PDA

View Full Version : David Tua fight on LIVE - 10/15 minutes

Steve-O
31-03-2010, 09:48 AM
http://www.**********/jeffreybert#r=MobK7zY~

If he wins this...and maybe 1-2 more fights, he will challenge for a world title :agree:

Watch out David Haye...Tua destroyed John Ruiz in about 12 seconds back in 1996 so be interesting to see what happens with Haye at the weekend.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Do you mean 2006? I'm not being Steve but if he's been a pro since at least 1996 and still needs another couple of fights before getting a world title shot he's not going to make it!

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 10:29 AM
a KO is coming me thinks!!

Steve-O
31-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Do you mean 2006? I'm not being Steve but if he's been a pro since at least 1996 and still needs another couple of fights before getting a world title shot he's not going to make it!

You're not being Steve? :greengrin

Tsk, Tua is on the comeback trail, not the up and up! He went 12 rounds with Lennox Lewis in 2000, lost on points though.

Also has the 2nd best heavyweight KO record after Tyson...so I think he already 'made it' :greengrin:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2010, 10:49 AM

Tsk, Tua is on the comeback trail, not the up and up! He went 12 rounds with Lennox Lewis in 2000, lost on points though.

Also has the 2nd best heavyweight KO record after Tyson...so I think he already 'made it' :greengrin:wink:

"funny" should've been inserted. :greengrin

He's been fighting pro for 15 years and never been a world champ? I'll stick with never made it. :greengrin

Steve-O
31-03-2010, 11:00 AM

He's been fighting pro for 15 years and never been a world champ? I'll stick with never made it. :greengrin

Been on hiatus due to management/financial issues since pretty much after that Lewis fight until last year.

Has beaten John Ruiz (R1 KO), Michael Moorer (R1 KO), and Hasim Rahman in his time, so no mug.

Not a bad record -

Professional boxing record
Total 54
Wins 50
By knockout 43
Losses 3
By knockout 0
Draws 1

Amateur boxing record
Total 89
Wins 84
By knockout 72
Losses 5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Tua

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 11:01 AM
THAT WAS CRAP!!

if i wasnt bored at work id never have watched it all!! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
31-03-2010, 11:04 AM
I've been following Tuas' comeback fairly closely but on that evidence he's nowhere near a world title shot, which probably means he will get one.

Although it doesn't help he was fighting a long distance runner as opposed to a boxer he looked shot shy as though he couldn't pull the trigger. He was also looking in far better shape the last couple of times i watched him but it looks like he's back on the James Toney diet at the moment, looked really fleshy and soft.

Always like Tua but i think his chances of really challenging are gone.

Steve-O
31-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Make that 51 wins now.

No KO but a solid performance where he wasn't hurt at all against an opponent that was quite awkward and has also never been down in his career.

Tua's next fight should be pretty soon :agree:

Steve-O
31-03-2010, 11:09 AM
I've been following Tuas' comeback fairly closely but on that evidence he's nowhere near a world title shot, which probably means he will get one.

Although it doesn't help he was fighting a long distance runner as opposed to a boxer he looked shot shy as though he couldn't pull the trigger. He was also looking in far better shape the last couple of times i watched him but it looks like he's back on the James Toney diet at the moment, looked really fleshy and soft.

He's in the best shape he's been in for years!

Hopefully in his next fight he'll blast the guy out. If nothing else, he's proven he can go 12 rounds without much issue, which was a problem for him when he was at his peak.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

THAT WAS CRAP!!

if i wasnt bored at work id never have watched it all!! :greengrin

Wasn't great, but that sometimes happens in boxing.

The Manny Pacquiao fight the other week was total pish too, but what can you do?

Pretty Boy
31-03-2010, 01:24 PM
As an aside did anyone see the cowardly behaviour of Arthur Abraham in the lastest super six fight on Saturday?

Andre Dirrell is well ahead on the cards in the 11th round, slips and ends up on his knees on the canvas. Abraham took this as an opportunity to throw a huge punch at Dirrell whilst he had no defensive guard up and was on his knees. Knocked him out cold and Abraham was correctly disqualified. Despicable behavious as Abraham is a huge puncher and that type of KO can do serious damage. He even had the audacity to complain about it at the time and in the post fight press conference.

Hank Schrader
31-03-2010, 01:48 PM

Tua was exposed badly by Lennox Lewis when he fought him. I have no doubt he has improved since but I really can't see him causing either of the Klitschkos or David Haye many problems.

Like you I have a soft spot for Tua, my brother bought a VHS of his best knockouts around about 1999/2000 and he looked a real prospect. But he wasn't really knocking out any decent fighters and when he came up against Lewis, in his excellent prime, he looked well out of his depth.

Steve-O
01-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Tua was exposed badly by Lennox Lewis when he fought him. I have no doubt he has improved since but I really can't see him causing either of the Klitschkos or David Haye many problems.

Like you I have a soft spot for Tua, my brother bought a VHS of his best knockouts around about 1999/2000 and he looked a real prospect. But he wasn't really knocking out any decent fighters and when he came up against Lewis, in his excellent prime, he looked well out of his depth.

Well, he's never lost to Rahman, like Lewis did. Knocked out Ruiz, Rahman, and Moorer as I said too. Pretty decent fighters I reckon. Lost his way a bit for one reason or another but seems to be in decent shape now. A bit disappointing last night but it's hard when you're up against someone who is not trying to win the fight and is intent on keeping their distance for the entire time.

I've actually never seen a full Haye fight, so I can't say what he's like. Hoping to see the fight on Saturday/Sunday one way or another.

Marabou Stork
01-04-2010, 02:52 PM
As an aside did anyone see the cowardly behaviour of Arthur Abraham in the lastest super six fight on Saturday?

Andre Dirrell is well ahead on the cards in the 11th round, slips and ends up on his knees on the canvas. Abraham took this as an opportunity to throw a huge punch at Dirrell whilst he had no defensive guard up and was on his knees. Knocked him out cold and Abraham was correctly disqualified. Despicable behavious as Abraham is a huge puncher and that type of KO can do serious damage. He even had the audacity to complain about it at the time and in the post fight press conference.

Really?

I thought that while the disqualification was fairly obviously the correct decision, Dirrell did himself no favours by playacting. There was a clear delay between the shot and Dirrell hitting the canvas.

I'd love to see a rematch though, preferably where Arthur actually manages to box intelligently for the first few rounds.

Houchy
02-04-2010, 12:55 PM

I think he's calling you an Ar$e Steve-O as in Steve-O="an Ar$e", ergo, "I'm not being Steve-O" = "I'm not being an Ar$e"

It's what all the kids are calling it these days:greengrin:casper:

Pretty Boy
02-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Really?

I thought that while the disqualification was fairly obviously the correct decision, Dirrell did himself no favours by playacting. There was a clear delay between the shot and Dirrell hitting the canvas.

I'd love to see a rematch though, preferably where Arthur actually manages to box intelligently for the first few rounds.

He was knocked out, you could clearly see there was nothing behind the eyes and the uncontrolled twitching didn't look pretty. He was on the ground for a long, long time but the medics usually insist on that after a period of unconciousness.

Steve-O
03-04-2010, 06:53 AM
I think he's calling you an Ar$e Steve-O as in Steve-O="an Ar$e", ergo, "I'm not being Steve-O" = "I'm not being an Ar$e"

It's what all the kids are calling it these days:greengrin:casper:

Ergo, **** off! :greengrin

Houchy
03-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Ergo, **** off! :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Steve-O
11-04-2010, 04:11 AM

http://www.3news.co.nz/3Sport/Story/tabid/415/articleID/150284/Default.aspx :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
11-04-2010, 06:08 PM
http://www.3news.co.nz/3Sport/Story/tabid/415/articleID/150284/Default.aspx :wink:

If he gets the fight he'll need to win it to prove me wrong. :wink:

Steve-O
18-04-2010, 06:41 AM
If he gets the fight he'll need to win it to prove me wrong. :wink:

I can't wait :greengrin

I think he'd find it tricky against either of the brothers, just depends if he can get a chance to land a huge punch. Definitely has the power.