PDA

View Full Version : Yams It's a far cry from

iwasthere1972
30-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Winning the Champions League in 3 years (or was it 5?)

Splitting the Old Firm.

To

We win our last 2 We're sixth!

:faf: :faf:

matty_f
30-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Winning the Champions League in 3 years (or was it 5?)

Splitting the Old Firm.

To

We win our last 2 We're sixth!

Hilarious:

The thing is, if they had a better - almost bigger team - mentality, they'd probably already have secured a top 6 place.

Instead, they've based their season on beating us once, only raising their game for the derbies.

I hope St Johnstone do it, personally.

Capt Mainwaring
30-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Squeaky bum time for the noisy neighbours with two games each before the split.

Hearts - away to St Mirren, home to Kilmarnock
St Johnstone - away to Dundee Utd , home to Aberdeen

Hibbyradge
30-03-2010, 09:13 PM
The thing is, if they had a better - almost bigger team - mentality, they'd probably already have secured a top 6 place.

Instead, they've based their season on beating us once, only raising their game for the derbies.

I doubt it, but they'll de right fired up for their game against the Arabs, so that might help us.

They play Dundee United in Perth on Monday 5th then Aberdeen away on the 11th.

Hearts are away to St Mirren on Saturday then home to Killie on the 10th.

Who said the split was rubbish?

Hibbyradge
30-03-2010, 09:14 PM

St Johnstone - away to Dundee Utd , home to Aberdeen

It's the other way round, I think.

noseyhibby
30-03-2010, 09:16 PM
T

:agree::agree::agree:

iwasthere1972
30-03-2010, 09:22 PM

St Johnstone - home to Dundee Utd , away to Aberdeen

That looks better. :agree:

Sir David Gray
30-03-2010, 09:29 PM
It's the other way round, I think.

It is.

St Johnstone are at home to Dundee Utd on Easter Monday and then they go to Pittodrie the week after.

On paper, Hearts certainly have an easier couple of games but St Mirren and Kilmarnock are both fighting for their lives and need all the points they can get to stay ahead of Falkirk.

Here's hoping that St Johnstone can do it. :pray:

It must only be big teams that potentially finish in the bottom six twice in three seasons.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Would we really relish another visit to Perth, rather than the chance to exact revenge for the last Derby?

Hibbyradge
30-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Would we really relish another visit to Perth, rather than the chance to exact revenge for the last Derby?

Wouldn't we play St J's at Easter Road too?

Sir David Gray
30-03-2010, 09:45 PM

Yes.

I would much rather get beaten by St Johnstone than lose to them again.

If you could guarantee a win against either of them, I would obviously rather beat Hearts as there is no better feeling than winning a derby but I would fancy my chances more against St Johnstone as Hearts just seem to have a hold over us.

jgl07
30-03-2010, 09:46 PM
No if St Johnstone make it Hibs would probably be away to them plus Celtic United and at home to Motherwell and Rangers.

Big Frank
30-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Yes.

If you could guarantee a win against either of them, I would obviously rather beat Hearts as there is no better feeling than winning a derby but I would fancy my chances more against St Johnstone as Hearts just seem to have a hold over us.

Strange one that. Their recent win against us was the first time in the league in 6.

Mon St Johnstone:greengrin

Sir David Gray
30-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Strange one that. Their recent win against us was the first time in the league in 6.

Mon St Johnstone:greengrin

We've only beaten them 11 times in the SPL (over 11 seasons), which obviously means that we only beat them, on average, once every season. I'm sure I don't need to go into our overall derby record. :boo hoo:

ScottB
31-03-2010, 12:10 AM
We've only beaten them 11 times in the SPL (over 11 seasons), which obviously means that we only beat them, on average, once every season. I'm sure I don't need to go into our overall derby record. :boo hoo:

Yes, but their recent win was their first in the league since Jan '08, where as St Johnstone have thumped us 3 times this season.

I hope St Johnstone make it in a way, but I'd be more confident of beating a misfiring Yam side than a St Johnstone one that knows exactly how to beat us.

monktonharp
31-03-2010, 12:50 AM
It is.

St Johnstone are at home to Dundee Utd on Easter Monday and then they go to Pittodrie the week after.

On paper, Hearts certainly have an easier couple of games but St Mirren and Kilmarnock are both fighting for their lives and need all the points they can get to stay ahead of Falkirk.

Here's hoping that St Johnstone can do it. :pray:

It must only be big teams that potentially finish in the bottom six twice in three seasons.if the Saints played all their games midweek they'd be potential champions,judging by their last couple of games outwith the weekend:duck:

Nakedmanoncrack
31-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Yes.

Absolute cowardice, we are 10 points clear of Hearts yet you are still terrified of playing a home game against them.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2010, 07:07 AM

Who knows - it's the beauty of the split... Who said it was rubbish - you've no idea who you're going to play and where and you might even play a rival away from home 3 times. It's brilliant!

Yes.

It's not a hold - as Matthew says it's a mindset. They get themselves pumped up for the derby and for some reason we don't. They have special team talks prior to the match that they don't have any other week.

The derby is there be all and end all - even more so this season.

Yes, but their recent win was their first in the league since Jan '08, where as St Johnstone have thumped us 3 times this season.

Have they?

We beat them 3-0 and they scraped a 1-1 with a late penalty in the 2 games at ER. As for the game up there I can't see it happening again but we saw last night that they are capable in a one-off "big" game.

Hibbyradge
31-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Who knows - it's the beauty of the split... Who said it was rubbish - you've no idea who you're going to play and where and you might even play a rival away from home 3 times. It's brilliant!

The split is necessary to male the league work. Folk do critisise it, but it does add interest to the season.

Hearts' and St Johnstone's seasons would pretty much be finished if it wasn't for the top 6 issue.

It's not a hold - as Matthew says it's a mindset. They get themselves pumped up for the derby and for some reason we don't. They have special team talks prior to the match that they don't have any other week.

The derby is there be all and end all - even more so this season.

Zackly.

Jeffries has always known the importance of beating Hibs at every level.

He instills the same mindset into the youngest hearts teams.

I hope Yogi takes a leaf out of his book (although I think Yogi is scared of Jeffries/has too much respect for his old boss delete as approp.)

Have they?

We beat them 3-0 and they scraped a 1-1 with a late penalty in the 2 games at ER. As for the game up there I can't see it happening again but we saw last night that they are capable in a one-off "big" game.

They also beat us 3 -1 in the CIS at ER.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2010, 07:57 AM
The split is necessary to male the league work. Folk do critisise it, but it does add interest to the season.

Hearts' and St Johnstone's seasons would pretty much be finished if it wasn't for the top 6 issue.

They also beat us 3 -1 in the CIS at ER.

So taking into account that midweek bounce game :wink: that’s makes it twice they’ve beaten us! Big wows.

BTW Hearts and St Johnstone's seasons are still over - all the top 6 does is give them a couple of big games to play for pride.

Hibbyradge
31-03-2010, 08:04 AM
So taking into account that midweek bounce game :wink: that’s makes it twice they’ve beaten us! Big wows.

BTW Hearts and St Johnstone's seasons are still over - all the top 6 does is give them a couple of big games to play for pride.

Calm down, calm down. I want St J to get the top 6 too. I was just pointing out that you were both wrong! :thumbsup:

Not yet though. The Yams are all kacking themselves about finishing in the bottom 6 and the farmers are all excited.

You watch, if results go St johnstone's way, there will be pictures of their players celebrating like they've won the league.

That's the wonder of the split.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Calm down, calm down. I want St J to get the top 6 too. I was just pointing out that you were both wrong! :thumbsup:

I wasn't wrong - I just dismissed the League Cup result. The other boy just made something up. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
31-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I wasn't wrong - I just dismissed the League Cup result. The other boy just made something up. :greengrin

Where's that hit a nerve smiley when you've just invented it? :greengrin

brog
31-03-2010, 08:55 AM
If I remember correctly Yams have distinction of being 1st SPL team to lose at Love St!! They won't enjoy going there! Come on both Saints!! :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
31-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Just thought I would add that the Yams are pash. :devil:

EH6 Hibby
31-03-2010, 04:14 PM
I'd imagine there will be a few players not getting paid if the Yams don't make the top 6. They won't get big attendances in the bottom 6.