PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Long suffering
27-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Wasnt at the game but who played well?

monktonharp
27-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Murray Bamba and Stack although he still wont come for crosses, all did very well. Miller more involved and passing good,Nish Riordan were my next best,Rankin..............nuff said.

hibsboy90
27-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Murray Bamba and Stack although he still wont come for crosses, all did very well. Miller more involved and passing good,Nish Riordan were my next best,Rankin..............nuff said.

For 15m when we scored, second half was invisible. Rankin at least gives commitment for 90m, and doesnt moan when it goes wrong for him.....

Apart from that,completely agree :wink:

Hiber-nation
27-03-2010, 06:37 PM

Thought Thicot played very well. Centre mid was unbelievably weak, agree about Rankin, worse than a man short.

We'd have struggled to win today against any other SPL team but we did it so surely a wee confidence boost for Wednesday.

woody47
27-03-2010, 06:51 PM
For 15m when we scored, second half was invisible. Rankin at least gives commitment for 90m, and doesnt moan when it goes wrong for him.....

Whats the point of giving commitment when you give the ball away EVERY time. I don't remember him getting one pass correct the whole afternoon.
As for Miller......He was posted missing for most of the game.
Stack pulled off a few great saves but if he came off his bl00dy line we wouldn't be in a situation where he would need to make the save in the first place. Does he have lead boots or what?
As for management - HAVE YOU HEARD OF SUBSTITIONS? we were crying out for a change in the 2nd half but it was left until 5 minutes before the end before bringing on Cregg to bolster the midfield.
We were lucky today and I am happy to take the 3 pts but if we had been playing a half decent team we would have been murdered.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Only Stack would get pass marks from me. We were completely outplayed at times today and almost for all of the second half.:grr:

hibsboy90
27-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Whats the point of giving commitment when you give the ball away EVERY time. I don't remember him getting one pass correct the whole afternoon.
As for Miller......He was posted missing for most of the game.
Stack pulled off a few great saves but if he came off his bl00dy line we wouldn't be in a situation where he would need to make the save in the first place. Does he have lead boots or what?
As for management - HAVE YOU HEARD OF SUBSTITIONS? we were crying out for a change in the 2nd half but it was left until 5 minutes before the end before bringing on Cregg to bolster the midfield.
We were lucky today and I am happy to take the 3 pts but if we had been playing a half decent team we would have been murdered.

Yes, but i don't think it's worth dropping him, he seemed one of the only players to consistently charge down the Falkirk players on the edge of the box, and block shots. He did this on several opportunities.

Riordan - yes he scored today, but he looked interested for 20m max. Before his goal he also fluffed a few decent chances.

Riordan deserved to get dropped (as did half the side) folowing his performance on tuesday.

I can forgive a poor performance if they put effort in, not a poor performance when they don't try.

All of course IMHO.

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Stack 7 (good saves but like dracula)
Thicot 7 (defended well and kept Flynn quiet)
murray 7 (exposed by lack of midfielder in front of him but dug in)
bamba 8 (showed plenty of comitment and led by example)
Hogg 7 (passing poor but stuck in there with dogged defending)
Miller 6 (tries to do too much but behind out best moves)
Rankin 6 (not the best quality but fought hard when required)
riordan 4 (for a fantastic free kick done nothing else)
Zemmama 0 (obviously too cold for his liking)
Nish 6 (Like rankin)
Stokes 5 (another goal and unlucky not to score again but lacks support)

Wotherspoon 4 (looks very short on confidence)
Cregg 3 (got stuck in)

greenlex
27-03-2010, 07:16 PM
I think Rankin is getting it tight for being our best midfielder by a mile today and it confuses the **** out me. Miller and Wotherspoon were largely anonymous and rankin was covering for both or most of the game and Rirodan for the whole of the second half. Granted the ball was pinging over his head for the most of that second half but to single him out for being poor is just ridiculous IMO.
Thichot kept a lively Flynn quiet for the best part of the game .
Falkirk for the whole of the second half were launching ball after ball into our box and we coped. Just but we coped. Falkirk's race was run with 10 mins left and it was clear they were never gonna score.

hibsbollah
27-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Really pleased folk are saying Thicot played well:agree: Hopefully he'll get more of a chance to prove himself.

Long suffering
27-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Really pleased folk are saying Thicot played well:agree: Hopefully he'll get more of a chance to prove himself.

yep i agree. hes always performed well when called upon and i think many confuse his composed style with laid backness

Jonnyboy
27-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Only Stack would get pass marks from me. We were completely outplayed at times today and almost for all of the second half.:grr:

NH I could not disagree more mate. Stack had a wonderful save in the first half but after that he stuck to his line so many times it's amazing Falkirk didn't score more. One particular instance in the second half scared the ***** out of me when a free kick was delivered from the left with pace and Stack stood there arms cupped to receive the ball only for a Falkirk player to get in ahead of him and header it just over the bar.

As to the others I thought Murray and Bamba put in good shifts although I agree with you re them bossing the second half :agree:

Bayern Bru
27-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Stack 8 - Kept us in it, couple of great saves.
Thicot 7 - I'd like to see him given a run at RB - hard tackler and decent defender, didn't disappoint.
Murray 7 - The usual steady, no-nonsense performance.
Bamba 8 - Despite a couple of hiccups, looks to be reaching pre-ACoN form
Hogg 7 - Glad to see him back, didn't do much wrong.
Miller 6 - Another who showed signs of previous form.
Rankin 6 - Put in a decent shift, confused by the anti-Rankin brigade giving him pelters.
Riordan 6 - Great FK, faded entirely in the second half though.
Zemmama - N/A
Nish 7 - Another who put in a good shift, unlucky at times but reckon his height etc. does cause defences problems.
Stokes 6 - Deflected goal and looked more up for it than he has done.

SUBS

Wotherspoon 5 - Nothing particularly spectacular from Spoon, confidence looks low.
Cregg 2 - No time to really make an impact

Spike Mandela
27-03-2010, 10:02 PM

Yeah I love paying a fortune every year to watch Rankin give commitment for 90mins. Cannae be bothered wi all they pesky , boring goals that Riordan scores.:yawn:

Bad Martini
27-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah I love paying a fortune every year to watch Rankin give commitment for 90mins. Cannae be bothered wi all they pesky , boring goals that Riordan scores.:yawn:

:greengrin

Nae point in starting us off on the right footing, battering in the goal and getting it moving the right way....best to chase the ball, defend, do **** all right and tangible BUT, look ****ed and red faced after the game.

THAT, is devoootion for ye :grr: :greengrin

OR...KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45817000/jpg/_45817660_riordan_goal.jpg

and, endof for the keeper.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 10:18 PM
:greengrin

Nae point in starting us off on the right footing, battering in the goal and getting it moving the right way....best to chase the ball, defend, do **** all right and tangible BUT, look ****ed and red faced after the game.

THAT, is devoootion for ye :grr: :greengrin

OR...KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45817000/jpg/_45817660_riordan_goal.jpg

and, endof for the keeper.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thing is, if we don't have players to do the chasing etc then deek will no score any of the goals that get us off our feet. we need the donkeys to do the work for our thoroughbreds to bang in the goals.