PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama injures cruciate, out for rest of the season

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Anybody know how badly injured he is ? or was it just too cold for him:greengrin

hibee_girl
27-03-2010, 07:26 PM
I got a text from the teletext service earlier saying that Yogi has revealed Zemmama is to have a scan on his knee after getting injured today

Jonnyboy
27-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Twelve measly minutes and only a handful of touches :grr:

Still, I hope he recovers quickly as on his game he can open up defences

Toaods
27-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Twelve measly minutes and only a handful of touches :grr:

Still, I hope he recovers quickly as on his game he can open up defences

any dubiety over the injury in the fans opinion JC?

Jonnyboy
27-03-2010, 07:44 PM

It was at the other end of the park D so it's hard to say but I did notice that as he was being treated big Nishy came over, took one look and immediately signalled to the bench for a sub to be made. Took Hibs a while to get Spoony on mind

Toaods
27-03-2010, 07:50 PM
It was at the other end of the park D so it's hard to say but I did notice that as he was being treated big Nishy came over, took one look and immediately signalled to the bench for a sub to be made. Took Hibs a while to get Spoony on mind

was in town today and following the game via here and BBC on my mobile but got the impression a few thought it was feigned. Any idea if it was his right leg (the one he strained at ER when he tried a crossfield pass with the outside of the boot)?

Jonnyboy
27-03-2010, 07:53 PM
was in town toay and following the game va here and BBC on my mobile but got the impression a few thought it was feigned. Any idea if it was his right leg (the one he strained at ER when he tried a crossfield pass with the outside of the boot)?

Dunno to be honest but I know it's his knee and I know Hibs are sending him for a scan

greenlex
27-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I got the impression the physio thought it wasnt too bad. There was no signal from him for a substitution and when they were standing jjst off the park after treatment the physio was shrugging his shoulders as if to say I dont know.
I think this caused they delay in the substitution. IE the physio reckoning there was little wrong and Zouma over ruling him. May be completely wrong but that was my take on it at the time and led me to posting on the match thread that I reckon he has played his last game for Hibs.

Jonnyboy
27-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I got the impression the physio thought it wasnt too bad. There was no signal from him for a substitution and when they were standing jjst off the park after treatment the physio was shrugging his shoulders as if to say I dont know.
I think this caused they delay in the substitution. IE the physio reckoning there was little wrong and Zouma over ruling him. May be completely wrong but that was my take on it at the time and led me to posting on the match thread that I reckon he has played his last game for Hibs.

You may well be right A

Toaods
27-03-2010, 08:04 PM
You may well be right A

..not that I can ever work out what Yogi screams but do recall others posting he stated Zemmama 'had chucked it' earlier in the season at ER in a similar situation. This made came back to mind when I heard Yogi being interviewed on Radio Scotland before the Hearts game when he said of Zemmama's chances of being fit.... "he's a very conciencious in that respect" which I took to infer he is a bit of a Larry Kingston these days.

WindyMiller
27-03-2010, 08:06 PM

My impression as well.

Bayern Bru
27-03-2010, 08:09 PM
I wonder if Zemmama is almost...paranoid about the possibility of getting injured. He seems to spend most of his time either injured, or shirking hefty tackles to avoid getting injured.
I'm not calling him a fraud, just wondering if it's the repercussions of a nasty injury from when he was younger?

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Clocks go forward tonight so I expect him to appear a bit more regularly. If the season ran from April-November he'd be POTY every year. Problem is as soon as the clocks go back he disappears.

hibsbollah
27-03-2010, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=Toaods;2406643.... "he's a very conciencious in that respect" which I took to infer he is a bit of a Larry Kingston these days.[/QUOTE]

Thats quite an inference to make:confused:

Conscientious; adj painstaking or careful, hardworking.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Thats quite an inference to make:confused:

Conscientious; adj painstaking or careful, hardworking.

Careful's probably the word that fits best then...

joey1875
27-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Hope he recovers for United we need him. but with our luck he will be out for ages/
:notworthy:

hibsbollah
27-03-2010, 08:19 PM
He was sensational when we played Dundee Utd earlier in the season, possibly the best 45 minutes ive seen at ER since Latapys 2nd half in the 6-2. I was looking forward to him repeating it on Wednesday:boo hoo:

silverhibee
27-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Seen him on crutches after the game.

Alfred E Newman
27-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Could is his amount of injuries be down to lack of commitment? :dunno:

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 09:24 PM

I was hoping he would play on wednesday. no chance of that then.

hibsbollah
27-03-2010, 10:09 PM

perhaps Kevin McCann is the same. Or maybe they're both just....injured?:dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2010, 10:20 PM

Oops. I apologise for doubting him.

An Leargaidh
27-03-2010, 10:26 PM
I wonder if Zemmama is almost...paranoid about the possibility of getting injured. He seems to spend most of his time either injured, or shirking hefty tackles to avoid getting injured.
I'm not calling him a fraud, just wondering if it's the repercussions of a nasty injury from when he was younger?

I've a big bag of bubble wrap up in the loft if the wee Moroccan wants to wrap up in it before the next game? :greengrin

khib70
27-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Absolute garbage.

The physio clearly signalled that he couldn't continue. Why would anyone assume that he was faking it? If he was a white boy from Pilton, would we be having this discussion?:bye:

Ed De Gramo
27-03-2010, 10:35 PM
injury prone :boo hoo:

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Absolute garbage.

The physio clearly signalled that he couldn't continue. Why would anyone assume that he was faking it? If he was a white boy from Pilton, would we be having this discussion?:bye:

If we had a white boy from Pilton that missed more games than he played I'd imagine we would be having this discussion.

ArabHibee
27-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Absolute garbage.

What colour is he like? :confused:

khib70
27-03-2010, 10:42 PM
If we had a white boy from Pilton that missed more games than he played I'd imagine we would be having this discussion.
But because he isn't a white boy from Pilton, we automatically assume he fakes injury:cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2010, 10:43 PM
But because he isn't a white boy from Pilton, we automatically assume he fakes injury:cool2:

We could only tell if that was the case if we had a white boy from Pilton that missed a lot of games.

cabbageandribs1875
27-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Absolute garbage.

wtf has his skin colour got to do with this ?

khib70
27-03-2010, 10:56 PM
wtf has his skin colour got to do with this ?
Loads. Said it before but I'll repeat it for your benefit. Why are Hibs suppporters accusing one of our best players of faking injury? Why have we had several posts "jokingly" suggesting that Zemamma/Benji ( but not Riordan or Rankin) can "only play when it's sunny" or stupid words to that effect?
Guy was injured, ended up on crutches, is being sent for a scan, But hey, he's faking it. People were gobbing off on here before they had even a sniff of the facts. Why? That's what his skin colour has to do with it

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Loads. Said it before but I'll repeat it for your benefit. Why are Hibs suppporters accusing one of our best players of faking injury? Why have we had several posts "jokingly" suggesting that Zemamma/Benji ( but not Riordan or Rankin) can "only play when it's sunny" or stupid words to that effect?
Guy was injured, ended up on crutches, is being sent for a scan, But hey, he's faking it. People were gobbing off on here before they had even a sniff of the facts. Why? That's what his skin colour has to do with it

How many games have Rankin or Riordan missed through injury?

khib70
27-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Sorry, but you've completely missed the point here.

silverhibee
27-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Absolute garbage.

But wee dont have a white boy from Pilton.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Sorry, but you've completely missed the point here.

Have I? You're saying that we're not complaining about a "white boy from Pilton" missing games. That might be down to him not missing many games?

You'd be better off finding a good example before you cry racist.

silverhibee
27-03-2010, 11:16 PM

Since Derek started his career in the Hibs first team through to him back being at Hibs he has probaly only missed about 10 games in his career due to injuries, he has played in every game this season except one against Motherwell, a good wee record which i hope will continue, as for Zouma he did look like he was in some pain trying to get on to the bus. :boo hoo:

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Since Derek started his career in the Hibs first team through to him back being at Hibs he has probaly only missed about 10 games in his career due to injuries, he has played in every game this season except one against Motherwell, a good wee record which i hope will continue, as for Zouma he did look like he was in some pain trying to get on to the bus. :boo hoo:

I accept that he was in pain and I apologised for assuming he was at it. What I resent is being called a racist for assuming it.

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I accept that he was in pain and I apologised for assuming he was at it. What I re-sent is being called a racist for assuming it.

I must be the same because I jokingly said did he go off due to the cold. by the way if Riordan had gone off in the same circumstances i would have joked about the same thing.

it is a joke to try to play the racism card over this as it appears is being done. over the years plenty comments along the same lines have been made about "white" players, so where does that leave the arguement.

davym7062
28-03-2010, 12:49 AM
injury prone :boo hoo:

or just unlucky this season. zouma is quality and we dont have too much of that imo

Beefster
28-03-2010, 07:24 AM

Might just be down to getting injured a lot.

Are McBride and McCann uncommitted too?

Golden Bear
28-03-2010, 08:19 AM
A newspaper quote from Hughes on Zooma's injury:-

"I feel really, really sorry for him," said Hughes. "He has only started 15 games for us, and finished five, and he could be a big player in the run-in. Thankfully, I don't think the injury is a major one"

I'm not sure if he said that before or after the wee man was seen on crutches by Silver Hibee!

Alfred E Newman
28-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Might just be down to getting injured a lot.

Are McBride and McCann uncommitted too?

Possibly. Ian Murray seldom pulls out of a tackle. How many games does he miss through injury?

bighairyfaeleith
28-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Possibly. Ian Murray seldom pulls out of a tackle. How many games does he miss through injury?

true but the wee man is a target for most spl teams. Would Kris Boyd have elbowed Murray in the face way he did to zouma?

I don't think there is anything sinister here, just that a wee player who continually embarrasses opposing players with his skill is going to get kicked more than other players.

Also, suggesting he doesn't like the cold weather is not racist. I ****ing hate the winter and I'm whiter than an albino from pilton!!:devil:

(((Fergus)))
28-03-2010, 10:29 AM
We could only tell if that was the case if we had a white boy from Pilton that missed a lot of games.

Where's Kevin McCann from? He's quite pasty.

Andy74
28-03-2010, 10:38 AM
It's embarrasing the amount of things the moroccans are accused of. Shameful in fact and I hope they can both leave and get on with it elsewhere.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2010, 10:40 AM
It's embarrasing the amount of things the moroccans are accused of. Shameful in fact and I hope they can both leave and get on with it elsewhere.

Me too, although not for the same reasons. As much as they are good players, we have to get value for money, and imho we have got nowhere near that with these two players.:boo hoo:

Danderhall Hibs
28-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Where's Kevin McCann from? He's quite pasty.

The weege I think. His is a long-term injury that he can't seem to recover from, whereas Zemamma's are a constant stream of niggly injuries which we are usually told aren't that serious.

McBride's probably a decent comparison to make - I'd imagine some doubts might appear about him if he keeps going at the same rate for 2 or 3 seasons.

greenlex
28-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Absolute garbage.

There is nothing in my post to suggest I am being racist. Why are you implying that I am? I am suggesting he is not badly injured and perhaps he could have played on. The physio took an age to signal for a substitution and eventually helped Zemamma back to the dugout. Nish signalled early for a substitution. I wonder why that was? Was I because he was clearly injured and the physio missed it or Nish thought the body language was that of someone who didn't want to continue.

greenlex
28-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Like Khib 70 you are suggesting because I think Zemamma is at it based on what I actually saw yesterday I am a racist. Only You and Khib have even mentioned the fact he is moroccan on this thead. In fact only you and Khib 70 have even mentioned Benji on a thread that has nothing to do with him. Why are you doing that?

silverhibee
28-03-2010, 03:56 PM
The weege I think. His is a long-term injury that he can't seem to recover from, whereas Zemamma's are a constant stream of niggly injuries which we are usually told aren't that serious.

McBride's probably a decent comparison to make - I'd imagine some doubts might appear about him if he keeps going at the same rate for 2 or 3 seasons.

Dont think wee will see McBride for a few games, got a nasty one up at Dingwall.

Andy74
28-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Like Khib 70 you are suggesting because I think Zemamma is at it based on what I actually saw yesterday I am a racist. Only You and Khib have even mentioned the fact he is moroccan on this thead. In fact only you and Khib 70 have even mentioned Benji on a thread that has nothing to do with him. Why are you doing that?

That's a stupid post reallybtrying to turn this around on us! If youve read any of my posts on zemamma or benji I have pointed put time and again my annoyance that they are classed together and without any basis it is often said that they are lazy, not commited, feign injury and are basically lists and disruptive.

For this reason I believe it is at best racial stereotyping.

The only reason I mention benji on this thread is that this is typical of the sort of thing they both have to put up with from their own fans and generally as a pair.

greenlex
28-03-2010, 04:34 PM
That's a stupid post reallybtrying to turn this around on us! If youve read any of my posts on zemamma or benji I have pointed put time and again my annoyance that they are classed together and without any basis it is often said that they are lazy, not commited, feign injury and are basically lists and disruptive.

For this reason I believe it is at best racial stereotyping.

The only reason I mention benji on this thread is that this is typical of the sort of thing they both have to put up with from their own fans and generally as a pair.
Why is it a stupid post? You two brought benji into a thread about Zemamma's injury. If anyone is stereotyping anyone its the other way around. Because I have my doubts about Zemamma's injury and/or his commitment based on what I saw yesterday I am automatically racist. That Andy is what you and Khib are suggesting or have I got that wrong? I object to that so is that wrong or stupid in your opinion?

bighairyfaeleith
28-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Why is it a stupid post? You two brought benji into a thread about Zemamma's injury. If anyone is stereotyping anyone its the other way around. Because I have my doubts about Zemamma's injury and/or his commitment based on what I saw yesterday I am automatically racist. That Andy is what you and Khib are suggesting or have I got that wrong? I object to that so is that wrong or stupid in your opinion?

There is absolutely nothing racist in your posts mate, and these two should be apologising, they won't because that would mean admitting they are wrong.

Toaods
28-03-2010, 04:54 PM
The physio took an age to signal for a substitution and eventually helped Zemamma back to the dugout. Nish signalled early for a substitution. I wonder why that was? Was I because he was clearly injured and the physio missed it or Nish thought the body language was that of someone who didn't want to continue.

BBC text updates made reference to the fact the physio took an age to make a change, this is at least three times now this season that has happened and IIRC happened at Ibrox too in the past. Surely the club can invest a small sum to ensure someone in the general dugout area is linked directly to the physio to avoid such uncertainty.

as far as I'm aware Zemmama was without doubt injured leading up too the game, so if he was either crocked or at it, he should have been hooked without delay and the appropriate action taken.

Jim44
28-03-2010, 07:11 PM
A newspaper quote from Hughes on Zooma's injury:-

"I feel really, really sorry for him," said Hughes. "He has only started 15 games for us, and finished five, and he could be a big player in the run-in. Thankfully, I don't think the injury is a major one"

I'm not sure if he said that before or after the wee man was seen on crutches by Silver Hibee!

I don't think the fact he was on crutches has to necessarily indicate a sign of serious or prolonged injury. It could be just an obvious and effective way of temporarily relieving him from the pain of putting weight on his leg. That could very well be away in a day or two. :dunno:

bighairyfaeleith
29-03-2010, 06:56 AM
I don't think the fact he was on crutches has to necessarily indicate a sign of serious or prolonged injury. It could be just an obvious and effective way of temporarily relieving him from the pain of putting weight on his leg. That could very well be away in a day or two. :dunno:

must have been small crutches though, zouma is tiny. Do you think they had to cut them in half?

hibsbollah
29-03-2010, 07:00 AM
I can exclusively reveal Zemmama has size 5 feet. Same size as my wife. But she's less skilful with them, and less prone to injury.

bighairyfaeleith
29-03-2010, 07:03 AM
I can exclusively reveal Zemmama has size 5 feet. Same size as my wife. But she's less skilful with them, and less prone to injury.

I'm quite impressed you know zoumas foot size, knowing your wives foot size, now thats just creepy :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
29-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Do you think its his last game for us?

Andy74
29-03-2010, 12:23 PM
There is absolutely nothing racist in your posts mate, and these two should be apologising, they won't because that would mean admitting they are wrong.

There wasn't anything overtly racist, no.

However, this thread is just one of many and its a pattern. On this occassion Benji wasn't mentioned together with him but quite often the two are lumped together and accused of being uncommited, of lying, of feigning injury, of being disruptive etc etc.

I haven't seen anyhting to suggest the two work as a pair where this sort of stuff is concerned or that they have ever shpwed any of the stuff they are accused of.

That leads me to believe, with the fact that the two are lumped in together, that people are basing this on them due to some racial sterotyping. Not certain this is racism as such but there is something leading people to have these opinions and I haven't seen them justified by any actions from the two of them?

I mean, the guy was able to suggest he was at it from what he seen only at the time? Give me a break. Some see what they want to see.

khib70
29-03-2010, 12:26 PM

However, this thread is just one of many and its a pattern. On this occassion Benji wasn't mentioned together with him but quite often the two are lumped together and accused of being uncommited, of lying, of feigning injury, of being disruptive etc etc.

I haven't seen anyhting to suggest the two work as a pair where this sort of stuff is concerned or that they have ever shpwed any of the stuff they are accused of.

That leads me to believe, with the fact that the two are lumped in together, that people are basing this on them due to some racial sterotyping. Not certain this is racism as such but there is something leading people to have these opinions and I haven't seen them justified by any actions from the two of them?

I mean, the guy was able to suggest he was at it from what he seen only at the time? Give me a break. Some see what they want to see.
:agree:Nothing to add to that. Spot on.

God Petrie
29-03-2010, 12:38 PM
This xenophobic nonsense is why players like Zemmama seldom thrive in Scotland.

--------
29-03-2010, 12:43 PM
There is nothing in my post to suggest I am being racist. Why are you implying that I am? I am suggesting he is not badly injured and perhaps he could have played on. The physio took an age to signal for a substitution and eventually helped Zemamma back to the dugout. Nish signalled early for a substitution. I wonder why that was? Was I because he was clearly injured and the physio missed it or Nish thought the body language was that of someone who didn't want to continue.

Or maybe the physio said, "Colin, signal to Yogi we'll need a substitute, will you?"

Then Yogi didn't pick up CN's signal, so the physio had to signal again?

IMO some of our guys need to cultivate a more robust approach to the game. Players get injured when they don't fully commit to challenges. The way the game's played nowadays doesn't encourage players to learn to tackle strongly, legally.

I blame the Yanks and the women, myself. :grr:

millarco
29-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Thought the delay was because Yogi was in the stand, so it took a while to confirm who he wanted to come on.

Liberal Hibby
29-03-2010, 01:07 PM

Like this?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2408345&postcount=5

Danderhall Hibs
29-03-2010, 01:12 PM

Who brought Benji into this discussion? I thought it was you - are you guilty of racial stereotyping?

bighairyfaeleith
29-03-2010, 01:18 PM

I disagree, there are many threads where i have written about nish not being able to jump or even stand. What does that mean?

It is a characteristic of zouma that he gets injured a lot and people speculate as to why that is, nothing even close to being racist there.

Benji can be and often is a lazy so and so who often can't really be bothered. Thats not racist it's fact. (the reasons behind why this is are speculation ofcourse)

Now if you think that zoumas injuries are faked because he can't be bothered then why shouldn't you lump him together with benji?

I don't agree that zouma does fake injuries and he is one of my favourite players, however none of the above is racist. People nowadays are far too quick to say that any criticism of a foreigner is racist and it gets ma ****ing goat :grr:

bighairyfaeleith
29-03-2010, 01:22 PM
This xenophobic nonsense is why players like Zemmama seldom thrive in Scotland.

No it's not, that post is complete bollocks IMO.

First of all zemmama has thrived in scotland, unfortunately he has also had a lot of injuries. Now those injuries have not been caused by someone being racist have they?

No, they have been caused by a combination of factors including other players targeting the wee guy, scottish pitches not suiting his style of play and a bit of mis fortune.

Zemmama is very fondly regarded amongst all the hibs fans I know so comments which suggest, just because we dare to query his injury, we are racist for it is frankly shocking:grr:

greenlex
29-03-2010, 02:36 PM

All of the above is YOU and no one else on this thread lumping them together.Go to another thread where this has happened and bleat about it on there instead of implying I am stereotyping them racially or otherwise.

I mean, the guy was able to suggest he was at it from what he seen only at the time? Give me a break. Some see what they want to see. This paragraph says it all really.

:agree:Nothing to add to that. Spot on. Do you come as a pair or have you nothing to say?

You two are winding me up no end and I bet you are both loving it. I am not racist and your continued suggestions that I am are really so way off the mark and quite distasteful. I repeat I have not once said anything racist or implied anything of the sort. It is you two who are fueling this bollocks so much so that other posters who are either as bad as you or just skim reading the thread and getting the wrong end of the stick here.
I know what I saw and either the physio doesnt know what he's about or there is a good chance Zemamma's at it.

That is all I intend to say on the matter.

Spender
30-03-2010, 07:30 PM
heard he is out for up to five months??:grr:

Brooster
30-03-2010, 08:06 PM
He's out for 6 months mate.

Love the Green
30-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Get shot of him he has contributed nothing over the last few seasons with his injuries and loans..used his wages to bring in someone who wants to play for us ..........

"keep the faith":wink:

Westie1875
30-03-2010, 08:12 PM

:boo hoo: Ligaments?

Brooster
30-03-2010, 08:17 PM
:boo hoo: Ligaments?

Yes.

CapitalHibs
30-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Get shot of him he has contributed nothing over the last few seasons with his injuries and loans..used his wages to bring in someone who wants to play for us ..........

"keep the faith":wink:

You're entitled to your opinion but I think this is a little unfair. Zemmama has come out in the press and stated how grateful he was to Hibs for letting him be with his wife and that he was determined to repay the club by hopefully getting back to form and generating a large transfer fee.

If Zemmama is guilty of anything, I would venture to say he is trying too hard to play with an ongoing injury.

basehibby
30-03-2010, 08:29 PM

:boo hoo: Get well soon wee man

Judas Iscariot
30-03-2010, 08:30 PM
He seems to get injured at the sane time every season :hmmm:

hibsbollah
30-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Broken metatarsal, torn hamstrings, torn knee ligaments. He's guilty of nothing more than terrible luck:boo hoo:

...i hope some folk can admit when they are wrong :cool2:
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=178912 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=178912)

bubblesmorrison
30-03-2010, 09:54 PM
how are people wrong he plays a full season back home with out getting injuired then comes back here and has spent most his time sitting in the stands hes a chocolate soldier a good player on his day but he need to be on the field to be a good player and we have seen very little of him this season.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2010, 10:05 PM
It is extremely frustrating.

Hibs have had practically nothing from him in the past couple of years due to his personal situation and now injuries.

He is a very exciting player on his day and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that his absence in the past couple of seasons has had a large contribution to our ineffective midfield.

I didn't see him staying beyond this season anyway but I think it might be better for both parties if we allow him to go elsewhere in the summer. It'll be difficult to replace him but I think we need to try and find someone who has a similar style of play but who is going to be a bit more reliable.

Jonnyboy
30-03-2010, 10:09 PM
how are people wrong he plays a full season back home with out getting injuired then comes back here and has spent most his time sitting in the stands hes a chocolate soldier a good player on his day but he need to be on the field to be a good player and we have seen very little of him this season.

Are you suggesting he gets injured deliberately?

Wotherspiniesta
30-03-2010, 10:12 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Zemmama comes from the United Arab Emirates.

Unfortunately the wee man is injury prone though.

scoopyboy
31-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Broken metatarsal, torn hamstrings, torn knee ligaments. He's guilty of nothing more than terrible luck:boo hoo:

...i hope some folk can admit when they are wrong :cool2:
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=178912 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=178912)

Cruciate ligament I was told.

Probably means we won't manage to sell him on which I understand was the plan.

FWIW I still stand by my posts where I stated he could have been playing before Saturday if he had wanted to, Hibs were happy to play him, he wasn't though.

EskbankHibby
31-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Has this injury been confirmed yet?

Can't find any 'official' confirmation.

Phil MaGlass
31-03-2010, 10:23 AM
What I have noticed recently is that players like Zouma are not hard tacklers and it is this type of player more often than not that (seems to me) to be getting more injuries.These guys should toughen up,especially in the Scottish League,I think it is time to let him go,the Scottish game is obviously too tough for him. He has talent theres no doubt but if youre going into 60-40 tackles and losing then you shouldnt be playing.

scoopyboy
31-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Has this injury been confirmed yet?

Can't find any 'official' confirmation.

Class my info as "official" if you want to. Its certainly correct.

bighairyfaeleith
31-03-2010, 10:54 AM

hope so :greengrin

I don't hope he's injured, just hope given that statement your info is right or you may look a bit stupid

Danny_Hibee
31-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Contender for most ridiculous post of 2010 so far, congratulations :thumbsup:

For starters Zemmama is Moroccan and secondly, surely you cant be suggesting Zemmama has went out and deliberately done his cruciates so he doesnt have to play? And as for calling him a "chocolate soldier" I'd like to see you play football with an injury like that.

IMO Zemmama is a very important player for us who, despite his flaws, deserves his place in the team most weeks.

hibsbollah
31-03-2010, 11:40 AM

For starters Zemmama is Moroccan and secondly, surely you cant be suggesting Zemmama has went out and deliberately done his cruciates so he doesnt have to play? And as for calling him a "chocolate soldier" I'd like to see you play football with an injury like that.

IMO Zemmama is a very important player for us who, despite his flaws, deserves his place in the team most weeks.

Cruciate gone? on crutches? a mere flesh wound, get on that pitch ya wee moroccan jessie:rolleyes:

Mon Dieu4
31-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Cruciate gone? on crutches? a mere flesh wound, get on that pitch ya wee moroccan jessie:rolleyes:

Make him watch Monty Python & the Holy Grail, the Black Knight will sort him out :faf:

scoopyboy
31-03-2010, 11:53 AM
hope so :greengrin

I don't hope he's injured, just hope given that statement your info is right or you may look a bit stupid

I would rather he wasn't injured and my statement was well wrong. Far better to potentially have our best player on the pitch than me being correct.

Unfortunately however my statement isn't wrong.

Wotherspiniesta
31-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Confirmed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8596975.stm

EskbankHibby
31-03-2010, 12:16 PM

Wasn't suggesting you were incorrect, was just looking for confirmation through club/bbc etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8596975.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8596975.stm)

HibbyAndy
31-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Awra best in your fight for full fitness wee man :agree: Just think we may have seen Zemamma play his last game for the Cabbage.

Beefster
31-03-2010, 12:27 PM
All the best to the wee man in his recovery.

I hope some Hibs fans are man enough to eat humble pie after questioning whether he was actually injured or not.

--------
31-03-2010, 12:58 PM

I hope some Hibs fans are man enough to eat humble pie after questioning whether he was actually injured or not.

:agree:

TornadoHibby
31-03-2010, 01:01 PM

Indeed! :agree:

A great pity that he wasn't able to entertain us more often than he did since he made a huge difference to our team performance when he was on top of his game! :wink:

Those that questioned whether he was injured or not will just move on to someone else to gripe about I suspect! :grr:

JimBHibees
31-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Cruciate ligament I was told.

Probably means we won't manage to sell him on which I understand was the plan.

FWIW I still stand by my posts where I stated he could have been playing before Saturday if he had wanted to, Hibs were happy to play him, he wasn't though.

Maybe the fact he now has a very serious injury might suggest he knew something was wrong but medical people werent able to diagnose it. Cruciate injuries arent always easy to find.

Phil MaGlass
31-03-2010, 01:46 PM

mibbe there is a good reason behind them questioning his injury/injuries?

scoopyboy
31-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Maybe the fact he now has a very serious injury might suggest he knew something was wrong but medical people werent able to diagnose it. Cruciate injuries arent always easy to find.

I think I am right in saying the cruciate only happened on Saturday Jim.

greenlex
31-03-2010, 01:55 PM
My sincere apologies to Zemamma. I know what I saw on Saturday and that is why I questioned his injury. This is obviously not what some
posters wanted to hear but there you go.

A speedy recovery wee man.

Phil MaGlass
31-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Oh aye , guid luck tae the wee man

JimBHibees
31-03-2010, 01:57 PM
I think I am right in saying the cruciate only happened on Saturday Jim. Maybe so however maybe it was already weakened and only went on Saturday which may explain some of his other noshows

scoopyboy
31-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Maybe so however maybe it was already weakened and only went on Saturday which may explain some of his other noshows

I couldn't argue that one.

matty_f
31-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Hope he recovers soon, he's been very unlucky with the injuries this season.

heidtheba
31-03-2010, 04:00 PM
My sincere apologies to Zemamma. I know what I saw on Saturday and that is why I questioned his injury. This is obviously not what some

:agree: I did the same, apologies are due to him. Hope he comes back next year fit and fighting.

noseyhibby
31-03-2010, 04:01 PM
It is extremely frustrating.

Hibs have had practically nothing from him in the past couple of years due to his personal situation and now injuries.

He is a very exciting player on his day and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that his absence in the past couple of seasons has had a large contribution to our ineffective midfield.

I didn't see him staying beyond this season anyway but I think it might be better for both parties if we allow him to go elsewhere in the summer. It'll be difficult to replace him but I think we need to try and find someone who has a similar style of play but who is going to be a bit more reliable.

Good post. I agree:agree:

noseyhibby
31-03-2010, 04:03 PM

Hear hear:agree:

Andy74
31-03-2010, 04:04 PM
You are right, I don't know that Benji and Zouma are in fact great trainers, so I don't talk about it.

Others don't know how they train either but somehow always suggest that the two of them are lazy, feign injury etc.

Edit: Post deleted that I replied to!

Malthibby
31-03-2010, 04:18 PM
absolutely pash news, hope to see him in the green & white again.
GG

col02
31-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Bad news for him and for Hibs as on his day he is imho the best player in this league. That said it would appear that with only next season on his contract to go it will be very unlikely that Hibs shall receive any transfer fee for him. If the wee man has any appreciation for Hibs when they let him go on a year long loan when his wife could not get a visa he could do worse than sign a one year extension on the understanding Hibs will look for a modest fee rather than his full market value.

sahib
31-03-2010, 05:51 PM
What I have noticed recently is that players like Zouma are not hard tacklers and it is this type of player more often than not that (seems to me) to be getting more injuries.These guys should toughen up,especially in the Scottish League,I think it is time to let him go,the Scottish game is obviously too tough for him. He has talent theres no doubt but if youre going into 60-40 tackles and losing then you shouldnt be playing.

Kevin McCann?

bubblesmorrison
31-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Are you suggesting he gets injured deliberately?

no thats not what am saying and sorry i should of just said last season but my main point is maybe the scottish game is to much for him players being to hard for him that was the point i was trying to get across

bubblesmorrison
31-03-2010, 06:00 PM

what about before had just seen on the new hes only complated 5 games for hibs this season he get hurt alot hence the choclate soldier remark, i do think he is a great player on his day but as i said he has to be on the park playing to have his day and over the last few seasons we have really not seen much of him have we?

jabis
31-03-2010, 07:48 PM

still to read the rest...but :top marks

jabis
31-03-2010, 08:12 PM
still to read the rest...but :top marks

read the rest........dear god,no offence Greenlex,but why would you want to jump in with a :blah: against a Hibs player.
Gobsmacked !