PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket / East stand query

Jamesie
28-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I just want to be clear that I'm not missing something here.

As things stand, there seems to be seating plan for the new east available to the public. The best east standers can do is tick "retain existing seat" and hope this translates into a good one.

If this really is the case then I have no idea why Hibs have let this happen. Why not publish a seating chart just now, with existing east stand ST holders having first choice? They must have one surely?

Saorsa
28-03-2010, 11:37 AM

As things stand, there seems to be seating plan for the new east available to the public. The best east standers can do is tick "retain existing seat" and hope this translates into a good one.

If this really is the case then I have no idea why Hibs have let this happen. Why not publish a seating chart just now, with existing east stand ST holders having first choice? They must have one surely?I thought exactly what I though when reading the form, the seat with the same number in the new stand may be naewhere near where the one in the old stand was.

Green Man
28-03-2010, 11:53 AM
It mentions in the brochure, "Renewing members will be able to select their seat in line with where they sat in the old East Terrace", and that you should contact the ticket office by 29th May.

Westie1875
28-03-2010, 12:11 PM
It mentions in the brochure, "Renewing members will be able to select their seat in line with where they sat in the old East Terrace", and that you should contact the ticket office by 29th May.

What about renewing members from the other stands if they want to move to the new East?

H18sry
28-03-2010, 01:31 PM
What about renewing members from the other stands if they want to move to the new East?

You have to wait untill all the eaststanders have picked there seat and then newcomers will get a pick.

bod
28-03-2010, 01:56 PM
whens the date for doing that ?

Mister P
28-03-2010, 02:11 PM
it would appear they have completely blanked any request for a singing section then:dunno:

thats after paul getting a reply saying they have recieved his enquiry and will let him know of future east stand consultation forums.

H18sry
28-03-2010, 02:18 PM
whens the date for doing that ?

dunno why? r u moving stands?

DH1875
28-03-2010, 08:09 PM

Don't worry, there will be plenty of empty seats for you to choose from :dunno:.

Arch Stanton
29-03-2010, 04:12 PM

If this really is the case then I have no idea why Hibs have let this happen. Why not publish a seating chart just now, with existing east stand ST holders having first choice? They must have one surely?

Hibs communication on this is pretty poor - according to the brochure -

"Seats in the New East Stand will be allocated in consultation with existing East Stand Season Ticket Members who want to renew. Renewing Members will be able to select their seat in line with where they sat in the old East Terrace, and will have a priority period to do so before any East Stand seats are allocated to Season Ticket Members from other Stands or new Season Ticket Members."

Does anyone have a clue what that means - can you go and select your seat or not? And if so - when?

woody47
29-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Do they mean we will be taking the first 20 rows or so from the front? Would be better if they had said that those wanting to sing take rows a-m numbers 1-20 for example. Then build it up from there but at least give us some sort of idea. Huge stand for maybe couple of hundred guys who will sing all the time but could be scattered to the four corners.

Wilbur
29-03-2010, 06:54 PM
I sit with 4 of my mates, so if we are putting in our existing seat numbers and just hoping they put us together, it doesn't fill me with confidence. When they moved us to the south, I ended up in the south upper while the other 4 got seated together in the south lower! All this after 3 emails and 2 phone calls to the ticket office to make sure it didn't happen! Lucky for me it was agreed to move me to a seat as close as possible to them, but that is 6 seats away!. :grr:

Keith_M
29-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Surely if people want to sit with their mates, there's 12 empty rows of seats at the back of the stand to choose from?

By my reckoning, there are almost 5,000 free seats in the stand, when you discount those taken by current East ST holders. Cannae be that difficult, surely?

Arch Stanton
29-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Surely if people want to sit with their mates, there's 12 empty rows of seats at the back of the stand to choose from?

By my reckoning, there are almost 5,000 free seats in the stand, when you discount those taken by current East ST holders. Cannae be that difficult, surely?

Don't count on it - there'll be an exodus of folks from the West and North over to the East:agree:

martin63
30-03-2010, 04:40 AM
I can only assume from this thread that the ST renewal forms have been sent out? I haven't recieved mine yet. Also has anyone had the ES certificare sent to them yet as they were supposed to be out this month?

Keith_M
30-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Don't count on it - there'll be an exodus of folks from the West and North over to the East:agree:

That's true, but haven't the current Easties got a period of grace to move seats before "open season" on the rest?

Maybe if the guys on here that wanted a singing section, or to sit with their mates for that very reason, chose one part of the stand to move into, it would happen all by itself.

The centre three sections will have the best view in the new stand, so why not just say that you'll all sit there? If you could come to an agreement and just put an announcement on here and the Bounce.

:dunno:

Gatecrasher
30-03-2010, 10:15 AM
That's true, but haven't the current Easties got a period of grace to move seats before "open season" on the rest?

Maybe if the guys on here that wanted a singing section, or to sit with their mates for that very reason, chose one part of the stand to move into, it would happen all by itself.

The centre three sections will have the best view in the new stand, so why not just say that you'll all sit there? If you could come to an agreement and just put an announcement on here and the Bounce.

:dunno:

Yes we do but there isnt a seating plan for us to chose from what i can see, so im going to renew my ST next week with no idea on how to chose my seat and unless TO have a plan im just going to ask for as far back and central as possible please :greengrin

Keith_M
30-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Yes we do but there isnt a seating plan for us to chose from what i can see, so im going to renew my ST next week with no idea on how to chose my seat and unless TO have a plan im just going to ask for as far back and central as possible please :greengrin

You do that. Make sure you get the best seats before all they interlopers from the West and FF get in there.

:wink:

bod
30-03-2010, 11:22 AM
dunno why? r u moving stands?

fancy sitting further back