PDA

View Full Version : Media No post-match interview from Yogi?

(((Fergus)))
27-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Has he been reading the message boards and decided to gag himself? :devil:

Bob Box Fish
27-03-2010, 10:24 PM
On the BBC website usual bollucks

Hibercelona
27-03-2010, 10:27 PM
On the BBC website usual bollucks

Nothing wrong with what he said IMO.

Winning doesn't have much to do with team lineup and subs IMO.

Its all to do with the mentality of the players.

Hopefully this win will bring back a winning mentality and the players can go on another winning streak.

Roll on the arabs!

Wotherspiniesta
27-03-2010, 10:28 PM
I really wish people would lay off Yogi.

What about his interview was "bollucks?"

He may not be that good with words but he speaks with passion about the club that he loves.

Personally, I love his interviews.

Bob Box Fish
27-03-2010, 10:34 PM
The usual 'goals in the team' translates to we played p$$h again this week but got a couple of goals and managed to cling on again.

Story of most of our wins this season.

Wotherspiniesta
27-03-2010, 10:39 PM
The usual 'goals in the team' translates to we played p$$h again this week but got a couple of goals and managed to cling on again.

Oh right, I get it. So he said we have goals in the team but didn't play that well. A fair assesment of the game going by most reports. But yet that's "bollucks"...seems fair.

PC Stamp
27-03-2010, 10:59 PM

We got three goals, not a couple and were hardly clinging on. If we had to we could probably have upped it a bit more second half and scored more. We didn't have to. Exactly the point I made yesterday. We work harder and grind out a result and yet STILL it isn't good enough. Better to play with that mythical flair that's only actually been seen in a few short spells since the 50's but lose 3-0?

marinello59
27-03-2010, 11:08 PM
So do we want him to say nothing then slag him off for ignoring the fans or do we want him to comment and then slag him him off for saying the same old same old?

PC Stamp
27-03-2010, 11:09 PM
So do we want him to say nothing then slag him off for ignoring the fans or do we want him to comment and then slag him him off for saying the same old same old?

Both. Then there's no excuse for anyone not being able to have a go at him. :greengrin

jabis
27-03-2010, 11:12 PM

Sorry,you get the rant :soapbox:

Who are all these tosspots that can do better than Yogi ?

Yorkie,could you PLEASE give us your qualifications,and your inside knowledge,regarding training,to make you think you know better than our current manager.

just interested likes !

(this goes to all the aforementioned tosspots that think they know better)

RoxburghHibs
27-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Both. Then there's no excuse for anyone not being able to have a go at him. :greengrin

Sorry but can someone post a link to this audio as I for some reson can't find it :drunk:

Cabbage1875
27-03-2010, 11:19 PM
We got three goals, not a couple and were hardly clinging on. If we had to we could probably have upped it a bit more second half and scored more. We didn't have to. Exactly the point I made yesterday. We work harder and grind out a result and yet STILL it isn't good enough. Better to play with that mythical flair that's only actually been seen in a few short spells since the 50's but lose 3-0?

The bit in bold. How many incredible chances did Falkirk miss today? On another day they might have scored 5 or 6. I did not feel we were in control of the game today, and haven't done many times in games this season. We never seem to have comfortable possession of the ball, and this is due to the shape of the team and the amount of options Hibs players have when on the ball. In my view of course :cool2:

I haven't got an issue with Yogi's comments, I really really want him to do well. And it was a cracking result today our recent form considered, but the deficiencies are still there for all to see.

khib70
27-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Get real. We were eye-bleedingly awful and a draw would have flattered us. If that's what you aspire to for Hibs, God help us.

And if you don't think we were clinging on by our fingertips in the second half, you may well have gone to the wrong game.

Flair isn't mythical - the biggest myth in football is that "winning ugly" gets you anywhere.

(((Fergus)))
27-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Sorry but can someone post a link to this audio as I for some reson can't find it :drunk:

I still can't find it either.

Originally Posted by marinello59 http://www.hibs.net/message/images_greenish/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2406797#post2406797)

If those are the only two options, better he lets his team do the talking on the park.

Hibee_Lisa
27-03-2010, 11:35 PM
I still can't find it either.

If those are the only two options, better he lets his team do the talking on the park.

I couldn't find audio just this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8591022.stm

Hibs Class
27-03-2010, 11:37 PM

Can't find the audio link, but somebody at the Beeb has typed it up here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8591022.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8591022.stm)

jabis
27-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Get real. We were eye-bleedingly awful and a draw would have flattered us. If that's what you aspire to for Hibs, God help us.

And if you don't think we were clinging on by our fingertips in the second half, you may well have gone to the wrong game.

Flair isn't mythical - the biggest myth in football is that "winning ugly" gets you anywhere.

please explain to those who are gin n' toniced !

AgentDaleCooper
27-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Nothing wrong with what he said IMO.

Winning doesn't have much to do with team lineup and subs IMO.

Its all to do with the mentality of the players.

Hopefully this win will bring back a winning mentality and the players can go on another winning streak.

Roll on the arabs!

...though it really helps if the other team are completely inept in front of goal.

a do agree that this may well bring back a positive mentality, but it's still a tad disconcerting that a sub wasn't made till the 85th minute when it was painfully clear we needed it half an hour before. god knows what would have happened if they'd scraped a goal.

as i said though, hopefully the result its self a first step in the right direction :agree:

khib70
27-03-2010, 11:45 PM
[/B]

please explain to those who are gin n' toniced !

OK:greengrin You can win one game, or even two "ugly". (we weren't "ugly" today, just crap). But if you set high standards and play football, you've got more chance in the long term.

AgentDaleCooper
27-03-2010, 11:49 PM

we didn't really 'win ugly' today - that involves not giving the other team a sniff of goal, planting a bus in front of the sticks etc. that CAN get you places, look at everton a few years back when they came fourth - just about every game they won was 1-0.

from what i gleaned off the radio, we were pish today and relied purely on the talent of our strikers that we are very lucky to have at our disposal.

jabis
27-03-2010, 11:56 PM
OK:greengrin You can win one game, or even two "ugly". (we weren't "ugly" today, just crap). But if you set high standards and play football, you've got more chance in the long term.

Aaaaahhhhhhh !

given the choise,in the last 10 games,I would have taken an extra 2 ugly wins,and as many "crap"wins as the good Lord see's fit.

cheers for clearing it up :greengrin

fife hfc
28-03-2010, 12:36 AM

Its could get rangers a double and has got them to the UEFA cup Final and come to think of it all their trophies in their history.

hibiedude
28-03-2010, 05:42 AM

It always surprises me when guys who were at the game come back with different opinions off how we played.

As said I’ve given up on Yogi because its crystal clear to me he hasn't got a clue, have a pop if you like but show me the evidence I’m wrong :rolleyes:

The Radio coverage yesterday was not good listening and the games I’ve witnessed first hand this season have been shocking.

Like last week if our opposition had there shooting boots on we could have suffered a heavy defeat but Luck was on our side yesterday and all 3 points were won by us.

We have the Arabs next who are the most improved side in the SPL and if we continue to play the way we have and that includes the Falkirk game we’ll get a doing.

Brizo
28-03-2010, 08:07 AM

Yorkie,could you PLEASE give us your qualifications,and your inside knowledge,regarding training,to make you think you know better than our current manager.

just interested likes !

Im sure Yorkie can fight his own battles but a lot of folk make this point whenever a managers criticised. When someone comes out of a film and says the acting was cr@p or someone comes out of a restaurant and says the meal was cr@p nobody ever says to them were you at film school or have you done a catering course. They accept their opinion based on a lifetime of watching films or eating :greengrin: And yet if anyone makes an opinion based on a lifetime of watching fitba its immediately show us your medals :faf:.

FWIW I was delighted with yesterdays win and as has so often been the case this season the difference between us and most of the competition is that we have quality upfront in Stokes and Deek. Other than that , better effort from the team but concerns that we were still outplayed for chunks of the game and were pretty gash for chunks of the game.

hibiedude
28-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Im sure Yorkie can fight his own battles but a lot of folk make this point whenever a managers criticised. When someone comes out of a film and says the acting was cr@p or someone comes out of a restaurant and says the meal was cr@p nobody ever says to them were you at film school or have you done a catering course. They accept their opinion based on a lifetime of watching films or eating :greengrin: And yet if anyone makes an opinion based on a lifetime of watching fitba its immediately show us your medals :faf:.

FWIW I was delighted with yesterdays win and as has so often been the case this season the difference between us and most of the competition is that we have quality upfront in Stokes and Deek. Other than that , better effort from the team but concerns that we were still outplayed for chunks of the game and were pretty gash for chunks of the game.

Listen if you keep posting like that you'll end up on my to view named list great reply Brizo :top marks cant wait to read his response

down-the-slope
28-03-2010, 08:31 AM
There is a big difference between knowing a meal or a film was rubbish, and having the ability to make a better one yourself however......

Lots of people suggesting better 'recipies' or 'scripts' who have never 'cooked' or 'directed' :devil:

Hibercelona
28-03-2010, 08:51 AM

It gets teams quite far actually.

All the top clubs in the world do it when they are having a bad day.

HFC 0-7
28-03-2010, 09:19 AM
It gets teams quite far actually.

All the top clubs in the world do it when they are having a bad day.

They dont have a bad 3 months though, where we cant even seem to win ugly. When the big teams win ugly they are still pretty solid across the park, we have been rank across the park for the last 3 months. Good teams will play well through a season peppered with the odd 'ugly win'. Bad teams will play bad for most of the season peppered with an ugly win.

I am delighted we won yesterday, but I am still very concerned how the players are performing and most of all how we are performing as a team. I thought Yogi would be the best at getting teams to gel, getting work rate up and getting confidence into a team. I am confused why Yogi seems unable to to instil any confidence and get the team playing as a 'team'

Dundee Utd is the biggest game of the season, if we win, with a decent performance it may be enough to get to the finish line. If we play badly and get beat, I fear that any confidence will be gone.

I just hope that on Wednesday we cheer them on with no booing during the game, but if another bad performance is turned in with no fight, then I think a chorus of boos at the final whistle will show the players the fans aint happy, but please, no boos during the match! (unless its for the ref or the Utd players!)

Bob Box Fish
28-03-2010, 09:20 AM

just interested likes !

For the majority of this season yogi has been talking the talk off the field but in terms of performances by the team on the park we have rarely produced any flair, drive , commitment , skill , mental toughness , dedication etc on the field.

Several times he has said ' we have goals in the team' which has saved us for the majority of the season where we have not performed but have fluked last min wins etc.

Over the last few weeks we have still Bern playing poor but not getting the flukey goals / wins again until yesterday. IMO take stokes out that team and we would be bottom six aschis goals have carried us this season.

My dad was at the game yesterday as he stays near Falkirk and as a pensioner
Got in the Falkirk end for £10. I spoke to him after the match and he said we were very poor and clinging on in the second half. Yes we had a 2 goal cushion but the chances Falkirk created could easily have brought them level / won.

Was I delighted we won- of course I was. I still think we are rotten as a team in terms of balance / tactics / attitude. I was at the killie game a few weeks ago I was also at tynie last weekend. I also pay my dads season ticket and follow everthing online etc. I think we have the right players but the wrong manager to make us a cup winning team / 3rd place.

Personally I can't listen to his rambling anymore pre / post match and as it is a public message board then I'm entitled to my opinion. If we get thirdbthen hats off to Yogi I was wrong. I didnt want him here in the first place there was obviously reasons why he dodged delegation on the last day of the season and as a manager I think he's an idiot from some of his post match comments / referee accusations / giving the v's to HIBS fans in the past.

Overall I think we have a good set of players who are badly organised/ managed and Yogi is now being found out.

Hibercelona
28-03-2010, 09:31 AM
They dont have a bad 3 months though, where we cant even seem to win ugly. When the big teams win ugly they are still pretty solid across the park, we have been rank across the park for the last 3 months. Good teams will play well through a season peppered with the odd 'ugly win'. Bad teams will play bad for most of the season peppered with an ugly win.

I am delighted we won yesterday, but I am still very concerned how the players are performing and most of all how we are performing as a team. I thought Yogi would be the best at getting teams to gel, getting work rate up and getting confidence into a team. I am confused why Yogi seems unable to to instil any confidence and get the team playing as a 'team'

Dundee Utd is the biggest game of the season, if we win, with a decent performance it may be enough to get to the finish line. If we play badly and get beat, I fear that any confidence will be gone.

I just hope that on Wednesday we cheer them on with no booing during the game, but if another bad performance is turned in with no fight, then I think a chorus of boos at the final whistle will show the players the fans aint happy, but please, no boos during the match! (unless its for the ref or the Utd players!)

Yes I agree.

And I do find if oddly strange that Yogi hasn't been able to instil some guts into the side yet.

Which leaves the big question. Who is at fault?

Is Yogi saying something wrong in the dressing room? Or are the players heads just too far up their own backsides?

Or maybe its a little bit of both.

But in any case, i'm looking forward to our game against Dundee Utd and even if we don't improve that much from yesterday but still win, i'd happily take that for now.

It's astonishing how we could see ourselves in 3rd again during the week.

allmodcons
28-03-2010, 09:38 AM
It always surprises me when guys who were at the game come back with different opinions off how we played.

As said I’ve given up on Yogi because its crystal clear to me he hasn't got a clue, have a pop if you like but show me the evidence I’m wrong :rolleyes:

The Radio coverage yesterday was not good listening and the games I’ve witnessed first hand this season have been shocking.

Like last week if our opposition had there shooting boots on we could have suffered a heavy defeat but Luck was on our side yesterday and all 3 points were won by us.

We have the Arabs next who are the most improved side in the SPL and if we continue to play the way we have and that includes the Falkirk game we’ll get a doing.

Simple. Have a look at the league table!

They say the league table never lies, but I'm sure you'll be able to make an argument that it does in our case (i.e. - lots of luck, poor opposition strikers, etc, etc) .

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2010, 09:47 AM
For the majority of this season yogi has been talking the talk off the field but in terms of performances by the team on the park we have rarely produced any flair, drive , commitment , skill , mental toughness , dedication etc on the field.

Several times he has said ' we have goals in the team' which has saved us for the majority of the season where we have not performed but have fluked last min wins etc.

Over the last few weeks we have still Bern playing poor but not getting the flukey goals / wins again until yesterday. IMO take stokes out that team and we would be bottom six aschis goals have carried us this season.

Got in the Falkirk end for £10. I spoke to him after the match and he said we were very poor and clinging on in the second half. Yes we had a 2 goal cushion but the chances Falkirk created could easily have brought them level / won.

Was I delighted we won- of course I was. I still think we are rotten as a team in terms of balance / tactics / attitude. I was at the killie game a few weeks ago I was also at tynie last weekend. I also pay my dads season ticket and follow everthing online etc. I think we have the right players but the wrong manager to make us a cup winning team / 3rd place.

Personally I can't listen to his rambling anymore pre / post match and as it is a public message board then I'm entitled to my opinion. If we get thirdbthen hats off to Yogi I was wrong. I didnt want him here in the first place there was obviously reasons why he dodged delegation on the last day of the season and as a manager I think he's an idiot from some of his post match comments / referee accusations / giving the v's to HIBS fans in the past.

Overall I think we have a good set of players who are badly organised/ managed and Yogi is now being found out.

Aye lucky/flucky again. I'm sick to death playing in Europe with a lucky team. All these European nights with our swashbuckling marauding teams are much better.:bitchy:

basehibby
28-03-2010, 09:59 AM

Pathetic fainthearted drivel :bitchy:

You want some evidence that Yogi HAS got a clue???

1) better points total after 30 games than after 38 games last season.
2) the signing of players like Stokes and Miller.
3) despite hitting a massive dip in form we're still well in the hunt for Europe.

That's some good solid indisputable pieces of EVIDENCE for you.

I'll admit that Yogi is not all things to all men and probably has got lessons to learn in football management. But to write him off as you have after less than a season in the job and after making such an excellent start is nothing short of astounding. Just glad the club isn't run by idiots like you or we'd have a new manager every 6 months and be permenantly in division 3. :bye:

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2010, 10:04 AM

3) despite hitting a massive dip in form we're still well in the hunt for Europe.

I'll admit that Yogi is not all things to all men and probably has got lessons to learn in football management. But to write him off as you have after less than a season in the job and after making such an excellent start is nothing short of astounding. Just glad the club isn't run by idiots like you or we'd have a new manager every 6 months and be permenantly in division 3. :bye:

:top marks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hibee_nation
28-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Listen if you keep posting like that you'll end up on my to view named list great reply Brizo :top marks cant wait to read his response

Think you may be top of quite a few lists of posters who continualy spout the most rubbish. :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
28-03-2010, 10:40 AM

Would you rather have it that Hibs had the majority of the play in games, but couldn't score a goal in a month of Sundays and lost 1-0 or 2-0 most weeks?

:confused:

Part/Time Supporter
28-03-2010, 10:48 AM

Nonsense argument.

Take Webster out of the United team and where would they be? They've conceded tons of goals when he hasn't played. eg their games v Rangers, the first time they've conceded less than three was the replay in the week when the Huns played half a team of youths. And taking him out of their team is far more realistic than taking Stokes away from Hibs, given that he's only on loan and will probably be playing regularly for the Huns next season.

More to the point, if Hibs hadn't signed Stokes in the first place, I would wager that Yogi would have used far more negative tactics this season. It wouldn't make much sense playing Riordan wide left if it was only two from Nish, Benji and Byrne playing as the two main strikers. Given that Stokes has played every game since signing, the only evidence to go on is the first game against St. Mirren. He played a fairly orthodox 4-4-2 that day with Nish and Riordan in attack. (tactics were altered somewhat later on as St. Mirren were down to 10 men)

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=605967

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Nonsense argument.

Take Webster out of the United team and where would they be? They've conceded tons of goals when he hasn't played. eg their games v Rangers, the first time they've conceded less than three was the replay in the week when the Huns played half a team of youths. And taking him out of their team is far more realistic than taking Stokes away from Hibs, given that he's only on loan and will probably be playing regularly for the Huns next season.

Exactly. Why would WE take Stokes out the team, but leave everyone else the same? Do Stokes goals not count anymore? The arguments some people make, to try and make our season look bad, astound me.:faf:

PC Stamp
28-03-2010, 11:04 AM

I respect your opinion with which I'll respectfully disagree. At 3-1 up I don't see that we were hanging on by our fingertips. At 1-1, or perhaps 2-1 up I could agree. However, IF (small word, big meaning) Falkirk had pulled a 2nd goal back, none of us have any idea what would have happened. We can surmise but we don't know. The same as many have been surmising what might have happened had Riordan not equalised immediately after Falkirk scored. Who cares? He did score, so it's irrelevant. It's all about what DID happen and not what might have happened. Winning football matches is down to scoring goals, not down to creating chances. We scored 3 they scored 1. It's that easy. Nothing to do with how many they could have scored but didn't!

The point I was making about flair football is this. Many Hibs supporters have this thing about us playing flair football yet most of us watching these days have seen Hibs play such football in nothing other than fleeting spurts. A few seasons under Eddie Turnbull (and even he couldn't sustain it). Maybe one each under Miller, McLeish & Mowbray and a half season under Collins.
We haven't played consistent flair football since the days of the Famous Five.
We'd maybe all like to see it, me included, but the point I was making was that I want to see Hibs win games first and foremost, not that I particularly want to see them do it every week in grind it out fashion. Yesterday for me was all about winning the game in the current climate. We did so and that's fine for now.

Others have poined out the "winning ugly" discrepancy in your viewpoint so I won't go into that.

hibiedude
28-03-2010, 11:10 AM

Show me the evidence over the last 3 months that Yogi has learned something' anything we toiled against the bottom team in the league and going by people comments who were there yesterday we were rank rotten.

I was at the Ross county game and that was as bad as it gets, so if I’m an idiot for saying Yogi hasn't got a clue how to get us out off this mess and you spout on about him making an excellent start which I agree because we were flying no question but team performances have been dire for MONTHS and Yogi hasn’t got the answer because if he did we wouldn’t be relying on the generosity off other teams to quartering chance after chance in front off goal.

Reading other people comments who were at the Falkirk game we were lucky out played during game for long spells by the bottom team in the SPL after the farce of the Hears and Ross County games so please tell me I’m interested really what has Yogi learned

So if you and others want to make personal remarks then please have the decency tell me and others on this site what we are clearly missing because the fans are staying away in Numbers’ why do you think that is ?

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Show me the evidence over the last 3 months that Yogi has learned something' anything we toiled against the bottom team in the league and going by people comments who were there yesterday we were rank rotten.

I was at the Ross county game and that was as bad as it gets, so if I’m an idiot for saying Yogi hasn't got a clue how to get us out off this mess and you spout on about him making an excellent start which I agree because we were flying no question but team performances have been dire for MONTHS and Yogi hasn’t got the answer because if he did we wouldn’t be relying on the generosity off other teams to quartering chance after chance in front off goal.

Reading other people comments who were at the Falkirk game we were lucky out played during game for long spells by the bottom team in the SPL after the farce of the Hears and Ross County games so please tell me I’m interested really what has Yogi learned

So if you and others want to make personal remarks then please have the decency tell me and others on this site what we are clearly missing because the fans are staying away in Numbers’ why do you think that is ?

He's probably forgotten more than you know. He learnt how to grind a result out yesterday when we needed it. Or was that wrong too? He's learnt how to get us an amount of points thats better than we achieved all last season, i suppose thats wrong too. I was there yesterday, and we were not lucky, we also missed a few opportunities, was that unlucky or lucky?

MussyHibby
28-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Not all teams that win by a goal deserve to win, but surely when you win by at least a couple, you deserve to win? Isn't about scoring goals, not about creating chances?

Cabbage1875
28-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I respect your opinion with which I'll respectfully disagree. At 3-1 up I don't see that we were hanging on by our fingertips. At 1-1, or perhaps 2-1 up I could agree. However, IF (small word, big meaning) Falkirk had pulled a 2nd goal back, none of us have any idea what would have happened. We can surmise but we don't know. The same as many have been surmising what might have happened had Riordan not equalised immediately after Falkirk scored. Who cares? He did score, so it's irrelevant. It's all about what DID happen and not what might have happened. Winning football matches is down to scoring goals, not down to creating chances. We scored 3 they scored 1. It's that easy. Nothing to do with how many they could have scored but didn't!

The point I was making about flair football is this. Many Hibs supporters have this thing about us playing flair football yet most of us watching these days have seen Hibs play such football in nothing other than fleeting spurts. A few seasons under Eddie Turnbull (and even he couldn't sustain it). Maybe one each under Miller, McLeish & Mowbray and a half season under Collins.
We haven't played consistent flair football since the days of the Famous Five.
We'd maybe all like to see it, me included, but the point I was making was that I want to see Hibs win games first and foremost, not that I particularly want to see them do it every week in grind it out fashion. Yesterday for me was all about winning the game in the current climate. We did so and that's fine for now.

Others have poined out the "winning ugly" discrepancy in your viewpoint so I won't go into that.
I dont want to see this 'flair' football myth. I want to see an organised unit with players who will run through brickwalls for eachother. We are not seeing this just now, and of course I'm delighted that we are in the hunt for Europe still and of course I want Yogi to succeed. If you're going to all the games (which I assume most will be here) you will have been seeing the same lack of width, the same powderpuff midfield, the same failure to defend corners time and again that I have been seeing.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I dont want to see this 'flair' football myth. I want to see an organised unit with players who will run through brickwalls for eachother. We are not seeing this just now, and of course I'm delighted that we are in the hunt for Europe still and of course I want Yogi to succeed. If you're going to all the games (which I assume most will be here) you will have been seeing the same lack of width, the same powderpuff midfield, the same failure to defend corners time and again that I have been seeing.

I agree with a lot of that, although perhaps the manager does not think we have the players at the club to play that way, and is gambling on getting us as high in the league, playing the way we are, and will address those issues in the summer.

If we are still seeing the same things this time next season, then we will have problems, but 8 months is no time to build a team.

hibiedude
28-03-2010, 11:34 AM
He's probably forgotten more than you know. He learnt how to grind a result out yesterday when we needed it. Or was that wrong too? He's learnt how to get us an amount of points thats better than we achieved all last season, i suppose thats wrong too. I was there yesterday, and we were not lucky, we also missed a few opportunities, was that unlucky or lucky?

Sorry BH I've seen nothing since the 4-1 defeat against Rangers that will convince me that Yogi is the man to get us out of this mess. I have attened a lot of these game over that period and its been shocking.

For a man who spent a lifetime playing football I would be shocked if I knew about football than him but saying that' it doesnt make him a great manager.

Cabbage1875
28-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I agree with a lot of that, although perhaps the manager does not think we have the players at the club to play that way, and is gambling on getting us as high in the league, playing the way we are, and will address those issues in the summer.

If we are still seeing the same things this time next season, then we will have problems, but 8 months is no time to build a team.

I agree with you, Yogi will have an idea of who he wants to keep at he club for next season and who he doesn't. I'm not on the hysterical 'yogi out' bandwagon yet but there are many things that need addressed despite our good position in the league.

500miles
28-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Sorry BH I've seen nothing since the 4-1 defeat against Rangers that will convince me that Yogi is the man to get us out of this mess. I have attened a lot of these game over that period and its been shocking.

For a man who spent a lifetime playing football I would be shocked if I knew about football than him but saying that' it doesnt make him a great manager.

What mess? Europe in our own hands? 10 points above our local rivals? You're going to have to explain the "mess" part.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2010, 11:46 AM

You dont need to apologies to me, you are entitled to your opinion as much as i am. I disagree with you, I'm happy with things the way they are going, I'm happy we are progressing, the stats do not lie. The footballs not the best, but one thing at a time. I'm not happy we had a dip in results, I'm not happy we lost in the cup, but I believe we will see a different type of player arrive next season, and a few will leave. From ***** to challenging in 8 months, how much more do you want in such a short space of time?

hibiedude
28-03-2010, 12:16 PM
You dont need to apologies to me, you are entitled to your opinion as much as i am. I disagree with you, I'm happy with things the way they are going, I'm happy we are progressing, the stats do not lie. The footballs not the best, but one thing at a time. I'm not happy we had a dip in results, I'm not happy we lost in the cup, but I believe we will see a different type of player arrive next season, and a few will leave. From ***** to challenging in 8 months, how much more do you want in such a short space of time?

When a new manager arrives it gives a the club a great lift no question but as said since the defeat by Rangers we have been in free fall' team formation/tactics are a major issue.

Like all Hibs fans I want to speak about the positive things that are happening on field but there isn’t any in my opinion.

We can bring in new players in the summer and offload the dead wood but you cant buy tactical awareness’ if Yogi went out a bought Lionel Messi he would play him in Goals.

I don’t get how a player can be great one week and poor the next ’ its clear when you see the shape of the team its wrong and that’s surly down to the Manager.

PC Stamp
28-03-2010, 01:13 PM
I agree with you, Yogi will have an idea of who he wants to keep at he club for next season and who he doesn't. I'm not on the hysterical 'yogi out' bandwagon yet but there are many things that need addressed despite our good position in the league.

Of course there are, but Yogi has said on at least 101 occasions even just a week or two ago that we are a million miles yet from where he wants us to be. One transfer window in reality not including the recent January one which may as well be done away with for all the movement that happens is hardly giving him time. He'll have a clear idea of who he wants to keep AND who who wants to bring in. That however is still an issue because players he wants to lose may still be under contract and CAN'T just be told to go to then replaced by others. If they can be moved on that's great and then it frees up salary space. If they can't though then he has no option but to wait 'til their contracts run out. It's back to this old Dundee Utd have got it right argument. They maybe have for now and it's taken them 3-4 years to do so. The trick for them now is to sustain it. Many teams have been best of the rest but rarely for any length of time. Whoever can achieve that will be the someone who knows what they are doing and doing for the long term, not just short term.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2010, 01:32 PM
When a new manager arrives it gives a the club a great lift no question but as said since the defeat by Rangers we have been in free fall' team formation/tactics are a major issue.

Like all Hibs fans I want to speak about the positive things that are happening on field but there isn’t any in my opinion.

We can bring in new players in the summer and offload the dead wood but you cant buy tactical awareness’ if Yogi went out a bought Lionel Messi he would play him in Goals.

I don’t get how a player can be great one week and poor the next ’ its clear when you see the shape of the team its wrong and that’s surly down to the Manager.
What about a higher league total points than all of last season? What about us fighting for 3rd? Does this not count as progress anymore?

sahib
28-03-2010, 02:13 PM

It may be a difficult phenomenon to explain but it is a very commonly occurring one. It could almost be said to be one of the fundamental laws of football.

silverhibee
28-03-2010, 03:15 PM

Spot on PC, at no point sitting in the stand yesterday in the second half did i think wee were clinging on to our lead in the last 45mins, okay they had there chances but never took them but i felt if the team wanted to move up a gear to get another goal wee could have done so, jee whizz, Hibs won 1-3 away from home and some Hibs fans are still moaning about anything they can about the team.

basehibby
28-03-2010, 03:20 PM

I understand you being pissed about the Hearts and Ross County games - I go to most of the home games and can honestly say that the team haven't been firing on all cylinders since the back to back victories over Hamilton & Celtic.

So what HAS Yogi learned? I'd say for one thing he's learnt something about the mental and physical resilience of the team as a whole - something which sadly doesn't currently match the footballing talent in the side, and something which sadly can't be changed overnight.
There's some aspects of Yogi's stewardship which I also struggle to understand - if I was in his shoes I'd probably be using the subs earlier and would have tried Bamba in the midfield holding role before now for example. But does that mean that I'm all right and he's all wrong???

I'm big enough to admit that i DON'T have all the answers - and that Hughes - the manager who's managed to make the signings and build and organise the team who are currently challenging for Europe - will have his own reasons and philosophies for making the decisions he has done.

Hughes undoubtably has his own strengths and weaknesses - as any manager does. In my opinion his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses and he will come good again before this season is out. I'm not certain that we'll end up in 3rd place - this wed's game may go a long way to deciding that - but I'm fairly certain that we'll be able to look back on this season as a major improvement on the two that went before.

You asked me what you and others are missing - well, if you ask me that can be summed up in one word - perspective. If you're making a judgement on Hughes then make it in comparison to what went before and have the patience and forebearance to make that judgement over the course of a season rather than over a particular good or bad spell.

ekhibee
28-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Although I was firmly of the opinion that Yogi really didn't know what to do about our situation over the last couple of months, and that he was doing pretty well bugger all to change it, this audio interview was quite different from his usual diatribe, the jokey attitude was definitely missing, and I thought he held his corner well and even though he still used one or two 'the boys done well' kind of comments he genuinely sounded like somebody who has hardened up and is ready for a fight. Just my opinion of course, but for those who haven't heard it I would suggest you listen now, because this is a quite different response from him to the one's we're used to hearing.

jabis
28-03-2010, 10:43 PM
:yawn:

cheers for the reasoned response,at the moment,'m far to tired to take up some of the points you've mentioned,but some others have :thumbsup:

mjhibby
29-03-2010, 01:34 PM
I just wish that whatever we think of yogis tactics that everybody would get behind yogi and the boys on wednesday.We are 2 points off europe and all yogi seems to get is criticism.We are all entitled to our opinion but surely we would have taken this league psoition at the start of the season.

greenlex
29-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I just wish that whatever we think of yogis tactics that everybody would get behind yogi and the boys on wednesday.We are 2 points off europe and all yogi seems to get is criticism.We are all entitled to our opinion but surely we would have taken this league psoition at the start of the season.
You are wasting your breath. We are crap and Ross ****ing County knocked us out the Scottish Cup dontcha know.

The_Todd
29-03-2010, 08:56 PM
This messageboard hasn't been the same since we stopped blaming the Tache for everything under the sun. Where'd the Rod hate go?