PDA

View Full Version : Yams Vlad To Wipe Out Hearts Debt As A Gift?

YehButNoBut
28-03-2010, 05:18 AM
It seems the mad one has come into some money as according to the Scotsman he intends to wipe out part of Hearts debt this summer with either a gift of the debt to the club, or swapped into equity – or it will be a mix of both possibilities.

Good news for them or is he up to something. :dunno: :hmmm:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Football-news-Romanov-ready-to.6186266.jp (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Football-news-Romanov-ready-to.6186266.jp)

I'm_cabbaged
28-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Coded message for "Tynecastle no longer belongs to HMFC"

Wellbankhibby
28-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Don't mean to be cheeky but who is worried or bothered about them. I am only interested in the Hibees. :bitchy:

MSK
28-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Don't mean to be cheeky but who is worried or bothered about them. I am only interested in the Hibees. :bitchy:Im worried about the smell from the yam tramps..that really bothers me ...:agree:

grunt
28-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Hearts, who will announce a marginal increase in their arrears when the latest set of results are released in the coming weeks...

Good to see the economy drive was a success, then.

bighairyfaeleith
28-03-2010, 08:13 AM
ownership of stadium transfers for £10 million being wiped off the debt, which has probably increased by another 5 mil or so anyway since last year.

dumb ****s the lot of them!!!

PaulSmith
28-03-2010, 08:14 AM
I'd be surprised if a company such as UKIO who lost £19m in the last financial year were in a position to 'write off' a significant sum without getting something very tangible in return.

Barney McGrew
28-03-2010, 08:16 AM
I'd be surprised if a company such as UKIO who lost £19m in the last financial year were in a position to 'write off' a significant sum without getting something very tangible in return.

Like the ownership of a sizable piece of land in the centre of a european capital city for instance?

Spike Mandela
28-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Surely crucial line in story is..........................

Hearts, who will announce a marginal increase in their arrears when the latest set of results are released in the coming weeks

Despite all the cutbacks, debt for equity and transfers. Bloody Hell:shocked:

ronaldo7
28-03-2010, 08:43 AM
How much Debt do we think they will announce in the coming weeks?

I think it will be around £32 million....Nice:greengrin

Hibercelona
28-03-2010, 08:45 AM
How much Debt do we think they will announce in the coming weeks?

I think it will be around £32 million....Nice:greengrin

I'd be expecting over 40. :agree:

ronaldo7
28-03-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd be expecting over 40. :agree:

Anything over 40 and you'll tell it to sit down:wink:

Hibercelona
28-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Anything over 40 and you'll tell it to sit down:wink:

Naw.

Anything over 40 and i'll get telt to sit down. :wink:

brydekirk
28-03-2010, 09:17 AM
35 million plus 10 -15 for the new bus shelter. just under 50m, nothing for a BIG team.

Hibercelona
28-03-2010, 09:24 AM
35 million plus 10 -15 for the new bus shelter. just under 50m, nothing for a BIG team.

But isn't it a £51,000,000 mega stand they're building, which would result in £86,000,000 debt?

Still.... no sweat for a team who'll easily generate 400,000 fans each game to fill that new stand of theirs. :jamboak:

Jack
28-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Can someone remind me the debt they announced last year.

brydekirk
28-03-2010, 09:32 AM
But isn't it a £51,000,000 mega stand they're building, which would result in £86,000,000 debt?

Still.... no sweat for a team who'll easily generate 400,000 fans each game to fill that new stand of theirs. :jamboak:
was meant to be, but after the huge investment they made in the reduced fat pies to keep nades weight down, they have had to make some cutbacks.

Hibercelona
28-03-2010, 09:39 AM
was meant to be, but after the huge investment they made in the reduced fat pies to keep nades weight down, they have had to make some cutbacks.

Perhaps plan z is to build Nade up as much as possible, then use his body parts to make their new stand? :dunno:

StevieC
28-03-2010, 10:17 AM
It was written in at an AGM that they would not go above £40m at any point.

This was averted last year with a £12m equity swap that brought it down to around £30m.

I personally suspect that they need another *equity swap/gift/player transfer/stadium deeds to keep it below the £40m mark again this year.
*(delete as appropriate)

I'm not sure it means a great deal to be honest, other than the UKIO Bank can continue to maximise the interest payments from the outstanding debt.

hibee_nation
28-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I think it means the plonkers in section N can rest easy that their seats are safe for a few more years. :wink:

Antifa Hibs
28-03-2010, 10:34 AM
What is debt for equity?

Vlad will say write £10m off the debt for a £10m extra stake at the club?

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2010, 10:38 AM
What is debt for equity?

Vlad will say write £10m off the debt for a £10m extra stake at the club?

Surely he's done this that much, he now owns 600% of the club.:greengrin

Sergey
28-03-2010, 10:57 AM
What a pile if guff that article is.

The fact of the matter is that HoMFC still owe £17.6 to Ukio and the most likely way that this will be paid is for the deeds to the PBS to be transferred to another of Vlad's companies for an agreed fee (probably less than market value, but that'll be good business in the eyes of the majority of Yams) while the club will still be burdened with increasing debt with little or no assets left to sell.

truehibernian
28-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Debt or no debt, sadly Los Yambolinos played us off the park at Tynie and that is the only thing that we should be worrying about IMHO. I couldn't give two hoots if Bill Gates came in and wiped the floor and debt with them. Too many people worry about the muffin tops that side of Edinburgh. Always gets me that folk worry more about Hearts than seem to worry about Hibs. I don't want them to go under, purely because of that lovely feeling when we hump them. They will always be the poor team on so many levels, so let's get back to supporting the cabbage 100% :thumbsup:

Gettin' Auld
28-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Vlad To Wipe Out Hearts As A Gift To Football?

*fixed*

:wink:

Caversham Green
28-03-2010, 12:35 PM
It was written in at an AGM that they would not go above £40m at any point.

This was averted last year with a £12m equity swap that brought it down to around £30m.

I personally suspect that they need another *equity swap/gift/player transfer/stadium deeds to keep it below the £40m mark again this year.
*(delete as appropriate)

I'm not sure it means a great deal to be honest, other than the UKIO Bank can continue to maximise the interest payments from the outstanding debt.

:agree: That's my take on it too. I think they are approaching the £40m limit again now and are being forced into this step because they won't have Goncalves (among others) to sell.

I would have expected the increase in debt at 31 July to be more than "marginal" though unless I'm missing a player sale. Maybe they've received some add-ons from the Gordon sale or something like that.

HibbyAndy
28-03-2010, 12:39 PM

The fact of the matter is that HoMFC still owe £17.6 to Ukio and the most likely way that this will be paid is for the deeds to the PBS to be transferred to another of Vlad's companies for an agreed fee (probably less than market value, but that'll be good business in the eyes of the majority of Yams) while the club will still be burdened with increasing debt with little or no assets left to sell.

Alike this version :agree:

iwasthere1972
28-03-2010, 12:56 PM
It seems the mad one has come into some money as according to the Scotsman he intends to wipe out part of Hearts debt this summer with either a gift of the debt to the club, or swapped into equity – or it will be a mix of both possibilities.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Football-news-Romanov-ready-to.6186266.jp (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Football-news-Romanov-ready-to.6186266.jp)

Typical Yams. Less than 24 hours after they get a royal pumping from the huns and Hibs extend their lead over them in the SPL to 10 points with a game in hand (as well as a significant better goal difference) they come out with this pash.

New stand to house their 400,000 supporters and wiping out some of their debt. :blah: :blah: :blah: It's all talk.

The Hibs way is do it first then announce it to the public. The Yams are pathetic and they know it. :agree:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Hank Schrader
28-03-2010, 01:08 PM

*fixed*

Pissed myself laughing at that!! :top marks

Phil D. Rolls
28-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Don't mean to be cheeky but who is worried or bothered about them. I am only interested in the Hibees. :bitchy:

Most Yams are, get over it.

Can we keep this one please?

whiskyhibby
28-03-2010, 01:13 PM

*fixed*

:faf::faf::faf:

Phil D. Rolls
28-03-2010, 01:21 PM
slight irony

Of course, but what's life without irony?

Phil D. Rolls
28-03-2010, 01:35 PM
true, a pile of crumpled clothes.

Or even bed linen, depending on how careful you are about such things.

joejoefaemexico
28-03-2010, 01:39 PM

[/URL][url]http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Football-news-Romanov-ready-to.6186266.jp (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Football-news-Romanov-ready-to.6186266.jp)

on a more interesting note, largs are through to semi's! ya beauty!

Toaods
28-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I myself have also been considering a gift £40 million to HMFC but similar to Vald and his shoddy bunch 'can't go into details at the moment'.

sahib
28-03-2010, 02:07 PM
I myself have also been considering a gift £40 million to HMFC but similar to Vald and his shoddy bunch 'can't go into details at the moment'.

Someday soon this must all end in tears. I can see Hearts at Murrayfield, with some sort of long term tenancy agreement, starting out in the third division.

ginger_rice
28-03-2010, 03:08 PM
on a more interesting note, largs are through to semi's! ya beauty!

Strange that I get a semi thinking about Hearts going bust :greengrin

johnrebus
28-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I think the headline got a bit lost in translation.

It should have read, ' Vlad to wipe out Hearts. Is he a git?

:agree:

Kato
28-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Was the same person not quoted recently as sayin' Hearts have no debt, as they "owe it to themselves" - jambos will fall for any old rubbish.

hibbymac
28-03-2010, 06:45 PM

Don't mean to be cheeky, but why would anyone open up a thread titled ..."Vlad To Wipe Out Hearts Debt As A Gift?"..., if they weren't bothered? :confused:

Nitten Hibee
28-03-2010, 07:49 PM

better gift would be if he just wiped out hearts :greengrin

New Corrie
28-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, its all going pear shaped over on 30 points back with their hoofball, pub team, eyes bleeding industrial football! Much that I wish they didn't exist, they are sadly doing a lot better than us with the "Mad Vlad" at the helm.........

Irish_Steve
28-03-2010, 08:21 PM

I knew things where bad across the way but a total debt of £17.60?? and they call us the wee team lol

Part/Time Supporter
28-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, its all going pear shaped over on 30 points back with their hoofball, pub team, eyes bleeding industrial football! Much that I wish they didn't exist, they are sadly doing a lot better than us with the "Mad Vlad" at the helm.........

Am I in some parallel universe where Hearts are on course for the domestic treble?

:confused:

Austinho
28-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, its all going pear shaped over on 30 points back with their hoofball, pub team, eyes bleeding industrial football! Much that I wish they didn't exist, they are sadly doing a lot better than us with the "Mad Vlad" at the helm.........In what respect?

A ten point gap with a game in hand suggests otherwise.

Part/Time Supporter
28-03-2010, 08:54 PM
In what respect?

:agree:

When was the last time Hibs were this far in front of Hearts with this little time remaining in the season? I would wager it was 2000/01.

Red Cabbage
28-03-2010, 09:18 PM
what difference does it make if ukio get the deeds to the pbs or not? The reality is vlàd owns both so could sell it anytime he wants!

hibee_nation
28-03-2010, 09:27 PM

I suspect Mad Vlad would support the BNP too so i see where you are coming from. :dizzy:

StevieC
28-03-2010, 09:31 PM
what difference does it make if ukio get the deeds to the pbs or not? The reality is vlàd owns both so could sell it anytime he wants!

I suspect the advantages would become apparent if the club were ever to go into administration. If they didn't own the stadium then the administrators couldn't get their hands on it.

New Corrie
28-03-2010, 09:34 PM
In what respect?

In the respect that they are puffed out tonking us, have consistantly been in Europe and won the Scottish Cup under his tenure....not complex is it?

Part/Time Supporter
28-03-2010, 10:03 PM
In the respect that they are puffed out tonking us
Their first derby win after six without one in the league

have consistantly been in Europe

They've been in Europe twice in five seasons since he bought into the club. They had finished third twice in a row (and qualified) before he took over.

and won the Scottish Cup under his tenure....not complex is it?

The same number of trophy wins as Hibs in the same period, no?

And all at the cost of mortgaging their future and placing the club in a position where not even your typical rich Jambo could afford to take the club over.

New Corrie
28-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Their first derby win after six without one in the league

They've been in Europe twice in five seasons since he bought into the club. They had finished third twice in a row (and qualified) before he took over.

The same number of trophy wins as Hibs in the same period, no?

And all at the cost of mortgaging their future and placing the club in a position where not even your typical rich Jambo could afford to take the club over.

What would you rather win...the Scottish Cup or the League Cup?

What would happen if (heaven forbid) if Sir Tom or Vlad got run down by a bus tomorrow? Exactly, both teams are owned by one man, and as you can see teams go in and out of administration without anything detrimenatal happening to them, there really isn't a huge difference, yes, we are run in a prudent fashion, but it's not as if it pays footballing dividends!

Kaiser1962
28-03-2010, 10:18 PM

This!
I am pretty sure that Fedotovas told all that would listen before Christmas that Hearts did not have any debt, it was owed to themselves etc and the usual party line that they dont pay interest and so on. Why would Vlad be making them a gift of something that dosent exist? I really, genuinely do not give a flying **** for the trumpets that occupy that cesspit but I am quite intrigued as to how this is all going to pan out. They keep making statements that contradict the one the made earlier and the helmets over the road swallow it up? If Vlad agrees to wipe out their debt then some other poor barsteward will be left with the bill. And if he wipes the debt then some Yam should take it upon himself to shoot the mad one so they can quit when they're ahead.

Part/Time Supporter
28-03-2010, 10:19 PM

I think it is only Edinburgh football people who have this neurosis about the difference between the two cups, for the obvious reason.

What would happen if (heaven forbid) if Sir Tom or Vlad got run down by a bus tomorrow? Exactly, both teams are owned by one man, and as you can see teams go in and out of administration without anything detrimenatal happening to them, there really isn't a huge difference, yes, we are run in a prudent fashion, but it's not as if it pays footballing dividends!

It shouldn't pay dividends in the short run, if anything Hearts should have had much more to show for the last few years (since 2006) given the amounts they have been spending on wages. Hearts are clearly cutting back now and will struggle to make further progress IMO. Hibs have been demonstrably building the club over recent years and are getting into a position where they can push on from.

New Corrie
28-03-2010, 10:24 PM
I think it is only Edinburgh football people who have this neurosis about the difference between the two cups, for the obvious reason.

It shouldn't pay dividends in the short run, if anything Hearts should have had much more to show for the last few years (since 2006) given the amounts they have been spending on wages. Hearts are clearly cutting back now and will struggle to make further progress IMO. Hibs have been demonstrably building the club over recent years and are getting into a position where they can push on from.

So you in all honesty are saying that you don't have a preference over winning the League Cup or the Scottish Cup? If that's the case you are the first Scottish football fan that I have come across who thinks that way.

Woody1985
28-03-2010, 11:09 PM
So you in all honesty are saying that you don't have a preference over winning the League Cup or the Scottish Cup? If that's the case you are the first Scottish football fan that I have come across who thinks that way.

Big deal, everyone would prefer the Scottish given that it's the oldest football cup in the world (IIRC). However, to win the same number of trophies as them makes a mockery of their 'success'.

They are on the decline, we are on the way up. For a Hibs fan to try and justify and sound like they envy Hearts' success with Vlad at the helm is so completely and utterly laughable that I think I've just pished myself.

Away to the loo to clean up. Back in 5.

Crazyhorse
28-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Big deal, everyone would prefer the Scottish given that it's the oldest football cup in the world (IIRC). However, to win the same number of trophies as them makes a mockery of their 'success'.

They are on the decline, we are on the way up. For a Hibs fan to try and justify and sound like they envy Hearts' success with Vlad at the helm is so completely and utterly laughable that I think I've just pished myself.

Away to the loo to clean up. Back in 5.

I would say that the jambos have been a bit more successful than us over the past decade but it seems to have cost them a lot if the apparent debt figures are correct. I don't know how significant it all is some clubs go into administration and aren't particularly adversely affected in the long run e.g. Motherwell

Caversham Green
29-03-2010, 08:30 AM

The difference is that Hibs are self-financing while Hearts' existence depends entirely on funding from an investment company - i.e. one whose only function is to make money for its owners.

So, in Sir Tom's case the club could continue to function without interference from his successors, in Vlad's case the remaining directors of UBIG would almost certainly stop chucking money down the Gorgie pan.

In short, Hibs have a future without their current owner, Hearts don't.

Woody1985
29-03-2010, 09:32 AM
I would say that the jambos have been a bit more successful than us over the past decade but it seems to have cost them a lot if the apparent debt figures are correct. I don't know how significant it all is some clubs go into administration and aren't particularly adversely affected in the long run e.g. Motherwell

Perhaps a little more successful in terms of finishing 2nd and getting a crack at the CL. However, they're 30-40 million in debt and about to sign their stadium over to another company. Yes, they're part of the same group but ultimately if/when Vlad stops taking an interest in the Hearts division then they're going to be in trouble.

They'll have no saleable assets and will need to start again from scratch. Or Vlad can just continue with them under his ownership and continue to milk them for as much as possible for as long as he likes. I actually think the latter is what will happen but their standards will continue on the decline IMO.

I also think that people are starting to forget that their 2nd last SC win was 12 years ago. You'd think they won the 2 cups back to back in the last 2 seasons the way they yelp on about it.

MB62
29-03-2010, 09:54 AM

Was watching them on telly getting humped by Der Hun on Saturday when the commentator said at one point 'The old main stand here Tynecastle will be getting pulled down and a brand new one built in its place within Two years'.

I nearly soiled my underwear I was laughing so hard :faf: :faf:

Crazyhorse
29-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Perhaps a little more successful in terms of finishing 2nd and getting a crack at the CL. However, they're 30-40 million in debt and about to sign their stadium over to another company. Yes, they're part of the same group but ultimately if/when Vlad stops taking an interest in the Hearts division then they're going to be in trouble.

They'll have no saleable assets and will need to start again from scratch. Or Vlad can just continue with them under his ownership and continue to milk them for as much as possible for as long as he likes. I actually think the latter is what will happen but their standards will continue on the decline IMO.

I also think that people are starting to forget that their 2nd last SC win was 12 years ago. You'd think they won the 2 cups back to back in the last 2 seasons the way they yelp on about it.
I think you're largely correct there and I would love to see the yams pay for their ridiculous spending levels by going bust. However it seems a lot of clubs wriggle out this situation without paying the proper price. I have to admit the thought of that annoys me as it would seem rather unjust.

Bad Martini
29-03-2010, 11:35 AM
The mantra, and game plan, is to make no profit and to continue to make a loss.

The reason is, one pays no tax on a loss. :greengrin

The yams are unlikely to pay tax for the next 5 years at least.

(they are equally unlikely to pay players wages on time during the same timeframe).

To suggest their success and position is remotely even close to ours is sheer radgeness. They have all the prospects of a toilet duck and probably, less money.

They failed to produce audit(ed)(able) accounts recently, they have no documented or tangible means of sorting this massive debt problem out and their chief financer is known to make "rash purchases" of an efty i.e. funny looking hats, nuclear subs etc.

Bichrist, I'd take Mixu back and a season of loses before I'd swap positions with that lot. They have no long term future and it will come crashing down soon. The world economic downturn has hit the Gorgie masseef....at some point, they will need to face the pain and cough up.

Err, ENDOF? :thumbsup:

jgl07
29-03-2010, 12:58 PM
It is not UKIO.

It will be UBIG who 'writes off' any debt.

No-one knows what the financial state of UBIG is as they haven't published any accounts for years.

It will all be sleight of hand by Vlad and 'smoke and mirrors' when anything is reported.

greenginger
29-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Was watching them on telly getting humped by Der Hun on Saturday when the commentator said at one point 'The old main stand here Tynecastle will be getting pulled down and a brand new one built in its place within Two years'.

I nearly soiled my underwear I was laughing so hard :faf: :faf:

He was half right, the old main stand will be coming / falling down in a couple of years. The bit about the brand new one is the problem.

Its in a queue behind two brand new stadiums in Eastern Europe that were promised first ! :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin