hibsbollah
30-03-2010, 02:00 PM
When are they usually announced?

Mon Dieu4
30-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Couple of days after the last game I think

Frazerbob
30-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Usually a couple of days after the top 6 is finalised.

Ritchie
30-03-2010, 02:03 PM
will be good to get our revenge on st johnstone after the split! :devil:

legends of 73
30-03-2010, 02:03 PM
they'll be trying to work out when der hun can win the title and keep them away from smeltic when doing so.:wink:

haagsehibby
30-03-2010, 02:12 PM
they'll be trying to work out when der hun can win the title and keep them away from smeltic when doing so.:wink:

Haven't really checked but is there not a chance that they can win the league before the split ?

hibsbollah
30-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Couple of days after the last game I think

That'll be Monday 12th April ish then:agree:

RoxburghHibs
30-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Going on current positions our 5 post split games will be as below (not is this order);

Rangers (H)
Celtic (A)
Dundee Utd (A)
Motherwell (H)
Hearts (H)

The only problem with this is we will play 2 more home games than away this season.

The crunch games after the split will be Motherwell and Dundee Utd, so it will be a massive disadvantage if they make us play Motherwell 3 times away from home this season.

Mon Dieu4
30-03-2010, 02:39 PM
That'll be Monday 12th April ish then:agree:

Looks like Der Hun play Dundee Utd on the 14th so might be a bit later

Martin
30-03-2010, 02:41 PM
They were released 5 minutes after the final whistle went on the last game before the split last season. :agree:

Diclonius
30-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Going on current positions our 5 post split games will be as below (not is this order);

Rangers (H)
Celtic (A)
Dundee Utd (A)
Motherwell (H)
Hearts (H)

The only problem with this is we will play 2 more home games than away this season.

The crunch games after the split will be Motherwell and Dundee Utd, so it will be a massive disadvantage if they make us play Motherwell 3 times away from home this season.

I'd take Rangers away.

mjhibby
30-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately by my reckoning well need to get one more home game after the split or it will be 18 home and 20 away for them and we are the reverse so logically it looks like another trip to well im afraid.Only rangers of the other teams have a home imbalance and that wont matter as the league will have been won already.Only other way is for well to get rangers at home instead of away which would balance those two out and us left with 20 home and 18 away.Mind you as the race for third to fifth is so tight they may leave our fixtures alone.Havent looked at it if the saintees or the dons come 6th as my brain is hurting already.hope thats cleared it all up then.:faf:

Billy Whizz
30-03-2010, 04:33 PM

Rangers (H)
Celtic (A)
Dundee Utd (A)
Motherwell (H)
Hearts (H)

I think it will be Motherwell away?

jgl07
30-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I reckon that Hibs will face Motherwell and Hearts at home and be away to Rangers, Celtic and United.

Hibs had both Rangers and Celtic at home (last season?) post split.

Given the restricted capacity at Easter Road, a visit from Rangers would be a problem.

It would be bad for Hibs to have to face Motherwell three times away this season.

seven-heaven
30-03-2010, 04:56 PM
As soon as it's mathamatically impossible for Hearts to be caught in 6th, they will announce the fixtures.

Rangers win tonight and hearts win on Saturday would do it i think.

Gus Fring
30-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Can anyone confirm if a Category B season ticket is valid for post split fixtures?

(obv not Rantic or the Yams)

sunshine1875
30-03-2010, 08:42 PM
:dizzy:

If Hertz make the top six, they should have three homes and two aways in the post-split fixtures and they are due to play the other teams as noted below:

Rangers (A)
Hibs (A)
Celtic (H)
Utd (H)
Well (H)

So for them there should be no change. However, for every other team there needs to be a change and it is too confusing to decide how the computer will work this out.

For the other teams, it should be:

Gers - 2H & 3A BUT Utd (H), Hertz (H), Well (H), Hibs (A), Celtic (A)
Tic - 3H & 2A BUT Gers (H), Hibs (H), Utd (A) Hertz (A), Well (A),
Utd - 3H & 2A BUT Gers (A), Hertz (A), Well (A), Hibs (H), Celtic (H)
Hibs -2H & 3A BUT Gers (H), Hertz (H), Well (H), Celtic (A), Utd (A)
Well - 3H & 2A BUT Rangers (A), Hibs (A), Hertz (A), Utd (H), Celtic (H)

Assuming the Hertz games do not change and the OF game does not change then those in red above are those that should not change.

Swapping the Hibs - Well game to Fir Park sorts out Hibs and Well games.
Swapping the Utd - Gers game to Tannadice sorts out the Gers and Utd games, but leaves Celtic with one 18 homes and 20 aways.

I cannot see how else this can be sorted without one team playing more homes than aways (or vice versa).

:dunno:

I have not factored in St. Johnstone into this as my brain cannot take any more scenarios.

hibbymac
30-03-2010, 08:52 PM
As soon as it's mathamatically impossible for Hearts to be caught in 6th, they will announce the fixtures.

:doh:

Ritchie
31-03-2010, 08:29 AM

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2010, 08:40 AM

I think this is what's happened in previous seasons. Obviously there's not much between 6th and 7th this year though so it's going right to the wire.

Maybe they should just make it a top 5 bottom 7 split? There's such a big gulf.

Joe Baker II
31-03-2010, 09:05 AM
I think they are announced earlier if top and bottom 6 are known in advance, though St Johnstone have just made that less likely.

HibbyAndy
31-03-2010, 12:14 PM

Is that the game at St.mirren? Where they couldnt win at hame for about 48904879787859075 games and ended it by beating yous fools?

:hilarious

Fud.