PDA

View Full Version : New group in the East NEED HELP! READ

Thomson1875
31-03-2010, 11:59 AM
i started a thread a wee while ago about starting a group in the east stand when it is built.( Starting a group in the New East? - HibeesBounce.com - Hibernian FC Forums (http://hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94725)
Starting a group in the New East? - HibeesBounce.com - Hibernian FC Forums (http://hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94725)
) After the singing section thing popped up i kind of just went with that hopeing something will/would come of it. Even if it does their we will locate their.

But i feel us as supporters need to get something organised. Now would be the best time to start. with ST getting renewed soon.

Name of the group
i dont think there will be a name as it will put many people off imo. So if we are to get a group going just refer to it as the hibs fan group or something. I think without names ect it will atract more people outwith the youth.

General things within the group will be Singing and starting new songs, Getting behind the team as much as possible and to bring some colour back to ER. also get a banter(good for when we are not playing so well.

Ideas that would be good everyone within the group donating 1-2quid a month or something, to make some hibs banners ect! With the left over money if there was any then could be donated to our youth team.

Ideas that would be really good which i dont think would happen could be possible though. Getting the group on travels to most away games if there are 40ish people to all chip in for a bus to leave for it. Which would help our away atmosphere alot and a good banter on the bus.

Who will run the group
Myself and anyone interested, i would say 4 or 5 people to be the main people of the group for information ect. Hopefully a few older people would be interested in this. Which then if we speak to hibs about getting a section of the stand could be the people who let them know our plans and get help.

We will need
The backing of most hibs fans that attend each week, whether intersted in the group or not. For feedback and suggestions of what they would like to see or here!

Dont say
you are intersted but you arnt really bothered and will not locate to where we are. If you say you will join then make sure your certain.

Where
Not sure but i feel roughy where section 42 was.

Members List
Trying to get about 40-50ish people atleast but any over 20 should be a good starting point, Mention wheather you attend most home games, & how many away games you make, And where your located, & if you would be interested in going to away games via a group bus! If you would like to be a main spokes person then put beside your name. Thanks and please try and make this possible.

HG= HOME GAMES
AG =AWAY GAMES
BUS = BUShttp://www.hibeesbounce.com/images/smilies/giggle.gif
A- ALL
S- SOME
M-MOST
N- NONE
W- WOULD ATTEND VIA BUS (if happened)
PUT + 1,2,3,4 ECT IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING WiTH OTHERS!

1. Thomson08 EDINBURGH : GROUP BUS YES : HG ST Holder AG: S

MoantheCabbage
31-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Good post and totally agree. However Hibs have just put out the feelers on this in regards to listening meetings which will take place next week at ER.

Im sure the point of a singing section will come up in these talks and a whole raft of other points.

I would wait until next week so we can get grasp on what the club thinks is a good idea and then plan from there.

Antifa Hibs
31-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Only way to get anything like this up and running IMO is to get an identity, get a website/forum on the go, a group banner, get a few bodies together in a section of the New East and then watch it grow.

Not every Hibby is on the internet. Members will join such things after what they see and here on the terraces, not on the web. :wink:

Anything will take time aswell, Celtic's Green Brigade for example, used to only have 25 bodies standing at the top of their section, now its around 200, for cup matches they can attract anything upto 600+.

Anyhoo, count me in and good luck!

Thomson1875
31-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Good post and totally agree. However Hibs have just put out the feelers on this in regards to listening meetings which will take place next week at ER.

Im sure the point of a singing section will come up in these talks and a whole raft of other points.

I would wait until next week so we can get grasp on what the club thinks is a good idea and then plan from there.

i know, but just feel the need to plan a head and even still get a group within the sections (if provided by the club). Then the group of people could work on creating an atmosphere at away games.

Just trying to start a group in general to get people heading to away games more to create some atmosphere and to bring some colour back to ER.

If hibs give us sections for people who want to sing ect. Then brilliant but doing so wont get some original hibs songs & new songs started. which will be one of the aims of the group.

Im hoping it goes to plan & ends up beeing an away day group aswell. When/if hibs decide to do something like sections or what not we will just be a group within it trying to get songs ect sang.

Thomson1875
31-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Only way to get anything like this up and running IMO is to get an identity, get a website/forum on the go, a group banner, get a few bodies together in a section of the New East and then watch it grow.

Not every Hibby is on the internet. Members will join such things after what they see and here on the terraces, not on the web. :wink:

Anything will take time aswell, Celtic's Green Brigade for example, used to only have 25 bodies standing at the top of their section, now its around 200, for cup matches they can attract anything upto 600+.

Anyhoo, count me in and good luck!

Im looking into getting a small forum started at the moment just trying to see if its worth it tbh.

i know that there not all on the web, so i have been thinking of getting a couple people to help hand out small leaflets before the end of the season. To gather interest.

thats what im trying to achieve just need to get a group of around that amount 1rst.

thanks for the support!

RIP
31-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Is this the same campaign or a different one?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=177069&highlight=singing

Ryan91
31-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I'd be more than up for it, I'll be a season ticket holder next year, but I will be through at Uni in Glasgow, so I'll probably try and get tickets for the likes of Darkheid, Castle Greyskull, Motherwell/Killie/St. Mirren provided that Killie stay up as it won't be too far for me to travel, and that is of course provided I have money to get to games. I think this sort of group is what is needed, I know there are probably several groups out there trying to achieve a similar goal, so if possible the groups should come together as one.

Thomson1875
31-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Is this the same campaign or a different one?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=177069&highlight=singing (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=177069&highlight=singing)

different, roughly the same idea though! apart from getting a group together at home and to go to away games in the future, sort of like the dundee united away support the SAS or Shed rules or something along those lines.

Thomson1875
31-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I'd be more than up for it, I'll be a season ticket holder next year, but I will be through at Uni in Glasgow, so I'll probably try and get tickets for the likes of Darkheid, Castle Greyskull, Motherwell/Killie/St. Mirren provided that Killie stay up as it won't be too far for me to travel, and that is of course provided I have money to get to games. I think this sort of group is what is needed, I know there are probably several groups out there trying to achieve a similar goal, so if possible the groups should come together as one.

i only know of one other group the one for the singing section ect! But when the outcome of that happens& if we get a singing section we will become a group within.

so would you be happy to join us if a group gets started?

hibeedonald
31-03-2010, 03:55 PM
if it happens i will. will be renewing my st for near the back of section 42

Thomson1875
31-03-2010, 03:58 PM
if it happens i will. will be renewing my st for near the back of section 42

good mate:greengrin, thats where we will be trying to go anyway due to that beeing where most people interested where last season.

MacBean
31-03-2010, 04:01 PM
My health has deteriorated significantly since my post about the singing section and i have been unable to do alot since then. We had around 200 people signed up and Mr Hyland was happy to help us but unfortunately i cant do alot on it now after surgery and a few mis haps i kinda have to pass up on this cause which im gutted about as i had every intention of getting it going.

Thomson1875
31-03-2010, 04:05 PM
My health has deteriorated significantly since my post about the singing section and i have been unable to do alot since then. We had around 200 people signed up and Mr Hyland was happy to help us but unfortunately i cant do alot on it now after surgery and a few mis haps i kinda have to pass up on this cause which im gutted about as i had every intention of getting it going.

if i could help out with getting it going again ill try? im trying to make it my goal to start something at the moment as we need something to be done.

Keith_M
31-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Just a quick comment. You mentioned meeting in section 42 but wouldn't that be near the end of the stand? The reason I ask is that the new East Stand, unlike the old one, will have side walls. That could mean you won't be able to see the visiting fans, therefore no fan baiting as in days of yore. :wink:

Anyway, all the best in your endeavours, I hope it works out.

:thumbsup:

Thomson1875
31-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Just a quick comment. You mentioned meeting in section 42 but wouldn't that be near the end of the stand? The reason I ask is that the new East Stand, unlike the old one, will have side walls. That could mean you won't be able to see the visiting fans, therefore no fan baiting as in days of yore. :wink:

Anyway, all the best in your endeavours, I hope it works out.

:thumbsup:

nah mate the old 42 was just to the right of the middle of the old east if you where looking at it from the west so about that area is where we want to be. dont know if it will be sec 42 in the new stand but there abouts of the old 42 as good view of the field and away fans.

bubblesmorrison
31-03-2010, 06:09 PM
yes mate am defo in looking to renew st but change seat into the east anyway and i do go to most away games. i hope there are a good few interested in this but as someone else said it willl be interesting to see what the club say about this at its meetings next week.

Thomson1875
31-03-2010, 10:01 PM
yes mate am defo in looking to renew st but change seat into the east anyway and i do go to most away games. i hope there are a good few interested in this but as someone else said it willl be interesting to see what the club say about this at its meetings next week.

good, just trying to get people interested ect at the moment.

after next week if hibs dont decide on anything will a couple of people fancy help run this group?

Thomson1875
01-04-2010, 11:36 PM
only got around 15ish people interested at the moment, come on people get your interest forward:wink:. or are most waiting to see what the club reveal? if anything

PaulSmith
08-04-2010, 08:11 AM
i started a thread a wee while ago about starting a group in the east stand when it is built.( Starting a group in the New East? - HibeesBounce.com - Hibernian FC Forums (http://hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94725)
Starting a group in the New East? - HibeesBounce.com - Hibernian FC Forums (http://hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94725)
) After the singing section thing popped up i kind of just went with that hopeing something will/would come of it. Even if it does their we will locate their.

But i feel us as supporters need to get something organised. Now would be the best time to start. with ST getting renewed soon.

Name of the group
i dont think there will be a name as it will put many people off imo. So if we are to get a group going just refer to it as the hibs fan group or something. I think without names ect it will atract more people outwith the youth.

General things within the group will be Singing and starting new songs, Getting behind the team as much as possible and to bring some colour back to ER. also get a banter(good for when we are not playing so well.

Ideas that would be good everyone within the group donating 1-2quid a month or something, to make some hibs banners ect! With the left over money if there was any then could be donated to our youth team.

Ideas that would be really good which i dont think would happen could be possible though. Getting the group on travels to most away games if there are 40ish people to all chip in for a bus to leave for it. Which would help our away atmosphere alot and a good banter on the bus.

Who will run the group
Myself and anyone interested, i would say 4 or 5 people to be the main people of the group for information ect. Hopefully a few older people would be interested in this. Which then if we speak to hibs about getting a section of the stand could be the people who let them know our plans and get help.

We will need
The backing of most hibs fans that attend each week, whether intersted in the group or not. For feedback and suggestions of what they would like to see or here!

Dont say
you are intersted but you arnt really bothered and will not locate to where we are. If you say you will join then make sure your certain.

Where
Not sure but i feel roughy where section 42 was.

Members List
Trying to get about 40-50ish people atleast but any over 20 should be a good starting point, Mention wheather you attend most home games, & how many away games you make, And where your located, & if you would be interested in going to away games via a group bus! If you would like to be a main spokes person then put beside your name. Thanks and please try and make this possible.

HG= HOME GAMES
AG =AWAY GAMES
BUS = BUShttp://www.hibeesbounce.com/images/smilies/giggle.gif
A- ALL
S- SOME
M-MOST
N- NONE
W- WOULD ATTEND VIA BUS (if happened)
PUT + 1,2,3,4 ECT IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING WiTH OTHERS!

1. Thomson08 EDINBURGH : GROUP BUS YES : HG ST Holder AG: S

Thomson08 - Did you attend last night?