PDA

View Full Version : Rangers tactics against them (merged)

Mikey
27-03-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm just in so didn't see any of the game. How many did they play in midfield?

Malthibby
27-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Straight 4.3.3 - it's the way forward...........

Mikey
Really?

GlesgaeHibby
I'm just in so didn't see any of the game. How many did they play in midfield?

4 in order to cut off the supply to Kingston.

Naismith Thomson McCulloch Davis

Malthibby
27-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Oh all right, but as with Mr. Riordan, Naismith isn't exactly defensive.:greengrin

Hibercelona
27-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Rangers played far from outstanding silky stuff today.

However.

They showed plenty of fight, determination and they made sure they won headers all over the pitch.

As much as I hate the current buns, I think our own players should be taking notes.

We don't need our players to have fancy skills and step overs. We simply need more "bite" to our play.

I really hope we can show more determination today, although i'm not too optimistic about it.

Toaods
27-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Naismith put a hard shift in. Man of the match for me.

Hakim Sar
27-03-2010, 02:54 PM
corr : Rangers DID it right

Andy74
27-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Rangers wage bill is also about £30 million!

Hibercelona
27-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Rangers wage bill is also about £30 million!

Regardless of how much a players wages are, any player should be willing to roll their sleeves up and dig in.

We're showing a bit more fight in this game than in recent times and thats why we are currently winning the game.

Hopefully we can keep pressing on for the rest of the match.

Jim44
27-03-2010, 03:23 PM
corr : Rangers DID it right

.............as in 'the boy done good' ? :greengrin

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Oh all right, but as with Mr. Riordan, Naismith isn't exactly defensive.:greengrin

works 100x harder than what deek does though.

HibbyAndy
27-03-2010, 07:55 PM
works 100x harder than what deek does though.

Id tend to disagree there..Throws himself to the ground at every oppurtunity IMO.

Id take Riordan over Naismith every *****ing day off the week.

Id like to go on but posts like yours make me livid!.

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Why? Riordan is a liability in our team at the moment. he is a great player but when we need to fight he goes missing. Yes he is out of position and if yogi is not going to play him upfront where he belongs I would drop him.

Naismith works hard and still manages to score goals. Riordan scores goals but gives very little in effort in working for the team.

HibbyAndy
27-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Why? Riordan is a liability in our team at the moment. he is a great player but when we need to fight he goes missing. Yes he is out of position and if yogi is not going to play him upfront where he belongs I would drop him.

Naismith works hard and still manages to score goals. Riordan scores goals but gives very little in effort in working for the team.

Eh, I think That was SN 1st goals in 6 months?..What aload of pish about him working hard aswell,He's does no more backtracking that Riordan does...He's a diving little canut!.

When we need to fight DR goes missing? He can go on his holibobs for 11 months out of the year if he SCORES 15 GOALS FROM LEFT MIDFIELD AND IS PLAYED OUT OF POSITION!!.

What do folk want from Deek? Seriously..

marinello59
27-03-2010, 08:18 PM
]Why? Riordan is a liability in our team at the moment.[/B] he is a great player but when we need to fight he goes missing. Yes he is out of position and if yogi is not going to play him upfront where he belongs I would drop him.

Seemingly he was the one true quality player on the park today. Hibs made very few chances, Falikrk made loads. The difference? Liabilities like Deeks.

Big Frank
27-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Eh, I think That was SN 1st goals in 6 months?..What aload of pish about him working hard aswell,He's does no more backtracking that Riordan does...He's a diving little canut!.

When we need to fight DR goes missing? He can go on his holibobs for 11 months out of the year if he SCORES 15 GOALS FROM LEFT MIDFIELD AND IS PLAYED OUT OF POSITION!!.

What do folk want from Deek? Seriously..

Andy, the strangest, most bizarre thing about Hibs.net is the pash that people spout about Riordan. Today we have "fife hfc" actually wishing we had steven naismith instead of deeks. Mental.

Apparently our goal scoring machine is a liability.

Ah mean really!:rolleyes:

Bad Martini
27-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Huns v part-time/diet/someofthemwannabe Huns.

Makes nae odds.

All bawbags together.

The only pleasure there can be in that game is the deluded where sent crashing back to earth to remember their place and how shight they reallllly are.

That said, the huns (the real huns) are still deplorably ****my bassas of the lowest order and deserve **** all but pelters from all who dont follow follow them.

ENDOF

WindyMiller
27-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Andy, the strangest, most bizarre thing about Hibs.net is the pash that people spout about Riordan. Today we have "fife hfc" actually wishing we had steven naismith instead of deeks. Mental.

Apparently our goal scoring machine is a liability.

Ah mean really!:rolleyes:

As Pat Nevin said he was magic in the 2nd. half, i.e. he made himelf dissappear.

If you removed his dead-ball ability he would not have been worth his place in this past few months.

He appears un-fit, terribly slow, and he can't wait to get rid of the ball.

Bad Martini
27-03-2010, 08:42 PM
...and he can't wait to get rid of the ball.

...normally, disposing of it into the back of the net (where some of our "forwards" couldn't even dream of putting it).

A left midfielder who is played so far wide he could be on Albion Road some days, (today excepted obviously) batters in goals most folk wouldnt even attempt to score (most of the time when we need the fekers) and he's a lazy liability.

"Mikey Forrester, Russian sailors, what the **** are you boys on, eh" :greengrin

Nice one Deek. ANOTHER goal today and still the hibs net masseeeef consider yer a lazy wee canut whae can dae nitto right. Vintage :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
27-03-2010, 08:43 PM
...normally, disposing of it into the back of the net (where some of our "forwards" couldn't even dream of putting it).

A left midfielder who is played so far wide he could be on Albion Road some days, (today excepted obviously) batters in goals most folk wouldnt even attempt to score (most of the time when we need the fekers) and he's a lazy liability.

"Mikey Forrester, Russian sailors, what the **** are you boys on, eh" :greengrin

Nice one Deek. ANOTHER goal today and still the hibs net masseeeef consider yer a lazy wee canut whae can dae nitto right. Vintage :thumbsup:

:top marks

johnrebus
27-03-2010, 08:50 PM
See that Riordan? Lazy *******.

Give me a hard worker every time.

Goalscorer? Huh! Who needs them, ten a penny, no problem.

Rangers you say?

Dirty Hun *******s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was the question again?

:zzzzz!:

johnrebus
27-03-2010, 08:54 PM
See that Riordan? Lazy *******.

Goalscorer? Huh! Who needs them, ten a penny, no problem.

Rangers you say?

:zzzzz!:

yOU KNOW, THON cRABBIES aLCOHOLIC gINGER bEER IS STRONGER THAN YE THINK.......,

:aok:

Bad Martini
27-03-2010, 08:56 PM

That would be an equemenical matter :greengrin

Either way, **** the huns.

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bad Martini
27-03-2010, 08:57 PM
yOU KNOW, THON cRABBIES aLCOHOLIC gINGER bEER IS STRONGER THAN YE THINK.......,

:aok:

Mon over and join the rest of us hobbo peg selling junkie ****bags on the softer stuff ... >>> http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/19/article-1207768-020A3D4700000578-665_148x322.jpg :greengrin

I Like the warning on the can...drinking 9% lager "responsibly" is the last thing on the mind of anyone radge enough to suck it doon...

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 09:10 PM
If you read my post I said he is a liability at left midfield and I'll stick by this. he is a striker and should be played upfront. If Yogi deems him not good enough to play upfront then he should not be accomodated in midfield to the detriment to the of the team overall.

some people would class Boyd as a great goalscorer but Walter has made him spend many a game on the bench as it is for the good of the team. deek has got it in him to work hard and proved it for a spell earlier in the season. But at the moment he is not doing a job that a player picked in his position is meant to do, defensive duties as well as attacking.

When he played under Mowbray he did not have to worry about the defensive side too much due to the formation we played. If it is a choice between naismith and Deek to play left midfield I would choose naismith anytime. If it is to play upfront then it would be Deek everytime. I'm not saying he is rubbish but he is not suited to left midfield and it weakens our team plaing him there.

SouthamptonHibs
27-03-2010, 10:51 PM
If you read my post I said he is a liability at left midfield and I'll stick by this. he is a striker and should be played upfront. If Yogi deems him not good enough to play upfront then he should not be accomodated in midfield to the detriment to the of the team overall.

some people would class Boyd as a great goalscorer but Walter has made him spend many a game on the bench as it is for the good of the team. deek has got it in him to work hard and proved it for a spell earlier in the season. But at the moment he is not doing a job that a player picked in his position is meant to do, defensive duties as well as attacking.

When he played under Mowbray he did not have to worry about the defensive side too much due to the formation we played. If it is a choice between naismith and Deek to play left midfield I would choose naismith anytime. If it is to play upfront then it would be Deek everytime. I'm not saying he is rubbish but he is not suited to left midfield and it weakens our team plaing him there.

Naismith or Deeks. Deeks everytime for me!! the boy scores goals for fun, if we had been playing in the right position all season he'd be over the 20 mark already.

Deeks ain't the problem for me it's the way we set up sometimes. firist three names on te teamsheet for me Deek, stokes (both loads of goals) and murray after that depends how we want to accommodate these guys.

lay off deeks lads!! he gets us the goals lets get the other parts of the team working first. i'ts the hardest part of the game scoring goals!!!

anyway we've won lets hit the toon partytime

hail hail

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Naismith or Deeks. Deeks everytime for me!! the boy scores goals for fun, if we had been playing in the right position all season he'd be over the 20 mark already.

Deeks ain't the problem for me it's the way we set up sometimes. firist three names on te teamsheet for me Deek, stokes (both loads of goals) and murray after that depends how we want to accommodate these guys.

lay off deeks lads!! he gets us the goals lets get the other parts of the team working first. i'ts the hardest part of the game scoring goals!!!

anyway we've won lets hit the toon partytime

hail hail

I'm not having a go at Deeks goalscoring he is the best at the club. as you say yourself he is in the wrong position and he is not suited to it and therefore it is having a detrimental effect on the team.

Any comparisons with naismith is when both are played left midfield and if anybody thinks deek is better when in this position is deluded. Deek is a striker and should be played as such, not shoe horned into a position he does not like or play.

Big Frank
27-03-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm not having a go at Deeks goalscoring he is the best at the club. as you say yourself he is in the wrong position and he is not suited to it and therefore it is having a detrimental effect on the team.

Any comparisons with naismith is when both are played left midfield and if anybody thinks deek is better when in this position is deluded. Deek is a striker and should be played as such, not shoe horned into a position he does not like or play.

Deeks has pretty much played in this position all his career at ER.

You go away and get excited about a hun, and we'll do the same about a Hibernian legend in the making.

fife hfc
27-03-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm sorry I forgot Deek is immune from any criticism, but this actually a criticism of how he being used (and how to play the position in comparison to Naismith) but lets just throw wee petty remarks in.

When he played under mowbray he was allowed to be lax with the tracking back side of the game and do what he does best. However Yogi's formation requires the left sided midfielder to track back and as we say today Murray was always facing two falkirk players, Barr could attack at will in second half as he knew Deek would not track back. So it is not technically the same role with two managers.

Anyway you can stick the comment about getting excited about a hun right up your:asshole: see I can get petty too:greengrin

davym7062
28-03-2010, 02:10 AM
this goes against the grain and i may take pelters for it but i dont think rangers have had the credit they deserve. they are solid at the back have a decent midfield and in steven davis have the best player in scotland imo and up front are quality. there are not many teams that can go to easter road and tyncastle and win 4-1. dirty hun bassas:greengrin

JimBHibees
28-03-2010, 11:06 AM
agree Davy. Best team in the league by a mile. solid and have quality where needed

TonyStokeprano
28-03-2010, 12:22 PM

How can someone who's scored in 4 of our last 5 games be described as a liability?