PDA

View Full Version : Just back

Aubenas
27-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Phew! Dunno how we got away with that. Gave the ball away freely but at least there was some fight and determination and that helped the return of the luck that we had in the first half of the season. Well done guys!

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 06:16 PM
we rode our luck and I can't understand what Yogi was watching and how he left it so late to bring on the subs. I like Deek and think he is a great goalscorer but it is like playing with ten men when we are in a fight.

FAO Yogi everybody could see falkirk overloaded against murray but you refused to help him out as we play too narrow in midfield. This is why we were under so much pressure and he seems unable to see this. Please Yogi open your eyes and learn tactics.

ehf
27-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah, we were pretty lucky today but a much better attitude. Hogg and Bamba solid, Miller and Stokes looking more like themselves and a better shift from Wotherspoon. But Rankin...WHY??? He tries hard but we'd honestly be better off with ten men as he just keeps giving the ball to the opposition. His slackness led to the Falkirk goal (although Murray was posted missing as well).

monktonharp
27-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Phew! Dunno how we got away with that. Gave the ball away freely but at least there was some fight and determination and that helped the return of the luck that we had in the first half of the season. Well done guys!just back too,surprised at our turnout,our bus was f/kin empty! good support,but nervy all through the second half. well done espevially to Ian Murray,,,,,,,,,,100%effort and Bamba not far behind him

allmodcons
27-03-2010, 06:31 PM
we rode our luck and I can't understand what Yogi was watching and how he left it so late to bring on the subs. I like Deek and think he is a great goalscorer but it is like playing with ten men when we are in a fight.

FAO Yogi everybody could see falkirk overloaded against murray but you refused to help him out as we play too narrow in midfield. This is why we were under so much pressure and he seems unable to see this. Please Yogi open your eyes and learn tactics.

I'm not keen to get drawn into the Yogi doesn't know any tactics nonsense. He has us 4th in table with a good chance of going 3rd this midweek.

That said IMO midfield is defo too narrow and lacks any real pace, however, you have remember that he did start Zouma today and, unfortunately, had to change things very early in the game.

Cabbage1875
27-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Absolutely. Obviously delighted with the win but under no illusions about us. We were dominated for long spells and for me this was down to the fact we're so disorganised. If they had a proper striker today we would've been in bother.

Im waiting for the happy clappers to come on and say 'how can you not be happy with an away win' etc but for me we were extremely fortunate to get the result we did today against a poor side in truth.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-03-2010, 07:25 PM
A few early scares but points were fairly safe after going 2 goals up, disappointed with the second half though, surely the manager should have tried to change things a bit? We were being dominated and the plan seemed to be nothing more than to hope for the best, and maybe hit on the break. If it had went to 3-2 it wouldn't have been hard to imagine us coming away with nothing.

greenlex
27-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Yeah, we were pretty lucky today but a much better attitude. Hogg and Bamba solid, Miller and Stokes looking more like themselves and a better shift from Wotherspoon. But Rankin...WHY??? He tries hard but we'd honestly be better off with ten men as he just keeps giving the ball to the opposition. His slackness led to the Falkirk goal (although Murray was posted missing as well).
Are you seriously saying Wotherspoon put a better shift in than Rankin?
Wotherspoon is needing a rest. I reckon thats why he was on the bench today. He was largely anonymous

greenlex
27-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm not keen to get drawn into the Yogi doesn't know any tactics nonsense. He has us 4th in table with a good chance of going 3rd this midweek.

That said IMO midfield is defo too narrow and lacks any real pace, however, you have remember that he did start Zouma today and, unfortunately, had to change things very early in the game.
Its a chance but to say its a good chance is egging the pudding a bit.

EasterRoad4Ever
27-03-2010, 08:05 PM
A few early scares but points were fairly safe after going 2 goals up, disappointed with the second half though, surely the manager should have tried to change things a bit? We were being dominated and the plan seemed to be nothing more than to hope for the best, and maybe hit on the break. If it had went to 3-2 it wouldn't have been hard to imagine us coming away with nothing.

At one stage during commentary, Nevin sounded completely exasperated saying " there are no other teams on the planet who play 4-2-4 when 3-1 up and under the cosh". We were getting over-run and Yogi was posted missing when needed to change it.

cleanyman
27-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I honestly believe we didnt deserved to win that.
Falkirk were al over us for a good 60 minutes of that match today.

Mikey
27-03-2010, 08:09 PM
It's a bit concerning that pretty much everyone who was at the game is saying that we were lucky to win and over run in midfield.

Sounds all too familiar. If that happens on Wednesday...............

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 08:11 PM
At one stage during commentary, Nevin sounded completely exasperated saying " there are no other teams on the planet who play 4-2-4 when 3-1 up and under the cosh". We were getting over-run and Yogi was posted missing when needed to change it.

A blind man could see what was required and it now appears Yogi is too stuborn or just does not have a clue to change it. If we play the same system on wednesday Utd will hammer us and i'm afraid yogi will not change so I'm not looking forward to this game.

IWasThere2016
27-03-2010, 08:17 PM
It's a bit concerning that pretty much everyone who was at the game is saying that we were lucky to win and over run in midfield.

Sounds all too familiar. If that happens on Wednesday...............

Gomis and Buaben are on their game too! C'mon Yogi sort it oot ffs! :grr:

forthhibby
27-03-2010, 08:17 PM
definately fortunate today, but i did notice was the time between us going 3 - 1 up and half time you could see the confidence coming back into the team, miller was starting to come into game and our passing improved, i don't think we've become a bad team, just need a couple of results to get confidence built up

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 08:19 PM
definately fortunate today, but i did notice was the time between us going 3 - 1 up and half time you could see the confidence coming back into the team, miller was starting to come into game and our passing improved, i don't think we've become a bad team, just need a couple of results to get confidence built up

Agree. maybe it was the half time break and listening to yogi that made them lose this confidence quickly.:greengrin

brydekirk
27-03-2010, 08:19 PM

i hoped that he would benifit from his dugout ban, seeing the game from a better overall position. obviously not :grr:

Jonnyboy
27-03-2010, 08:25 PM
As far as Derek goes I think Pat Nevin was pretty much on the money in his after match summary when he said Deeks was magic in the first half and magic in the second. In the first because of his cracking goal and general play and in the second because he disappeared :greengrin

I'd like to have seen Galbraith on after an hour or so as they were pushing high up the park and Danny's pace would have given us an out.

Toaods
27-03-2010, 08:26 PM
i hoped that he would benifit from his dugout ban, seeing the game from a better overall position. obviously not :grr:

it doesn't matter where any manager sits if he doesn't know what's happening in the game.

Green4Go07
27-03-2010, 08:26 PM
:agree: Agree,if Yogi plays the same system there may be trouble ahead.As Dundee Utd are full off six footers Bamba is the only answer to play in the sitting midfield role protecting Hogg and Hanlon[if fit]otherwise Murray.Feeling is this will not happen as Bamba sees his position as centre half with the World Cup looming,which P***** me off as Hibs pay his wages.

noseyhibby
28-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Hmmmmm. A lot of sobering posts saying much the same. I can only keep my fingers crossed that somehow Hibs pull it off against The Arabs next week.:rolleyes:

davym7062
28-03-2010, 01:44 AM
today was about getting a result which we did, the performances will come:agree:

Judas Iscariot
28-03-2010, 09:30 AM
I honestly believe we didnt deserved to win that.
Falkirk were al over us for a good 60 minutes of that match today.

:agree:

How dare we score 3 goals to their 1..

Ludicrous :grr:

Saorsa
28-03-2010, 10:08 AM
today was about getting a result which we did, the performances will come:agree:I agree about getting the win but not about the performances, they haven't been there all season, we may have won games but the performances in all but a few games (and even then it was only in patches) have been relatively poor and made for grim viewing IMO and I dinnae see that changing any time soon.