PDA

View Full Version : Players first, then Hughes

Captain Trips
31-03-2010, 08:45 PM
A lot of these guys have IMO been a let down under last manager and this one.

Without doubt Hughes has made mistakes that poor players have compunded the issue, desire and grit is lacking that lies with the player of course the manager needs input but if a player needs motivation from anyone should they be playing the game.

IMO Nish, Rankin, Stevenson should be sold asap the basics seem to be sadly lacking, if Hughes persists with this as a midfield it will be his biggest mistake as it will cost him the job. There are players out there not fight to represent Hibs, we can do better than some of the calibur out there, its up to Hughes in the summer to make big changes.

I blame players for the efforts of last months and not to far behind Hughes.

Sort it John as these guys will get you the sack.

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Hughes has lost the plot.

Dropping Stokes

Playing Stevenson (Anywhere, especially centre midfield)

Liam Miller at RM?

John Rankin

Persisting with that imposter of a defender Hogg

Nae width

Bla

Bla

****ing

Bla

Captain Trips
31-03-2010, 08:50 PM

Dropping Stokes

Liam Miller at RM?

John Rankin

Nae width

Bla

Bla

****ing

Bla

No doubt, Stokes on bench not on for me, but players have gotten away with buck stopping with manager, they have been shocking out there for weeks.

KiddA
31-03-2010, 08:52 PM
A lot of these guys have IMO been a let down under last manager and this one.

Without doubt Hughes has made mistakes that poor players have compunded the issue, desire and grit is lacking that lies with the player of course the manager needs input but if a player needs motivation from anyone should they be playing the game.

IMO Nish, Rankin, Stevenson should be sold asap the basics seem to be sadly lacking, if Hughes persists with this as a midfield it will be his biggest mistake as it will cost him the job. There are players out there not fight to represent Hibs, we can do better than some of the calibur out there, its up to Hughes in the summer to make big changes.

I blame players for the efforts of last months and not to far behind Hughes.

Sort it John as these guys will get you the sack.

I agree:agree: you can only p*ss with the cock you have got. JH need to bring in is own team and get rid of the dead wood i.e Rankin, Hogg, Stevenson three players who were auwful tonight. Hogg has been mince all season and probably the worst Hibs captain I have ever seen. He can p#ss and moan all he wants about the pk but why oh why did he lunge in like that in the box :rolleyes:

JCHibby
31-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Dropping Stokes

Liam Miller at RM?

John Rankin

Nae width

Bla

Bla

****ing

Bla

Complete waste of one of our best players, it is crazy to play him there. He does not have the pace to beat anyone yet we play him in a position that requires that.. Cregg and Miller in centre mid end of story, Galbraith wide left with Wotherspoon wide right.

Westie1875
31-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Stokes was apparently ill, not point starting with a player who is not 100%.

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Stokes was apparently ill, not point starting with a player who is not 100%.

No point having him on the bench..

Potentially bring him on as a sub, he's not fit enough so have to use another sub to replace him :confused:

Yogi style tactics obviously..

Velma Dinkley
31-03-2010, 10:00 PM
No point having him on the bench..

Potentially bring him on as a sub, he's not fit enough so have to use another sub to replace him :confused:

Yogi style tactics obviously..

A tactic which actually worked.

hibsboy90
31-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Possibly he decided that deeks was to be given a go upfront like folk have been screaming about for months now. He works better off a big striker taking the knock downs etc, so Nish is a better option.*

* This being based on Nish having one of his better games.

That combined with Stokes not feeling 100%, and a need for a 4 man midfield, means it makes sense to leave stokes out.

Oh, and deeks upfront - did a lot didn't he :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 10:06 PM
A tactic which actually worked.

**** sorry I forgot Nish missed 2 sitters, we got beat 4-2 but Stokes scored a pointless consolation goal..

So it worked REAAAALLY well..

Oops :rolleyes:

The_Horde
31-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Right so we win at the weekend and he changes the team around.

WTF.

What little width we had was sacrificed, why?

The players have a lot to answer for but the tactics were outrageous, you wouldn't have believed for a minute that those players had been training with each other day in day out for nearly a season now.

We are far too hesitant on and off the ball and there is absolutely nobody leading the team. Most good teams have a good 3/4 leaders on the pitch at least whilst we have nobody.

Big changes required in the summer, i still think Yogi should keep his job until this time next season and then if we don't see any improvement its time for change.. again.

As for Hogg, i can't believe he was names Mr. consistent for so long, the boys just not got it.

The_Horde
31-03-2010, 10:17 PM
**** sorry I forgot Nish missed 2 sitters, we got beat 4-2 but Stokes scored a pointless consolation goal..

And our first was a deflection.

Velma Dinkley
31-03-2010, 10:22 PM

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Perhaps you've confused yourself. He started on the bench because the manager thought he was not fit enough for the full 90 minutes but could play a part later on in the game if needed. He was brought on and scored. So it did work.