PDA

View Full Version : Elite League Hockey Finals Weekend

stu in nottingham
30-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Hard lines to Edinburgh after a very commendable 4-4 tie in the first leg. The Panthers proving maybe a wee bit too strong for the Caps over two legs with that five goal shut out on the Sunday. It sounds very much like Nottingham had one of their 'on' nights. I'm sorry to see that Edinburgh didn't make it this time.

I hear there are a few tickets left for the Finals this weekend in Nottingham. This includes some 'restricted view' tickets for around £24 for the Saturday with it's two semi-finals which I always think is very much the best day, socially. Can't quite understand why they're 'restricted' as they appear to just be up on the back row up in the corners of block 1 and 19, conferred by mates but we might be wrong.

It's a great weekend for mingling with other fans, meeting a few players and having a few cold ones. I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of making the trip. Additionally, the stadium is in the city centre with scores of pubs, clubs and eating places within a few short minutes walk.

If any hockey fans need any Nottingham info, just shout.

Pheona
31-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I'll be watching it on the telly this year...:boo hoo:

Hope you won't be offended when I say, after last weekend...... 'MON THE GIANTS!!!!! :greengrin

stu in nottingham
01-04-2010, 08:08 AM
I'll be watching it on the telly this year...:boo hoo:

Hope you won't be offended when I say, after last weekend...... 'MON THE GIANTS!!!!! :greengrin

No offence taken. I'm a hockey fan who lives in Nottingham - not a Nottingham hockey fan! :greengrin Would love to have seen Edinburgh in the Finals.