PDA

View Full Version : Yogi and the Man Utd connection

Golden Bear
30-03-2010, 01:06 PM
It should be quite a game tomorrow night if Yogi has hopes that the team will start performing like Man United!

:greengrin

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/166723-hughes-ready-to-coach-the-manchester-united-way/

bighairyfaeleith
30-03-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm going to have some lunch :yawn:

Golden Bear
30-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm going to have some lunch :yawn:

Aye it's all a bit repetitive I'm afraid.

Actions speak louder than words so let's hope the team can perform on the park tomorrow night.

Gatecrasher
30-03-2010, 01:22 PM
:faf:

Hibs.net is crazy, last week people were applauding rangers for their winning mentality in a cup final when down to 9 men and bitching abou why we don't have that.

Hughes attends a training course and says he wants to install a winnng mentallity and is getting the usual he's talkin pish scenario.

The big man canny win

bighairyfaeleith
30-03-2010, 01:26 PM
:faf:

Hibs.net is crazy, last week people were applauding rangers for their winning mentality in a cup final when down to 9 men and bitching abou why we don't have that.

Hughes attends a training course and says he wants to install a winnng mentallity and is getting the usual he's talkin pish scenario.

The big man canny win

ah wouldnae go as far as to say he's talking pish. I just want to see actions on the pitch as opposed to soundbites. Hopefully hughes proves himself right tomorrow night. But until then I think I'm going to stop reading his interviews.

PeeJay
30-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I think we will have to wait for a couple of seasons to find out if Yogi is the right guy for us - I like the ideas and belief he puts out there. All in all we've had a good season since he's been here - much better than the past few years, anyway!

Gatecrasher
30-03-2010, 01:33 PM
ah wouldnae go as far as to say he's talking pish. I just want to see actions on the pitch as opposed to soundbites. Hopefully hughes proves himself right tomorrow night. But until then I think I'm going to stop reading his interviews.

Fair doo's but you can see where this thread was going after 2 posts. It wasn't that long ago there was weekly threads about another yogi interview and how great it was to hear the man speak about football

SquashedFrogg
30-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I was at the coaching course and thought he came across very well. Especially considering the company he was in.

As well as an interesting motivational speech which included a cracking wee story about Latapy :tee hee: we were treated to a practical demonstration of his coaching methods out on the pitch.

Our under 19's were used by all the coaches for their demonstrations.

(well done guys!)

He may not be everyone's cup of tea but I saw enough to see that behind all the wise cracks and jokes he's actually a very talented young coach/manager.

bighairyfaeleith
30-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Fair doo's but you can see where this thread was going after 2 posts. It wasn't that long ago there was weekly threads about another yogi interview and how great it was to hear the man speak about football

aye I know, it's just a general frustration with the way things have been going though. Anyway, good performance tomorrow and it will all be forgotten:greengrin

Gatecrasher
30-03-2010, 01:41 PM
aye I know, it's just a general frustration with the way things have been going though. Anyway, good performance tomorrow and it will all be forgotten:greengrin
good stuff

it's been a hard couple of months but I think it will come good in the end, and I pray for a good one tomorrow

GGTTH

JimBHibees
30-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I was at the coaching course and thought he came across very well. Especially considering the company he was in.

As well as an interesting motivational speech which included a cracking wee story about Latapy :tee hee: we were treated to a practical demonstration of his coaching methods out on the pitch.

Our under 19's were used by all the coaches for their demonstrations.

(well done guys!)

He may not be everyone's cup of tea but I saw enough to see that behind all the wise cracks and jokes he's actually a very talented young coach/manager.

Good to hear. Just for interest sake who else was there and what was the Coaching course about.

SquashedFrogg
30-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Good to hear. Just for interest sake who else was there and what was the Coaching course about.

Ricky Sbragia who was the Sunderland manager last season after Roy Keane left, now Sunderlands Chief scout. Had coaching spells at Man Utd, Bolton. Very likeable guy and very soft spoken but demonstrated his real skills out on the pitch. Very good coach!

Gary Bowyer, who had a modest pro career with Hereford, Nottinham Forest and Rotherham and who is now the head of all the youth teams at Blackburn Rovers under Sam Allardyce.

& Yogi

Each one gave a 30/40 minute talk and demonstration of coaching methods at their individual clubs aimed at younger players. 8's - 19's.

Ricky Sbragia did most of his talk on his experinces coaching the youths at Old Trafford as they were the bench mark.

Ricky made comment that Yogi had a season ticket for the Man Utd reserves as he never used to miss a game they played...

They obviously know each other fairly well.

Ex pro's in the audience were Alec Clelland, Paul Ritchie, Andy Smith, Mark McNally, Danny Lennon.

Clubs were represented from all overthe south east region.

Each guy would then give a practical demonstration on the pitch. We sat in the stand as they were 'microphoned-up' on the pitch.

Setting out cones etc and using our under 19's for demonstration etc. (basically giving a short training session)

There was a Q&A session at the end.

JimBHibees
30-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Ricky Sbragia who was the Sunderland manager last season after Roy Keane left, now Sunderlands Chief scout. Had coaching spells at Man Utd, Bolton. Very likeable guy and very soft spoken but demonstrated his real skills out on the pitch. Very good coach!

Gary Bowyer, who had a modest pro career with Hereford, Nottinham Forest and Rotherham and who is now the head of all the youth teams at Blackburn Rovers under Sam Allardyce.

& Yogi

Each one gave a 30/40 minute talk and demonstration of coaching methods at their individual clubs aimed at younger players. 8's - 19's.

Ricky Sbragia did most of his talk on his experinces coaching the youths at Old Trafford as they were the bench mark.

Ricky made comment that Yogi had a season ticket for the Man Utd reserves as he never used to miss a game they played...

Ex pro's in the audience were Alec Clelland, Paul Ritchie, Andy Smith, Mark McNally, Danny Lennon.

Each guy would then give a practical demonstration on the pitch. We sat in the stand as they were 'microphoned-up' on the pitch.

Setting out cones etc and using our under 19's for demonstration etc. (basically giving a short training session)

Cheers thanks for that, sounds an interesting event.

blackpoolhibs
30-03-2010, 03:31 PM

& Yogi

Seems to me, these coaches dont have a scooby on tactics. Apparently all you have to do is set your team up, as a 4-4-2. And all your problems are over. :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
30-03-2010, 04:09 PM
RE soundbites...

Could this be a result of Yogi trying to be all things to all people?

Hibs have been often criticised for the lack of communication - I think Yogi's done a decent job of trying to address it. However in the attempt to get across to fans what he's looking for comes into criticism for "soundbites".

Donno what he can do differently I think he does a good job of explaining what he's setting out to do he knows things will take time trying to impress that on an expectant support giving the promising start (in terms of result)