe we can finish 3rd or 4th, its all ifs and buts, we could be 5 points ahead of motherwell after out next game or one point behind, all i'm saying is we're 4th NOW and should aim to at least stay there, but if you want to sit and consider the worst, be my guest

I will say it again not much has changed within those 10 games, so what do you see will change, Falkirk game last week we were very lucky to come away with the 3 points, once again out played by a bottom of the league team.

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:36 PM
[/B]

OK ya tool.

happy now !

Not one arguement against my post and you call me a Tool, Mong

hibee92
31-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I agree with this, the penalty (not that it was) changed the game tonight. Before that we looked good and the formation was working.

Hibs missed too many chances tonight as well with Nish the biggest culprit, we were also denied a clear penalty when Kenneth pushed Murray in the box.

Yogi is stubborn but he changed it tonight, the only reason we reverted to 433 is that we were chasing the game.

THere are a lot of players in our squad who are either too soft or not good enough and we don't have enough leaders. No-one took the lead tonight when we went behind and tried to rally the team, in fact the only player in our squad I have seen do that at any point this season is McBride.

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous and probably mainly from people who were not at the game, there are far too many Hibs 'fans' ready to jump on Yogi/the team and say "told you so" instead of supporting the team.

I don't think some of the so called 'fans' deserve for this team to finish 3rd anyway, particularly when people have already given up on us even finishing 4th when we're actually in that position already. Supporters? Aye ok. :bitchy:

:agree: spot on

edit - 100th post :thumbsup:

AndyB_70
Sorry but NO NO NO. Time for Yogi to depart. The team lack any fight. We get over run in every game now. We got lucky against Falkirk because they missed chance after chance but tonight we got punished big time.
Oh and it was a defo pen......

cabbageandribs1875

i imagine you will get abuse from that poster next :agree:

and you did :tee hee:

J-C
31-03-2010, 09:39 PM

Yogi is stubborn but he changed it to 442 tonight, the only reason we reverted to 433 is that we were chasing the game.

:top marks spot on

vahibbie
31-03-2010, 09:39 PM
he was also out-thought by the manager of a first divison club, derek adams, who could only dream of having the resources/players that yogi has available to him, what i dont get though is the fact he took a team of cloggers(falkirk) to hampden last year and ran rangers ragged only to lose out to a fluke nacho novo goal...i just dont get it :confused:

I think that was probably as much to do with the Falkirk players showing a bit fight and spirit and going for it on their "big day" At least as much as any wonder tacticts from Yogi.

BTW, we have a few of those "cloggers at ER now:devil:

Bobo
31-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I've no faith in Hughes as a manager, Mixu was dire but Yogi isn't any better. His lack of ability is really quite frightening.

Stack, Hogg, Thicot Rankin and Nish should never play for Hibs again. A decent manager wouldn't weaken their team week after week by constantly using these clowns.

Why is Stack played at the expense of Smith when He never comes off his line? We were playing against one of the biggest teams in the league FFS?

Why persist with Hogg when his distribution/headed clearences are so poor?

Why weaken a poor defense further by playing Thicot at the expence of McCormack?

Why start Nish again and leave him on for so long when it was patently obvious after the first 15 minutes just how p!sh he is?

Why even give Rankin a jersey?

We're a team with no fight, no passion, no pace, no ability, no guts no entertainment ... Yogi's no better than Mixu and we'll be lucky to scrape 5th come the end of the season.

Hibster
31-03-2010, 09:40 PM

doubt he'd get a game with any other SPL team tbh, let alone one going for 3rd place. belongs in the first division

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:41 PM
i imagine you will get abuse from that poster next :agree:

and you did :tee hee:

For what though mate putting up valid points that other posters dont agree with, it's an open forum for members to have debates but being called a YAM, TIT, TOOL etc a bit too :dummytit: if you ask me :thumbsup:

RickyS
Still hanging onto him by a thread...But if he thinks that he can play a midfield of 4 similar players in Rankin, Stevenson, Miller and Cregg and win a game in the SPL then he needs his head looked at.

Ross County away - Team bottled it and out fought
Hearts away - Team bottled it and out fought
Dundee Utd Home - Team bottled it and out fought.

Tomorrow though another one of our players will come out and say that "we're not soft and we've got the character and fight to get 3rd place"....a wee message guys in that you don't and until you start showing it on the park then keep your gob shut in the newspapers

spot on

cabbageandribs1875
I think that was probably as much to do with the Falkirk players showing a bit fight and spirit and going for it on their "big day" At least as much as any wonder tacticts from Yogi.

BTW, we have a few of those "cloggers at ER now:devil:

i'l retract that, shouldn't really have called them cloggers to be fair :blushie:

jabis
31-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Not one arguement against my post and you call me a Tool, Mong

ok,sorry mate........could you explain the salmon bit,and we'll take it from there ?

jabis
31-03-2010, 09:43 PM
For what though mate putting up valid points that other posters dont agree with, it's an open forum for members to have debates but being called a YAM, TIT, TOOL etc a bit too :dummytit: if you ask me :thumbsup:

take a hint :confused:

erskine-hibby
31-03-2010, 09:44 PM
If Yogi is the big Hibbie he claims to be (and I have no doubt that he is) He should resign tomorrow or run the risk of getting booted out.
His tactics, team set up, choice of substitutions, timing of substitutions and general man management are not working. Infact we are as bad now as we were under Mixu and anyone who thinks we still have a chance of getting 3rd are kidding themselves. We will be lucky, very lucky, to finish 5th based on the last 2 months. Infact we have not really played all that well all season if the truth were told. We have been lucky on more than one occasion and, apart from one or two games, have not dominated.
Best he go now and let someone else build the team for next season.

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:45 PM
ok,sorry mate........could you explain the salmon bit,and we'll take it from there ?

Salmon as in fish...Bite what you accused me off:thumbsup:

Just peed off mate no need to start with the name calling when they are all valid points.

Thecat23
31-03-2010, 09:45 PM
No matter what Yogi does just now it's not coming off.. i feel for the guy to be fair, he's a Hibby and he wants to win games like the rest of us. I feel he can't change a game when it's needed just now.. but we're not 4th for the sake of it. He was doing something right and if we can get that back great. I'm still 100% behind him as after last season i didn't think we would be sitting 4th at this point.

Come on Yogi get the boys to focus on the remaining games and go for it, what have we got to lose.

GGTTH :notworthy:

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:46 PM
If Yogi is the big Hibbie he claims to be (and I have no doubt that he is) He should resign tomorrow or run the risk of getting booted out.
His tactics, team set up, choice of substitutions, timing of substitutions and general man management are not working. Infact we are as bad now as we were under Mixu and anyone who thinks we still have a chance of getting 3rd are kidding themselves. We will be lucky, very lucky, to finish 5th based on the last 2 months. Infact we have not really played all that well all season if the truth were told. We have been lucky on more than one occasion and, apart from one or two games, have not dominated.

What he said.

jabis
31-03-2010, 09:47 PM

:faf::faf:

sory for the lack of reasoned debate.....but sadly,none required !

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-03-2010, 09:49 PM

Behave yourself ffs! Id be happy at the moment just to see us look like we know what were doing on a ****ing football field, id be happy to see our players have the ability to pass the ball 10 yards to a player in green and id be happy for more than possibly one or two of our squad to look like they even give a flying **** whats going on!!!! Total head in the sand post to say we are challenging for 3rd!!! We had 3rd in the bag and have completely and utterly thrown it away!

jabis
31-03-2010, 09:50 PM

What he said.

go yersel ya (what HAV'NT you been called yet)....salmon :confused:

erskine-hibby
31-03-2010, 09:51 PM

:faf::faf:

sory for the lack of reasoned debate.....but sadly,none required !

I'm glad you find what is happening at our club funny...cos I don't.

If you can come up with 1 good reason why Yogi should be kept on I will be amazed.

hibee92
31-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Behave yourself ffs! Id be happy at the moment just to see us look like we know what were doing on a ****ing football field, id be happy to see our players have the ability to pass the ball 10 yards to a player in green and id be happy for more than possibly one or two of our squad to look like they even give a flying **** whats going on!!!! Total head in the sand post to say we are challenging for 3rd!!! We had 3rd in the bag and have completely and utterly thrown it away!

i was exaggerating if you're unfamilier with it

madabouthibs
31-03-2010, 09:53 PM
So Yogi haters, who replaces him?
Apart from half the greetin' faced whingers on here of course! :bitchy:

We get to the end of this season, probably 4th or 5th, and I'm sure either Hibs or Yogi will make the right decision based on the start of next season. Our expectations are far to high IMHO, we need to give our managers a chance! :grr:

Hiber-nation
31-03-2010, 09:53 PM
You don't sack your manager every season. He says he knows where the problems lie so whether you believe him or not he has to be given another season.

jabis
31-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Salmon as in fish...Bite what you accused me off:thumbsup:

Just peed off mate no need to start with the name calling when they are all valid points.

"Bite",that I accused you of ?

"valid points" ?

Thecat23
31-03-2010, 09:54 PM

If you can come up with 1 good reason why Yogi should be kept on I will be amazed.

Because he has brought in Stokes who has scored 20 goals for us and i bet he would never have been here if it wasn't for him. Also we're 4th not 12th. For me just now i think we should give him till the season ends at least!!!

He's not perfect but it's only his first season and i think he's merits another. Give it a few more weeks i might change my mind :devil:

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 09:55 PM
So Yogi haters, who replaces him?
Apart from half the greetin' faced whingers on here of course! :bitchy:

We get to the end of this season, probably 4th or 5th, and I'm sure either Hibs or Yogi will make the right decision based on the start of next season. Our expectations are far to high IMHO, we need to give our managers a chance! :grr:

Someone with experience and has had no involvement with the club previously.

erskine-hibby
31-03-2010, 09:56 PM
So Yogi haters, who replaces him?Apart from half the greetin' faced whingers on here of course! :bitchy:

Same old question.:rolleyes:
Answer?....We don't know until we try, but it sure isn't working at the moment is it??

Westie1875
31-03-2010, 09:57 PM
You don't sack your manager every season. He says he knows where the problems lie so whether you believe him or not he has to be given another season.

:agree:

Some would have a new manager every 6 months if they were in charge, thank god our board are more sensible than that. He needs more time to get his own players in, too many players hanging around ER that need punted for better quality to come in.

Ryan91
31-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Out of interest how many people in this thread were at the game tonight, I wasn't but I'm not well and would have gone if not for illness. For those of use who proclaim ourselves to be 'proud supporters of Hibernian' yet say the gaffer should be sacked after 9 months shows that you obviously do not understand what it means to be a supporter. I'll give my definition of Supporter within a footballing context, it means to stick by your team no matter how the team does, to remain positive even in defeat, cheer your team to the bitter end. I have been a season ticket holder at Easter Road for almost 8 years now, and I've stuck by the team the entire time. I've never said 'sack the manager' after a run of poor results, I'll admit that I thought that Mixu should go at the tail end of last season, despite that though my support of the team and the management has never wavered, everyone who has tonight thought of themselves as a supporter yet who has still said Yogi should go, I tell you this, You are not a supporter if you think like that. I leave you with these parting words:

In Yogi I Trust

GGTTH

crash
31-03-2010, 09:58 PM
So why are they getting a game every week and why is one of them captain:confused:

madabouthibs
31-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Someone with experience and has had not involvement with the club previously.

Yeah ok, who?
Do we think previous involvement with Hibs is detrimental to our cause?
I can't understand that, surely a "fan" of Hibs would be more likely to want to do well no?

Long suffering
31-03-2010, 09:59 PM
start a poll for this

Hibby 2005
31-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I've no faith in Hughes as a manager, Mixu was dire but Yogi isn't any better. His lack of ability is really quite frightening.

Stack, Hogg, Thicot Rankin and Nish should never play for Hibs again. A decent manager wouldn't weaken their team week after week by constantly using these clowns.

Why is Stack played at the expense of Smith when He never comes off his line? We were playing against one of the biggest teams in the league FFS?

Why persist with Hogg when his distribution/headed clearences are so poor?

Why weaken a poor defense further by playing Thicot at the expence of McCormack?

Why start Nish again and leave him on for so long when it was patently obvious after the first 15 minutes just how p!sh he is?

Why even give Rankin a jersey?

We're a team with no fight, no passion, no pace, no ability, no guts no entertainment ... Yogi's no better than Mixu and we'll be lucky to scrape 5th come the end of the season.

With the exception of Stack, this statement pretty much sums up Yogi's season.

SalfordHibs
:agree:

Some would have a new manager every 6 months if they were in charge, thank god our board are more sensible than that. He needs more time to get his own players in, too many players hanging around ER that need punted for better quality to come in.

Lets see if the board are happy with loosing out on a chance of winning the cup and finishing 5th in the league.

The revenue loss alone will have them thinking differently.

Nakedmanoncrack
Time's up, sooner he leaves the better, of course in reality things will have to get much worse before he's forced out though.

jabis
31-03-2010, 10:01 PM

ooooohhh get you :gay handbags:

4th place
Stokes
Stacks
Happy team
Miller
Goalkeeping Acadamy
And....most importantly,he is a ****load more footbally savvy than YOU !

erskine-hibby
31-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Because he has brought in Stokes who has scored 20 goals for us and i bet he would never have been here if it wasn't for him. Also we're 4th not 12th. For me just now i think we should give him till the season ends at least!!!

He's not perfect but it's only his first season and i think he's merits another. Give it a few more weeks i might change my mind :devil:

So he got Stokes? Who is to say he wouldn't have come here anyway. Or maybe another manager may have got someone better. Or maybe another manager might have got a better defender or midfielder?????????
We are 4th, but we were challenging for 2nd not so long back and way out in front. Now, though, we are certainly on the slide and looking at 5th or even 6th if it keeps up. We also have a manager who can't seem to be able to stop this slide so why wait till it's all gone completely tits up before trying to mend it??

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah ok, who?
Do we think previous involvement with Hibs is detrimental to our cause?
I can't understand that, surely a "fan" of Hibs would be more likely to want to do well no?

Mixu a fan, Yogi a fan did it work?

Someone like Peter Taylor mould, been there and has the experience, known to bring the youth through aswell.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-03-2010, 10:03 PM
i was exaggerating if you're unfamilier with it

Very familiar with it thanks. Just dont think were asking for too much at the moment. Its embarrasin to watch. For the record I dont want Yogi to go. Doesnt mean im happy with the last few months tho.

hibee92
31-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Lets see if the board are happy with loosing out on a chance of winning the cup and finishing 5th in the league.

motherwell must be the first team to have a position in the bag when they aren't even there

Disco Dave
31-03-2010, 10:04 PM

Truly pathetic post.

NadeAteMyLunch!
4th place
Stokes
Stacks
Happy team
Miller
Goalkeeping Acadamy

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Bishop Hibee
Maybe the answer is that if we don't finish 4th or higher, the manager should be sacked at the end of the season whoever he is. That would be great for a manager trying to build a team :crazy:

Hibs are 3 points better off than last season. Yogi brought Stokes in whose been a goal machine, brought in Stack and Smith who despite their recent blunders are better than the impostors we've had recently, brought in McBride whose been a success and brought Wotherspoon into the team who has been excellent in the main.

On the downside Yogi still needs to bring in a right back, at least one wide player/forward with pace and with Zemamma injury prone and Miller fading badly, a creative midfielder.

He has to be given time to build the team he wants and must have at least until Christmas before any panic button is hit.

hibee92
31-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Very familiar with it thanks. Just dont think were asking for too much at the moment. Its embarrasin to watch. For the record I dont want Yogi to go. Doesnt mean im happy with the last few months tho.

i'm on your page, i am in no way happy with our form but i still believe yogi should stay

SalfordHibs
motherwell must be the first team to have a position in the bag when they aren't even there

The way things are going Motherwell will finish above us.

BS44

Who was the last manager we sacked? Mixu resigned as did Collins, and Mowbray walked.

Hiber-nation
31-03-2010, 10:06 PM

Like every other season you mean? I saw 4 players out there tonight who were out of their depth (again) but none of them were Hughes's signings. OK he's the man who's playing them and I'm raging about the way we've done our usual serial freefall but changing a manager every season is madness. If there's no progress this time next year then yes, something may well have to be done. Not now though.

jabis
31-03-2010, 10:07 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

I bow to your superior knowledge.

hibee92
Who was the last manager we sacked? Mixu resigned as did Collins, and Mowbray walked.

bobby?

erskine-hibby
4th place
Stokes
Stacks
Happy team
Miller
Goalkeeping Acadamy

1. Big deal not a reason.
2. As above
3. Your joking, aren't you???
4. He has solved our midfield problems eh?? As 1&2.
5. Aye 5 goalies nae defence or midfield though...Great idea...NOT!!
6. That is not in question though is it? Its his ability to manage Hibs that is.

Grow up!!!

Thecat23
31-03-2010, 10:08 PM
So he got Stokes? Who is to say he wouldn't have come here anyway. Or maybe another manager may have got someone better. Or maybe another manager might have got a better defender or midfielder?????????
We are 4th, but we were challenging for 2nd not so long back and way out in front. Now, though, we are certainly on the slide and looking at 5th or even 6th if it keeps up. We also have a manager who can't seem to be able to stop this slide so why wait till it's all gone completely tits up before trying to mend it??

Mate some of your points are valid but i just think it's a bit harsh to ask him to go already. Stokes himself said he only came because of Hughes. Granted another manager might have brought someone else, but then who's to say that would work? it's all if's and buts and i understand what your saying we're all peed off but for me i think he should stay till the end of the season at least just my opinion.

Hiber-nation
31-03-2010, 10:08 PM

Fair enough but some would want every manager who doesn't get us to 3rd and win the Cup in one season sacked.

Velma Dinkley
31-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Some people are just desperate to have a moan. And some people are yams. We're 4th and Yogi hasn't even had a full season in charge. He said it would take him a few seasons to build the team he wants and get the club challenging for Europe every year.

I find it hard to believe that there are Hibs fans who want us to change manager every year rather than build a decent team, as has happened at Dundee United. And they're doing not too bad.

down-the-slope

:agree: If we had started season poor and were now in the middle of a 12 game un-beaten run people would be peeing their pants with excitement..becaues its the other way round people feel were are garbage / Yogi must go :bitchy:

We are a long way from a team that can be consistent enough to lose 5 or les matches a season (what it takes to win titles) so we will always have patches when it clicks and patches where its squeaky bum time...

Before the season I would have bitten off your arm for a Euro spot....don't care how we acheive this...and its still very possible

erskine-hibby
Truly pathetic post.

So whats so pathetic then eh??
The way we are playing and dropping down the league...THAT'S pathetic.

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Like every other season you mean? I saw 4 players out there tonight who were out of their depth (again) but none of them were Hughes's signings. OK he's the man who's playing them and I'm raging about the way we've done our usual serial freefall but sacking a manager every season is madness. If there's no progress this time next year then yes, something may well have to be done. Not now though.

So how long do we wait, we are already out of the cup, there is no way we are going to finish above 5th place, he will continue with the same team, formation, no plan B to change it, If that is acceptable to any Hibby and you are happy to watch that week in week out that's up to you.

Cabbage1875
31-03-2010, 10:10 PM
4th place - Yep we'd have taken that at the start of the season. Do we have to be happy the way things have unravelled?
Stokes - Yeah good signing. Baffling why he was dropped tonight.
Stacks - Is an average keeper.
Happy team - That is NOT a happy team. Their confidence is completely shot.
Miller - Is an imposter these days.
Goalkeeping Acadamy - What the hell good has this done? He shouldve signed a RB and midfielders rather than a keeper who hasnt even been quoted.
And....most importantly,he is a ****load more footbally savvy than YOU - Im really starting to doubt that. !

Head in the sand.

HFC 0-7
31-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Out of interest how many people in this thread were at the game tonight, I wasn't but I'm not well and would have gone if not for illness. For those of use who proclaim ourselves to be 'proud supporters of Hibernian' yet say the gaffer should be sacked after 9 months shows that you obviously do not understand what it means to be a supporter. I'll give my definition of Supporter within a footballing context, it means to stick by your team no matter how the team does, to remain positive even in defeat, cheer your team to the bitter end. I have been a season ticket holder at Easter Road for almost 8 years now, and I've stuck by the team the entire time. I've never said 'sack the manager' after a run of poor results, I'll admit that I thought that Mixu should go at the tail end of last season, despite that though my support of the team and the management has never wavered, everyone who has tonight thought of themselves as a supporter yet who has still said Yogi should go, I tell you this, You are not a supporter if you think like that. I leave you with these parting words:

In Yogi I Trust

GGTTH

Thats fair enough you support the team by not asking for the manager to be sacked etc. A supporter wants the best for the club and sometimes this requires the supporter being voval about the club. You should support the club but you dont have to support the manager. If everyone was like yourself I would imagine a lot of managers would not resign or be shown the door by the owners etc. Rod and co look at what the supporters want, they know this by the reactions of the fans at games. If fans starting moaning and threatning not to renew ST management will listen. We are what keeps the club afloat, its our money and people have the right to voice their views on who should be in charge etc.

You keep supporting by burying your head in the sand, maybe you have a higher tolerance towards watching that terrible attempt at football that is currently being served up, but I dont think you have a right to say who is and isnt a supporter.

jabis
31-03-2010, 10:13 PM
The way things are going Motherwell will finish above us.

FU** ME,the way it's going Falkirk will end up above us.

Your powers of persuasion has now turned me to your "point of view"

YOGI OUT>SHABBY IN

I'm right behind you SH :agree:

hibbymac

We've lost out on "a chance of winning THE cup" for the last 108 years. :doh:

ScottB
"The boys have been brilliant for me this season and I need to pick them up again. The fans will probably say 'oh, here he goes again'. Goals change games, we could've closed Danny Swanson down a bit quicker. All credit to United for the way they came back into it. I was looking for a better performance than that. We should be up in third, fourth spot every year." Hibs manager John Hughes

Sorry, what?!

I've been behind Yogi, but this is getting too damn much. Is he scared to tear into these guys? Cause it seems what they are screaming out for.

This 'the boys have been brilliant this season' patter, when exactly? How often? I'm struggling to remember the last time as team they all played brilliantly, but then maybe he's meaning the banter in the damn changing room.

I suspect he's far too close to the squad, he won't publicly boot them up the a**e, he won't drop his favoured players even when they are mince., while Brown, Galbraith and others sit on the sidelines. Coupled with his never ending faith in his tactics and formation, it's becoming a nightmare. How many points will we take in the top 6? Not many on this basis, how many league games have we won since Bamba came back 2 or 3 at most, that is utterly unacceptable. By the end of this season we will have picked up a handful of extra points over last year despite greatly increased spending and blown our best chance at the Cup / 2nd place we are ever likely to get.

In short, gutted, fed up and annoyed that yet again we seem to have appointed a dud.

houston1875
yogi needs time to rebuild aka Levein

plus needs wingers,natural width?

just back and was a chuffin shower of sheiite performance!!!

Hibby 2005
31-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Fair enough but some would want every manager who doesn't get us to 3rd and win the Cup in one season sacked.

It doesn't matter what we think, Yogi should be more worried by what Petrie thinks/does.
A new stadium, player funds and East Mains and we still get beat by Ross County and struggle to finish in a decent position in the league.
Petrie will only put up with it for so long.

Hiber-nation
So how long do we wait, we are already out of the cup, there is no way we are going to finish above 5th place, he will continue with the same team, formation, no plan B to change it, If that is acceptable to any Hibby and you are happy to watch that week in week out that's up to you.

Acceptable? Course its not. He played the 4-4-2 that everyone wanted and it didn't work. He knows what needs changed and he needs the time do do it. There's no way in a million years we have the squad to finish 3rd - 1 passing midfielder, no pace, a lack of height. Lots of things that he should be sorting. I have no idea whether or not he'll do it but he needs more time.

erskine-hibby
Mate some of your points are valid but i just think it's a bit harsh to ask him to go already. Stokes himself said he only came because of Hughes. Granted another manager might have brought someone else, but then who's to say that would work? it's all if's and buts and i understand what your saying we're all peed off but for me i think he should stay till the end of the season at least just my opinion.

Fair enough, I respect that.
At least you can see there is something well wrong here, you just see another way of going about things.
Unlike some on here that are more akin to Jambos following blindly no matter how bad things get.

MussyHibby
It's all right to keep saying we're ahead of scheule compared to last season but the truth is we have been very fortunate this season with a lot of our results. I can count on one hand how many times I've walked out of ER this season saying I'd enjoyed what I'd seen.

We're meant to be a passing football team yet we have a captain who wants to dink or hoof it up the park at every opportunity. We have an aerial target man in Nish, how does that constitute passing football? We have a wide man in Galbraith on the bench who can't geta game yet looks as though he could drive himself at defences. We have not improved in areas that need to me improved, i.e RB or in midfield................I could go on. My patience is waring thin.

No wonder people think Bamba wants away, playing with players like that :grr:
Despite losing 4 goals, he was our best player tonight by a mile. :agree:

Hiber-nation
31-03-2010, 10:15 PM
It doesn't matter what we think, Yogi should be more worried by what Petrie thinks/does.
A new stadium, player funds and East Mains and we still get beat by Ross County and struggle to finish in a decent position in the league.
Petrie will only put up with it for so long.

You still here? :greengrin

Doing well!

jabis
Head in the sand.

and you my good man have your head up your :asshole:

opinions ....eh !

cabbage07
Im not into this sacking managers all the time pish ,but what do we do ? pish fitba ,pish results ,pish crowds and whats most certain pish ST sales .
Cant see the incentive for next season tbh.
I for one would stop Petrie picking the managers going for the cheap option is costing us dearly .
Getting to the stage that im not really bothering now .

HFC 0-7
:agree: If we had started season poor and were now in the middle of a 12 game un-beaten run people would be peeing their pants with excitement..becaues its the other way round people feel were are garbage / Yogi must go :bitchy:

We are a long way from a team that can be consistent enough to lose 5 or les matches a season (what it takes to win titles) so we will always have patches when it clicks and patches where its squeaky bum time...

Before the season I would have bitten off your arm for a Euro spot....don't care how we acheive this...and its still very possible

Thats because the other way around shows improvement! Consistency is one thing, but the sheer lack of fight and passion right now is very worrying. Hibs are unable to do the basics in football at the moment which is worrying, the tactics are worrying, Hughes refusal to play a more solid formation is worrying, but most of all, Hughes is unable to get the players playing remotely to their ability. Its not the defeats that are hard to take its the manner in which they are happening!

SalfordHibs
We've lost out on "a chance of winning THE cup" for the last 108 years. :doh:

Always against Ross County, a team he had watched 5 times yet they still out played & out fought us.

Hiber-nation
31-03-2010, 10:16 PM
That's what I thought. But the person I quoted reckons we sack a manger every season.

I've answered that if you have a wee look back.

Westie1875
31-03-2010, 10:16 PM

Like he did tonight you mean, I assume you weren't at the game? :rolleyes:

Thecat23
31-03-2010, 10:17 PM
At least you can see there is something well wrong here, you just see another way of going about things.
Unlike some on here that are more akin to Jambos following blindly no matter how bad things get.

I do mate, and it's horrible to watch.. I sometimes feel we wouldn't benifit if we sacked him but then again you never know. One thing i will say is we never play with any real width and i often feel we have players who can hurt teams going down the flanks but never use it. But hope he learns this and we bounce back.

BS44
31-03-2010, 10:18 PM
I've answered that if you have a wee look back.

I see it mate and have deleted the post.

Cabbage1875
and you my good man have your head up your :asshole:

opinions ....eh !

Not just me though is it. You're looking for positives that aren't even positives ffs. A goalkeeping academy? Give me strength.

We are gash plain and simple, and Yogi has to shoulder much of the blame for that.

NadeAteMyLunch!
I bow to your superior knowledge.

Ur claiming-after tonites performance-that bringing in Stack is a reason for Yogi to stay?!?!? Stack is gash and shouldnt be in the team!!! I certainly wouldnt class him as a reason for yogi to stay!!!

And as for a happy team?!?! Who looks happy in that team? Players arguing all over the place, our manager stuck in the stand getting abuse and fans completely and utterly misserable...hardly a happy camp i wouldnt think.

Bishop Hibee
31-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Mixu a fan, Yogi a fan did it work?

Someone like Peter Taylor mould, been there and has the experience, known to bring the youth through aswell.

A checkered history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Taylor_(footballer_born_1953)

Dundee Utd are a good side that if Levein hadn't left mid-season would be seriously challenging Celtc for 2nd place. As has been said ad nauseum on here, he had 4 or 5 seasons to build a team. Yogi has had less than 1 season.

Serious question. Have we ever had a decent manager given the criteria being used to call for Yogi's resignation? Turnbull, McLeish and Mowbray have all been slated by various posters on this site.

Elmer Fudd Gantry
31-03-2010, 10:19 PM

"we" might not be playing well just now but we are still in a position where we can get into Europe yet you want the manager sacked for bringing this improvement. Why don't "we" get managers on rolling one month contracts so it doesn't cost too much to get shot of them every time they lose a couple of games.

The reek of yams on this thread is tangible.

sahib
31-03-2010, 10:20 PM

Lets saddle up the luch and ride again then. :greengrin

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Like he did tonight you mean, I assume you weren't at the game? :rolleyes:

What played well for 15mins, first time he plays 442 formation, goes to a 433 formation what happens game over, as already pointed out maybe if we had Stokes on and Nish off we might been a head in the first half, but that isn't Yogi's choice is it :bitchy:

jabis
31-03-2010, 10:22 PM

condacending *****hawk,"Don't agree with me and you're a Jambo"

what players would YOU get in,assuming YOU know the budget(Oh Dear,YOU don't have a scoobies!)

Hibby 2005
31-03-2010, 10:22 PM
You still here? :greengrin

Doing well!

Thanks! I find telling the truth quite theraputic.

jabis
31-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Ur claiming-after tonites performance-that bringing in Stack is a reason for Yogi to stay?!?!? Stack is gash and shouldnt be in the team!!! I certainly wouldnt class him as a reason for yogi to stay!!!

And as for a happy team?!?! Who looks happy in that team? Players arguing all over the place, our manager stuck in the stand getting abuse and fans completely and utterly misserable...hardly a happy camp i wouldnt think.

Been at the training ?

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:23 PM
"we" might not be playing well just now but we are still in a position where we can get into Europe yet you want the manager sacked for bringing this improvement. Why don't "we" get managers on rolling one month contracts so it doesn't cost too much to get shot of them every time they lose a couple of games.

The reek of yams on this thread is tangible.#

LOL you keep dreaming playing in Europe :faf:

a couple of games, i dont call 10 games a couple mate

Westie1875
31-03-2010, 10:24 PM
What played well for 15mins, first time he plays 442 formation, goes to a 433 formation what happens game over, as already pointed out maybe if we had Stokes on and Nish off we might been a head in the first half, but that isn't Yogi's choice is it :bitchy:

As pointed out elsewhere, Stokes was ill (hardly Yogi's choice) and we only reverted to 433 when we were chasing the game.

Cabbage1875
31-03-2010, 10:26 PM
As pointed out elsewhere, Stokes was ill (hardly Yogi's choice) and we only reverted to 433 when we were chasing the game.

Strange choice to have an ill player as a sub. Shouldve started him then taken him off if he was toiling. What if he came on as sub then had to go off again? Bizarre to say the least!

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:26 PM
A checkered history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Taylor_(footballer_born_1953 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Taylor_(footballer_born_1953))

Dundee Utd are a good side that if Levein hadn't left mid-season would be seriously challenging Celtc for 2nd place. As has been said ad nauseum on here, he had 4 or 5 seasons to build a team. Yogi has had less than 1 season.

Serious question. Have we ever had a decent manager given the criteria being used to call for Yogi's resignation? Turnbull, McLeish and Mowbray have all been slated by various posters on this site.

I just think someone in that mould would be a good manager, not a bad record in the under 21's

hibee92
31-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Been at the training ?

i have and it does look like a happy camp IMO :agree:

erskine-hibby
31-03-2010, 10:28 PM
condacending *****hawk,"Don't agree with me and you're a Jambo"

what players would YOU get in,assuming YOU know the budget(Oh Dear,YOU don't have a scoobies!)

Not at all.
Everyone has a right to their opinions and I never called you a jambo.
I do think, though, that there are many on here here who just follow blindly and as I said, in my opinion, are more akin to jambos.

As to bringing players in, that is not up to me as, as you have stated, i don't know the budget, nor am I, nor will I ever be, the manager so it is a moot question.

down-the-slope
31-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Thats because the other way around shows improvement! Consistency is one thing, but the sheer lack of fight and passion right now is very worrying. Hibs are unable to do the basics in football at the moment which is worrying, the tactics are worrying, Hughes refusal to play a more solid formation is worrying, but most of all, Hughes is unable to get the players playing remotely to their ability. Its not the defeats that are hard to take its the manner in which they are happening!

:confused: Nope its shows you are having your good patch at a different time.

still 21 points up for grabs and plenty twists / chances to get a run together...

If we continue to slide then yes we need to review.

Can I remind people we already have more points than last season

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:30 PM

Think you will find Tanner on Sky Sports saying there may be more to it.

Why go to a 433 though when he could have easily changed the game with the players on the bench and swapped them for simluar positions

Elmer Fudd Gantry
31-03-2010, 10:31 PM
#

LOL you keep dreaming playing in Europe :faf:

a couple of games, i dont call 10 games a couple mate

What's this ten games you refer to?

jabis
31-03-2010, 10:31 PM
1. Big deal not a reason.
2. As above
3. Your joking, aren't you???
4. He has solved our midfield problems eh?? As 1&2.
5. Aye 5 goalies nae defence or midfield though...Great idea...NOT!!
6. That is not in question though is it? Its his ability to manage Hibs that is.

Grow up!!!

1.get
2.a
3.firkin
4.life
5.saddoe
6.nothing personal by the way.

grown up now,thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

Westie1875
31-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Think you will find Tanner on Sky Sports saying there may be more to it.

Why go to a 433 though when he could have easily changed the game with the players on the bench and swapped them for simluar positions

To try to get a goal back.

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:34 PM
What's this ten games you refer to?

10 games since the last win, excluding any wins in that period

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:35 PM
To try to get a goal back.

If Stokes had the chances Nish had in the first half it would have been different mate.

Hiber-nation
31-03-2010, 10:35 PM

:confused:

Hibby 2005
31-03-2010, 10:36 PM

Hmm, Stokes was ill but managed to score with ease. Nish was healthy but missed a couple of one-on-ones.
Benji comes on when we were crying out for width, Galbraith warmed up and sat down again.
All Yogi's choices.

hibee92
31-03-2010, 10:36 PM

that made me laugh, 10 games since we won, expect when we won :top marks

jabis
31-03-2010, 10:37 PM

Not at all.
Everyone has a right to their opinions and I never called you a jambo.
I do think, though, that there are many on here here who just follow blindly and as I said, in my opinion, are more akin to jambos.

As to bringing players in, that is not up to me as, as you have stated, i don't know the budget, nor am I, nor will I ever be, the manager so it is a moot question.

yes you did !

Westie1875
31-03-2010, 10:39 PM
If Stokes had the chances Nish had in the first half it would have been different mate.

It may have, but maybe he wasn't well enough to start the game. There is a big difference between starting and coming on for the last 20 minutes.

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:39 PM
[/B]

yes you did !

Think he means you make out he is a YAM cause you disagree with him

Happy to help.

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:40 PM
It may have, but maybe he wasn't well enough to start the game. There is a big difference between starting and coming on for the last 20 minutes.

Sorry mate he looked fine to me when he came on IMHO.

down-the-slope
31-03-2010, 10:40 PM
10 games since the last win, excluding any wins in that period :agree:

I think we're not very good just now because we've got not very good players and the good ones we do have are playing without any confidence, unfortunately it takes time to turn things around, Utd were excellent tonight but its taken them a good number of seasons finishing 5th and 6th to build a team like that, IMO a bit patience is whats needed now.

BTW everyone on here that knows better than Yogi has been telling us that playing 442 would fix our problems, just shows it's not always that easy eh.

And that Deeks was a CF...well he got his chance first half and was Keek

Westie1875
31-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Sorry mate he looked fine to me when he came on IMHO.

So you were at the game then?

Hibby 2005
31-03-2010, 10:42 PM
And that Deeks was a CF...well he got his chance first half and was Keek

He's hardly had much practice in that position this season :greengrin

SalfordHibs
31-03-2010, 10:42 PM
So you were at the game then?

No i wasn't mate live in Manchester, seen it on Sky Sports news, you seen him after he scored looked more pissed off than anything.

jabis
31-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Think he means you make out he is a YAM cause you disagree with him

Happy to help.

wrong again....must be a talent you have :wink:

Westie1875
31-03-2010, 10:44 PM
No i wasn't mate live in Manchester, seen it on Sky Sports news, you seen him after he scored looked more pissed off than anything.

So seeing him for about 10 seconds on tv qualifies you to say he looked fine? :faf:

I thought he looked a bit lethargic.

down-the-slope
31-03-2010, 10:46 PM
He's hardly had much practice in that position this season :greengrin

hibee92
31-03-2010, 10:54 PM
for those who think we haven't made any progression

yogi win record - 45.71%
mixu win record - 30.65%

1875godsgift
31-03-2010, 10:56 PM
But surely, if Yogi hadn't got us into the position where we challenged for 2nd, this wouldn't be seen as a slide?
And i very much doubt if Stokes would be here if it wasn't for Yogi.
It's indicative of our current culture IMO, I want everything on a plate and I WANT IT NOW!
Give the man a chance FFS!

ScottB
31-03-2010, 11:03 PM

yogi win record - 45.71%
mixu win record - 30.65%

Well theres different time lengths there.

What about Mixu's complete season against this one, or the second half of last season against this one out of interest.

hibee92
31-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Well theres different time lengths there.

What about Mixu's complete season against this one, or the second half of last season against this one out of interest.

good point but unfortunately i have no idea how to get the figures

J-C
31-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Lets saddle up the luch and ride again then. :greengrin

Doesn't make sense, it was a typo but the word LUCH actually means Irish for mouse, would have to be a pretty small saddle. :greengrin

hibee92
31-03-2010, 11:10 PM
i think the reason people are on mixu's back is that we started the season so well and built an expectation far beyond our ability as a squad, if we had been sitting 7th/8th all season then jumped up to where we are now, there would be no complaints

ps couple yams viewing the thread, **** off :greengrin

gillythehibby
31-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Never ceases to amaze me how many "experts" appear when all is not well. "oh, this is the formation we should play", "this player is gash" "How can ye no see what's wrong yogi", "if you were really a hibs man you would leave". Didny see too many experts when we were lying 3rd early doors and scoring goals for fun. Add this to the best defensive record at the time. These things happen to average players. Dundee utd took 3-4 years to get as strong as they are. They looked a cert a the start of the season to be 3rd and are proving this to be so. Maybe we should act like supporters and get behind the man. I'm sure he knows who needs emptied at the end of the season. The big man needs at least another season. Unless Mourinho is fed up in Italy after all and fancies coming tae scotland.:wink:

jakedance
31-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm still backing Yogi. Everyone manager deserves time to put things right. Tonights performance was terrible though, I'm not surprised there are dissenting voices.

carnoustiehibee
31-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Never ceases to amaze me how many "experts" appear when all is not well. "oh, this is the formation we should play", "this player is gash" "How can ye no see what's wrong yogi", "if you were really a hibs man you would leave". Didny see too many experts when we were lying 3rd early doors and scoring goals for fun. Add this to the best defensive record at the time. These things happen to average players. Dundee utd took 3-4 years to get as strong as they are. They looked a cert a the start of the season to be 3rd and are proving this to be so. Maybe we should act like supporters and get behind the man. I'm sure he knows who needs emptied at the end of the season. The big man needs at least another season. Unless Mourinho is fed up in Italy after all and fancies coming tae scotland.:wink:

he also made hogg captain,plays rankin every week and nish upfront.if his vision for the future includes these players were ****ed

erskine-hibby
31-03-2010, 11:21 PM
[/B]

yes you did !

Where exactly???

There again if the shoe fits.

erskine-hibby
31-03-2010, 11:24 PM
1.get
2.a
3.firkin
4.life
5.saddoe
6.nothing personal by the way.

grown up now,thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

No probs, happy to help.

YetholmHibee
31-03-2010, 11:25 PM

yogi win record - 45.71%
mixu win record - 30.65%

Whatever! :bitchy: :bitchy: :bitchy:

Tonight's performance, like other recent performances was completely Shiote!

Do you really think we are progressing that much from your figures?

I thought Hibs played shiote tonight & I think Hibs have been playing shiote for a long period now?

It was not good football from Hibs tonight & it has not been good football for a while now?

Hibs are boring - the long ball to Riordan, Stokes, Benji & nish :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

I pay to get entertained!!

Disco Dave
31-03-2010, 11:26 PM

10 games since our last win, except from the wins inbetween :greengrin

Just about sums up the people wanting Yogi out, that one did make me laugh though :thumbsup:

erskine-hibby
31-03-2010, 11:27 PM

I thought Hibs played shiote tonight & I think Hibs have been playing shiote for a long period now?

It was not good football from Hibs tonight & it has not been good football for a while now?

Hibs are boring - the long ball to Riordan, Stokes, Benji & nish :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Mate, some are happy with whatever is served up to them...as long as it's maroo.....I mean green.

hibee92
31-03-2010, 11:27 PM

the figures show we're progressing, would mixu have us sitting 4th?

Disco Dave
31-03-2010, 11:31 PM

The poster gives you a fairly significant stat and your reply like a wee schoolgirl with 'whatever' :greengrin

Some of you guys are cracking me up, you should phone the Samaritans! I can think of times when we were a lot worse and there wasn't half as much drivel posted here. Honestly believe some people actually prefer it when we lose now just to have a moan, even when we win you clowns are moaning. You support Hibs for gods sake, not Rangers or Celtic.

BEEJ
31-03-2010, 11:33 PM

:confused: Mathematically, perhaps. But to achieve that will require a massive turnaround from the performances that we've seen recently.

Not to say that the last few weeks have not been disappointing, Yogi has shown he has a lot to learn himself and he has a lot of work to do over the summer but we need to stick with him and give him a chance to take another step forward next season.
Unfortunately he did already have a lot of SPL experience when he took the Hibs post. Yet whatever he is learning now seems to be pretty fundamental.

:top marks There should be a press embargo with no Hibs players permitted to talk to the media until we've come out of this rut.

My Sister and Dad were at the game tonight, I didn't go as I'm not feeling all that great, and from what they said, Hibs played well, they just didn't take their chances, and the Referee didn't help, plus we were denied a Penalty shortly before theirs.
Hibs looked good and up for the match in the first 15 minutes. Then we went through a period of about 20 minutes where the ref was giving us nothing but awarded them their penalty.

After that we lost our focus on the game, our shape seemed to go to pot, certain players spent more energy arguing with the referee than playing the game and we began to look a dispirited bunch. Result was that DU got stronger as the match progressed.

Out of interest how many people in this thread were at the game tonight, I wasn't but I'm not well and would have gone if not for illness.
I was; right until the end. A 106 mile round trip - I can think of many better ways I could have spent the evening

To a large extent this thread is redundant because sacking Yogi is not an option the club has at the moment; nor would the club consider it in a season in which a top 6 finish has been achieved.

So he will get another season and doubtless we'll see another busy transfer window this summer. But by next Spring there will be no room for excuses.

Disco Dave
31-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Mate, some are happy with whatever is served up to them...as long as it's maroo.....I mean green.

And some people are happy to be greeting faced *******s :agree:

carnoustiehibee
31-03-2010, 11:34 PM
The poster gives you a fairly significant stat and your reply like a wee schoolgirl with 'whatever' :greengrin

Some of you guys are cracking me up, you should phone the Samaritans! I can think of times when we were a lot worse and there wasn't half as much drivel posted here. Honestly believe some people actually prefer it when we lose now just to have a moan, even when we win you clowns are moaning. You support Hibs for gods sake, not Rangers or Celtic.

so you going by stats or what your watching on the pitch?

do you think we have improved under yogi?

jabis
31-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Where exactly???

There again if the shoe fits.

sooooo,if you SUPPORT Hibs your a jambo..

just asking ?

or am I picking your inane ramblings up wrong ?

JDanielR1875
31-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Please Yogi get this sorted i beleive in you!!

erskine-hibby
31-03-2010, 11:39 PM
And some people are happy to be greeting faced *******s :agree:

Maybe so, but some of us won't stick our heads in the sand like our neighbours across the city and say everything is fine and dandy, when clearly it isn't. If that makes us greetin faced, so be it, but i'd rather be that than follow the pied piper.

erskine-hibby
31-03-2010, 11:41 PM
sooooo,if you SUPPORT Hibs your a jambo..

just asking ?

or am I picking your inane ramblings up wrong ?

No your not picking up anything....sorry.

Your feeble attempts at trying to twist my words are only fooling yourself.

YetholmHibee
31-03-2010, 11:42 PM
the figures show we're progressing, would mixu have us sitting 4th?

Sorry, forget about the figures!

Do you actually think Hibs played good football tonight?

To me, good football is good passing in front of your team mate - how many times did the pass go behind our player?

Dundee Utd deserved to win tonight - physical, faster, organised game plan & better passing. Good luck to them.

Hibs are boring - hoof the ball up to the 'easily managed' strike force in the country - they can only jump 2 inches & crumble! :bitchy:

Disco Dave
31-03-2010, 11:44 PM
so you going by stats or what your watching on the pitch?

do you think we have improved under yogi?

Yes I am happy with the improvement, if you go through our 'bad' spell result by result it isn't half as bad as you would think on here.

Rangers 3-0 game - where we played them off the park until they got a dodgy pen
St Johnstone 5-1 game - the best team in Scotland just got thumped 4-1 there
Motherwell 1-0 - we had to play 60 mins with a man down unjustly
St Johnstone 1-1 - Fair result
Beat Killie 1-0 - Probably still not happy were you?
Then the county games with the Hearts game inbetween - I'll admit unacceptable
Beat Falkirk 3-1
And tonight where I thought we could have beat a team that has been formed over 3 seasons on another night if they didn't have all the luck

Disco Dave
31-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Hardly the end of the world is it?

lEXO
31-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Less and less behind Yogi as the weeks go bye.

YetholmHibee
31-03-2010, 11:46 PM

Are you happy with the football Hibs are playing?

Forget about the result?

Are you happy with the way we play?

matty_f
31-03-2010, 11:50 PM
I probably back Yogi more after tonight than I have all season, I just don't think we've got good enough players at the club at the moment.

We've got some excellent players, a couple of average ones, and a good few who shouldn't really be at an SPL club.

I thought tactically the formation was alright tonight, we played reasonably well in patches but time and time again individual errors caused us problems.

Until Yogi gets time to build a team, by bringing in good players and moving on those that aren't up to it, I think we should show him some patience and get behind him.

He can only pish wi' the cock he's got.:agree:

Disco Dave
31-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Are you happy with the football Hibs are playing?

Forget about the result?

Are you happy with the way we play?

I'm happy with the improvement on last season :thumbsup:

Disco Dave
31-03-2010, 11:53 PM
I probably back Yogi more after tonight than I have all season, I just don't think we've got good enough players at the club at the moment.

We've got some excellent players, a couple of average ones, and a good few who shouldn't really be at an SPL club.

I thought tactically the formation was alright tonight, we played reasonably well in patches but time and time again individual errors caused us problems.

Until Yogi gets time to build a team, by bringing in good players and moving on those that aren't up to it, I think we should show him some patience and get behind him.

Wellbankhibby
31-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Well said give the man a chance. Yes we have fallen away and our results recently have been poor especially going out of the cup and recent league defeats. Yogi has always said he is rebuilding the team and it takes time. We have some brilliant talent at ER and if Yogi can sign a couple of hard men we will all see a different Hibs. Over the years we have often had excellent footballing teams but there is little doubt we are very soft and need to toughen up quickly. We showed some dig up to christmas time but we have fallen away since January with the exception of a couple of good results. Our problem is we started like a house on fire and now there is a lack of confidence and our results are poor so we are all dissapointed. It takes time to build a good side Give the Man a chance after all he is a Hibee.:bitchy:

lEXO
31-03-2010, 11:55 PM

We have no recognised right back, a back four of central defenders,a midfield of midgets and four goalies.not a very good squad building exercise to build me with confidence Matty.

YetholmHibee
31-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Hardly the end of the world is it?

Your reply is like a wee schoolgirl with 'Hardly the end of the world is it?'

It's called the pot calling the kettle . . . .

:greengrin:greengrin

erskine-hibby
01-04-2010, 12:02 AM

A fair assesment.
BUT... he has had all season to see that the 4 3 3 system he seems to like doesn't work and although we started off 4 4 2 we soon went back to the old way.
The team doesn't look united, ok they may say so in the press but on the park they look disjointed, no??
TBH I don't think Yogi can, or is willing to, change and that is a big worry.
Apart from one or two games this season it has been like this and we are now the whipping boys, that's for sure. Yogi even admits we are soft, get pushed around...well isn't that your job Yogi to get them sorted????
He has hadall season and you have failed to address this, he has had the cash to bring in players. Much more than previous managers it seems, but the bill of fare, at the moment, is no better.
That is some reasons why IMHO I don't think he is up to the task and for the good of the club should stand down.

Disco Dave
Your reply is like a wee schoolgirl with 'Hardly the end of the world is it?'

It's called the pot calling the kettle . . . .

:greengrin:greengrin

How can you compare saying that to saying 'whatever'? :confused:

fatbloke
i'l retract that, shouldn't really have called them cloggers to be fair :blushie:

My eyesight is getting worse I thought that read - doggers.

matty_f
01-04-2010, 12:05 AM
We have no recognised right back, a back four of central defenders,a midfield of midgets and four goalies.not a very good squad building exercise to build me with confidence Matty.

That backs my point up, though. Yogi tried to get players in to fill key positions in January, but their clubs weren't willing to do business with us at that point.

Right back has been a problem all season, we've had Wotherspoon who's come in and done well, but I think the season's taken it's toll on him a little, Hogg's had to play there on occasion and now we've got Thicot there.

Yogi's had to try and shuffle the pack to try and utilise the players already at the club and that's what's causing problems, and is why he needs time.

YetholmHibee
01-04-2010, 12:08 AM

If the players are not doing it for him NOW then how can anybody say they will do it for them next season (?)

Everything is in place for the manager & team - new training facilities at East Mains . . . . so why the usual problem after xmas (?)

What have we gain out of the £4.5 Million complex - performance & results!

:bitchy:

matty_f
01-04-2010, 12:09 AM
A fair assesment.
BUT... he has had all season to see that the 4 3 3 system he seems to like doesn't work and although we started off 4 4 2 we soon went back to the old way.
The team doesn't look united, ok they may say so in the press but on the park they look disjointed, no??
TBH I don't think Yogi can, or is willing to, change and that is a big worry.
Apart from one or two games this season it has been like this and we are now the whipping boys, that's for sure. Yogi even admits we are soft, get pushed around...well isn't that your job Yogi to get them sorted????
He have had all season and you have failed to address this, he has had the cash to bring in players. Much more than previous managers it seems, but the bill of fare, at the moment, is no better.
That is some reasons why IMHO I don't think he is up to the task and for the good of the club should stand down.

To be honest, the 4-3-3 has me tearing my hair out, but last night's game showed exactly why Yogi's played it so often.

We don't have the players at the club to effectively play a straight forward 4-4-2, so Yogi has played to our strengths (our attackers) and has been successful with that, to a point.

BEEJ
01-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Yes I am happy with the improvement, if you go through our 'bad' spell result by result it isn't half as bad as you would think on here.

Rangers 3-0 game - where we played them off the park until they got a dodgy pen
St Johnstone 5-1 game - the best team in Scotland just got thumped 4-1 there
Motherwell 1-0 - we had to play 60 mins with a man down unjustly
St Johnstone 1-1 - Fair result
Beat Killie 1-0 - Probably still not happy were you?
Then the county games with the Hearts game inbetween - I'll admit unacceptable
Beat Falkirk 3-1
And tonight where I thought we could have beat a team that has been formed over 3 seasons on another night if they didn't have all the luck
Whilst I admire your upbeat and positive attitude, that really is a ridiculously rose-tinted analysis of our recent form.

When you look beyond those results and recall the performances that led to them you see that we have serious problems to be dealt with.

lEXO
01-04-2010, 12:12 AM
That backs my point up, though. Yogi tried to get players in to fill key positions in January, but their clubs weren't willing to do business with us at that point.

Right back has been a problem all season, we've had Wotherspoon who's come in and done well, but I think the season's taken it's toll on him a little, Hogg's had to play there on occasion and now we've got Thicot there.

Yogi's had to try and shuffle the pack to try and utilise the players already at the club and that's what's causing problems, and is why he needs time.
Why did,nt he get a right back in the summer?There was only Mcann, and he was out for two years injured.Shuffling players about is ok for a game or two but not good in the long term.I,m not asking for him to be emptied, but the list i added in my previous post needs looked at.The same substitutions every game,almost the same tactics as well make us predictable.Doesnt fill me with confidence.

matty_f
01-04-2010, 12:12 AM

If the players are not doing it for him NOW then how can anybody say they will do it for them next season (?)

Everything is in place for the manager & team - new training facilities at East Mains . . . . so why the usual problem after xmas (?)

What have we gain out of the £4.5 Million complex - performance & results!

:bitchy:

That's the point though, he needs to be given the time to move players on and get better ones in.

The point I'm making is that this group of players CAN'T do it for Yogi, I think they all worked hard, and if you checked their pro-zone stats etc, they'd be running about as much as the Utd players were, they're (well, some of them) just aren't good enough for this level.

I don't think it's a case of 'won't' do it for Yogi - I think they're all willing, just not able.

YetholmHibee
01-04-2010, 12:16 AM
How can you compare saying that to saying 'whatever'? :confused:

Quite easily - I am in the middle of a (boy & girl) teenage nightmare! :wink:

Heard all the usual 'end of' conversation bits.

But yours it the best . . . you win :agree:

:notworthy:

:wink:

matty_f
01-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Why did,nt he get a right back in the summer?There was only Mcann, and he was out for two years injured.Shuffling players about is ok for a game or two but not good in the long term.I,m not asking for him to be emptied, but the list i added in my previous post needs looked at.The same substitutions every game,almost the same tactics as well make us predictable.Doesnt fill me with confidence.

AFAIK, he tried to get a right back - bear in mind we started the season with Van Zanten as well, and I think Yogi saw Wotherspoon as a stop gap until January where he could try again, and to be fair - Wotherspoon was excellent in that role up until very recently.

Yogi's also had to deal with injuries to key players, and had Bamba away for weeks. I think he'd love to field a settled side, I just don't think he's been able to do it yet.

YetholmHibee
01-04-2010, 12:26 AM
AFAIK, he tried to get a right back - bear in mind we started the season with Van Zanten as well, and I think Yogi saw Wotherspoon as a stop gap until January where he could try again, and to be fair - Wotherspoon was excellent in that role up until very recently.

Yogi's also had to deal with injuries to key players, and had Bamba away for weeks. I think he'd love to field a settled side, I just don't think he's been able to do it yet.

But he had a right back - Daz McCormack!

So why play Wotherspoon in that position when he never played full back?

Play players in the natural position :wink:

And drop the players that are not producing . . . . :bitchy:

Disco Dave
01-04-2010, 12:30 AM

Probably because McCormack is complete gash. Would have Wotherspoon there before him every day of the week.

matty_f
01-04-2010, 12:30 AM

And replace them with who:confused:

To be honest, Wotherspoon's looked better at right back than McCormack has, plus McCormack's not had his troubles to seek off the field either. I would imagine that Yogi has good reason for not putitng him in to the side at the moment.

NOLA
01-04-2010, 12:33 AM

Wer'r not great, why should we be? utd and even motherwell look like getting the best of the rest. 5th Place will do me right now!

NOLA
01-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Probably because McCormack is complete gash. Would have Wotherspoon there before him every day of the week.
darren is a CB!

Disco Dave
01-04-2010, 12:37 AM
darren is a CB!

Yep I know and he is as gash there as he is at right back :agree:

Diclonius
01-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Starting to have my doubts.

I really want him to succeed but the fact that he continually fails to get his tactics right when the solution is garingly obvious is worrying.

If he doesn't sign the right players in the close season then 2010-11 will be another one of those famous years we like to call "transition" and he'll be out the door during or at the end of it.

Vini1875
01-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Still behind Yogi? Yes and I would happily see him improve our squad over the next couple of transfer windows. He has improved our postion and points tally and he has improved the squad. There is lots of work to be done, but that is what he has been saying.

The truth is it is us the fans who have got carried away with things and that is why the season seems like a dismal failure. however regardless of manager we do tend to have a poor period after new year. This season is no different to the majority I have witnessed over the last 30 years.

hibsbollah
01-04-2010, 01:04 AM
My biggest worry is he seems totally incapable of changing games. No plan B, no tactical subs.

I'm hoping the spell in the stands will help him see whats going on more clearly than down on the touchline, where i think his emotions take over. Sacking him isnt the answer.

Cropley10
01-04-2010, 06:58 AM
I'm happy with the improvement on last season :thumbsup:

But what improvement?

We've had 2 wins against teams in the top 6,same as Mixu.

Think you're talkin ****** and you weren't even there last night

HFC 0-7
01-04-2010, 07:11 AM
:confused: Nope its shows you are having your good patch at a different time.

still 21 points up for grabs and plenty twists / chances to get a run together...

If we continue to slide then yes we need to review.

Can I remind people we already have more points than last season

You are burying your head in the sand! So what if we have more points than last season, we are still under achieving at this point in the season. Its clear that things are very wrong by the performances.

Cropley10
01-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Yep I know and he is as gash there as he is at right back :agree:

:faf: but nowhere near as absolutely gash as they boy Thicot eh:thumbsup:

Two touches of the ball and it still goes out for a shy, slower than a week in the jail.

HFC 0-7
01-04-2010, 07:18 AM

Fair point yes, but the fact that the players are ALL pretty much playing badly at the moment, even the good ones like Miller, it would suggest its not something as simple as needing better players. I would say we have better players than every team apart from Utd, Celtic and Rangers, and this was proven at the start of the season. Now we look as if we have a worse squad than every team in the SPL. recently poerformances have been shocking, 1 or2 bad ones can be put down to the players, but when it is every week then you need to start looking at the manager.

Fifer
01-04-2010, 07:19 AM

Phil MaGlass
01-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Disco Dave
100% behind him, starting to think Hibs fans are probably the biggest group of greeting faced wee bairns I've ever came across

No! I think that accolade goes to Aberdeen by a country mile.

Brizo
01-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Yes still behind Yogi. But you only have to compare last nights performance to our first game at ER vs Arabs (partic the first 1/2 of that game) to see how far performances have slipped. On last nights evidence DUFC have a balance - no nonsense safety first defenders , battling midfielders who win 50/50s , genuine width and clinical finishing up front - that we just dont have.

On paper, our squad with two or three summer transfer window additions to add some physical presence in key areas should be able to emulate that balance. My concern is whether Yogis "vision" has room for that type of player. Yogi should get next season to see whether he can get us back on track and do what most managers in my lifetime have failed to do , keep our season going beyond January.

Ginger Gehagan
01-04-2010, 07:54 AM
I think dont think we should get rid of Yogi, the majority of his signing's have been good so far and he needs time to get rid a lot of the fringe players and guy's who simply are'nt up to the task. As has been stated already, he can ony pish with the cock that he's got. My main concern is the more I see of the football were producing, it looks like he's using his cock to pish on his shoes rather than in the urinal.

lEXO
01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
My biggest worry is he seems totally incapable of changing games. No plan B, no tactical subs.

I'm hoping the spell in the stands will help him see whats going on more clearly than down on the touchline, where i think his emotions take over. Sacking him isnt the answer.
:agree: To all of this.

yekimevol
01-04-2010, 07:39 PM
I’ve lost confidence I yogi I don’t trust his signing, I’m not saying that there not good but managers should analyse their squad and see what is needed and create a balanced squad. Yogi never did we had more central midfielders than I could count but he brought in more Gregg, McBride, miller. When we needed some width in the squad and some central defenders and he promised a world class replacement for Jones which never came. then in January these problems where shown even more in January when our midfield had been shown to be narrow and we were in need of centre back and right back what did he do two goalkeepers and a striker.

marinello59
01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
I’ve lost confidence I yogi I don’t trust his signing, I’m not saying that there not good but managers should analyse their squad and see what is needed and create a balanced squad. Yogi never did we had more central midfielders than I could count but he brought in more Gregg, McBride, miller. When we needed some width in the squad and some central defenders and he promised a world class replacement for Jones which never came. then in January these problems where shown even more in January when our midfield had been shown to be narrow and we were in need of centre back and right back what did he do two goalkeepers and a striker.

Cr@p.
I don't like giving one word answers so I will expand.
Complete and utter cr@p.

jabis
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
No your not picking up anything....sorry.

Your feeble attempts at trying to twist my words are only fooling yourself.

:kettle:

Arch Stanton
01-04-2010, 09:17 PM

The photo on the back of the EEN shows him sitting right next to Rod Petrie - I wonder who's decision that was - Rod doesn't look very happy and Yogi doesn't look very comfortable. I can just inmagine the conversation -

Rod: "So why have you suddenly decided to play 4-4-2?"
Yogi: "Oh aye, well that's cuz Stokesy's got a bit of a cold, ken"

Arch Stanton
01-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Cr@p.
I don't like giving one word answers so I will expand.
Complete and utter cr@p.

Maybe you could elucidate then - what exactly did he say about replacing Jones?

Anything?

marinello59
01-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Maybe you could elucidate then - what exactly did he say about replacing Jones?

Anything?

He certainly didn't promise a 'world class replacement.'

Arch Stanton
01-04-2010, 09:30 PM
He certainly didn't promise a 'world class replacement.'

You said that already - I was wanting to know what exactly he did say about replacing Jones.