PDA

View Full Version : Thicot

Hibs90
28-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Wasn't at the game yesterday but can anyone tell me how he played? And does anyone else think he deserves a new contract?

fife hfc
28-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I thought he played well enough to deserve another chance. he kept it simple, cleared his lines and more importantly kept Flynn quiet. so done his job.

greenlex
28-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Wasn't at the game yesterday but can anyone tell me how he played? And does anyone else think he deserves a new contract?
Did fine. Kept Flynn fairly quiet for most of the game.
New contract? Depends what he is earning at the moment. Is there better out there for the money?
I am sure there are better right backs for the money and I am sure there will be better centre backs too. Good quad player but that might not suit him.

noseyhibby
28-03-2010, 12:56 PM

I wasn't at the game, but I can say that the guy has had long enough at ER to prove himself good enough to hold down a regular place and simply hasn't. Successive managers have seen him in training and on the field of play to recognise that he is maybe just a wee bit short of the quality Hibs need to move onto the next level. As always I'd love to be proved incorrect and that he goes onto securing a regular slot on the back of sound performances.

Judas Iscariot
28-03-2010, 01:05 PM
I rate him, he's still young, will get better..

I'd give him a new deal..

whiskyhibby
28-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Thought he was pretty solid today and at least tackles, definately worth another contract IMHO

:agree:

Gettin' Auld
28-03-2010, 01:34 PM
I like Thicot and i'd be quite happy to see him stay. :agree:

Judas Iscariot
28-03-2010, 01:41 PM
I wasn't at the game, but I can say that the guy has had long enough at ER to prove himself good enough to hold down a regular place and simply hasn't. Successive managers have seen him in training and on the field of play to recognise that he is maybe just a wee bit short of the quality Hibs need to move onto the next level. As always I'd love to be proved incorrect and that he goes onto securing a regular slot on the back of sound performances.

Would you put Stevenson, McCormack, Benji, McCann, Hanlon and Maka :devil: in the same boat?

Toaods
28-03-2010, 01:53 PM
delighted he's getting a run.

IMHO, didn't deserve to lose his place previously and if Yogi had played the squad in the way he suggested he would, results would likely have been better recently.

Eaststand
28-03-2010, 02:22 PM
I'd offer him a contract, cos apart from the usual one or two wee errrors of judgement that players make when they've not played in the first team for a while, he does well when he gets a chance....

basehibby
28-03-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm pleased that Thicot's getting a run as well. For me he can pass a ball very well. Seems to lack pace though and sometimes looks like he's out for an afternoon's stroll rather than a game in the SPL.
Is this an attitude/fitness thing or am I missing something re style/conservation of energy or something. A good run of fixtures should be enough to answer these questions and prove whether he's worthy of an extension, and with Wotherspoon looking a bit jaded at the moment, now is the right time.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Didn't cover himself in glory in the first (and only half) at Raith struggled to convince.

BTW someone on Radio Scotland phone-in (a wind up?) called in to suggest that Thicot had been booked twice but the second time, although the ref brought out both cards, showed yellow. Presumably this was a mistake or wind-up as I'm sure would have more coverage here? Anyone confirm?

Long suffering
28-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I would give him a new contract. Always been impressed by his composure and passing ability. Coud still do with livening it up a bit perhaps though

noseyhibby
28-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Would you put Stevenson, McCormack, Benji, McCann, Hanlon and Maka :devil: in the same boat?

ERrrrrrrrr. Yes, I would. In fact, I do believe none were on my "must keep" list. Hanlon is the most promising of the bunch, but that elusive spark, for me, just isn't there. Wotherspoon on the other hand has what it takes and will go onto big things.

Phil MaGlass
29-03-2010, 07:07 AM
The lad needs regular fitba,nae use giving him 2 games a season IMO and saying he is not good enough for a new contract.Play him until the end of season,the lack of proper playing time does effect your game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-03-2010, 07:49 AM
I would be really surprised if we saw Thicot still with us next season. I don't think that he has it in him to be a regular centre half and as for being a right back, he does not fit into the criteria that Yogi has already stipulated as a must....they must be prepared to go forward. In the game at Ross Co, he never pushed on once. I would wonder, if he would function quite well, in a role just in front of the back four, but he has probably been at ER too long to start finding things out about him now.

scoopyboy
29-03-2010, 10:44 AM

Wouldn't dream of giving him a new contract, for two reasons.

1. He hasn't done enough to warrant one.

2. He is under contract until the end of 2010-11 season so there is no rush whatsoever.

--------
29-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Wouldn't dream of giving him a new contract, for two reasons.

1. He hasn't done enough to warrant one.

2. He is under contract until the end of 2010-11 season so there is no rush whatsoever.

You enjoyed posting that, didn't you? :devil:

scoopyboy
29-03-2010, 01:47 PM
You enjoyed posting that, didn't you? :devil:

Guilty as charged.

Hibercelona
29-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Thicot keeps it simple.

Thats always the mark of a decent defender.

Its difficult to find decent right backs these days.

Give the laddy a contract. :agree:

hibee_nation
29-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Rather than push Bamba into midfield i think Thicot should be given a chance there. He might give us a bit of dig in midfield and can pass better.

500miles
29-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Thicot keeps it simple.

Thats always the mark of a decent defender.

Its difficult to find decent right backs these days.

Give the laddy a contract. :agree:

I've not seen him play at right back yet, but I think any success he has there may be short lived. For me, he doesn't have the pace, or the ability when running with the ball to play such a position. Middle of the park, he can spray passes, win headers, make tackles, and be effective, but I don't think right back is his game.

The_Horde
29-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Thicot hasn't done enough to earn a new contract IMO.

Too slow, position sense dodgy at times and his passing is over rated.

greenlex
29-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I've not seen him play at right back yet, but I think any success he has there may be short lived. For me, he doesn't have the pace, or the ability when running with the ball to play such a position. Middle of the park, he can spray passes, win headers, make tackles, and be effective, but I don't think right back is his game.
I dont either but he is the better option there at the moment ahead of Wotherspoon and McCormack IMO. If wotherspoon wasnt burnt out it would b e a different matter.