PDA

View Full Version : St Johnstone's Mark Connolly

Future17
29-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Not 100% sure that the boy is called Mark Connolly but did anyone see his comments in the Metro this morning?

I can’t find a link now but it’s a boy who’s on loan from Bolton saying that he’s ready to play against Rangers after making his debut against Hamilton at the weekend.

But he basically says that McInnes took him off before he got sent off on Saturday and the quotes are something like:

“I was surprised by how quick the game was and I didn’t get many touches. There were a few tackles floating about so I went for one, missed it and got booked. But the Rangers game will be different. I’m a Celtic boy so I’ll be making sure I get a few touches, not of the ball, of players. All my family will be on the phone telling me what to do to different players, but I’ve got my own ideas of how to cope with Boyd and Miller”.

Was quite funny, basically an 18yo saying “I hate Huns, I was raised to hate Huns, I’m looking forward to kicking some Huns”.

Frazerbob
29-03-2010, 08:43 AM
What will his attitude be when facing Celtc?

Sounds like a bit of a fanny if you ask me.

Oscar Lomax
29-03-2010, 09:02 AM
'Just a bit o fun' Bryn.

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Can't see him even getting a game against der hun once Derek McInnes hears about this.

ShanksSaidNo
29-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Not 100% sure that the boy is called Mark Connolly but did anyone see his comments in the Metro this morning?

I can’t find a link now but it’s a boy who’s on loan from Bolton saying that he’s ready to play against Rangers after making his debut against Hamilton at the weekend.

But he basically says that McInnes took him off before he got sent off on Saturday and the quotes are something like:

“I was surprised by how quick the game was and I didn’t get many touches. There were a few tackles floating about so I went for one, missed it and got booked. But the Rangers game will be different. I’m a Celtic boy so I’ll be making sure I get a few touches, not of the ball, of players. All my family will be on the phone telling me what to do to different players, but I’ve got my own ideas of how to cope with Boyd and Miller”.

Was quite funny, basically an 18yo saying “I hate Huns, I was raised to hate Huns, I’m looking forward to kicking some Huns”.
Suppose these comments would be quite funny if he was an amateur footballer talking about a team he's playing with his mates in the pub on a Friday night!
But from a proffesional footballer in a national paper - these comments are pretty shocking. Reading it this morning I couldnt actually beleive anyone would be so stupid to go on record saying what he did!
I'd imagine Derek McInnes, as a once Rangers man will be pretty p*ssed off with him for his lack of proffesionalism and the fact that he has now made a rod for his own back - he's basically told the referee that he is going to be taking bodies in this game!
I wonder what odds we'd get on a Connolly red card.
In fact i'll be surprised if McInnes picks him.

Owain_1987
29-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Any chance hes maybe been misquoted? Maybe said something along the lines of am looking forward to playing Rangers as a Celtic boy and I will be going in hard on their players.

Andy74
29-03-2010, 09:19 AM

Suppose these comments would be quite funny if he was an amateur footballer talking about a team he's playing with his mates in the pub on a Friday night!
But from a proffesional footballer in a national paper - these comments are pretty shocking. Reading it this morning I couldnt actually beleive anyone would be so stupid to go on record saying what he did!
I'd imagine Derek McInnes, as a once Rangers man will be pretty p*ssed off with him for his lack of proffesionalism and the fact that he has now made a rod for his own back - he's basically told the referee that he is going to be taking bodies in this game!

Lighten up. I am sure the guy was having a laugh!

Hainan Hibs
29-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately when I read "I'm a Celtic boy" I automatically want him to lose his place in the team and hope the comments are taken in the worst possible way by (the St Johnstone manager and not Big Gus:greengrin)

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Just the journalist using the standard crib sheet. Football story yes/no. Obvious old firm angle..if yes write about it, if no try and invent one and write about it. Period.

Houchy
29-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately when I read "I'm a Celtic boy" I automatically want him to lose his place in the team and hope the comments are taken in the worst possible way by big Gus.

I don't think Gus Mcpherson has any sway over who plays for St Johnstone though, so I don't think the lad will be bothered his erchie what big gus thinks of his comments:wink::greengrin

Hainan Hibs
29-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't think Gus Mcpherson has any sway over who plays for St Johnstone though, so I don't think the lad will be bothered his erchie what big gus thinks of his comments:wink::greengrin

I hate Monday mornings:boo hoo::greengrin

Future17
29-03-2010, 10:59 AM

Brilliant phrase! I'm gonna use that in my next team talk! :greengrin