PDA

View Full Version : Question Ambitions?

Sudds_1
30-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Apart from the obvious cup victory......

.......what ambitions do you have for the institution that is Hibernian?

Mine? For my team to become the byword in how football should be played - the team that epitomises the beautiful game. We all talk about it, but in recent years (probably not since the tornadoes) have we actually seen it. We've a reputation based on history (a bit like celtc come to think of it) - and we've lived off it for far too long.. :agree:

Bob Box Fish
30-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Consistently 3rd mibbes pushing 2nd some seasons. A run in Europe like Fulham would provide many jollies . .

iwasthere1972
30-03-2010, 05:19 PM
A team that will grace our "new" stadium.

Consistently competing for 3rd place and occasionally turning over the Old Firm and humping the Yams. Good runs in both cups with the odd cup final to look forward. Maybe even that cup one day.

Needless to say - European nights at Easter Road.

Horse
30-03-2010, 05:25 PM
A team that will grace our "new" stadium.

Consistently competing for 3rd place and occasionally turning over the Old Firm and humping the Yams. Good runs in both cups with the odd cup final to look forward. Maybe even that cup one day.

Needless to say - European nights at Easter Road.

Aye, they are hard to beat but I would like to add European away trips aswell - The one thing I haven't done is follow Hibs away in Europe, no matter what I plan, something always conspires against me to ensure I don't make the away trips. One fine day I'll follow the Hibs away in Europe!

Speedway
30-03-2010, 05:28 PM
To have a team good enough of going on a run in Europe.

'Doing a Fulham' and putting 3 past Juve at ER is something I could live with.

PeeJay
30-03-2010, 05:28 PM
The ambition has to be to finish at the very least 3rd, while actually aiming for 2nd. We need European football at Easter Road to boost finances so we can imporove the team and our chances of one day attacking 1st spot.

Andy74
30-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Regular 3rd place and hopefully trying to play some football. European trips and latter stages of cups would be good to go with that. Consistently beating hearts would be a novelty too. Even when we have better players we rarely outdo them on a consistent basis.

noseyhibby
30-03-2010, 05:35 PM
To challenge every single season for a top 3 position and win regular silverware, We have the infrastructure and the platform. Hibs at this moment in time are streets ahead of our rivals in particular Hearts in terms of stadium, training facilities and financial base.

brydekirk
30-03-2010, 05:53 PM
3rd at the very least, yearly. more euro games, like AEK, PURE MAGIC.:thumbsup:

Franck is God
31-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Firstly I always want to see Hibs trying to play good football.

I think the size of club we are, the size of our support and the infrastructure that is already in place should see us at least challenge for 3rd place at least every season and occasionally threatening 2nd too.

I think that as a regular top six club should see us in the latter stages of the cups on a regular basis too.

There will always be seasons where this will not happen and during those we have to be patient and hope the club's management see what is holding us up and fix the problem. As far as I'm concerned they have already shown that they are capable of this by moving Mixu on last summer.

bighairyfaeleith
31-03-2010, 11:55 AM
cup and league double for three years in a row :greengrin

and if I could see us stick 8 past hearts I would die happy