PDA

View Full Version : Chances of the match being called off? (Update: Match ON)

.Sean.
30-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Here in Haddington, it's not stopped raining all day, extremely windy aswell. The forecast for tomorrow isn't great either. If Edinburgh is anything like Haddy i'll be surprised if the match goes ahead.

HibeeDaz6270
30-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Game will be on. How often do you see our games being cancelled due to weather?

iwasthere1972
30-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Here in Haddington, it's not stopped raining all day, extremely windy aswell. The forecast for tomorrow isn't great either. If Edinburgh is anything like Haddy i'll be surprised if the match goes ahead.

Raining here all day as well. Like you forecast for tomorrow not good either.

Westie1875
30-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Hope not, just drove past ER and they've got the floodlights up already. :thumbsup:

Jamie
30-03-2010, 05:35 PM
the water level on the water o leith is very high :dizzy:

.Sean.
30-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Were you in the country at Christmas/New Year time? That'll be why recently there's been a huge backlog of fixtures to be played.

PaulSmith
Covers will be on the pitch and it will go ahead IMO.

The game itself could be a nightmare to watch and play in with the wind and rain, especially with no cover from the East.

brydekirk
the last two games i was at against st johnstone. the first one was late 90s, and you know what happened with the last one.

HibbyAndy
30-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Might be a nice cosy night in watching Arsenal v Barca :devil:

noseyhibby
30-03-2010, 05:38 PM
I predict the game will be on and the conditions will be attrocious. Hats, gloves, scarves, jumpers and waterproofs are the order of the day.

whiskyhibby
30-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Hope not, just drove past ER and they've got the floodlights up already. :thumbsup:

With this wind they are probably doon again..................:grr::grr:

Westie1875
30-03-2010, 05:44 PM
With this wind they are probably doon again..................:grr::grr:

They don't look very high, about level with where the roof of the East stand was.

down-the-slope
30-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Its now snowing here on top of the rivers of water flooding off the fields

PS ESK has burst its banks in musselburgh pretty badly and tyne is not far behind

HibeeDaz6270
30-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Were you in the country at Christmas/New Year time? That'll be why recently there's been a huge backlog of fixtures to be played.

Slight difference from rain and wind, to the weather then though. We had a terrible amount of snow, and the conditions today are nothing like conditions then. It will be a misuerable night, but there is no way this game will be off.

down-the-slope
30-03-2010, 05:59 PM
SW Scotland, Lothian & Borders:

Rain and sleet will quickly turn to snow this evening and become prolonged and very heavy at times and persist tonight. The snow will quickly drift in the strong to gale force North wind with blizzard conditions developing in many areas. Over upland areas severe blizzards will develop with severely reduced visibility at times. Snow accumulations will vary largely across the region, with typically 15cm, but upland inland areas outwith Edinburgh City, especially towards the Pentland and Lammermuir hills could catch 30 to 50cm with deep drifts. However coastal parts of East Lothian and especially around the coast to Berwick will catch notably less snow. Many roads are liable to become impassable and some interruptions to power supplies are possible.
The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Scotland for further advice on road conditions.

:worried:

Frazerbob
30-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Looks like I'm in for another hairy journey from Aberdeen! :grr:

Hibbyradge
30-03-2010, 06:16 PM

The game itself could be a nightmare to watch and play in with the wind and rain, especially with no cover from the East.

I predict the game will be on and the conditions will be attrocious. Hats, gloves, scarves, jumpers and waterproofs are the order of the day.

Yikes.

What a leveller.

We might even win.

Johnforr
30-03-2010, 06:19 PM
aye could b a fun journey from here in darkest aberdeenshire ...... Well laurencekirk anyway !!

Jack
30-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Stormy is the only way to describe the weather in Leith just now, its blummin horrible!

I'm_cabbaged
30-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Looks like I'm in for another hairy journey from Aberdeen! :grr:

aye could b a fun journey from here in darkest aberdeenshire ...... Well laurencekirk anyway !!

TBH lads, I wouldn't chance it going by the forecast. Apart from your own safety, it's a long trek to find out it's off. I doff my hat to your dedication though. :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
30-03-2010, 06:25 PM
If it was cancelled, I wonder when it would be replayed? Dundee Utd are playing next Monday against St Johnstone and the following midweek against Rangers. Throw in a potential Cup Replay against Raith and it could be another month or so!

cwilliamson85
30-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Heard on the radio that leith was flooding.

.Sean.
30-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Heard on the radio that leith was flooding.
My back garden is starting to flood, I can see the Tyne from my window, nearly burst it's banks and the water isn't running far beneath the bridge.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2010, 06:38 PM
If it was cancelled, I wonder when it would be replayed? Dundee Utd are playing next Monday against St Johnstone and the following midweek against Rangers. Throw in a potential Cup Replay against Raith and it could be another month or so!

I think semi finals are one-off games now - no replays.

down-the-slope
30-03-2010, 06:41 PM
My back garden is starting to flood, I can see the Tyne from my window, nearly burst it's banks and the water isn't running far beneath the bridge.

Tyne soon will -its over its banks further up stream and plenty more falling...we have a good covering of snow now.....

hibee_girl
30-03-2010, 06:44 PM

There are no covers on the pitch, haven't been all day.

Gatecrasher
30-03-2010, 06:47 PM
It's like out of the film day after tomorrow lol

col02
30-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Only way the game will be called off is if there is any potential problem for United travelling down assuming they are coming down tomorrow. That apart game will be on I reckon.

Diclonius
30-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Don't respond to the Yam any more, or he wins.

Moving on.. Been sleet pretty much all evening in Riccarton. Either it's dying down or getting too dark to be seen.

Sweep
30-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Met office have issued an emergency severe weather warning for east of Scotland with up to 40cm of snow on higher ground and gale force winds causing drifting.

PatHead
30-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Over an inch of snow here now. A68 got a good covering...........

Jonnyboy
30-03-2010, 07:44 PM

And that's just the players!

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Yikes.

What a leveller.

We might even win.

We very rarely get a result when its " farcical conditions". I would imagine it will be too cauld for some of our players.

I'm_cabbaged
30-03-2010, 07:54 PM
We very rarely get a result when its " farcical conditions". I would imagine it will be too cauld for some of our players.

Better watch yourself, that's bordering on a racist comment for some on here. :wink:

Jamesie
30-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Just have to hope that the temporary floodlights are built to be structurally safe in gale force winds :confused:

Bayern Bru
30-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Jesus wept.
Just looked out of the window, and the road is white with snow.
:eek:

Ritchie
30-03-2010, 08:19 PM
The esk down my way is totally flooded and my folks in Penicuik say it's a nightmare up there with the snow. Cars abandoned all over the main street

PaulSmith
30-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Just have to hope that the temporary floodlights are built to be structurally safe in gale force winds :confused:

Or provide enough light, two fair comments which might well force the hand of the ref or police

carnoustiehibee
30-03-2010, 08:24 PM
when will there be an inspection?

or how late will/could they leave it before its called off?

hibsbollah
30-03-2010, 08:24 PM

Benji should start. He has an excellent scoring record in bad weather:agree:

jws1875
30-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Covered in snow here my lights keep going on and off brilliant edinburgh weather :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Taz_hibee
30-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Snowing heavy here in Broxburn, if this continues overnight and into tomorrow don't think game will be on :boo hoo:

Sweep
30-03-2010, 08:49 PM
3 inches of snow here in Bonnyrigg. Snow is going sideways past my windows :boo hoo: not looking good for tomorrow.

down-the-slope
30-03-2010, 08:53 PM
weather is now so bad Mrs S has decided no chance of getting to work tomorrow and opened a bottle of wine :tee hee:

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Summer fitba anyone. :faf:

hibee_girl
30-03-2010, 08:56 PM
The snow is lying here now

Westie1875
30-03-2010, 09:03 PM
The snow is lying here now

:agree: Just looked out the window and the cars in my street are covered, lights keep flickering too.

Irish_Steve
30-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I`ve got water running down my walls - inside walls that is!

Sylar
30-03-2010, 09:06 PM
It's nae really that bad up here though it is trying to snow just now - far too wet for it to lie though!

Gus
30-03-2010, 09:06 PM
they will take into consideration the united fans travelling some distance to get to ER in the bad weather

I cannae see this happening at all

matty_f
30-03-2010, 09:08 PM
It's nae really that bad up here though it is trying to snow just now - far too wet for it to lie though!

That's what it's like in the Dunf as well. Pishing wi' rain, a bit of snaw and a fair bit of wind.

Good Scottish weather, basically.

hibee_girl
30-03-2010, 09:08 PM
:agree: Just looked out the window and the cars in my street are covered, lights keep flickering too.

:agree: Same here, lights are really annoying me now :grr:

I thought it'd be too wet for it to lie here but it is :agree:

Sylar
30-03-2010, 09:11 PM

I thought it'd be too wet for it to lie here but it is :agree:

My lights have been dancing on and off all night - I just turned them off and fired some candles on instead :greengrin

It had better not start lying up here, as I need to be driving around the Cairngorms doing bloody fieldwork tomorrow!

If I've not posted on here by 9pm tomorrow night, someone call search and rescue! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
30-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Plenty snow here too.

Is it fashionable to wear your wellies with a suit? Just thinking about work in the morning.

Irish_Steve
30-03-2010, 09:15 PM
My lights have been dancing on and off all night - I just turned them off and fired some candles on instead :greengrin

It had better not start lying up here, as I need to be driving around the Cairngorms doing bloody fieldwork tomorrow!

If I've not posted on here by 9pm tomorrow night, someone call search and rescue! :greengrin

What, come look for you in this weather - d`ya think we`re mad :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
30-03-2010, 09:17 PM

Is your PC candle powered too? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
30-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Snowing quite heavily in my area of Falkirk and it's lying here too.

It's not too bad in the town centre though.

If this keeps up over the course of the night and into tomorrow then I doubt if I'll be at the game if it's on. :boo hoo:

Darth Hibbie
30-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Thought you were all taking the pish about the snow. Just looked outside. Thin I will go and make a snowman. Hope it clears up before tomorrow. :snowman

iwasthere1972
30-03-2010, 09:19 PM

You'll have to wait until after the match. Mind and wear something warm. :hilarious

hibee_girl
30-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Thought you were all taking the pish about the snow. Just looked outside. Thin I will go and make a snowman. Hope it clears up before tomorrow. :snowman

It's meant to carry on until late afternoon tomorrow

jgl07
I think semi finals are one-off games now - no replays.
Since when?

Have the rules been changed?

Hibs had to replay against Dunfermline.

Jamesie

Same here too. Leith's Most Haunted:greengrin

Removed
I think it's worse now where I am in Livingston than the bad spell in December/January :grr:

hibee_girl
30-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Since when?

They changed the rules after hardly anyone turned up to our replay

Sylar
30-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Is your PC candle powered too? :greengrin

Nah, though that reminds me that I need to feed the hamster...

You'll have to wait until after the match. Mind and wear something warm. :hilarious

Surely one of the kind folks who'll be watching the Arsenal vs Barca game and posting updates on here would be kind enough to oblige :wink:

PaulSmith
30-03-2010, 09:25 PM
They changed the rules after hardly anyone turned up to our replay

Because common sense wouldve dictated that it should've been at Tynie

Nakedmanoncrack
30-03-2010, 09:27 PM
How many games at Easter Road ever get called off? Despite these threads every time there is a flurry of snow.

Part/Time Supporter
30-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Since when?

Changed after that year. Saints v Huns the next year went straight to penalties.

Part/Time Supporter
30-03-2010, 09:29 PM
How many games at Easter Road ever get called off? Despite these threads every time there is a flurry of snow.

:agree:

There's only a dusting of snow on the cars in Meadowbank.

The only conceivable danger to the game is the safety of the temporary floodlights if the high winds persist. The forecast I've seen says that the weather should settle down tomorrow afternoon.

speedy_gonzales
30-03-2010, 09:35 PM

eff-in SNAP!
came home from work today to find drips coming down between my conservatory and dining room. Apparently the conservatory wall covers 'weep' holes in the original external wall to my house but I've never had this before. maybe it's the unseasonal easterly driven rain that's been lashing against my house for the last 24 hours!
Anyway, it seemed like I was on holiday, watching champions league footy with a cold beer in my hand and the waves lapping at my feet:thumbsup:

MussyHibby
30-03-2010, 09:37 PM

The only conceivable danger to the game is the safety of the temporary floodlights if the high winds persist. The forecast I've seen says that the weather should settle down tomorrow afternoon.

Just back for Oxgangs area tho, scary as fock, the "office clerc" :wink: was sliding everywhere.............again........heap o'sheite! :agree:

Removed
30-03-2010, 09:40 PM

eff-in SNAP!
came home from work today to find drips coming down between my conservatory and dining room. Apparently the conservatory wall covers 'weep' holes in the original external wall to my house but I've never had this before. maybe it's the unseasonal easterly driven rain that's been lashing against my house for the last 24 hours!
Anyway, it seemed like I was on holiday, watching champions league footy with a cold beer in my hand and the waves lapping at my feet:thumbsup:

And me :grr:

Got leak in bay window at front and very wet ceiling and floor. Hope it's just been the amount and direction of the rain today getting into the ventilation holes :bitchy:

Jay
30-03-2010, 09:42 PM
My back garden was completely flooded this afternoon, the patio was ankle deep in water. When the snow started I thought it would never lie on that - it did!

Col2
31-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Getting worse in Bonnyrigg area. How is central Edinburgh?

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2010, 06:56 AM

Will they not take into account the travel situation from Dundee to Edinburgh?

down the slope
31-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Getting worse in Bonnyrigg area. How is central Edinburgh?

The palm trees are clear of snow but rain still falling !.

Gatecrasher
31-03-2010, 07:03 AM
im about a mile from PBS the now and its snowing

PS it stinks at this end of toon

Part/Time Supporter
31-03-2010, 07:11 AM

What travel situation? There aren't any major roads or rail lines between Edinburgh and Dundee closed.

GlesgaeHibby
31-03-2010, 07:14 AM
I was up in Pencaitland last night and struggled to get back down to Port Seton. Localised flooding has closed the Pencaitland and Ormiston Roads- I don't know how the players will get in to the training centre this morning if those roads are still shut.

I've heard that Haddington is impossible to get into from the bypass, people are being diverted to Dunbar.

bighairyfaeleith
31-03-2010, 07:15 AM
no lying snow in leith when I left this morning, game should be on.

Going to be bloody cold though, better get the thermals on:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2010, 07:18 AM
What travel situation? There aren't any major roads or rail lines between Edinburgh and Dundee closed.

I didn't mean that there was. I was meaning that in this namby-pamby world the police might say it's too dangerous to travel - like they did a few times over Christmas.

And if any roads or train lines are closed later it might affect their decision?

weonlywon6-2
31-03-2010, 07:24 AM

yeah they will, and a sodden pitch wont help.

to be fair to everyone,watching a game in these conditions is rubbish.

call it off and wait for lovely summers evening, ...........next week !! :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
31-03-2010, 07:26 AM
I dind't mean that there was. I was meaning that in this namby-pamby world the police might say it's too dangerous to travel - like they did a few times over Christmas.

And if any roads or train lines are closed later it might affect their decision?

They allowed the Huns to go to Perth last night

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8596016.stm

:greengrin

Leithenhibby
31-03-2010, 07:45 AM
No looking forward to the travel up the road tonight IF the game is on. we have 6 inches of snow, no school busses :grr: so the kids
will be X-boxx'n :rolleyes:

My gut feeling is that the Ars v Barca game in the hoos would be a good option.

How are the roads in Edinbra this morning?..

Betty Boop
31-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Some of the road conditions are treacherous, there has been a serious crash with a school bus in Biggar.

Leithenhibby
31-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Some of the road conditions are treacherous, there has been a serious crash with a school bus in Biggar.

Got that on the BBC, ****ing shame, hope everyone is OK..:agree:

Phil MaGlass
31-03-2010, 07:59 AM
seems that they are alright

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8596164.stm

Leithenhibby
31-03-2010, 08:06 AM
When will a decision be made to see if our game goes ahead or not.
19.44 :grr:

Can't find info anywhere...

Golden Bear
31-03-2010, 08:12 AM

I think you'll need a helicopter tae get there!

Hibby D
31-03-2010, 08:13 AM

I would guess until we hear that a decision is to be made everyone has to work on the basis the match is going ahead.

It's very wet and windy but I've sat and watched footie at ER in similar or worse. HG said the pitch isn't covered so that would be my main concern - it'll be a mud bath

Leithenhibby
31-03-2010, 08:14 AM
I think you'll need a helicopter tae get there!

It's looking VERY unlikely that we will make it. Would have thought that Dun U would struggle to get there also.....

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2010, 08:15 AM
I would guess until a decision is made everyone has to work on the basis the match is going ahead.

It's very wet and windy but I've sat and watched footie at ER in similar or worse. HG said the pitch isn't covered so that would be my main concern - it'll be a mud bath

It'll be a great leveller for us. I've been reading on here how United are so far ahead of us in all aspects that I've come to the conclusion we need all the help we can get. This weather is a gift from God.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2010, 08:16 AM
seems that they are alright

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8596164.stm

We have to come through biggar. We are not leaving until 2ish, if there's any doubt i hope we know by then.

Leithenhibby
31-03-2010, 08:17 AM
I would guess until we hear that a decision is to be made everyone has to work on the basis the match is going ahead.

:greengrin after my post I thought..mmm perhaps I'll just have to wait and see..:thumbsup:

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 08:26 AM
We have to come through biggar. We are not leaving until 2ish, if there's any doubt i hope we know by then.

buses from town aren't going anywhere near penicuik or the borders at the moment.

Gala Foxes
31-03-2010, 08:26 AM
A7 - Shut

A68 - Shut

Not looking good for Borders Hi-bees such as myself tonight

Good to see the Council have the roads under control - not as though there was any prior warning !!!

Sylar
31-03-2010, 08:38 AM
It's looking VERY unlikely that we will make it. Would have thought that Dun U would struggle to get there also.....

Nah - no snow in Dundee and the M90/A90 looks clear from the Traffic Scotland website.

Leithenhibby
31-03-2010, 08:38 AM
No looking that good for Border Hibs fans, so am away to dig out my car. :greengrin.

I have sent the wife up to Edinbra to do a recky on the roads, hope she is back before 5 ..:greengrin

RoxburghHibs
31-03-2010, 08:44 AM
A7 - Shut

A68 - Shut

Not looking good for Borders Hi-bees such as myself tonight

Good to see the Council have the roads under control - not as though there was any prior warning !!!

Should be cleared today.

Keep an eye on things as I doubt it will get any worse today.

Leithenhibby
31-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Should be cleared today.

Still chucking it, in Innerleithen..:boo hoo:

Golden Bear
31-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Should be cleared today.

Severe weather warning in place for the Borders area until 6pm tonight so it's not looking good.

Looks like Arsenal v Barcelona and then a self enforced blackout on any news of the Hibees. The entire 90mins is on Alba at 10pm so I'll watch it as if it's "live".

Big90inOz
31-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Trying to work out time differences between Oz and Leith :greengrin
What time is it now :greengrin

Leithenhibby
31-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Trying to work out time differences between Oz and Leith :greengrin
What time is it now :greengrin

09.58..:wink:

Mon Dieu4
31-03-2010, 09:02 AM
09.58..:wink:

No it's not it's 10.02 :wink::faf:

Leithenhibby
31-03-2010, 09:02 AM
No it's not it's 10.02 :wink::faf:

I'm no going there...:cool2:

GlesgaeHibby
31-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Severe weather warning in place for the Borders area until 6pm tonight so it's not looking good.

Looks like Arsenal v Barcelona and then a self enforced blackout on any news of the Hibees. The entire 90mins is on Alba at 10pm so I'll watch it as if it's "live".

Is it? I can't see it on the TV listings for today. Hope it is though!

Big90inOz
31-03-2010, 09:05 AM
So only 7 hrs difference then

Now I just need to find out if it's worth my while getting up at 2.30am to find the game is postponed.

Hopefully we will get an early decision :agree:

Golden Bear
31-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Is it? I can't see it on the TV listings for today. Hope it is though!

Yep - as was the Huns game last night. I was thoroughly enjoying it until we had a power cut about 11:30.:grr:

As well as the game tonight Alba will also be doing interviews with Yogi & Lawrie Reilly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcalba/programmes/schedules/2010/03/31

Leithenhibby
31-03-2010, 09:06 AM
So only 7 hrs difference then

Now I just need to find out if it's worth my while getting up at 2.30am to find the game is postponed.

Hopefully we will get an early decision :agree:

SPL...:faf: Nae chance..:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
31-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Just as well that Hibs aren't really "docksiders"? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8596344.stm?ls)

:dunno:

hibsbollah
31-03-2010, 09:37 AM
anyone know the website where you can look at road conditions through the roadside camera?

Removed
31-03-2010, 09:39 AM
anyone know the website where you can look at road conditions through the roadside camera?

http://trafficscotland.org/lev/ (http://trafficscotland.org/lev/)

Darth Hibbie
31-03-2010, 09:39 AM

Traffic Scotland has them. The roads around Edinburgh look as if they are being kept clear

Thigh ar la
31-03-2010, 09:41 AM
trafficscotland.org

hibsbollah
31-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Traffic Scotland has them. The roads around Edinburgh look as if they are being kept clear

Thanks. thats a great site.

For anyone coming up from England on the east coast, the A1 looks OK but the A68 and the Jedburgh and Coldstream roads are closed in several places and looks a very bad idea.

Carter bar looks like a whiteout.
http://trafficscotland.org/lev/?mi=10 (http://trafficscotland.org/lev/?mi=10)

mjhibby
31-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Its light snow in eatern edinburgh but meant to get heavier.Not meant to ease off until 6 ish.Pitch is going to be heavy at best.Winds have died down at least.Game could become a lottery so ideal for stokes to poke one in and deeks free kick

Scooter
31-03-2010, 09:52 AM
i dont know what the rail is like this morning but when i left work last night it was madness. east coast was shut at drem. Fife was stuffed due to a landslide and bathagte was having trouble with points and flooding

weonlywon6-2
31-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Should be cleared today.

:faf::faf::faf:

MSK
31-03-2010, 10:00 AM
We have to come through biggar. We are not leaving until 2ish, if there's any doubt i hope we know by then.Just been on the news ..a bus carrying school children has left a snow covered road in Biggar & landed in a field...quite a few kids injured ..

Hibby D
31-03-2010, 10:07 AM

Just been on the news ..a bus carrying school children has left a snow covered road in Biggar & landed in a field...quite a few kids injured ..

A really serious accident :agree: 15 Ambulances and a helicopter involved in the rescue and now the radio is reporting one of the kids might not have survived. Awful news if true

lyonhibs
31-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Incessant snow in the west of Edinburgh.

Depending on road conditions, I'd be surprised if this goes ahead.

How is it up in Tayside? I wouldn't imagine the 50 or so Dundee United Fans will be looking forward to their journey!!! :greengrin

Groovee
31-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Judging on messages from friends in the north of fife they're snowed in so it may be a judgement call from United whether or not they travel. I agreed to our son going to the game tonight and now I need to hunt out all his wet weather gear and warm clothing to ensure he's not too wet tonight.

Jim44
31-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Its light snow in eatern edinburgh but meant to get heavier.Not meant to ease off until 6 ish.Pitch is going to be heavy at best.Winds have died down at least.Game could become a lottery so ideal for stokes to poke one in and deeks free kick

Looks like our fast flowing silky football will just have to go on the back boiler tonight. :wink:

Hibby D
31-03-2010, 10:11 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8596344.stm?ls

Holy Cow :greengrin

hibsbollah
31-03-2010, 10:12 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8596344.stm?ls (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8596344.stm?ls)

Police sources have blamed the freak conditions on Christian Nade skinny dipping:agree:

Golden Bear
31-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Judging on messages from friends in the north of fife they're snowed in so it may be a judgement call from United whether or not they travel. I agreed to our son going to the game tonight and now I need to hunt out all his wet weather gear and warm clothing to ensure he's not too wet tonight.

This summer football is just no good I tell ye!

:wink:

hibbymac
31-03-2010, 10:13 AM

No seen a puddle before? :greengrin

Hibby D
31-03-2010, 10:15 AM
No seen a puddle before? :greengrin

It's the wee post office van - just at the end of the video a wave lifts it, I'd be greeting very loudly if I was inside that :boo hoo:

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 10:17 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8596344.stm?ls (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8596344.stm?ls)

CRAZY!! :dizzy:

down-the-slope
Should be cleared today.

:grr: Blo*dy comedians...we have had another 2 inches since you posted that.

Also the power went off at 10.30pm last night and only came on 5 mins ago..kids off school - no buses.

Tyne flooding all over the place...and no sign of a let up

MSK

Holy Cow :greengrinJeezo !!! ..im gonna send her down tae get the car washed !!! :thumbsup:

RoxburghHibs
31-03-2010, 10:20 AM
:grr: Blo*dy comedians...we have had another 2 inches since you posted that.

Also the power went off at 10.30pm last night and only came on 5 mins ago..kids off school - no buses.

Tyne flooding all over the place...and no sign of a let up

Calm down I was just trying to be helpful. It's nowhere near as bad in town as it appears out your way.

Fingers crossed you can make it as every supporter is needed tonight :agree:

shadeparkhibby
31-03-2010, 10:28 AM
just phoned er no inspection planned :wink:

dangermouse
31-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Thank's to the tache being too slow off the mark we could have had a new East Stand in place by now with a retractable roof to keep us all warm and dry. PETRIE!!!:grr:

bighairyfaeleith
31-03-2010, 10:35 AM
weather is no bad in leith, as long as you stay away from the docks. If you must go down remember your long raincoat :devil:

Sylar
31-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Incessant snow in the west of Edinburgh.

Depending on road conditions, I'd be surprised if this goes ahead.

How is it up in Tayside? I wouldn't imagine the 50 or so Dundee United Fans will be looking forward to their journey!!! :greengrin

Am' no postin' it again! :grr:

Jack
31-03-2010, 10:47 AM

If it was me (after I’d read all the Borders stuff) I think I might just stick to the motorways rather than that scruffy wee road.

Betty Boop
31-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Just heard on Five Live, that a teenage girl died in the Biggar school bus crash, and 12 seriously injured.

Jamie
31-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Took these this morning. 3 guys on pitch forking it.
http://hibeesbounce.blogspot.com
Light snow in Haddington just now just came from dunbar. a1 clear just surface water ATM that is lol.

down-the-slope
31-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Calm down I was just trying to be helpful. It's nowhere near as bad in town as it appears out your way.

Fingers crossed you can make it as every supporter is needed tonight :agree:

Fair enough..but hard to be calm when this is current view from front window....and still chuffing tipping down.
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs495.ash1/27024_391176120368_737590368_3860080_7058983_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3860081&id=737590368)

hibsbollah
31-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Just heard on Five Live, that a teenage girl died in the Biggar school bus crash, and 12 seriously injured.

14 year old on her way to Alton Towers:bitchy: Very sad.

Taz_hibee
31-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Grant Stott claims game is defo on

bighairyfaeleith
31-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Fair enough..but hard to be calm when this is current view from front window....and still chuffing tipping down.
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs495.ash1/27024_391176120368_737590368_3860080_7058983_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3860081&id=737590368)

why do you have a tree right on front of your window?

Does that not block your view:confused:

hibsbollah
31-03-2010, 10:59 AM

Does that not block your view:confused:

Its one of those 'lord of the rings' trees, it keeps sneaking up to the windaes to have a look:agree:

Taz_hibee
According to Grant Stott on Forth 1

Removed

Dreadful news. Every parents nightmare.

MSK

Does that not block your view:confused:Block his view of what ..other tree's ..?...:greengrin

Betty Boop
31-03-2010, 11:00 AM

:agree: Such a shame.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2010, 11:00 AM
If it was me (after I’d read all the Borders stuff) I think I might just stick to the motorways rather than that scruffy wee road.

:agree: Probably be quicker and safer.

JennaFletcher
31-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I was in the ticket office this morning and everyone kept calling in asking about whether it would be on/would there be a pitch inspection.

Answer every time: The match is still on unless the weather deteriorates drastically and there are no plans for a pitch inspection yet.

This means that the match will be on unless there is a full blown blizzard basically and inches of snow... so everyone should just chill, have a bud... que sera sera! :wink:

jgl07
31-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Why do we have to have this rubbish every time a couple of snowflakes fall?

There isn't a chance that the match will not go ahead. The conditions are nothing like bad enough.

I doubt if the snow is even standing on the ground at Easter Road. All the transportation routes are operating normally.

All this does is to psych up wavers into not travelling.

JennaFletcher
31-03-2010, 11:10 AM

There isn't a chance that the match will not go ahead. The conditions are nothing like bad enough.

I doubt if the snow is even standing on the ground at Easter Road. All the transportation routes are operating normally.

:top marks

YouTube - Charlie Brooker's Newswipe - News Coverage Of "Frozen Britain" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO52SMQB7tE)

^ Enjoy this YouTube video of Charlie Brooker analysing news coverage of 'Frozen Britain' :greengrin

HibbyAndy
31-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Cmon the Hibees :flag: :flag: :flag:

NOLA
31-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Thank's to the tache being too slow off the mark we could have had a new East Stand in place by now with a retractable roof to keep us all warm and dry. PETRIE!!!:grr:

Seconded!

Jay
31-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Dreadful news. Every parents nightmare.

:agree: when I read it I felt sick. It doesn't even bare thinking about.

hibbymac
31-03-2010, 11:19 AM

YouTube - Charlie Brooker's Newswipe - News Coverage Of "Frozen Britain" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO52SMQB7tE)

^ Enjoy this YouTube video of Charlie Brooker analysing news coverage of 'Frozen Britain' :greengrin

I was fine until I watched that!! Now having second thoughts about making the perilous journey from Mountcastle. :worried: :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2010, 11:25 AM

Quite simply because the majority of Hibbies don't live in Leith. People go by what they see outside their own house. When we have so many fans from outside the town, where it is clearly a nightmare, it's understandable that a LOT of people will be anxious.

Gala Foxes
31-03-2010, 11:27 AM
All transportation routes are operating normally ?

A7 - Gala to Edinburgh - SHUT

A68 - Jedburgh to Edinburgh - SHUT

Peebles - Edinburgh - exercise caution

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 11:30 AM

i've watched the guy with the bag and the long hair slipping about 10 times now! still funny! :faf::faf:

hibsbollah
31-03-2010, 11:31 AM
All transportation routes are operating normally ?

A7 - Gala to Edinburgh - SHUT

A68 - Jedburgh to Edinburgh - SHUT

Peebles - Edinburgh - exercise caution

Yep:agree: Basically if you're coming from the Borders on any road except the A1 or A74 its going to be either shut or very dangerous.

Carheenlea
31-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Snow easing off in Peebles now, so good news for (West) Borders Hibbies. Roads should be passable for later on.

Gala Foxes
31-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Cheers Peebles Hibs - hopefully better weather heading to Gala

Part/Time Supporter
31-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Has anyone else noticed the correlation between ***** weather and Geoff Hoon making a complete tit of himself? Mibbies if someone bumps him off we won't have bad weather any more.

flash
31-03-2010, 11:38 AM

Is that why i can't get out of Penicuik then? The game should be off.

Hainan Hibs
31-03-2010, 11:41 AM

It's time people grew a pair and used them.

Baldy
31-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Its nothing to with the weather , we just don't let people out of Penicuik .. it's the UK's version of Alcatraz:greengrin

HarpyHibby
31-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Surprised its on, our schools just been shut in Dalkieth!

bighairyfaeleith
31-03-2010, 11:45 AM

Is that so you have more time to get to the game?

HibbyAndy
31-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Brutle here in Penicuik..:agree:

Got to go hame from work today:thumbsup:

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Its nothing to with the weather , we just don't let people out of Penicuik .. it's the UK's version of Alcatraz:greengrin

i beg your pardon!!! :grr: :wink:

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Brutle here in Penicuik..:agree:

Got to go hame from work today:thumbsup:

i knew i shouldnt have moved to dalkeith!! :grr:

HibbyAndy
31-03-2010, 11:48 AM
i knew i shouldnt have moved to dalkeith!! :grr:

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 11:49 AM

No, this is why...

http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/deliverance.jpg

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 11:50 AM
No, this is why...

he's better looking than you fenton! :agree:

Peevemor
31-03-2010, 11:51 AM
No, this is why...

:thumbsup: The cold's bad for banjo strings.

nribs
31-03-2010, 11:55 AM

Just as well Hibs don;t play in Dalkeith then

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 11:55 AM
he's better looking than you fenton! :agree:

Funny that, I googled "Scott Ritchie Pissycook" and that's the first image that appeared :cool2:

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Funny that, I googled "Scott Ritchie Pissycook" and that's the first image that appeared :cool2:

:faf:

:asshole:

scoopyboy
31-03-2010, 12:04 PM

I would have thought if the game was to be off it would be because of a waterlogged pitch as opposed to snow.

HibbyAndy
31-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Wullie fae Penicuik akin see youve been looking at this thread for a while now,You wouldnae be to fussed if the game was off eh? Cause of a big Champions LG game tonight :devil:

Www1875hfc
31-03-2010, 12:12 PM
It's Bryan...am just logged on as my old man! I still want the game to be on! Couldn't make it into work today but i'll make it for the game tonight! :thumbsup:

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 12:14 PM
It's Bryan...am just logged on as my old man! I still want the game to be on! Couldn't make it into work today but i'll make it for the game tonight! :thumbsup:

bryan wood??

HibbyAndy
31-03-2010, 12:16 PM

Nice yin Bryan :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bryan wood??

Www1875hfc
31-03-2010, 12:22 PM
bryan wood??

The one and only! haha my dad was already logged into .net and i couldnt be bothered logging him out to log myself in so i just stayed on it under his user name!:greengrin

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 12:25 PM
The one and only! haha my dad was already logged into .net and i couldnt be bothered logging him out to log myself in so i just stayed on it under his user name!:greengrin

will you be behind the goals tonight??

Www1875hfc
31-03-2010, 12:26 PM
you be behind the goals tonight??

Aye mate, not sure what time at? probably about 6ish. you be there?

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Aye mate, not sure what time at? probably about 6ish. you be there?

should be :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 12:28 PM
will you be behind the goals tonight??

You buyin me a pint?

Isaac_Refvik
31-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Stormy is the only way to describe the weather in Leith just now, its blummin horrible!

So that'll be 2 ways of describing the weather.:wink:

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 12:32 PM
You buyin me a pint?

only if i can grab the change in my pockets with my big "pissycook" webbed fingers!! :bye:

Scooter
31-03-2010, 12:34 PM
You buyin me a pint?

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

remember penicuik he will be going round the tables drinking the dregs of other folks pints

love you Scott :love ya!::cheers:

Www1875hfc
31-03-2010, 12:37 PM
should be :thumbsup:

Cool mate, i will catch up with you if you are!

RoslinInstHibby
31-03-2010, 12:38 PM
ahhh, just been down to union for lunch and had a few peroni's, cannae wait till 5 to get out of here then down to easter road...mon the hibs!

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2010, 02:07 PM
only if i can grab the change in my pockets with my big "pissycook" webbed fingers!! :bye:

:dummytit:

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

remember penicuik he will be going round the tables drinking the dregs of other folks pints

love you Scott :love ya!::cheers:

Sorry!

Teo10
31-03-2010, 02:09 PM
FAO Danderhall Hibs.

I was going to ask if you could pop down and check the surrounding roads, pavements and car parks to see if they are clear of slush?

KdyHby
31-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Having spent all morning in Lauder hoping that Soutra would open, am now hoping to get up to Edinburgh via Berwick & the A1