PDA

View Full Version : Is second place possible?

fatbloke
28-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Am I correct in saying that if we win our next 2 matches we are only 4 points behind the smellies?

Second spot anyone?

Hibbyradge
28-03-2010, 07:05 PM
every part of what you suggest is impossible, imo.

Nitten Hibee
28-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Am I correct in saying that if we win our next 2 matches we are only 4 points behind the smellies?

Second spot anyone?

behave yer self mate! :faf:

wish it would happen but dont see it

Sammy7nil
28-03-2010, 07:06 PM

Second spot anyone?

:faf::faf::faf:

Did you see the game yesterday ? and our current form more chance of 6th than 2nd.

fife hfc
28-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Christ lets just make sure we finish in the european places. celtic will win more games now and Utd look the favourites to win the race for 3rd. not being negative just realistic.

fatbloke
28-03-2010, 07:07 PM
every part of what you suggest is impossible, imo.

Yes but I live in a state of constant expectation and hope where Hibs are concerned.

Hibbyradge
28-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes but I live in a state of constant expectation and hope where Hibs are concerned.

As do I.

I expect Dundee United and Celtic to beat us at Easter Road within 4 days of each other.

I hope they don't.

Jim44
28-03-2010, 07:21 PM
:ostrich:.....maybe it's about time we had a green one of these. :greengrin

Nitten Hibee
28-03-2010, 07:24 PM

LTYF :agree:

Alfred E Newman
28-03-2010, 07:28 PM

Second spot anyone?

I think you shouldn`t have had that second bottle of wine with yer tea.

Hainan Hibs
28-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Never has the word "behave" been more appropriate.

J-C
28-03-2010, 07:32 PM
No.

Saorsa
28-03-2010, 07:34 PM

Second spot anyone?:faf:

The_Todd
28-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Possible but so unlikely it's not really worth thinking about it.

If it wasn't for Celtc having a rich benefactor who gifted them a £65k a week player they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford the answer would be very different IMO. Keane is the very player who makes the difference between comfortable 2nd and just scraping it - I would complain that it's unfair the Celtc can get a player like that they can't actually afford to pay, but when it comes to the Old Firm I'm used to unfair.

deek68
28-03-2010, 07:40 PM
We won't get second place but i think we can still get 3rd. I doubt we'll win our next two games but i also doubt we'll lose both...

I think we'll have 1,2 or 4 points more by this time next week.

I've really thought this through like..

Phil D. Rolls
28-03-2010, 08:10 PM
LTYF :agree:

I don't think that's right, having made the same myself mistake last week.

NOLA
28-03-2010, 08:25 PM

Second spot anyone?

not a chance IMO.

greenlex
28-03-2010, 08:30 PM
2nd - Possible but highly unlikely.
3rd - Possible but very unlikely.
4th - Possible but unlikely
5th - Possible and likely
6th - Possible but unlikely.
Hope this clears this up.

Spike Mandela
28-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Unlikely, but what if we did win the next two games:devil:

Part/Time Supporter
28-03-2010, 08:35 PM
2nd - Possible but highly unlikely.
3rd - Possible but very unlikely.
4th - Possible but unlikely
5th - Possible and likely
6th - Possible but unlikely.
Hope this clears this up.

Why the trembling in fear of a Motherwell side that Hibs have beaten twice comfortably and lost to once narrowly with 10 men?

:confused:

greenlex
28-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Why the trembling in fear of a Motherwell side that Hibs have beaten twice comfortably and lost to once narrowly with 10 men?

:confused:
We only play them once after the split though.
Its the others we cant beat. :wink:

fatbloke
28-03-2010, 08:47 PM
We only play them once after the split though.
Its the others we cant beat. :wink:

Now is the time to put that right.

TornadoHibby
28-03-2010, 09:04 PM
No! :cool2:

SRHibs
29-03-2010, 02:01 AM
No

Nitten Hibee
29-03-2010, 06:08 AM
I don't think that's right, having made the same myself mistake last week.

maybe a was a bit hasty in my judgement a had been oot for a few

crewetollhibee
29-03-2010, 06:56 AM

Second spot anyone?
Nut.

bighairyfaeleith
29-03-2010, 06:58 AM

Second spot anyone?

Are you christian nade in disguise
are you christian
are you christian
:wink:

sorry just seen your username

Keith_M
29-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Some things that are indeed possible....

1) I could win the Euro Millions on Friday

2) Bill Gates could get in touch and say he 'knew' my Mum and would really like to meet me.

3) Courtney Cox could turn up at my door tonight, wearing nothing but a Fur Coat and high heels and say 'hi Big Boy, I'm all yours'.

4) Jack Regan is the Grand Master of the Orange Lodge.

5) Corrie greens is of the RC religious persuasion.

6) Hibs could finish second in the league.

Though I wouldn't be willing to bet money on any of them.

Bad Martini
29-03-2010, 11:38 AM

1) I could win the Euro Millions on Friday

2) Bill Gates could get in touch and say he 'knew' my Mum and would really like to meet me.

3) Courtney Cox could turn up at my door tonight, wearing nothing but a Fur Coat and high heels and say 'hi Big Boy, I'm all yours'.

4) Jack Regan is the Grand Master of the Orange Lodge.

5) Corrie greens is of the RC religious persuasion.

6) Hibs could finish second in the league.

:greengrin ... vintage radgeness.

There's more chance of the jobby broon maroon ones filing a set of audited, water-tight and fit for inspection accounts than there is of us taking second place and indeed, possibly even 3rd place.

Back to the radgeness though; some of yer above points being possible would indeed be very amusing, if true :devil:

magnificent_seven
29-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Second spot anyone?

Yes, it is possible. Unlikely,but by all means possible, especially with the way Celtic are playing. Their form is not a kick off the arse away from ours. Why not dare to dream?

If only the players had your belief and positivity. You will just get shot down by the doom and gloom merchants on here. :tsk tsk:

down the slope
29-03-2010, 11:42 AM
No chance of second, just have a wee look at the highlights of the united and Motherwell match on the BBC website and see the difference, ok there were mistakes a plenty but some of the football was on a level way above we have been playing of late.

proud_and_green
29-03-2010, 01:11 PM

Second spot anyone?

Jeez, us Hibees classic cases of manic depressives - massive mood swings. One day its all horrible and we're doomed the next - what about the league?

Keith_M
29-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Back to the radgeness though; some of yer above points being possible would indeed be very amusing, if true :devil:

Spill it! What do you know?

--------
29-03-2010, 01:16 PM

Second spot anyone?

BIG IF....

:rolleyes:

Edit: just looked at the highlights from Tannadice.

We've NO chance.

hibiedude
29-03-2010, 02:02 PM

Second spot anyone?

There is No chance of 2nd spot and the Arabs are on fire right now and if we take anything off them mid-week that will be a great result.

4th or 5th sounds about right.

Danderhall Hibs
29-03-2010, 02:05 PM
There is No chance of 2nd spot and the Arabs are on fire right now and if we take anything off them mid-week that will be a great result.

4th or 5th sounds about right.

They drew 2-2 with Aberdeen last week. After being 2-0 up.

They're no world beaters.

hibiedude
29-03-2010, 02:24 PM
They drew 2-2 with Aberdeen last week. After being 2-0 up.

They're no world beaters.

Since then they have knocked Rangers out of the cup and beat the form team Motherwell with 10 men.

We have not been so lucky with our results Hearts/Ross County but we have beaten Falkirk.

I never said they were world beaters.

Danderhall Hibs
29-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Since then they have knocked Rangers out of the cup and beat the form team Motherwell with 10 men.

We have not been so lucky with our results Hearts/Ross County but we have beaten Falkirk.

I never said they were world beaters.

It was Rangers reserves and they only won after a goalie mistake. Motherwell is a fair enough result - especially with 10-men, although the Motherwell bubble was always going to burst.

There are loads of folk on this board that seem to think United are what we should be aspriring to be - they're 2 points ahead of us and we jump then if we beat them on Wednesday.

resident_Arab
29-03-2010, 02:39 PM
No chance of anyone but Celtic finishing 2nd

thread over :greengrin

HibbyAndy
29-03-2010, 02:48 PM

Second spot anyone?

:Ummm:

Deary deary me..

hibiedude
29-03-2010, 02:49 PM
It was Rangers reserves and they only won after a goalie mistake. Motherwell is a fair enough result - especially with 10-men, although the Motherwell bubble was always going to burst.

There are loads of folk on this board that seem to think United are what we should be aspriring to be - they're 2 points ahead of us and we jump then if we beat them on Wednesday.

United are the in form team so yes I want us to follow in there footsteps because if we do we must be in a purple patch. :wink:

The cup game with Rangers reserves was United at there very best and the best team won.

resident_Arab
29-03-2010, 02:53 PM
United are the in form team so yes I want us to follow in there footsteps because if we do we must be in a purple patch. :wink:

The cup game with Rangers reserves was United at there very best and the best team won.

It was actually

Understrength United 1-0 Understrength Rangers

Mickey Edwards
29-03-2010, 03:01 PM
The only time I have seen Utd is the 1-1 game at ER . I thought to myself that we were far superior but missed chances to bury the game when we were dominant {Riordan's skied 6 yd box halfvolley from Miller's snap cross being the obvious one}. Our pressing game was at its best that day. We dropped the tempo for about 15 mins, they got a bit more of the ball and we backed off enough for Webster to shoot {deflection-goal-sensation as Arthur Montford would have said}. We really shouldn't be aspiring to be anyone

Sudds_1
29-03-2010, 03:28 PM

Oh I don't know......last time I spoke to Bill he said you were a right Hibby Barsteward :wink::greengrin

resident_Arab
29-03-2010, 03:28 PM
The only time I have seen Utd is the 1-1 game at ER . I thought to myself that we were far superior but missed chances to bury the game when we were dominant {Riordan's skied 6 yd box halfvolley from Miller's snap cross being the obvious one}. Our pressing game was at its best that day. We dropped the tempo for about 15 mins, they got a bit more of the ball and we backed off enough for Webster to shoot {deflection-goal-sensation as Arthur Montford would have said}. We really shouldn't be aspiring to be anyone

In the aftermatch interview on arabzone Levein said of the first half performance "..so the whole thing was just..just...*****..just *****, it was"

We had you pinned in for long spells of the 2nd half though, enough to deserve the draw in the end.

Mickey Edwards
29-03-2010, 04:06 PM
In the aftermatch interview on arabzone Levein said of the first half performance "..so the whole thing was just..just...*****..just *****, it was"

We had you pinned in for long spells of the 2nd half though, enough to deserve the draw in the end.

we did make you ***** however with our pressing ; you weren't allowed to be any better than *****...........there was a 15 min spell in the 2nd half where you weren't ***** and that was only because we backed off you enough to allow you not to be *****. Our defence coped fine with the spell you had until Vasily Rats Webster had an unlikely pop at goal.
We were awesome that day and I remember thinking the battle for 3 rd could come down to our missed chances in the head to heads.........you should not have been allowed a look-in that game.

Sir David Gray
29-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Ask me at 3pm on Sunday if 2nd place is a possibility. If we have beaten Dundee Utd and Celtic by then, 2nd may well be on.

If, however, we don't win either of those games, we can forget about 2nd and if we get beat on Wednesday we might even have to forget about 3rd.

The way we have been playing of late, 4th would be good, 3rd would be fantastic and 2nd would be dreamland stuff.

Personally I still don't believe we'll finish anywhere near Celtic but I would be thrilled to be proved wrong.

resident_Arab
29-03-2010, 04:48 PM
we did make you ***** however with our pressing ; you weren't allowed to be any better than *****...........there was a 15 min spell in the 2nd half where you weren't ***** and that was only because we backed off you enough to allow you not to be *****. Our defence coped fine with the spell you had until Vasily Rats Webster had an unlikely pop at goal.
We were awesome that day and I remember thinking the battle for 3 rd could come down to our missed chances in the head to heads.........you should not have been allowed a look-in that game.

your excitement at your performance first half obviously led you to forget how dominant United were for about 30-35 minutes of the 2nd half :agree:

with regards the first half, a mix of Hibs playing really well and United just being ****.

fatbloke
29-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Jeez, us Hibees classic cases of manic depressives - massive mood swings. One day its all horrible and we're doomed the next - what about the league?

Aye that aboot sums me up - especially where Hibs are concerned.

TRC
29-03-2010, 11:30 PM
A simple word NO lets just finish above Hertz and not worry bout the rest

fatbloke
11-04-2010, 02:58 PM
A simple word NO lets just finish above Hertz and not worry bout the rest

I will try again 5th spot anyone?