PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Dundee Utd (pre match thread)

Jim44
27-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Although D.Utd. are the form team just now, there's not all that much on paper between the two teams. I think Wednesday's game will boil down to how the managers set the teams up and motivate them, plus how they react to the course of events in the game.

noseyhibby
27-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Although D.Utd. are the form team just now, there's not all that much on paper between the two teams. I think Wednesday's game will boil down to how the managers set the teams up and motivate them, plus how they react to the course of events in the game.

Dundee United at this moment in time, sadly, are streets ahead of Hibs in terms of playing as a team full of passion, fight, and self belief. Of course it was good to get a win against Falkirk, but by all accounts it was a typical Hibs backs to the wall job again, at no time did Hibs exert any authority on the game or dictate events. I feel that The Arabs have too much strength for us to cope with and I can only see a victory for them on Wednesday night. Of course I'd love to be proved wrong.

ronaldo7
27-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Bring them on:notworthy:

Eaststand
27-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Bring them on:notworthy:
Wed nite is goni be one of our most important games all season, cos if we win it we put a big dent in their confidence while we boost ours by putting the ropey spell behind us
WE can all help our team by putting all the negative stuff away for the night, and if one of our players makes a mistake, accept that it happens, and maybe that'll help them on a nervy night for all.

C'mon the Cabbage, we can do it on Wednesday

GGTTH

maximushibee
27-03-2010, 06:46 PM
good thing about UTD recent form and results is it change and will change soo why not against hibs at easter road.. have we not already beaten utd this season? why not do it again and get us back to 3rd Go on the hibees:notworthy:

hibee_girl
27-03-2010, 06:48 PM
good thing about UTD recent form and results is it change and will change soo why not against hibs at easter road.. have we not already beated utd this season? why not do it again and get us back to 3rd Go on the hibees:notworthy:

No we haven't won against Utd this season

hibsbollah
27-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Dundee United at this moment in time, sadly, are streets ahead of Hibs in terms of playing as a team full of passion, fight, and self belief. Of course it was good to get a win against Falkirk, but by all accounts it was a typical Hibs backs to the wall job again, at no time did Hibs exert any authority on the game or dictate events. I feel that The Arabs have too much strength for us to cope with and I can only see a victory for them on Wednesday night. Of course I'd love to be proved wrong.

Have you ever considered a career as a motivational speaker?

Part/Time Supporter
27-03-2010, 06:52 PM

:confused:

Isn't that precisely what Hibs have been criticised for in the past, ie folding like a tent when under pressure and giving the opposition the game.

maximushibee
27-03-2010, 06:57 PM
my bad drew 1 each and got beat 1 nil.. no time like the present i guess victory wednesday could reshape out season me thinks

ronaldo7

:agree: 1-1 at Easter Road and we lost 1-0 up at Tannadice.

We can do them this time though:thumbsup:

Hibby K
Dundee United have a big physical prescence and this is the type of team that Hibs have found very difficult to beat this season.
This is where we'll find out if we're still a 'soft touch' and easily bullied.
Definitely a game where ball has to be kept on the ground as we'll not win much in the air.

Jim44
27-03-2010, 06:59 PM

..........like, eh, Watt Nicol? Try Hector Nicol. :greengrin

down-the-slope
27-03-2010, 07:03 PM
We are still a team that seems to play better the better the opposition is...so I reckon we might just get a result...should be a cracker...

If pushed I would say scoring draw is most likley result.

However as posted a day or so back..IF we were to get the next 9 points...suddenly we would be world beaters pushing for second spot :wink:

Well thats 3 in the bag :greengrin

HibbyAndy
27-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Think im right in thinking Utd have a pathetic record at ER since 2000, Lets hope that continues.

Westie1875
27-03-2010, 08:32 PM
I do hope the Utd love in will have stopped by then. With the way fans are going on at the moment about how wonderful they are and how crap we are we may as well forfeit the game now.

At this rate it isn't going to take much for the fans in the stands to turn against the team on Wednesday night so folk may as well go and sit in the Utd end if they're going to have the same attitude at the game.

Can we perhaps try supporting Hibs on Wednesday night? :greengrin :wink:

HibbyAndy
27-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I do hope the Utd love in will have stopped by then. With the way fans are going on at the moment about how wonderful they are and how crap we are we may as well forfeit the game now.

At this rate it isn't going to take much for the fans in the stands to turn against the team on Wednesday night so folk may as well go and sit in the Utd end if they're going to have the same attitude at the game.

Great post.

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Think im right in thinking Utd have a pathetic record at ER since 2000, Lets hope that continues.

Your right there Andy, since 2000 United's record at ER is

P17 W 2 D 4 L 11

Unfortunately, they are probably the form team in the league at the moment, so it'll be a bloody tough game. Still, a great incentive to win and go back to 3rd. :thumbsup:

truehibernian
27-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Motherwell were a form team and got pumped by 10 man United. Here is hoping that the win today, coupled with the fact that the fans will be a bit more positive, will lead to a cheeky wee win for Hibs. Certainly can't give United as many corners as we gave Falkirk today though. Could go either way, hence I will plump for a score draw.

Toaods
27-03-2010, 08:53 PM
If Houston has any tactical savvy...he'll play 4-4-2 with Daly up front to keep Bamba back pinned back with Goodwillie up against Hogg.

For me whatever duo comes out on tops there wins the game.

truehibernian
27-03-2010, 08:56 PM
If I am right, one of their full backs was sent off today, so we should really play with a wee bit width and take advantage of their only real weakness, Kovecevic and whoever they play on the left. They are strong in the middle, and at centre half. Up front they rely on Goodwillie's pace (on the flank sometimes) and a target man in Daly. Makings of a good game IMO

greenlex
27-03-2010, 09:01 PM
If I am right, one of their full backs was sent off today, so we should really play with a wee bit width and take advantage of their only real weakness, Kovecevic and whoever they play on the left. They are strong in the middle, and at centre half. Up front they rely on Goodwillie's pace (on the flank sometimes) and a target man in Daly. Makings of a good game IMO
Dixon. Shocking challenge and a straight red. Just watching it on Alba. Half time. Motherwell have had their chances it has to be said.
OH and dont hold your breath for any width in this team Yogi puts out its one of the main faults IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2010, 09:05 PM

:top marks 3-2 Hibs.

frazeHFC
27-03-2010, 09:05 PM
They have Gomis, Bauben etc in midfield and i am afraid to say without Bamba or Murray in midfield i feel we have no chance, nevertheless, bring them on :agree:

truehibernian
27-03-2010, 09:08 PM
It will be like two wee subbuteo teams playing on Wednesday...........Battle of The SPL Hobbits. Whose ring will be able to handle it :faf:

Kevvy1875
27-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Looking forward to the match:thumbsup:

This is a massive match and hopefully the 3pts we got today will go a long way to giving the lads alot more confidence for the game.

Cant remember the last time Utd beat us at ER tbh....must have been a while ago.

I predict a draw at worst for us but think we can scrape a narrow win here:greengrin

ekhibee
27-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Well it's certainly possible that we could get something from this game, but I just think DU at the moment are at pretty well peak form, and IMO they look a good side. I was at the first game against them at ER this season, and contrary to a lot of posters on here, even though we dominated the 1st half and could easily have been more than 1 up at half time, in the second half IMO they were just as dominant. Score draw could well be the outcome here, it's not a game I would consider betting on.

Hainan Hibs
27-03-2010, 09:21 PM

Could do, but nah, I'm going to give it big licks with chants of "UNITED UNITED" :greengrin

HibbyAndy
27-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Could do, but nah, I'm going to give it big licks with chants of "UNITED UNITED" :greengrin

Why?

Hainan Hibs
27-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Why?

Meant as a joke. I'll be cheering on the Hibees as usual.:notworthy:

HibbyAndy
27-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Meant as a joke. I'll be cheering on the Hibees as usual.:notworthy:

:thumbsup:

Mon the Cabbage :cool2:

andudare2
27-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Looking forward to the match:thumbsup:

This is a massive match and hopefully the 3pts we got today will go a long way to giving the lads alot more confidence for the game.

Cant remember the last time Utd beat us at ER tbh....must have been a while ago.

I predict a draw at worst for us but think we can scrape a narrow win here:greengrin
did they not win 2-1 at er. last season?

Bad Martini
27-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Surely one would need to be absolutely stone radge to work oot the mind and inner workings of Hibs.

Bichrist, the paper team/form and all that sheite goes right oot the windae with Hibs. FFS, we get pish like Ross County and they give us jip yet, we turn of the glasgasellick on their patch.

We put baith halves ay the auld firm oot the cup then get gubbed fi ***** like Livvy.

There is no logic, where Hibs are concerned. Most sensible people today had nae money on the cabbage to win..."on paper", based on form and oor exploits of late, we were lucky to leave alive.

Yet, we scud them.

So, am ****ed if ah have a clue how this one is gon and ah defy any genius to work it oot.....fill yer boots wi whattever bookie is yer poison and take yer chances cause short of spraffin wi the almighty (or those "in the the know" on this here site") you have NO way of knowing what the **** is gonna happen.

Ah'll tell ye this tho, it'll be naewhere near as funny as straight forward as a simple gubbing. Form or not.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

johnrebus
27-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Surely one would need to be absolutely stone radge to work oot the mind and inner workings of Hibs.

Bichrist, the paper team/form and all that sheite goes right oot the windae with Hibs. FFS, we get pish like Ross County and they give us jip yet, we turn of the glasgasellick on their patch.

We put baith halves ay the auld firm oot the cup then get gubbed fi ***** like Livvy.

There is no logic, where Hibs are concerned. Most sensible people today had nae money on the cabbage to win..."on paper", based on form and oor exploits of late, we were lucky to leave alive.

Yet, we scud them.

So, am ****ed if ah have a clue how this one is gon and ah defy any genius to work it oot.....fill yer boots wi whattever bookie is yer poison and take yer chances cause short of spraffin wi the almighty (or those "in the the know" on this here site") you have NO way of knowing what the **** is gonna happen.

Ah'll tell ye this tho, it'll be naewhere near as funny as straight forward as a simple gubbing. Form or not.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

:top marks

Did you know that Albert Einstien actually pegged oot whilst trying to work out the Hibernian Conundrum?

His brain just could'nae hack it.

:dead:

Bad Martini
27-03-2010, 10:02 PM

Did you know that Albert Einstien actually pegged oot whilst trying to work out the Hibernian Conundrum?

His brain just could'nae hack it.

:dead:

This boy got close but then, kaboooooooooooooooooooooom, up come that Livvy final and he was donald ducked:

http://rightvoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/head-exploding.jpg

...or, was it trying to figure oot where all the Brazilian World Cup stars ended up that summer :greengrin

johnrebus
27-03-2010, 10:03 PM
This boy got close but then, kaboooooooooooooooooooooom, up come that Livvy final and he was donald ducked:

http://rightvoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/head-exploding.jpg

...or, was it trying to figure oot where all the Brazilian World Cup stars ended up that summer :greengrin

Christ, I think I've just pished masel.

:faf::faf::faf:

SloopJB
27-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Wont be able to go to the Dundee United game which is a pisser as I was able to make the original fixture

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-03-2010, 10:11 PM
did they not win 2-1 at er. last season?

Yep, they're only other win at ER since 1998 was 1-0 in January 2002.

Pete
27-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I can smell a draw.

I'd happily take a draw right now.

Removed
27-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I can smell a draw.

I'd happily take a draw right now.

Nah, we can take them and get our noses in front pre the split.

Big question really is where will you be parked up :wink:

noseyhibby
27-03-2010, 10:28 PM

Just telling it as I see it. I will be there to cheer the Hibs on and keeping my fingers crossed that somehow it all comes together for our boys. Whatever I say on this board that appears negative stays on this board. At the game I never boo and give encouragement even when it's all going against us -as exasperating as this can be.

noseyhibby
27-03-2010, 10:30 PM
:confused:

Isn't that precisely what Hibs have been criticised for in the past, ie folding like a tent when under pressure and giving the opposition the game.

I take your point but a better side would likely have won todays game. This said I am slightly encouraged but far, far from convinced.

hibsbollah
27-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Just telling it as I see it. I will be there to cheer the Hibs on and keeping my fingers crossed that somehow it all comes together for our boys. Whatever I say on this board that appears negative stays on this board. At the game I never boo and give encouragement even when it's all going against us -as exasperating as this can be.

Well, there you go. I'm a happy clapper on here but boo and shout abuse at every player within earshot when im actually at the match. It takes all sorts eh?:cool2:

noseyhibby
27-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Well, there you go. I'm a happy clapper on here but boo and shout abuse at every player within earshot when im actually at the match. It takes all sorts eh?:cool2:

It does indeed.Ha ha. This game does funny things to all of us.:wink:

noseyhibby
27-03-2010, 11:31 PM
:top marks 3-2 Hibs.

I always support the Hibs during the game and keep all the negative stuff for this site. The United game is now our biggest of the season and one that we desperately need to win. I will take a sneeky 1-0 last minute goal against the balance of play.

Pete
27-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Nah, we can take them and get our noses in front pre the split.

Big question really is where will you be parked up :wink:

Why do you need to know?

You can probably take your bike and park it against the turnstile wall on a wednesday night.:greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
28-03-2010, 12:00 AM
think we may well be pretty fired up for this one, no idea how it'll turn out but think it'll be a good game:thumbsup:

hibiedude
28-03-2010, 05:58 AM

The Arabs who are the most improved side in the SPL and if we continue to play the way we have and that includes the Falkirk game we’ll get a doing.

The Arabs have a big physical side and if we get involved in a battle we’ll lose, get the ball on the ground and get our flair players running at there 5 man midfield and stokes and Roirdan should find space at the back.

Murray and Bamba are going to be busy guys but if we win this could be the game that changes our recent poor form around.

I'll go for a draw

EasterRoad4Ever
28-03-2010, 08:34 AM

Tried that at Tynie. Tried that at Dingwall. No problem recognising that Utd are streets ahead of Hibs is every way except we've got a couple of players who can score goals out of the blue. If Utd really want it on Wed, I don't see this Hibs team having nearly enough to stop em.

Craig_in_Prague
28-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Should I watch Hibs defend against UTD on Wed, or Arsenal v Barca :confused:

Hainan Hibs
28-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Should I watch Hibs defend against UTD on Wed, or Arsenal v Barca :confused:

As a Hibs fan it should be an answer of Hibs.

Craig_in_Prague
28-03-2010, 09:20 AM
As a Hibs fan it should be an answer of Hibs.

yeah I will watch the Hibs.... but watching Barca really makes you realize why we love football...........

Big big game for Hibs too, so definitely will watch it.......... but as soon as the game starts, it'll be like.... 'oh god' ...... long night.

allmodcons
28-03-2010, 09:24 AM

Why so negative?

Outside of the Old Firm we've got the best home record in the SPL.

Scored more goals than anyone esle and conceded fewer than anyone else.

Utd are a decent side, but no way should we fear them at ER.

basehibby
28-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Wed vs Utd is a season -defining game IMO. Utd were always going to be the big challengers for 3rd place along with Hibs so it's appropriate that the victors on Wed will be in third spot.

It will be as tough a match as we've seen all season at ER and will require top performances throughout the team and maximum encouragement from the stands will not hurt either.

I hope Zemama is not out for this one as his ability to run at players would make a big difference for us. Even without Zouma though, we still have two of the most lethal strikers in the league in Riordan and Stokes. Top drawer performances will be required from back to front though as the Arabs also have players to punish us if we have an off night.

Judas Iscariot
28-03-2010, 10:52 AM

Sniff

MussyHibby
28-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Just looking at the midweek fixtures and was wondering, has anyone here even given the remotest thought to missing the Utd game becasue of the attraction of Arsenal v Barcelona? I'd hope not.:bitchy:

Historically, who's not gone to a game at ER because the tele' game was of greater appeal?

Hibbyradge
28-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm disappointed that I'm missing the Arsenal game - it's a mouth watering prospect - but I'd never miss a Hibs game at Easter Road to watch another team instead.

There will be those who do, though.

I guess if Hibs were away on Wednesday, a good few folk who might have considered travelling, could be tempted to stay in Edinburgh and the same will apply to the United fans.

I don't expect more than 11000 will attend.

BroxburnHibee
28-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Its the second leg that matters though.

BEEJ
28-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Tried that at Tynie. Tried that at Dingwall. No problem recognising that Utd are streets ahead of Hibs is every way except we've got a couple of players who can score goals out of the blue. If Utd really want it on Wed, I don't see this Hibs team having nearly enough to stop em.
Careful.

With posts like that you'll have a host of fellow Hibs supporters accusing you of being from the dark side. :wink:

Don't you realise that yesterday's result has more than made up for the previous two reversals? The fact that the performance for large chunks of the game apparently left much to be desired seems to be neither here nor there.

We're back now and the Arabs better watch out! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
28-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Its the second leg that matters though.

Arsenal at home to Barca will be the most attractive game, imo.

I'll record it. :wink:

MSK
28-03-2010, 12:30 PM
If its on cooncil telly i may watch it ..if no then its the hibs game on the tranny ...:rolleyes:

truehibernian
28-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Zlatan Ibrahimovic versus Colin "Offside Trap" Nish.............come on eh, no contest surely. Nishy falling over his own feet in the centre circle is worth the admission money alone. Skyplus the CL game and go to cheer on the Hibees :agree:

fife hfc
28-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Zlatan Ibrahimovic versus Colin "Offside Trap" Nish.............come on eh, no contest surely. Nishy falling over his own feet in the centre circle is worth the admission money alone. Skyplus the CL game and go to cheer on the Hibees :agree:

:tsk tsk: :greengrin I must admit yesterday he was making me laugh with some of the things he tried and failed to carry off. As they say god loves a trier.

basehibby
28-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Careful.

With posts like that you'll have a host of fellow Hibs supporters accusing you of being from the dark side. :wink:

Don't you realise that yesterday's result has more than made up for the previous two reversals? The fact that the performance for large chunks of the game apparently left much to be desired seems to be neither here nor there.

We're back now and the Arabs better watch out! :greengrin

Results ARE important though - VERY important! I've seen Hibs teams in the past going great guns on the performance front, then losing a game and the confidence saps and everything goes downhill.

Equally, it can work the other way round - jammy win leads to boost to morale and easing of nerves which leads to improved performances - which is surely what we're all hoping to see this wednesday.

Obviously good performances tend to yield good results though - and good performances are much more enjoyable to watch from the stands. Give me a jammy 1-0 off someone's erse on wednesday though and I'll be happy as can be.

Eaststand
28-03-2010, 02:27 PM
I always support the Hibs during the game and keep all the negative stuff for this site. The United game is now our biggest of the season and one that we desperately need to win. I will take a sneeky 1-0 last minute goal against the balance of play.

Spot on, and even a scappy win will do me, cos playing well, but getting beat gets us nowhere.
Points are what a league is about, and points make (europa) prizes

GGTTH

basehibby
28-03-2010, 02:40 PM
:tsk tsk: :greengrin I must admit yesterday he was making me laugh with some of the things he tried and failed to carry off. As they say god loves a trier.

Enigmatic is Nish's middle name is it not?!? Occasionally his wee flicks and tricks actually come off and for a moment, if you blurred your eyes a bit, you could be watching Barca in their attractive new Green and White away strip (OK - if you blurred your eyes A LOT!).

5 seconds later though and the rip in the space time continuum will have healed itself and, as Colin falls over his own erse into an offside position for the umpteenth time, you realise as the natural harmony of the universe is restored, that his name is indeed merely a cruelly ironic form of rhyming slang.

Of course, with the Hadron collider now up and running in Switzerland and regularly ripping lumps out of the fabric of space-time, we all live in hope that we will bear witness more regularly to these moments when big Colin flips into this alternate reality where he becomes more Messi than just messy.

For this reason alone I would never consider passing up the opportunity of watching the Hibees just cos a triffling CL match between the top teams in Europe is on Zitelli - the football may be silky and the stakes may be high but that doesn't come close to the wonder of these moments when big Nishybaws turns the rules of physics on their head and actually for a fleeting moment becomes a footballer :not worth:not worth:not worth

norhfc
28-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I,m coming over from abroad on Wednesday,can I pay at the gate with my 2 kids ?
Already got Celtic tickets so thats no problem this time.

cheers.

Sir David Gray
28-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I would like to have seen the Arsenal game but there is absolutely no contest when it comes to Hibs.

When I'm at ER on Wednesday, I won't give a monkeys about any other game.

CallumHibs07
28-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I,m coming over from abroad on Wednesday,can I pay at the gate with my 2 kids ?
Already got Celtic tickets so thats no problem this time.

cheers.

You should be able to pay at the gate, if not though you'll be able to buy them from the ticket office before the game.

archiebald
28-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Do they have portable floodlights for Wednesday ?:rolleyes:

BEEJ
28-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Results ARE important though - VERY important! I've seen Hibs teams in the past going great guns on the performance front, then losing a game and the confidence saps and everything goes downhill.

Equally, it can work the other way round - jammy win leads to boost to morale and easing of nerves which leads to improved performances - which is surely what we're all hoping to see this wednesday.

Obviously good performances tend to yield good results though - and good performances are much more enjoyable to watch from the stands. Give me a jammy 1-0 off someone's erse on wednesday though and I'll be happy as can be.
Of course, the accumulation of league points is important.

My point is that you can put any spin (positive or negative) on a particular situation by going on results or league placings alone.

It is the underlying team set-up, formation, tactics and team performances that tell us much more. These factors tell us just why results have been poor of late. Those continuing to express frustration at the moment are majoring on those factors.

And they are rightly concerned that the same again from Hibs in midweek will see us undone by a strong DU side, leading to another disappointing result.

I'm_cabbaged
28-03-2010, 04:35 PM
If its on cooncil telly i may watch it ..if no then its the hibs game on the tranny ...:rolleyes:

Tis indeed. I'll V+ it, only bummer is that ITV must be about the worst picture quality going and you don't get ITV HD with Virgin. :grr:

hibee_nation
28-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Do they have portable floodlights for Wednesday ?:rolleyes:

Nah they will just play in the dark. :bye:

Hainan Hibs
28-03-2010, 08:19 PM
yeah I will watch the Hibs.... but watching Barca really makes you realize why we love football...........

Big big game for Hibs too, so definitely will watch it.......... but as soon as the game starts, it'll be like.... 'oh god' ...... long night.

There is no reason I can see for even thinking of trading Colin Nish's world class skills in falling over and aimless punts up the park from Hogg for the standard play of Messi and co:agree::greengrin

TornadoHibby
28-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Of course, the accumulation of league points is important.

My point is that you can put any spin (positive or negative) on a particular situation by going on results or league placings alone.

It is the underlying team set-up, formation, tactics and team performances that tell us much more. These factors tell us just why results have been poor of late. Those continuing to express frustration at the moment are majoring on those factors.

And they are rightly concerned that the same again from Hibs in midweek will see us undone by a strong DU side, leading to another disappointing result.

That's my take on this too and have just posted something similar on another thread FWIW! :cool2:

DH1875
28-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Why are people always so negative. We are the home team and the game is there for the taking. With our attacking players we are always in with a chance. 3points on wed and then 3 more at the weekend and 2nd could be back on. Moan the Hibs :notworthy:.

norhfc
28-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Its my first game this year and I,ve got my kids coming with me so I,m looking forward to the next two home games and 6 points :thumbsup:

deek68
28-03-2010, 09:12 PM
FFS it's Dundee United we're playing not Man United. It's the "Business End" of the season. Get into the *** ground. Fk Arsenal v. barssa-***-championsleague-elitist-tosh and get behind the team.

Makes a big difference if we just get in there and make a *** noise.

Jeez.

And relax...

hibsbollah
28-03-2010, 09:28 PM
FFS it's Dundee United we're playing not Man United. It's the "Business End" of the season. Get into the *** ground. Fk Arsenal v. barssa-***-championsleague-elitist-tosh and get behind the team.

Makes a big difference if we just get in there and make a *** noise.

Jeez.

And relax...

im really really really looking forward to Wednesday. A massive game, even if some of us havent realised it yet:greengrin

Sir David Gray
28-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Wednesday is a huge game for us and we desperately require the three points.

It will be a tough ask for us to win the game as Dundee Utd are a good side in all departments and they play some nice stuff as well.

Hopefully their shocking record at Easter Road will stand for something on Wednesday and we can see them off.

We need the fans to turn up and support the team. As far as I'm concerned, on Wednesday night you can stick Messi and Fabregas up your :asshole:.

mim
28-03-2010, 10:24 PM
We are still a team that seems to play better the better the opposition is...so I reckon we might just get a result...

Not so sure about that.

Hibs have a got a chance in any game - especially at ER, but the cold facts are that Hibs have won 3 league matches this season against the other 5 top 6 teams.

Twice against Well and once against Celtic.

That may not mean much on Wednesday, but I'm not too hopeful.

resident_Arab
29-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Why so negative?

Outside of the Old Firm we've got the best home record in the SPL.

Scored more goals than anyone esle and conceded fewer than anyone else.

Utd are a decent side, but no way should we fear them at ER.

To counter that, we have best away record in the SPL outside Rangers, losing just two all season (Ibrox horror show and narrow 1-0 at CP)

I do feel Hibs are slight favourites going into this though after the last two games we have had in which the players have ran themselves into the ground (Conway and Buaben in particular must be feeling it) and the injuries we have picked up.

Last game was tight at ER, Hibs dominant 1st half then Utd dominant for a good half hour of the 2nd half.

noseyhibby
29-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Nah they will just play in the dark. :bye:

Recent performances would suggest that our boys have been playing blind-folded.

Sprouleflyer
29-03-2010, 12:17 PM
To counter that, we have best away record in the SPL outside Rangers, losing just two all season (Ibrox horror show and narrow 1-0 at CP)

I do feel Hibs are slight favourites going into this though after the last two games we have had in which the players have ran themselves into the ground (Conway and Buaben in particular must be feeling it) and the injuries we have picked up.

Last game was tight at ER, Hibs dominant 1st half then Utd dominant for a good half hour of the 2nd half.

It will be a close game, but i do feel that Utd should be favourites as they are playing a lot better than Hibs and have gained more points than Hibs over the last 6 or 7 games.

resident_Arab
29-03-2010, 01:39 PM
It will be a close game, but i do feel that Utd should be favourites as they are playing a lot better than Hibs and have gained more points than Hibs over the last 6 or 7 games.

Take your point there but you are the home team and we have more players missing or lacking fitness that would improve our side.

Gomis and D.Robertson were out on saturday plus long term injury S.Robertson aswell, so we ended up playing with Dillon at centre mid who is a full back beside Buaben, he did end up at fullback after Dixon's sending off, if Gomis doesnt make it for wednesday (finger crossed he does) then we'd have a problem as Dillon is needed in place of Dixon and Kovacevic is injured, only other fullback Keith Watson will remain at RB so we'd have no one to partner the Prince. :bitchy:

hibsbollah
29-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Take your point there but you are the home team and we have more players missing or lacking fitness that would improve our side.

Gomis and D.Robertson were out on saturday plus long term injury S.Robertson aswell, so we ended up playing with Dillon at centre mid who is a full back beside Buaben, he did end up at fullback after Dixon's sending off, if Gomis doesnt make it for wednesday (finger crossed he does) then we'd have a problem as Dillon is needed in place of Dixon and Kovacevic is injured, only other fullback Keith Watson will remain at RB so we'd have no one to partner the Prince. :bitchy:

Is Dixon a right back?

houston1875
29-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I would like to have seen the Arsenal game but there is absolutely no contest when it comes to Hibs.

When I'm at ER on Wednesday, I won't give a monkeys about any other game.

well said!!

resident_Arab
29-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Is Dixon a right back?

Left back, but he is our only one, whenever he is out we play Dillon who is a RB to cover for him, its not ideal but he does his best but is prone to the odd lapse (usually in the form of given away a pen... 3 so far this season)

We sold our back up LB (Danny Grainger) before the start of the season to St Johnstone for 30k to help fund the Webster loan deal i believe.

hibsbollah
29-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Left back, but he is our only one, whenever he is out we play Dillon who is a RB to cover for him, its not ideal but he does his best but is prone to the odd lapse (usually in the form of given away a pen... 3 so far this season)

We sold our back up LB (Danny Grainger) before the start of the season to St Johnstone for 30k to help fund the Webster loan deal i believe.

Ta:agree:

Would be good to have wee zouma running at a back up left back.

Albanian Hibs
29-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Is the game on hibs tv ?? (video not audio)

MSK
29-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Is the game on hibs tv ?? (video not audio)Ask here .. http://www.hibs.net/message/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Hibs90
29-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Sniff

This.

Golden Bear
30-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I see the entire 90 mins will be shown on BBC Alba tomorrow night at 10pm.

The programme will also feature interviews with John Hughes and Lawrie Reilly. I'd never guessed that they were fluent Gaelic speakers!

FWIW the Saintees v the Huns game will be shown at 10pm tonight.

Wembley67
31-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Why was it closed with the last comment don't get your hopes up?? Have I missed something, again?

Hibbyradge
31-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Why was it closed with the last comment don't get your hopes up?? Have I missed something, again?

No.

Pretty Boy
31-03-2010, 01:08 PM

Puzzled me as well. I was about to post a reply and it closed.

Wembley67
31-03-2010, 01:09 PM
No.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hibbyradge
31-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

:faf:

Sorry. I mis-clicked.

I think if it's open all day, there will be a million posts on it before the game starts so people will have to trudge through a load of speculation etc before finding out what's actually happening tonight.

Wembley67
31-03-2010, 01:12 PM

Sorry. I mis-clicked.

I think if it's open all day, there will be a million posts on it before the game starts so people will have to trudge through a load of speculation etc before finding out what's actually happening tonight.

:greengrin

Makes sense now :cool2:

Wotherspiniesta
31-03-2010, 01:16 PM

Sorry. I mis-clicked.

But it's not that long until kick off :greengrin

Ok then, I'll post team news here:

Zemmama is out for the season with a knee injury. Hanlon is out. Gow is doubtful. Nish is offside.

Dundee Utd will be without Paul Dixon through suspension and Scott Robertson who will miss the season through injury. Casalinuovo and Kovacevic are unlikely to feature.

The weathers terrible.

Phil MaGlass
31-03-2010, 01:52 PM
mibbe there should be a match thread put up 1 hr before the game?
or a pre pre match thread??

MSK
31-03-2010, 01:53 PM
mibbe there should be a match thread put up 1 hr before the game?Would be the sensible option ...however ..

Future17
31-03-2010, 01:54 PM

Zemmama is out for the season with a knee injury. Hanlon is out. Gow is doubtful. Nish is offside.

:greengrin

heretoday
31-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Houston is trying to play down this match saying there are 8 games to go etc. Well I would suggest it's a very important game indeed and I hope Hibs are absolutely geared up for it.

We have to recover the momentum we once had and what better way than by beating our closest competitors.

Jim44
31-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Houston is trying to play down this match saying there are 8 games to go etc. Well I would suggest it's a very important game indeed and I hope Hibs are absolutely geared up for it.

We have to recover the momentum we once had and what better way than by beating our closest competitors.

According to what I've been reading, they've talked the disappointing run out of their systems and everyone is up for tonight's game. Fair enough. If we get pumped, though, will it be the definitive 'not good enough'?:dunno:

BEEJ
31-03-2010, 02:17 PM
According to what I've been reading, they've talked the disappointing run out of their systems and everyone is up for tonight's game. Fair enough. If we get pumped, though, will it be the definitive 'not good enough'?:dunno:
No we'll still be "x points from third place if we can thrash Celtic on Sunday and the planets are in alignment" and anyway "finishing higher than sixth is progress and as much as we can expect this season".

Patience, patience, etc etc

The_Horde
31-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Dundee Utd will be without Paul Dixon through suspension and Scott Robertson who will miss the season through injury. Casalinuovo and Kovacevic are unlikely to feature.

The weathers terrible.

:hilarious

Teo10
31-03-2010, 02:29 PM

The weathers terrible.

:faf: Brilliant!

Hainan Hibs
31-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm pumped up to the pepsi max for this one now.

MON THE HIBEES:notworthy::flag::notworthy::flag:

Meekel
31-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I saw Benji earlier at Sainsbury's at Meadowbank.. either he has a very funny walk or he was limping..

Rasta_Hibs
31-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Im going to the game first in ages. Is it all ticket or whit?

Hainan Hibs
31-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Im going to the game first in ages. Is it all ticket or whit?

There will be pay at the gate.

Bayern Bru
31-03-2010, 03:04 PM
I saw Benji earlier at Sainsbury's at Meadowbank.. either he has a very funny walk or he was limping..

All part of an elaborate plan to fool any Arab spies.
:cool2:

Billy Whizz
31-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Dundee United have sold their full allocation for tonight. Don't know how many they got but should make for a good atmosphere!

Meekel
31-03-2010, 03:34 PM
All part of an elaborate plan to fool any Arab spies.
:cool2:

Very well could be.. Sainsbury's have orange colours.. I like your thinking :top marks

noseyhibby
31-03-2010, 04:16 PM

I detect a nervous Arab:wink:

Eaststand
31-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Hopefully eveN the negative punterooni's will get behind the team 2nite and help the players onto a win

ps- the result with the huns last nite kinda makes St J look like they're maybe a decent team, and the huns were only 1 goal away from a 5-1 humping too

GGTTH

hibiedude
31-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Hopefully eveN the negative punterooni's will get behind the team 2nite and help the players onto a win

ps- the result with the huns last nite kinda makes St J look like they're maybe a decent team, and the huns were only 1 goal away from a 5-1 humping too

GGTTH

The huns are 10 points clear in the league and still have a game in hand so im not sure why your trying to justify our 5-1 thrashing against St Johnstone to a nothing at stake game last night.

And all Hibs fans want us to win tonight but some posters have expressed there concerns about our present form.

if we manage to take all 3 points tonight i'll be ove the moon but if i'm being honest i'd take a point right now if it was on offer.

The game on sunday against celtic and Monday's game with United and St Johnstone should give us a better picture off were we stand in our fight for 3rd spot

xyz23jc
31-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Enigmatic is Nish's middle name is it not?!? Occasionally his wee flicks and tricks actually come off and for a moment, if you blurred your eyes a bit, you could be watching Barca in their attractive new Green and White away strip (OK - if you blurred your eyes A LOT!).

5 seconds later though and the rip in the space time continuum will have healed itself and, as Colin falls over his own erse into an offside position for the umpteenth time, you realise as the natural harmony of the universe is restored, that his name is indeed merely a cruelly ironic form of rhyming slang.

Of course, with the Hadron collider now up and running in Switzerland and regularly ripping lumps out of the fabric of space-time, we all live in hope that we will bear witness more regularly to these moments when big Colin flips into this alternate reality where he becomes more Messi than just messy.

For this reason alone I would never consider passing up the opportunity of watching the Hibees just cos a triffling CL match between the top teams in Europe is on Zitelli - the football may be silky and the stakes may be high but that doesn't come close to the wonder of these moments when big Nishybaws turns the rules of physics on their head and actually for a fleeting moment becomes a footballer :not worth:not worth:not worth

:top marks:greengrin:thumbsup::faf: