PDA

View Full Version : New Owner

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Before someone says source,,,I wont give it!

Having not been on the message board for sometime this may have already been talked about...

However, if not then I can state first that there are possibly some announcements in the summer about Sir Tom stepping aside.

There are 2 options ,,one is good and one would be less inspiring.

Now I have put it in the domain perhaps one or two of our friends on here with close connections might want to confirm this!

HibbyAndy
28-03-2010, 06:14 PM
If one was less inspiring why would Hibs entertain this notion?

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 06:17 PM
If one was less inspiring why would Hibs entertain this notion?

Less inspiring to the fans...im not saying either is bad but one is less appealing to me...

No big suitors investing lots of cash,,,prudent but we need some investment on the park and in my option one of the options is less likley.

The_Todd
28-03-2010, 06:18 PM
STF would only sell to someone who demonstrated they were in it with Hibs best interests at heart. If we were to be sold I don't think it would be to any shady characters.

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 06:24 PM
STF would only sell to someone who demonstrated they were in it with Hibs best interests at heart. If we were to be sold I don't think it would be to any shady characters.

Neither are shady and one is already at ER....

greenlex
28-03-2010, 06:26 PM
So the unispiring one is Rod.

Petrie's Tache
28-03-2010, 06:26 PM
It is correct, I may by Hibs!:greengrin

Hamish
28-03-2010, 06:27 PM

Didn't realise Tam McC had that sort of money

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 06:32 PM
It is correct, I may by Hibs!:greengrin

Well you sold half your garden to someone to build a house so you know a good deal!!!

johnbc70
28-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Petrie could possibily pull together a consortium of some sort and buy out STF.

The other option, well I have no idea.....Pat Nevin?, did he not have a stint as Motherwell Chief Exec?

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Petrie could possibily pull together a consortium of some sort and buy out STF.

The other option, well I have no idea.....Pat Nevin?, did he not have a stint as Motherwell Chief Exec?

Everyone can guess option one.....the other option could involve people from the footballing community backed by investment...

silverhibee
28-03-2010, 06:39 PM
David Murray.

grunt
28-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Why don't you just tell us what you know instead of fannying around like this?

KerPlunk
28-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Blobby and Duff Jimmy are forming a consortium called BLUFF to make a bid for Hibs.

You heard it here first. :cool2:

bingo70
28-03-2010, 06:44 PM

:hilarious

bobbyhibs1983
28-03-2010, 06:48 PM
So the unispiring one is Rod.

shakes head, i hope your not talking bout rod petrie,dont you know the hibs.net motto?

if not its
"in rod we trust":agree:

HibbyAndy
28-03-2010, 06:49 PM
David Murray.

:agree:

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 06:50 PM

Because if I did then they would know who it came from!!!

If someone else puts it out like SilverHibee then perhaps its worth a punt...

I brought people to Hibs before and those of you who know who I am then its not him!!

MrSmith
28-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Intriguing!

If true, I would expect this because I've suspected for some time Rod and STF have been getting Hibs fit for purpose.

Mikey
28-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I brought people to Hibs before and those of you who know who I am then its not him!!

Thank god for that!

Wotherspiniesta
28-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Scott Lindsay?

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Intriguing!

If true, I would expect this because I've suspected for some time Rod and STF have been getting Hibs fit for purpose.

Qualification for Europe and the additional income from third place would be an added value to the price..of course a full stadium with season tickets for next year with a brand new stand!

bingo70
28-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Because if I did then they would know who it came from!!!

Can't remember what you call this type of company but did Petrie not say a while ago that the plan for when Farmer leaves hibs was us to be run by a committee which spends a penny less than we bring in rather than actually selling to an individual person?

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Thank god for that!

Mikey,,,but aleast the windows in the new stand would be cheaper and we could see games of rugby player at ER for additional income!

Petrie's Tache
28-03-2010, 06:58 PM
John Collins?

Mikey
28-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Mikey,,,but aleast the windows in the new stand would be cheaper and we could see games of rugby player at ER for additional income!

Is the pitch not bad enough? :greengrin

MrSmith
28-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Mr Ritchie

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Can't remember what you call this type of company but did Petrie not say a while ago that the plan for when Farmer leaves hibs was us to be run by a committee which spends a penny less than we bring in rather than actually selling to an individual person?

:top marks inside consortium would follow that,,,and would be based on profit,,which in fairness can be reinvested but the other side of that if it doesnt go well then there will be no additional investment in any playing staff unless players are sold..thats the downside..

hibsbollah
28-03-2010, 07:01 PM

Having not been on the message board for sometime this may have already been talked about...

However, if not then I can state first that there are possibly some announcements in the summer about Sir Tom stepping aside.

Now I have put it in the domain perhaps one or two of our friends on here with close connections might want to confirm this!

I can't believe there is a thread on here about boardroom matters, and its not about the yams:greengrin

hibsbollah
28-03-2010, 07:03 PM

:tee hee:

bingo70
28-03-2010, 07:04 PM
:top marks inside consortium would follow that,,,and would be based on profit,,which in fairness can be reinvested but the other side of that if it doesnt go well then there will be no additional investment in any playing staff unless players are sold..thats the downside..

So basically live within our means? I'd take that :agree:

was that the inspiring option or the not so inspiring one?

scoopyboy

Brian Kennedy

WHUHibs
Is the pitch not bad enough? :greengrin

Tried to convince them about a Desso pitch!

Www1875hfc
28-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Brian Kennedy?Is it kennedy that owns sale sharks?:dunno:

hibsbollah
28-03-2010, 07:14 PM

It better not be that Irish crooner, my Mum plays used to play his records all the time:grr:

Westie1875
28-03-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't want Sir Tom to sell to anyone tbh, I'm quite happy with things as they are.

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Nope

That door is closed.....and windows for that matter...

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 07:17 PM
It better not be that Irish crooner, my Mum plays used to play his records all the time:grr:

He has more chance that our former suitor...:greengrin

silverhibee
28-03-2010, 07:18 PM
:tee hee:

:tsk tsk: :greengrin

Spike Mandela
28-03-2010, 07:19 PM
If and when STF does decide to leave if the new person isn't some bigwig with massive investment behind him then I can think of no better person than Rod petrie to keep the forward momentum going for the club.

weonlywon6-2
28-03-2010, 07:21 PM

its no that romanov bloke is it ???

:bitchy::bitchy:

has he not just come into money?

grunt
28-03-2010, 07:24 PM

Certianly fits the op description of "less inspiring".

Www1875hfc
28-03-2010, 07:25 PM

:agree: What he said.
Or this thread could become so tedious.:yawn:

bingo70
28-03-2010, 07:28 PM
If and when STF does decide to leave if the new person isn't some bigwig with massive investment behind him then I can think of no better person than Rod petrie to keep the forward momentum going for the club.

tbh i wouldn't even want someone who could invest massive amounts of money, as much as it'd be exciting for a couple of seasons, sooner or later they'd want a return on the money and there just isn't enough money in the scottish game so we'd end up in the poo IMO.

I know it can be boring but i like it just the way it is, spending what we can afford to spend with the club at absolutely no risk yet still making massive strides towards improving the club for the long term while the majority of our competitors are going the other way

Jamesie
28-03-2010, 07:29 PM
I shudder to think about Rod Petrie and Sir Tom no longer being involved at Easter Road.

Prudence is the name of the game in this day and age and after what we witnessed prior to Sir Tom's involvement I would not be willing to take any risks with Hibs' stewardship ever again.

scoopyboy
28-03-2010, 07:31 PM
I shudder to think about Rod Petrie and Sir Tom no longer being involved at Easter Road.

Prudence is the name of the game in this day and age and after what we witnessed prior to Sir Tom's involvement I would not be willing to take any risks with Hibs' stewardship ever again.

me tae.

grunt
28-03-2010, 07:31 PM
I know it can be boring but i like it just the way it is, spending what we can afford to spend with the club at absolutely no risk yet still making massive strides towards improving the club for the long term while the majority of our competitors are going the other way

I agree with this.

DarlingtonHibee
28-03-2010, 07:37 PM

Not this bulls**t again.

I wish people would stop putting such cr*p on here re Hibs ownership.

The guy mentioned had his opportunity before - smoke and mirror's - the last thing we need.

So Russian Hibs - either put up with factual information, or stop seeking attention...

weonlywon6-2
28-03-2010, 07:40 PM
tbh i wouldn't even want someone who could invest massive amounts of money, as much as it'd be exciting for a couple of seasons, sooner or later they'd want a return on the money and there just isn't enough money in the scottish game so we'd end up in the poo IMO.

i wouldnt say no to someone with money coming in as long as they didnt pay silly wages for players who spent most of their time on the bench or out injured.

money hasnt improved hearts,they pay big wages but are mostly ordinary players

The_Todd
28-03-2010, 07:42 PM
If there was someone investing (big if, think this is all very unlikely) I'd rather it took the form of gradual growth and investment, ie instead of someone coming in a spending a shedload on instant success I'd rather someone who gradually increased spending on players and wages whilst slowly building a fanbase so we remained self-sufficient in the end.

It would also have be someone not in it for a new toy to play with who gets bored after one season of moderate success (like our nearest and dearest neighbours).

Still, I don't expect anyone to come in and invest - even though the SPL is a relatively cheap way for someone to invest and reach a European platform. It's just not really an attractive proposition to those with money to spend.

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 07:45 PM

:bitchy::bitchy:

has he not just come into money?

as he is writing off the Hertz debt he will have run out of roubles....

PapillonVert
28-03-2010, 07:48 PM

Oh, my giddy aunt! One has to ask, though:

Почему?

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Not this bulls**t again.

I wish people would stop putting such cr*p on here re Hibs ownership.

The guy mentioned had his opportunity before - smoke and mirror's - the last thing we need.

So Russian Hibs - either put up with factual information, or stop seeking attention...

I dont need attention I get enough from my wife,,,perhaps you might be seeking some,,,plenty of ladies doon leith for you...

If you think its crap,,then you have your opinion..perhaps its the city you live in,,,

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 07:49 PM
If there was someone investing (big if, think this is all very unlikely) I'd rather it took the form of gradual growth and investment, ie instead of someone coming in a spending a shedload on instant success I'd rather someone who gradually increased spending on players and wages whilst slowly building a fanbase so we remained self-sufficient in the end.

It would also have be someone not in it for a new toy to play with who gets bored after one season of moderate success (like our nearest and dearest neighbours).

Still, I don't expect anyone to come in and invest - even though the SPL is a relatively cheap way for someone to invest and reach a European platform. It's just not really an attractive proposition to those with money to spend.

It wont be big investment...

New Corrie
28-03-2010, 07:51 PM

Is that right? Who told you that? Very interesting.

Jamesie
28-03-2010, 07:53 PM
if someone else puts it out like silverhibee then perhaps its worth a punt...

oh, my giddy aunt! One has to ask, though:

Почему?

деньги?

DarlingtonHibee
28-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I dont need attention I get enough from my wife,,,perhaps you might be seeking some,,,plenty of ladies doon leith for you...

If you think its crap,,then you have your opinion..perhaps its the city you live in,,,
Can we start with some facts -

1. STF and Rod Petrie have done a superb job in sorting out the club since they took over - it was a mess, and STF will not want to sell and then be asked to sort it out again.

2. STF and Rod will only sell to a buyer that has the long term interest's of Hibs at the core of any proposed business plan.

3. Hibs are financially sound at present, so do not need to take ant risk's or additional debt.

So, I'll ask you one question only....

What substancial evidence do you have that STF is thinking of selling Hibernian Football club ?

weonlywon6-2
28-03-2010, 07:58 PM
as he is writing off the Hertz debt he will have run out of roubles....

thank goodness for that :wink:

New Corrie
28-03-2010, 08:00 PM

Please stop shuddering as the great STF is just another ruthless businessman who is holding all the cards, he's had his money back a million times out of Hibs, he's not a saviour, he's just a greedy man!

hibeemikey21
28-03-2010, 08:02 PM

Very much agree with this bit in bold. What people have to remember is that although we are viewed as a selling club, thus far it has all been a means to an end. For example, completion of our stadium and a top quality training complex.

Does anyone actually know how much we have spent on the East, West and East mains? Am i correct in thinking it might be around £15 million? If thats the case, for a club of our relatively modest size, to do that in such a short period of time, and emerge with no debt is remarkable given the state of modern football.

Now that these facilities have been built/are in the process of being built, i would not be surprised if we see a lot more investment on the park. After all, what more is there left for us to do with our surplus cash?!

Good times ahead methinks!! :thumbsup:

madabouthibs
28-03-2010, 08:04 PM
:confused: What a load of shecht this thread is!
In saying that, Garry O has been see na lot in Edinburgh recently...

PapillonVert
28-03-2010, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=PapillonVert;2407655][QUOTE=Russian Hibs;2407556]

деньги?

Хыбс? Деньи?

:faf::faf::faf:

Antifa Hibs
28-03-2010, 08:07 PM
So when this new business plan comes into place of spending 1p less then we make, we will always be in profit. So if we sold a player for £5m, that £5m will be re-invested into the squad..? Hmmmm I'll believe it when I see it!

Mikey
28-03-2010, 08:09 PM
So when this new business plan comes into place of spending 1p less then we make, we will always be in profit. So if we sold a player for £5m, that £5m will be re-invested into the squad..? Hmmmm I'll believe it when I see it!

What's going to happen to it otherwise?

weonlywon6-2
28-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Please stop shuddering as the great STF is just another ruthless businessman who is holding all the cards, he's had his money back a million times out of Hibs, he's not a saviour, he's just a greedy man!

wouldnt say he was greedy as he does and has done for many years given lots of money to charity, ruthless business man yes, greedy,no

bingo70
28-03-2010, 08:13 PM

Or they might use the money to allow us to reduce ticket prices or something like that, either way i'm 100% certain it'd be used to benefit the football club.

If we had a rich owner throwing money/debt at us for a short term thrill i wouldn't be so certain.

sauzee
28-03-2010, 08:13 PM
the "spl" and scottish football are bleeding to death,not a good business man worth his salt would invest,hibs may be in good financial health but they are part of a product that on the whole is very unhealthy and not worth the risk,clubs are finding it increasingly hard to find shirt sponsors let alone sugar daddies

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 08:14 PM

1. STF and Rod Petrie have done a superb job in sorting out the club since they took over - it was a mess, and STF will not want to sell and then be asked to sort it out again.

2. STF and Rod will only sell to a buyer that has the long term interest's of Hibs at the core of any proposed business plan.

3. Hibs are financially sound at present, so do not need to take ant risk's or additional debt.

What substancial evidence do you have that STF is thinking of selling Hibernian Football club ?

Hmmm,,,

Last board meeting...

bingo70
28-03-2010, 08:15 PM
the "spl" and scottish football are bleeding to death,not a good business man worth his salt would invest,hibs may be in good financial health but they are part of a product that on the whole is very unhealthy and not worth the risk,clubs are finding it increasingly hard to find shirt sponsors let alone sugar daddies

:agree:

and to add to that we're about to lose a european place as well so there'll be even less money in the scottish game

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 08:17 PM

Oh also my friend I dont need to justify myself,,simply stating something that could be checked by other people in the know,,,otherwise we wait until we see what the summer brings!

Antifa Hibs
28-03-2010, 08:17 PM

I'm assumming this consortium won't be doing it for the love..? Won't they be after a slice? Or do they get a set payout every season regardless of income...?

grunt
28-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Hmmm,,,

Last board meeting...

Ok, so you're telling us you have access to Board minutes?
God, this is so tedious.

New Corrie
28-03-2010, 08:24 PM
[/B]

wouldnt say he was greedy as he does and has done for many years given lots of money to charity, ruthless business man yes, greedy,no

Spare me please, let's try and look beyond that, why don't you ask anyone that's had dealings with the man how compassionate and charitable he is?

greenlex
28-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Thats just about where we are at the moment.

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Ok, so you're telling us you have access to Board minutes?
God, this is so tedious.

Listen mate,,,

I posted the information,..you can chose to believe or not,,up to you,,,

If its so tedious stop writing and go and watch a soap

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Spare me please, let's try and look beyond that, why don't you ask anyone that's had dealings with the man how compassionate and charitable he is?

Correct ,,having dealt with him many times he is not as charitable as some people think,,,not saying he is wrong,,profit is not a dirty word...myths are exactly that!

3pm
28-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Is it a man? Do they where glasses? Are they bald? Hibs.net 'Guess Who?' now in the shops. RRP £70.62.

sahib
28-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm assumming this consortium won't be doing it for the love..? Won't they be after a slice? Or do they get a set payout every season regardless of income...?

Exactly.
It all depends on how much they are going to pay themselves. Whoever takes over has got to put a half decent team on the pitch because if they don't the crowd will drop and so will their income. East Mains must be an nice little asset to get your hands on - if the club actually own it.

hibsway
28-03-2010, 08:43 PM
i thought his son or grandson was being groomed to take over from stf ?

Www1875hfc
28-03-2010, 08:45 PM
So, is it time for us fans to start waving our scarves and sing love the hibees hate ******?

If its good enough for man utd its good enough for hibs.:greengrin

3pm
28-03-2010, 08:48 PM
i thought his son or grandson was being groomed to take over from stf ?

A haircut or shave? New suit? :o)

Woody1985
28-03-2010, 08:50 PM

:top marks

Looking at the top 3 divisions in England there is a club in administration in each of them. No one is safe unless managed properly.

DarlingtonHibee
28-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Hmmm,,,

Last board meeting...

So you are stating that at the last board meeting the subject of HFC changing ownership was on the agenda ?

Tell you what, to protect your source, you email an administrator your fact's , and if you are correct I'll donate £100.00 to Hibs Kids, if you can't prove this was discussed at the last board meeting, you donate the money.

WindyMiller
28-03-2010, 08:55 PM

You're not seriously saying that Tom Farmer, unlike every other millionaire owner, has actually made millions from owning an SPL team? That would surely make him the greatest business man who's ever lived!

lEXO
28-03-2010, 08:59 PM
a three page thread of i spy really. if he knows something he should post it, instead of this nonsense.

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 08:59 PM
So you are stating that at the last board meeting the subject of HFC changing ownership was on the agenda ?

Tell you what, to protect your source, you email an administrator your fact's , and if you are correct I'll donate £100.00 to Hibs Kids, if you can't prove this was discussed at the last board meeting, you donate the money.

its been the subject since last summer,,,no I dont have the board minutes but that only leaves one option on how I know,,,

I am not going to say more and the administraor knows already!

I suggest you keep the money in your pocket and donate it in the summer.

Part/Time Supporter
28-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Pish. Utter.

The only money he's made out of Hibs is the interest on the loans he has provided to keep it from going under in at least two bad periods. Which he could have made more out of if invested in something else.

Well, apart from Prince Edward's TV production company, that is.

:cool2:

WHUHibs
28-03-2010, 09:01 PM
a three page thread of i spy really. if he knows something he should post it, instead of this nonsense.

People can say what they want,,,believe or not,,,read my orginal post,,,when someone else confirms more will become clear,,

I am sure people with brains will understand why it cannot come from just one person...

DarlingtonHibee
28-03-2010, 09:06 PM
its been the subject since last summer,,,no I dont have the board minutes but that only leaves one option on how I know,,,

So, you are indicating that a board memeber, or someone senior at the club has confided in you....

Fine, send your fact's to an administrator, I'll check with my club sources, and pay the money if you are correct. If not you can pay.

Mikey (Admin), can you liase on this ??

fatbloke
28-03-2010, 09:06 PM
[/B]

Ruthless? No - shrewd and successful yes.

Petrie's Tache
28-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Edited out

Yeah okay!:confused:

Westie1875
28-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Jeez, give the guy a break. If you don't believe him then fine, no need to have such a go at him.

lEXO
28-03-2010, 09:15 PM
People can say what they want,,,believe or not,,,read my orginal post,,,when someone else confirms more will become clear,,

I am sure people with brains will understand why it cannot come from just one person...
Or someone with brains would post what they know without giving away their source, instead of giving out cryptic clues.That does,nt take brains,it is like most of your replies on this, arrogant.

Mikey
28-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Jeez, give the guy a break. If you don't believe him then fine, no need to have such a go at him.

Indeed. We had the same with the East Stand thread recently.

bingo70
28-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Or someone with brains would post what they know without giving away their source, instead of giving out cryptic clues.That does,nt take brains,it is like most of your replies on this, arrogant.

Can't believe the stick the OP is getting for this.

He clearly knows something thats going on behind the scenes and has been good enough to let us know, obviously he's got to be carefull about how much info he can give out, would have thought that would have been obvious :confused:

IMO the best part of football forums like this is talking about speculation surrounding the club, until it's all done and dusted of course there won't be actual 'facts' to deal with.

Anyway that's enough sucking up, now geez a PM :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-03-2010, 09:28 PM

Mr Micawber ?

DarlingtonHibee
28-03-2010, 09:29 PM

He clearly knows something thats going on behind the scenes and has been good enough to let us know, obviously he's got to be carefull about how much info he can give out, would have thought that would have been obvious :confused:

IMO the best part of football forums like this is talking about speculation surrounding the club, until it's all done and dusted of course there won't be actual 'facts' to deal with.

Sorry, can't agree with that first paragraph.

He can PM in confidence to an administrator, who can advise of the fact's as required.

Hibernian Football Club is respected for dealing in fact's - not rumour's or worse....

I don't doubt Russian Hibs is a true Hibby, like us all, but I don't think these threads help anyone...

New Corrie
28-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Pish. Utter.

The only money he's made out of Hibs is the interest on the loans he has provided to keep it from going under in at least two bad periods. Which he could have made more out of if invested in something else.

Well, apart from Prince Edward's TV production company, that is.

:cool2:

Phecking Bollocks. the money realised from the real estate that he "inherited" would have kept Hibs afloat for years!!! add in the Millions made from the sale of players!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Well you sold half your garden to someone to build a house so you know a good deal!!!

and it's a better hoose too! :greengrin

whiskyhibby
28-03-2010, 09:37 PM

Absolutely!!

:applause::applause:

down-the-slope
28-03-2010, 09:37 PM

:agree: I agree with the sensible bugger

WindyMiller
28-03-2010, 09:41 PM

The OP has a bit of history
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=102319 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=102319)

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=103092 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=103092)

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=103373 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=103373)

down-the-slope
28-03-2010, 09:44 PM

Me - I can testify how he has personaly spent time on Edinburgh charity where he wanted no publicitly etc

Top bloke who is down to earth and has time for real people

Jonnyboy
28-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Less inspiring to the fans...im not saying either is bad but one is less appealing to me...

No big suitors investing lots of cash,,,prudent but we need some investment on the park and in my option one of the options is less likley.

Is one of them a 'high flyer' by any chance or would that be too easy?

New Corrie
28-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Me - I can testify how he has personaly spent time on Edinburgh charity where he wanted no publicitly etc

Well that rules him out as the "ruthless bully" that anyone who has had to work for him would have him portrayed. Please define real people?

down-the-slope
28-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Well that rules him out as the "ruthless bully" that anyone who has had to work for him would have him portrayed. Please define real people?

Sorry Real people was probably a poor choice of words. What I meant was ordinary people where there was no vested interest in him being generous with his time / contacts etc

PS. the bugger once took chips off my plate in the stairwell of BTG...as I had a beer in the other hand I could not defend my foodstuff :grr:

Part/Time Supporter
28-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Phecking Bollocks. the money realised from the real estate that he "inherited" would have kept Hibs afloat for years!!! add in the Millions made from the sale of players!

Which all went into the pockets of players, not him.

MussyHibby
28-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Russian Hibs...........remember me? Having just come in, and being slightly inebriated, I thought I'd read this. But then it bored me, so RH aka ??????? come on, I know who you are, spill the beans! You must be loving this, i remember a similar chat about oranges!:confused::confused:

IWasThere2016
28-03-2010, 10:25 PM
The completion of the East is the last major spend on the asset base, and I have said before that I though Hibs would be sold once the stand was built.

:agree: FWIW, I don't see RP taking on the risk. Hibs are his pension - he won't be taking chances with that ..

I certainly hope he is not involved also.

Mikey - no prudent business operates on the 'spend £1 more than we earn'. Most will create cash reserves to have the buffer from any downturn. I think this is a nonsense statement from the Board I don't believe it - we have loan debt to re-pay remember.

matty_f
28-03-2010, 10:29 PM
The completion of the East is the last major spend on the asset base, and I have said before that I though Hibs would be sold once the stand was built.

:agree: FWIW, I don't see RP taking on the risk. Hibs are his pension - he won't be taking chances with that ..

I certainly hope he is not involved also.

Mikey - no prudent business operates on the 'spend £1 more than we earn'. Most will create cash reserves to have the buffer from any downturn. I think this is a nonsense statement from the Board I don't believe it - we have loan debt to re-pay remember.

That's counted in the spend, Einstein.

And it's a pound less than we earn.

Big Frank
28-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Is it Mikey from Hibs.net:confused:

I back your bid Mikey:thumbsup:

Up the membership by a buck a skull:agree:

Westie1875
28-03-2010, 10:32 PM

I think the point he was trying to make is that the money all goes back into Hibs, be that debts, the team or the infrastructure. Much as some would like to believe it, no-one is siphoning cash out of the club on the sly.

Kaiser1962
28-03-2010, 10:37 PM

Why does everyone use the word "investment" when saying we need new players. Not having a pop RH cos everyone does it but an "investment" would suggest that you get a return on your money when that is undoubtedly and definitely not the case. Any money spent on the team has to be carefully considered as it would be dicing with our very future. I do hope STF and the Rodster are around for years to come.

hibee_nation
28-03-2010, 10:45 PM

I get the feeling somewhere along the line STF has firmly kicked you up the arse. What did you do wrong fit a Goodyear when you were supposed to fit some Romanian rubbish. :bye:

Beefster
28-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Your information may well be spot on but you've been reading/listening to Keith Jackson too much.

Hainan Hibs
28-03-2010, 10:50 PM
This really could move Hibs onto the next level.

We could get a brand new £51 million stand, a couple of world cup stars, challenge the Old Firm, gain entry to the Champions League, become champions of Europe within 5 years, eventually ruling the world, never losing 5-0 to any team, talk about world class managers and players joining the new force of Scottish football, declare 2nd spot and the cup as a disappointment....

Wait a minute....

Kaiser1962
28-03-2010, 10:54 PM

Farmer has always said that he would stand aside if someone with the resources or/and ability to take Hibs "safely" forward showed interest. He has always made it clear he has little or no interest in football but his judgment has served this club well over the last 20 years or whatever it is There may be someone on the horizon, maybe not but I'm pretty sure whoever it is is going to make next to nothing moneywise, I saw someone mention JC so I am going to text him, just in case.:cool2:

Jonnyboy
28-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Russian Hibs...........remember me? Having just come in, and being slightly inebriated, I thought I'd read this. But then it bored me, so RH aka ??????? come on, I know who you are, spill the beans! You must be loving this, i remember a similar chat about oranges!:confused::confused:

Me too :wink:

oldbutdim
28-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Me too :wink:

It's not me is it?
:confused:

MSK
29-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Is it Mikey from Hibs.net:confused:

I back your bid Mikey:thumbsup:

Up the membership by a buck a skull:agree:He has made plenty dosh from all the birthday cards he got yest ...:greengrin

crewetollhibee
29-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Just a thought, but is anybody privy to any will arrangements made by STF re Hibs ? Would hate to think that we could be a heartbeat away from god-knows-what !!

truehibernian
29-03-2010, 02:28 AM
I know for 100% fact that Sir Tom is not stepping aside and there are no plans to have any new owner/major shareholder.........100% fact my Hibee chums and chumettes :agree: RP is indeed thinking about moving aside however that will not have any effect on the status quo.....worry not, and just worry about the fitba on the pitch.........whoever is claiming to have a "source" is totally wrong......trust me ! :wink:

GreenCastle
29-03-2010, 02:41 AM
Just a thought, but is anybody privy to any will arrangements made by STF re Hibs ? Would hate to think that we could be a heartbeat away from god-knows-what !!

What I have been told is that his son is more of a football person and a die hard hibee.

Can anyone confirm?

truehibernian
29-03-2010, 02:49 AM
What I have been told is that his son is more of a football person and a die hard hibee.

Can anyone confirm?

Could be..........as Hong Kong Fooey might say. I know that this thread can well and truly be put to bed though. Utter nonsense in the nicest possible way :agree:

IWasThere2016
29-03-2010, 05:44 AM

Spot on! If the thread's annoying anyone they don't have to read it! :agree:

IWasThere2016
29-03-2010, 05:52 AM
I think the point he was trying to make is that the money all goes back into Hibs, be that debts, the team or the infrastructure. Much as some would like to believe it, no-one is siphoning cash out of the club on the sly.

I'm sure there's no siphoning but our Board's remuneration as a % of turnover is a scandal. They are very good to themselves :wink:

Beefster
29-03-2010, 05:59 AM

I know for 100% fact that Sir Tom is not stepping aside and there are no plans to have any new owner/major shareholder.........100% fact my Hibee chums and chumettes :agree: RP is indeed thinking about moving aside however that will not have any effect on the status quo.....worry not, and just worry about the fitba on the pitch.........whoever is claiming to have a "source" is totally wrong......trust me ! :wink:

I couldn't see this coming at all.......

So whose source is a real person with real fingers and all?

Kaiser1962
29-03-2010, 06:33 AM
I'm sure there's no siphoning but our Board's remuneration as a % of turnover is a scandal. They are very good to themselves :wink:

I'm sure thats correct TQM and I am not looking for a fight here. But I, not as informed as others, believe they are doing a good job and have the club on a sound footing certainly compared to our peers.

However it would also appear to me that administration seems to be no great hardship so it makes you wonder if it's worthwhile running a club like we do. What I mean is others go zillions of quid in debt, pay players (and themselves) way over what is affordable, bump all the local companies (that may cost local jobs) for god knows how much. Then apologise profusely, take a nine point penalty, and start again with a clean slate only a mere 3 wins worse of. OK you may get relegated but it hardly seems fair particularly on teams that have been run in responsible fashion, or to those whose businesses depend on the income.

Hibbyradge
29-03-2010, 06:42 AM
I can't see why folk are getting so animated about this.

A new owner? Big wows.

Sure, I'll be interested to see who it is if and when it happens, but it's not like we've got a Saudi Arabian oil magnate knocking the door down to invest squillions in our happy little club. Or even a Lithuanian/Russian crook wanting to launder a big bunch of cash.

No, it's Rod Petrie or another fairly low key figure who will be a safe pair of hands.

A bit like getting a new board member really.

And if Russian Hibs is wrong, deliberately or otherwise? It's happened before on here, you know.

So deep breath, exhale and relax.

Happy Monday!

bighairyfaeleith
29-03-2010, 06:50 AM
anyone heard who won the euromillions on friday :wink:

oh aye and lay off the op, christ it's just a rumour, if it's true then fair enough and if not then what harm has been done????

Iain G
29-03-2010, 06:54 AM

What, really, you can turn yourself into a fly at the drop of a hat and regularly do to get into the boardroom of various SPL clubs to get this firsthand information that you then can't tell us??? :confused::greengrin

FWIW I'm glad Brian Kennedy never got his hands on Hibs judging by the not exactly positive effect his ownership had on Stockport...

noseyhibby
29-03-2010, 08:00 AM

I wholeheartedly agree. The very thought has already got me worried. There are too many fly-by-night dodgy characters taking clubs to the edge of extinction through sheer greed and speculation, seemingly devoid of any business acumen. I would like Hibs to remain one of the best, if not the best, run football clubs in Britain. The thought of a Tynecastle situation is the stuff of nightmares.:bitchy:

Houchy
29-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Is it 50 cent?:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
29-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Is it 50 cent?:greengrin

Petrie would have 50cent straight in his pocket:wink:

Keith_M
29-03-2010, 08:22 AM
I heard it was a very 'prudent' Raith Rovers fan who'll soon be looking for another job.....

:wink:

machibby
29-03-2010, 08:34 AM

Can anyone confirm?

Don't think so. I went to school with him (long time ago now though) and he was a mad keen...........squash fanatic. After school he set up a business taking stresses southern business types up into the highlands for stress busting outdoor pursuits and team building ( maybe he could take the squad on a trip). He was very determined back then not to just go into the family business.

Scooter
29-03-2010, 09:33 AM
i heard a while ago well over a year ago that STF would sell after the east stand is complete. and the guy with the pubs was the man (cant remember his name) to take over. i even posted on here is anyone wants to check

Iain G
29-03-2010, 09:50 AM
i heard a while ago well over a year ago that STF would sell after the east stand is complete. and the guy with the pubs was the man (cant remember his name) to take over. i even posted on here is anyone wants to check

JD Weatherspoon?? :confused::wink:

GloryGlory
29-03-2010, 10:07 AM

Kevin Doyle?

Scooter
29-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Kevin Doyle?

That sounds familiar

Jack
29-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Oh also my friend I dont need to justify myself,,simply stating something that could be checked by other people in the know,,,otherwise we wait until we see what the summer brings!

See that’s where your wrong. You do have to justify yourself.

You have a history of making similar statements on this site and to make these claims again (and again and again) with even less credence than previous [obviously not] ‘in the know’ [as much as you think you are] statements means you do have to justify or substantiate your statements or they will be considered as much bull***** as the previous misleading threads.

Take your ball home, its burst anyway. :bye:

Danderhall Hibs
29-03-2010, 11:18 AM

I can't see an answer to this?

I get the feeling somewhere along the line STF has firmly kicked you up the arse. What did you do wrong fit a Goodyear when you were supposed to fit some Romanian rubbish. :bye:

:thumbsup:

Bad Martini
29-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I heard the Sultan of the Broooooooooneye, is in fact, a dyed in the wool Hibby. His lifelong dream was to spend "one hundred million quid" in one afternoon.

So, I have it on good authority he's heading right doon Albion Road as we speak with a cheque book in one hand and a copy of Lugton's book in the other. After he nabs his stakebake fi Greggs, I have it on uber-water-tight authority he'll swagger right into el Rodo's office, tell the big man to "bugger off oot ma seat" and proceed to whack the cheque to the tache advising him to clear his desk and take the tyre fitter wi ye.

This, is what i heard. Honest, I did.

Source: the internet - source of ALL facts, truth and radge rumours.

ENDOF

P.S. When he's done, I hear he's buying over some manky load of erses fi Govan, renaming them St Patricks United of Glasgow, altering the colours to green and white and signing everyone with a Mc in their surname for first team places (APART from McCoist)....simples :thumbsup::thumbsup:

MyJo
29-03-2010, 11:52 AM

:faf:

Ok i admit it.......i wrote to Jimmy Saville and asked him to fix it for me to be the new owner of Hibs, its a done deal :agree:

--------
29-03-2010, 12:08 PM
I heard the Sultan of the Broooooooooneye, is in fact, a dyed in the wool Hibby. His lifelong dream was to spend "one hundred million quid" in one afternoon.

So, I have it on good authority he's heading right doon Albion Road as we speak with a cheque book in one hand and a copy of Lugton's book in the other. After he nabs his stakebake fi Greggs, I have it on uber-water-tight authority he'll swagger right into el Rodo's office, tell the big man to "bugger off oot ma seat" and proceed to whack the cheque to the tache advising him to clear his desk and take the tyre fitter wi ye.

This, is what i heard. Honest, I did.

Source: the internet - source of ALL facts, truth and radge rumours.

ENDOF

P.S. When he's done, I hear he's buying over some manky load of erses fi Govan, renaming them St Patricks United of Glasgow, altering the colours to green and white and signing everyone with a Mc in their surname for first team places (APART from McCoist)....simples :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:agree: I can confirm this.

The wee lassie that works in Coatbridge Greggs' told me the self-same thing when I went in for my morning steakbake today.

She got it from her best friend, Abrianna Norabelle McClavertie, who comes from Bellshill.

So it MUST be true.

And DON'T say I dinnae quote ma sources, OK? :devil:

Did you all know that the wife of the Sultan of Broooooooneye is a sultana?

Getting up in years, so I'm told, but very well-preserved. :wink:

Hibs On Tour
29-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Farmer has always said that he would stand aside if someone with the resources or/and ability to take Hibs "safely" forward showed interest. He has always made it clear he has little or no interest in football but his judgment has served this club well over the last 20 years or whatever it is There may be someone on the horizon, maybe not but I'm pretty sure whoever it is is going to make next to nothing moneywise, I saw someone mention JC so I am going to text him, just in case.:cool2:

How connected are you? The son of God's mobile number? ****! :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
29-03-2010, 12:26 PM
I can't see why folk are getting so animated about this.

A new owner? Big wows.

Sure, I'll be interested to see who it is if and when it happens, but it's not like we've got a Saudi Arabian oil magnate knocking the door down to invest squillions in our happy little club. Or even a Lithuanian/Russian crook wanting to launder a big bunch of cash.

No, it's Rod Petrie or another fairly low key figure who will be a safe pair of hands.

A bit like getting a new board member really.

And if Russian Hibs is wrong, deliberately or otherwise? It's happened before on here, you know.

So deep breath, exhale and relax.

Happy Monday!

Ah'm a Saudi oil magnate! And so is ma wife!

This thread is ****in' teckle! :faf:

jgl07
29-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Shark is an appropriate name for Mr Kennedy.

Ask any Stockport County supporter.

CraigHibee
29-03-2010, 02:44 PM

Brian Kennedy?

has he not made enquiries before?

Vini1875
29-03-2010, 02:57 PM

Any facts to back that up? You hear hearts fans go on and on about how much Farmer and Petrie have pocketed from the club, but I have yet to see any evidence of financial jiggery pokerry.

As far as a million times goes, behave yourself.

I know he has lent us money which we paid back with a small amount of interest, which is fair enough to my mind.

Lofarl
29-03-2010, 03:08 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/attachment.php?attachmentid=5583&stc=1&d=1269875281 (http://www.hibs.net/message/attachment.php?attachmentid=5583&stc=1&d=1269875281)

Jonnyboy
29-03-2010, 03:44 PM

It's not me is it?
:confused:

Nope and it's not me either :greengrin

David@EasterRoad
29-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Consortium of ex players led by garry o'connor.

Jack
29-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Consortium of ex players led by garry o'connor.

That would be another first for Hibs / a great idea! :thumbsup:

Who would be the manager / chairman? :devil:

Hibercelona
29-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Grant Stott?

hibsboy90
29-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Grant Stott?
:faf: Disc Jockey buys hibs....

KerPlunk
29-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Kevin Doyle?

Is that the same Kevin Doyle who allegedly sold his shares to Wallets Mercer back in the day ?

:devil:

Caversham Green
29-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Any facts to back that up? You hear hearts fans go on and on about how much Farmer and Petrie have pocketed from the club, but I have yet to see any evidence of financial jiggery pokerry.

As far as a million times goes, behave yourself.

I know he has lent us money which we paid back with a small amount of interest, which is fair enough to my mind.

The boy's talking ballacks mate. In cash terms STF is several million down from his dealings with Hibs (and I do have facts to back that up). In return he has something like an 88% stake in a club that's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If he sells he will get that back and probably a bit more, but that will have absolutely no effect on the club's financial position. As for the million times comment, that represents more money than is in the whole of Scottish football, if anyone has managed to get that out of Hibs he deserves every penny.

wee 162
29-03-2010, 05:06 PM
The boy's talking ballacks mate. In cash terms STF is several million down from his dealings with Hibs (and I do have facts to back that up). In return he has something like an 88% stake in a club that's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If he sells he will get that back and probably a bit more, but that will have absolutely no effect on the club's financial position. As for the million times comment, that represents more money than is in the whole of Scottish football, if anyone has managed to get that out of Hibs he deserves every penny.
I would be very interested in someone showing me the figures which says Tom Farmer has put a single penny into Hibs? There's been loans, which have now been repaid afaik?

Which I'm fine with as it happens.

Mikey
29-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I would be very interested in someone showing me the figures which says Tom Farmer has put a single penny into Hibs? There's been loans, which have now been repaid afaik?

CLICK HERE (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=135671)

Kaiser1962
29-03-2010, 05:09 PM

Which is exactly the same position as everybody else that has owned, or currently owns, a football club in Scotland, or elsewhere for that matter.

Lets see... David Murray, Eddie Thompson, Stewart Milne God knows how many at Dundee or Livi, Geoff Brown, John Boyle, that erse Robinson lost an absolute fortune at the yams. The only people i can think of who have perhaps made money in the last 30 years are wee Fergus at the soapdodgers and Mad Vlad doon the road. The position outside scotland is even worse and unsustainable in the long run, Billionaires only need apply.

weonlywon6-2
29-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Ruthless? No - shrewd and successful yes.

is that no the same really ???:greengrin:greengrin

Caversham Green
29-03-2010, 05:31 PM

Through his companies STF bought ER from Hibs for £1.4m, spent £8m on rebuilding the end stands and sold the ground back for £2.5m in cash plus £3.5m worth of shares (which is similar in nature to Vlad's debt for equity arrangements and simply represents investment in the club).

In 2003 a loan of £5,760,000 from HFC Holdings Ltd (owned 90% by STF) was written off. This was offset in HFC's books by a £5m preference share issue to Morston Securities Ltd (a STF company) which will only produce a dividend if HFC sell the club and will only be recouped if HFC wind up while solvent.

I make that somewhere in excess of £12m net that STF (or his companies for the pedants) has put into the club, in return he has had some interest paid on the loans over the years - I haven't totted up how much, but I can assure you it's nowhere near that amount.

All of this is verifiable from the relevant companies' accounts, audited by KPMG.

hibee_nation
29-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Through his companies STF bought ER from Hibs for £1.4m, spent £8m on rebuilding the end stands and sold the ground back for £2.5m in cash plus £3.5m worth of shares (which is similar in nature to Vlad's debt for equity arrangements and simply represents investment in the club).

In 2003 a loan of £5,760,000 from HFC Holdings Ltd (owned 90% by STF) was written off. This was offset in HFC's books by a £5m preference share issue to Morston Securities Ltd (a STF company) which will only produce a dividend if HFC sell the club and will only be recouped if HFC wind up while solvent.

I make that somewhere in excess of £12m net that STF (or his companies for the pedants) has put into the club, in return he has had some interest paid on the loans over the years - I haven't totted up how much, but I can assure you it's nowhere near that amount.

All of this is verifiable from the relevant companies' accounts, audited by KPMG.

One day if we keep repeating this, people will finally come to the conclusion that STF aint ripped us off. Then again maybe not. :dizzy:

Bostonhibby
29-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Is it a man? Do they where glasses? Are they bald? Hibs.net 'Guess Who?' now in the shops. RRP £70.62.

Professor Plum (Mr Romanov) in the kitchen with the spanner :bye: pointless thread IMO

Caversham Green
29-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Which is exactly the same position as everybody else that has owned, or currently owns, a football club in Scotland, or elsewhere for that matter.

Lets see... David Murray, Eddie Thompson, Stewart Milne God knows how many at Dundee or Livi, Geoff Brown, John Boyle, that erse Robinson lost an absolute fortune at the yams. The only people i can think of who have perhaps made money in the last 30 years are wee Fergus at the soapdodgers and Mad Vlad doon the road. The position outside scotland is even worse and unsustainable in the long run, Billionaires only need apply.

Correct, but I was addressing the point that STF has had his money back "a million times" - which is patently nonsense.

wee 162
29-03-2010, 05:51 PM

Okay, but if I'm reading this right there's also the matter of the £9m from the car park yes? I'd accept that was not technically Hibs land and was owned seperately from the club, but in PR terms it would have been pretty tough to sell that one when the club was in fairly serious bother financially.

CropleyWasGod
29-03-2010, 05:51 PM
One day if we keep repeating this, people will finally come to the conclusion that STF aint ripped us off. Then again maybe not. :dizzy:

Then again, those of us who look at the facts and figures will have been at that conclusion for a long time.

Eaststand
29-03-2010, 05:52 PM

:top marksand if only the critics knew some of the less publicised charity donations that STF gives, they'd realise what being a Leither and also the Church means to him.

Kaiser1962
29-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Correct, but I was addressing the point that STF has had his money back "a million times" - which is patently nonsense.

I was trying to agree with you in my own cumbersome way :greengrin

PaulSmith
29-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Okay, but if I'm reading this right there's also the matter of the £9m from the car park yes? I'd accept that was not technically Hibs land and was owned seperately from the club, but in PR terms it would have been pretty tough to sell that one when the club was in fairly serious bother financially.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=135671

rather than posting all again about STF have a read here

hibee_nation
29-03-2010, 06:07 PM

Quite right that car park sale has been a real grey area, glad you brought that one up again. :yawn:

hibee_nation
29-03-2010, 06:08 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=135671

rather than posting all again about STF have a read here

Spoilsport :greengrin

Caversham Green
29-03-2010, 06:30 PM
I was trying to agree with you in my own cumbersome way :greengrin

Sorry, I didn 't mean that to come over as snippy as it did. You've raised a good question though - why would anyone pay good money for an SPL club when all those people have lost all that money in them?

Caversham Green
29-03-2010, 06:33 PM

Answers re the car park above, but the bottom line is that the club got a stadium that cost £8m to build for £2.5m.

WHUHibs
29-03-2010, 06:52 PM
See that’s where your wrong. You do have to justify yourself.

You have a history of making similar statements on this site and to make these claims again (and again and again) with even less credence than previous [obviously not] ‘in the know’ [as much as you think you are] statements means you do have to justify or substantiate your statements or they will be considered as much bull***** as the previous misleading threads.

Take your ball home, its burst anyway. :bye:

Its people like you that are happy to be a non descript poster. Of course information posted with good intentions on messages boards do not always materialise. I dont have to justify myself to you or anyone else. You either want some creedence to a story or not. I did ask in my opening post if some other people could confirm or not. If no-one comes forward then so be it...

My track record on postings ....well there are a lot of people with opinions and postings that did not happen despite information that you come across...but what is not up for debate is that I brought a Blackburn director to meet the Hibs board for investments in the 90s....I also brought Kennedy to provide discussions on a 4 million pound investment. The custodians of the club chose that they should not go that route and that is now history. Either investment could have been right but then again they may not have been.

Sir Tom and his advisors rejected both approaches for the capital share investment and it is now history.

If you have been involved in those circles of investment then you can critisise...I am just a Hibby who wants the best for the club and have a season ticket for me and my family. We also go home and away and like every other supporter just want us to do well.

I know that there have been discussions on investment and a change of shareholding. This may or may not happen in the summer but I am 95% sure there will be an announcement of change in the summer.

So you can stop having a go at me and allow a message board to be a discussion board with opinions, ideas, rumours and information etc.

If I am not in the in crowd yet want to post something of value that promotes discussion then I will not be frightened to do so...

marinello59
29-03-2010, 06:56 PM
...but what is not up for debate is that I brought a Blackburn director to meet the Hibs board for investments in the 90s....I also brought Kennedy to provide discussions on a 4 million pound investment.

Do you drive a taxi then?:confused:

Beefster
29-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Its people like you that are happy to be a non descript poster. Of course information posted with good intentions on messages boards do not always materialise. I dont have to justify myself to you or anyone else. You either want some creedence to a story or not. I did ask in my opening post if some other people could confirm or not. If no-one comes forward then so be it...

My track record on postings ....well there are a lot of people with opinions and postings that did not happen despite information that you come across...but what is not up for debate is that I brought a Blackburn director to meet the Hibs board for investments in the 90s....I also brought Kennedy to provide discussions on a 4 million pound investment. The custodians of the club chose that they should not go that route and that is now history. Either investment could have been right but then again they may not have been.

Sir Tom and his advisors rejected both approaches for the capital share investment and it is now history.

If you have been involved in those circles of investment then you can critisise...I am just a Hibby who wants the best for the club and have a season ticket for me and my family. We also go home and away and like every other supporter just want us to do well.

I know that there have been discussions on investment and a change of shareholding. This may or may not happen in the summer but I am 95% sure there will be an announcement of change in the summer.

So you can stop having a go at me and allow a message board to be a discussion board with opinions, ideas, rumours and information etc.

If I am not in the in crowd yet want to post something of value that promotes discussion then I will not be frightened to do so...

The finest blowing of one's own trumpet that I've seen in many a moon.

PS By talking about 'non-descript' posters, are you admitting that you post for attention?

McIntosh
29-03-2010, 07:47 PM
I also brought Kennedy to provide discussions on a 4 million pound investment.

I wouldn't boast about that, that was a lucky escape for Hibs. After losing £4m, Brian Kennedy handed ownership of Stockport County to the Supporters Trust but then walked away with ownership of the ground. There have been many enquires to buy the club but all have been declined I cannot imagine STF will hand over the club to anyone or anything but a Trust with charitable status.

Keith_M
29-03-2010, 08:14 PM

Sorry but that part's not correct. In an attempt to diffuse over the top criticism from Hibs fans (nothing new there then), that was the original figure released. However, Hibs had to retract the statement when it was pointed out that half of the money for the stands was from the Football Trust (or equivalent at the time). If your other figures are correct, that means he spent 5.4M and received cash and shares to the value of 6M, a net gain of 0.6M.

I'm not saying that Farmer hasn't been good for Hibs, i just wanted to point out an inaccuracy before it was seized on by his detractors.

Caversham Green
29-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Sorry but that part's not correct. In an attempt to diffuse over the top criticism from Hibs fans (nothing new there then), that was the original figure released. However, Hibs had to retract the statement when it was pointed out that half of the money for the stands was from the Football Trust (or equivalent at the time). If your other figures are correct, that means he spent 5.4M and received cash and shares to the value of 6M, a net gain of 0.6M.

I'm not saying that Farmer hasn't been good for Hibs, i just wanted to point out an inaccuracy before it was seized on by his detractors.

The cost of £8m was in the HFC accounts IIRC. The point about shares is that they are a non-recoverable investment - i.e. the £3.5m will not be repaid - so they represent money put into the club by STF (or his company). Furthermore, since he already effectively owned the club, they were of little value in his hands. The bottom line remains that the club got an £8m stadium for £2.5m cash - although they might have got it cheaper than £8m if they had been in a position to do the rebuild themselves and what you say about the Football Trust is correct.

Jack
30-03-2010, 08:26 AM

I post under my real name and my location is set at the pubs .netters (and Bouncers) can find me before and after the games and at other times too. And they have! And we have shared wonderful discussions, about all things Hibs and other things and some picking me up where I have maybe eluded to ‘questionable’ information posted on the net. So unremarkable and uninteresting I may be but at least I can fully justify anything I write.

That as opposed to someone hiding behind a made up name somewhere in 270 square miles of East Lothian who isn’t prepared to justify anything!

So if I’m non descript you must be suggesting you are the special one? But hold on!

Your track record on postings, your right you do have a history of advertising confidential negotiations that may, or may not, have happened. We don’t hear about them officially because they didn’t come to pass, or didn't happen, and most people on here, it seems, have made up their minds on that.

As for just wanting the best for Hibs; IMO bringing Kennedy to Hibs is on a par with Screaming Lord Foulkes introducing Romanov to Hearts. While your thinly veiled attacks on the current board, in previous threads and possibly undermining current discussions by posting on a public board, does make me wonder. If you have been involved in those circles of investment I’m sure you will be well aware of how important discretion is. But then again maybe not.

You say this is a discussion board with opinions, ideas, rumours and information etc.. Well now, after discussion, you have my opinion about your current rumour and the information you have provided now and in the past.

WHUHibs
30-03-2010, 11:50 AM
The finest blowing of one's own trumpet that I've seen in many a moon.

PS By talking about 'non-descript' posters, are you admitting that you post for attention?

oops sorry another incrowd:yawn: person,,

marinello59
30-03-2010, 11:52 AM

So anybody that questions your uncorroborated story is part of the 'incrowd'. Behave yourself, debate is healthy, of course people are going to question this.

Beefster
30-03-2010, 12:27 PM

Gah, defeated again by a superior wit and debating skills.

Before you beat me into utter submission, here's my take: you love folk thinking that you're 'in the know' (that much is clear from the chat about 'non-descript posters' and the 'I can state before anyone else' tabloidese) but in reality, it's all based on wishful thinking and covered in 'maybe, could be, might not' caveats to cover your erse when it doesn't happen.

As for being in the 'in-crowd', apart from contributing towards the running costs of the site in an extremely minor way, I'm likely considered an opinionated prick by more than any that consider me a valuable contributor. In-crowd, I'm not.

Jonnyboy
30-03-2010, 02:39 PM

Very mature - NOT

Hibs On Tour
30-03-2010, 10:45 PM

Before you beat me into utter submission, here's my take: you love folk thinking that you're 'in the know' (that much is clear from the chat about 'non-descript posters' and the 'I can state before anyone else' tabloidese) but in reality, it's all based on wishful thinking and covered in 'maybe, could be, might not' caveats to cover your erse when it doesn't happen.

As for being in the 'in-crowd', apart from contributing towards the running costs of the site in an extremely minor way, I'm likely considered an opinionated prick by more than any that consider me a valuable contributor. In-crowd, I'm not.

Can't you leave me with anything to call my own? :greengrin

Bad Martini
30-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Farmer was minted before he got involved in the thankless madness and less than easy way to make a tiny/minute/unguaranteed and modest profit after many years, at best, that is Hibs.

WHYYYYYYYYYY, bother???

There's far easier ways to make money when a portion of the support thinks yer nothing more than a mercenary and have no gratitude at all when (even if said owner WAS a mercenary) the alternative would have been nae club to talk off, save for Edinburgh Utd.

This one isny complicated. Farmer could have made much more, for much less aggro, and probably much mair thanks. Why bother ripping off a small(er) club from Leith when he could make gazillions more with less grief elsewhere :confused:

Im sure he has a hobby of being a masocist given the pain he seems to inflict on himself with the sheite some folk spout aboot his alterior motives with Hibs.

IWasThere2016
30-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Farmer was minted before he got involved in the thankless madness and less than easy way to make a tiny/minute/unguaranteed and modest profit after many years, at best, that is Hibs.

WHYYYYYYYYYY, bother???

There's far easier ways to make money when a portion of the support thinks yer nothing more than a mercenary and have no gratitude at all when (even if said owner WAS a mercenary) the alternative would have been nae club to talk off, save for Edinburgh Utd.

This one isny complicated. Farmer could have made much more, for much less aggro, and probably much mair thanks. Why bother ripping off a small(er) club from Leith when he could make gazillions more with less grief elsewhere :confused:

Im sure he has a hobby of being a masocist given the pain he seems to inflict on himself with the sheite some folk spout aboot his alterior motives with Hibs.

Personally, I couldnae care if STF sold Hibs and made a £100m .. As we know he wouldn't do so without guarantees over Hibs' long term sustainability.

We wouldnae be here without the man! And I for one will forever be grateful to him for this.

HIBERNIALEITH
31-03-2010, 12:52 AM

WHYYYYYYYYYY, bother???

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!! Thank you! :agree:

wee 162
31-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Answers re the car park above, but the bottom line is that the club got a stadium that cost £8m to build for £2.5m.

And the holding entity that Hibs (the company) took the stadium over from was/is financially solvent to the tune of £60k due to the sale of the car park and the conversion of debt to loan stock from Morston is my point?

I am not claiming, and have not, that Farmer has taken money out of Hibs. But I think it would be fair to say that he has not put in the sum that appears apparent from the above statement in anything other than paper form if I'm reading this right?

The entire amount of actual money that Tom Farmer has put into Hibs still remains the amount it cost to buy the club and land, after the sale of the car park that wiped out a chunk of debt that had accrued from building the stadium which sat in different places. Player sales since have balanced the books.

I'm completely willing for this to be shown as wrong fwiw. I'm not married to my reading of this.

WHUHibs
31-03-2010, 05:50 AM

I am not in the know....just happen to know certain things to do with finance.

And I am just a normal season ticket holder nothing else..

However, I do see that a number of posters are jumped on from time to time by other memebers who see themselves as an authority on what is right and what is not.

Perhaps you should reserve judgement until the summer.

Or if you are in the know check the information out!

If you are not in the know then be patient.

WHUHibs
31-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Very mature - NOT

Ditto

Kaiser1962
31-03-2010, 06:46 AM
And the holding entity that Hibs (the company) took the stadium over from was/is financially solvent to the tune of £60k due to the sale of the car park and the conversion of debt to loan stock from Morston is my point?

I am not claiming, and have not, that Farmer has taken money out of Hibs. But I think it would be fair to say that he has not put in the sum that appears apparent from the above statement in anything other than paper form if I'm reading this right?

The entire amount of actual money that Tom Farmer has put into Hibs still remains the amount it cost to buy the club and land, after the sale of the car park that wiped out a chunk of debt that had accrued from building the stadium which sat in different places. Player sales since have balanced the books.

I'm completely willing for this to be shown as wrong fwiw. I'm not married to my reading of this.

I think you may be right in that the actual "cash" did not exist but Farmer certainly underwrote all transactions involving Hibs and there is no doubt Hibs would never have had the banking facilities without Farmers guarantees. Had it all went lumpy then Farmer would have been out of pocket by a good few million as it was the facilities he offered and personal wealth that took Hibs forward. The man hours that he and his team must have put in, particularly in the beginning considering the state we are in, must have been immense and it is only due to the acumen and foresight of the people involved that have put Hibs in the position they are in today.

Not a pop at you wee162 but I have listened to all these stories stories over the years about how much Farmer (and Petrie) have taken out of Hibs and what their motives are/where but I have to say that carpetbaggers dont usually hang around for 20 years and lose money to boot. I once asked in what way has Farmer let us down and someone came back with a half-promise he sort of made in the early nineties, and that was the best they could come up with. As for Petries wages I think he's been worth every penny.

marinello59
31-03-2010, 07:01 AM
I am not in the know....just happen to know certain things to do with finance.And I am just a normal season ticket holder nothing else..

However, I do see that a number of posters are jumped on from time to time by other memebers who see themselves as an authority on what is right and what is not.

Perhaps you should reserve judgement until the summer.

Or if you are in the know check the information out!

If you are not in the know then be patient.

But you have claimed to be in the know otherwise what was your opening post about? You also claimed that this was discussed at a club board meeting. Is that not claiming to be in the know?

Your repeated reference to people being 'jumped on' is getting fairly tedious as well. Your opening post is reminiscent of the vague news item that Mark and Lard used to do on Radio One. (Showing my age again smiley required.:greengrin). You have given nothing to back it up other than that you are in the know............and you are even denying that now.
You may be right (about STF leaving), but ANY poster starting a thread like this on here with no hard facts to back it up will be met with sceptiscm and quite rightly so. It has been suggested a number of times on here that STF might leave the club once the stadium is completed but that is based on nothing more than the feeling that he might see that as job completed at Hibs.
So if does leave shortly I am going to claim that I knew all along that would go. And if he doesn't I am going to claim that I knew all along that he would stay. :greengrin

Caversham Green
31-03-2010, 09:53 AM

Not really - the last HFC accounts I've got are for 2006 and they show the investment in Hibs valued at £4.1m but the net asset value is only £1.2m, so there's a deficit of £2.9m in the holding company's accounts. Those are by no means actual cash values, but they do demonstrate that there is a shortfall in the investment.

The money STF paid for the original shares went to the previous shareholders rather than into Hibs. To measure what he has actually put into the club you need to look at what has happened since, and that depends on whether you regard Hibs as the football club in isolation or as the football club plus the holding company - there's a good case for both views.

In isolation the amount put in boils down to the new share issue of £3.5m plus the £5m+ debt write off - which was partly offset by the car park sale (see the thread linked above for details). As a group, it becomes the shares in issue of the holding company £3.35m (of which I believe £800k went to the previous shareholders of the club) plus the £5m preference shares. Either way the figures show that STF is signifcantly down in cash terms - he will probably recover it and more if and when he sells, but that's a different argument.

Finally, please understand (not specifically you, wee 162) that the above is only a broad outline and there are many finer points in there that could be debated for ever without reaching a conclusion.

Heraghty's
31-03-2010, 10:12 AM
I recently heard Sir Tom at a talk through in Glesga. He explained he doesn't even like or understand football. :confused:
He got involved in Hibs through loyalty to his Leith connections and family links to the club.
But he's never even seen the Hibees play at Celtic Park or Ibrox. :agree:
So I can imagine why, at his age, he'd be looking to pass on his responsibilities to someone more committed and passionate. But I'm 100 per cent sure he will only do this if he's sure the club will benefit.
Guys, no matter which way you look at it, Sir Tom Farmer has been like a guardian angel to Hibs. He came in at a time of need and put the club on a sure footing at a time when other clubs in Edinburgh and Glasgow ( :greengrin ) were committing financial suicide.
He's a shrewd businessman, so he will recoup a fair chunk of his outlay. He may even retain a sizeable "heritage" stake for his family.
But when you think of what the alternatives could have been, I can only say:
God Bless Sir Tom Farmer. :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
31-03-2010, 10:44 AM
I recently heard Sir Tom at a talk through in Glesga. He explained he doesn't even like or understand football. :confused:
He got involved in Hibs through loyalty to his Leith connections and family links to the club.
So I can imagine why, at his age, he'd be looking to pass on his responsibilities to someone more committed and passionate. But I'm 100 per cent sure he will only do this if he's sure the club will benefit.
Guys, no matter which way you look at it, Sir Tom Farmer has been like a guardian angel to Hibs. He came in at a time of need and put the club on a sure footing at a time when other clubs in Edinburgh and Glasgow ( :greengrin ) were committing financial suicide.
He's a shrewd businessman, so he will recoup a fair chunk of his outlay. He may even retain a sizeable "heritage" stake for his family.

:top marks

I sincerely hope Farmer doesn't sell, if he does I would like to see the club become a community club owned by the fans for the fans. Few people could be trusted to have treated our great club the way Farmer has and my worry would always be that something would happen which would mean we had to be sold to someone with poor business skills like the pieman or romanov.

Farmer, hope you stay, but if you do decide to go please come down to easter road for a wee send off at a game. Hopefully to hand the club back to the community, and in a far better shape than you found it.

Oh aye, and too the poster ranting about farmer taking millions out of the club :asshole:

HenryMonk
31-03-2010, 10:58 AM
is it possible that STF is handing over hibs to one of his children or grand children?

Dr Jimmy
31-03-2010, 12:03 PM

I can still vividly remember the Hands off Hibs days and the fight against Mercer. If it was not for STF getting involved I dread to think where we would be now. We should build a statue to the man and not worry about whether he makes money when he leaves, because if he does make money he deserves every penny and I will sleep well knowing that whoever he lets take over will have be vetted and will have Hibs security and successful future in mind.

STF...deserved his knighthood for saving....yes SAVING Hibs and this should never be forgotten!!

HibbyAndy
31-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Its either Zig and Zag or kermitt and miss piggy:agree:

Peevemor
31-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Its either Zig and Zag or kermitt and miss piggy:agree:

Can you imagine the interviews? :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
31-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Can you imagine the interviews? :thumbsup:

:greengrin

One of them had ear muffs IIRC :hilarious

Jack
31-03-2010, 01:09 PM
is it possible that STF is handing over hibs to one of his children or grand children?

He could adopt me then :greengrin

WHUHibs
31-03-2010, 02:38 PM
But you have claimed to be in the know otherwise what was your opening post about? You also claimed that this was discussed at a club board meeting. Is that not claiming to be in the know?

Your repeated reference to people being 'jumped on' is getting fairly tedious as well. Your opening post is reminiscent of the vague news item that Mark and Lard used to do on Radio One. (Showing my age again smiley required.:greengrin). You have given nothing to back it up other than that you are in the know............and you are even denying that now.
You may be right (about STF leaving), but ANY poster starting a thread like this on here with no hard facts to back it up will be met with sceptiscm and quite rightly so. It has been suggested a number of times on here that STF might leave the club once the stadium is completed but that is based on nothing more than the feeling that he might see that as job completed at Hibs.
So if does leave shortly I am going to claim that I knew all along that would go. And if he doesn't I am going to claim that I knew all along that he would stay. :greengrin

fair point:agree:

I will mail you in coming days as I said to Mikey...

For the record,,,in the know I meant finance...perhaps badly put on my behalf..in retrospect I shouldnt have posted but I hoped somone else would have added some substance to this as I am not the only other person who knows about this. My judgement was wrong and this person did not come forward.

This will prove interesting for Hibs and another part of the Clubs development,,,all part and parcel of supporting a club we love.

I hope this will take us to the next level.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2010, 02:41 PM
For the record,,,in the know I meant finance...perhaps badly put on my behalf..in retrospect I shouldnt have posted but I hoped somone else would have added some substance to this as I am not the only other person who knows about this. My judgement was wrong and this person did not come forward.

Sorry about that RH, it’s just not the right time for me to come out and say what I know just now. Maybe in a few months.

bawheid
31-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Sorry about that RH, it’s just not the right time for me to come out and say what I know just now. Maybe in a few months.

I'll break my silence when it appears on the club's website. :agree:

Peevemor
31-03-2010, 03:07 PM

I'll agree with you (using a couple of appropriate smilies) and refer back to this post to prove that I knew all along.

You heard it here first!

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2010, 03:09 PM

This will prove interesting for Hibs and another part of the Clubs development,,,all part and parcel of supporting a club we love.

I would be interested in knowing what this is.

Hainan Hibs
31-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I'll agree with you (using a couple of appropriate smilies) and refer back to this post to prove that I knew all along.

You heard it here first!

My choice of smilies are

:wink::bye::agree::cool2::dummytit:
:asshole::shhhsh!::na na::whistle:

and I'll be using them to maximum effect when I am allowed to reveal my sources to get it up everyone:agree:

Kaiser1962
31-03-2010, 03:34 PM

But what is the next level RH? If by that you mean competing for titles it would be lovely but the old firm have got it sewn up. Rangers are £30m in debt, cant find a buyer and lead the league by 10 points (20 ahead of us)
Celtic are pretty junk and, if you believe the papers, have squandered some £40m on the Tony Experiment and are still 10 points ahead of us. They attract 5 times as many paying customers, pay 10 times the wages and their sponsors pay 15 times as much to get their name on their shirts rather than ours. If we try "investment" or "speculate to accumulate" then it has been tried before. The playing field is not level. Credit to the Mad One who gave it a go for a while but look where they've ended up? Our future players will be either home reared, which we're good at, guys like Stokes of Miller who's careers have stalled a bit, or guys at the end of their careers who can still do it for a couple of years. Unless there is a dramatic change (British League?) then I prefer the steady and pragmatic approach rather than the roller coaster we have all been on before.

Jonnyboy
31-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Ditto

You will be aware that my 'very mature' post was on the back of you taking the huff with certain posters for having the audacity to query your motives. I see you're now falling behind the 'jumped on by certain posters' defence. Do you not think that your starting post was bound to elicit varying comments? In the past you claimed to know for certain that Niemi was definitely coming to Hibs. Some posters doubted you and you adopted the 'wait and see' stance you're doing with this one. Niemi never did arrive so it's hardly surprising that 'some posters' will be doubting your latest revelation.

Andy74
31-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I still can't believe anyone thinks ownership of a football club means investment and that this would be a good thing.

The only way to run a club is to pay out what you get in. Ownership of the club should just be about making sure that the right people are in place for that to happen effectively and for the coming in part to be grown as much as possible.

Jonnyboy
31-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I still can't believe anyone thinks ownership of a football club means investment and that this would be a good thing.

The only way to run a club is to pay out what you get in. Ownership of the club should just be about making sure that the right people are in place for that to happen effectively and for the coming in part to be grown as much as possible.

Agree with your whole post Andy and as regards the highlighted bit I'm guessing Hearts wish they were there right now

Eaststand
31-03-2010, 04:57 PM
But what is the next level RH? If by that you mean competing for titles it would be lovely but the old firm have got it sewn up. Rangers are £30m in debt, cant find a buyer and lead the league by 10 points (20 ahead of us)
Celtic are pretty junk and, if you believe the papers, have squandered some £40m on the Tony Experiment and are still 10 points ahead of us. They attract 5 times as many paying customers, pay 10 times the wages and their sponsors pay 15 times as much to get their name on their shirts rather than ours. If we try "investment" or "speculate to accumulate" then it has been tried before. The playing field is not level. Credit to the Mad One who gave it a go for a while but look where they've ended up? Our future players will be either home reared, which we're good at, guys like Stokes of Miller who's careers have stalled a bit, or guys at the end of their careers who can still do it for a couple of years. Unless there is a dramatic change (British League?) then I prefer the steady and pragmatic approach rather than the roller coaster we have all been on before.

:top marksGood post and spot on

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
31-03-2010, 05:00 PM

I'm not saying anything until the fans are back....

PaulSmith
27-06-2010, 08:39 AM

Since I'n bored and it's still pre season what's the latest on this Russian Hibs?

franco
27-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Personally, I couldnae care if STF sold Hibs and made a £100m .. As we know he wouldn't do so without guarantees over Hibs' long term sustainability.

We wouldnae be here without the man! And I for one will forever be grateful to him for this.

Agree with you 100% mate.

Sandy
27-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Since I'n bored and it's still pre season what's the latest on this Russian Hibs?

Well since I am bored as well I can exclusively reveal I know bugger all :agree::wink: and any other appropriate smiley.

ChooseLife
27-06-2010, 01:48 PM
I have inside info on hibs but wont tell yous until you discuss it for 8 pages,

I think with the modist way that we've received these facts russianhibs should be added to the list of insiders along with silverhibee and tapaka. :)

sauzee1966
27-06-2010, 10:24 PM
STF would not allow just anyone to walk in and do what happend in the Duff & Grey era. No way he want to sve us again...but i think he would. He is a very shrewd man with a good brain and very good judge of Character.

Lets not fret...do we really want some Prune walking in and saying he will promise this and that?

STF will leave a good legacy for the Hibernian Family.....he has always said that

:notworthy:

Everyone can guess option one.....the other option could involve people from the footballing community backed by investment...

oregonhibby
28-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Rod P will end up owning the whole club. He deserves it. Harry Swan of the modern age.

ALF TUPPER
28-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Its not me. :wink:

BT58
29-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Jeez all this time reading this and the times flew in
Well it's the summer and noughts materialised
8 pages of debate
Cannot wait till hibs are back at training
Then more fun with rumours and the like :wink:
B:greengrin

Beefster
29-06-2010, 08:27 AM

I heard that there definitely might possibly be an announcement this summer.

marinello59
29-06-2010, 08:29 AM

I think your source is winding you up. I heard that there definitely might possibly not be an announcement this summer.

Dr Jimmy
29-06-2010, 09:23 AM

:whistle: