PDA

View Full Version : Question Will yogi's touchline ban help us

Cameron1875
26-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Might be clutching at straws but maybe being up in the stand will make it easier for him to see what is wrong with the teams balance and formation. Maybe be easier for him to change things.

Only a thought:dunno:

silverhibee
26-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Might be clutching at straws but maybe being up in the stand will make it easier for him to see what is wrong with the teams balance and formation. Maybe be easier for him to change things.

I think it is a good idea that he wont be anywhere near the dug-out, the players may relax a bit with Yogi not screaming a lot of crap at the players and not draining there confidence with the things he shouts at him, just my opinion off course.

stubru59
26-03-2010, 09:33 PM

Well, if that doesn't work .... its anyone's guess.

HibbyKeith
26-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Works for Walter Smith, iirc he sits up top for the first half of most rangers games.

Wotherspiniesta
26-03-2010, 09:38 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2401564&postcount=8 :wink:

Cameron1875
26-03-2010, 09:40 PM
oops :grr:. hopefully admins just merge threads then :greengrin

noseyhibby
26-03-2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2401564&postcount=8 :wink:

I agree. Hopefully he will be surrounded by lots of Hibs.Netters who will make their opinions heard.

Wotherspiniesta
26-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree. Hopefully he will be surrounded by lots of Hibs.Netters who will make their opinions heard.

Nah. I'm a faceless wonder :greengrin

SouthamptonHibs
27-03-2010, 08:54 AM
doubt it, the team will be set up to play a certain way, he rarely changes anything when he's at the side of the pitch so can't see him being different in the stands.

I might get a chance to air my views at the cetic game as i'm in the corporate for that, if the teams piiiish that day i'll be happy to tell. Somethimes the truth hurts

anyway lets all get behind the boys today and get a result against these bairns

mon the cabbage!!

hail hail

prediction

we'll win 3 nowt today, after two games of hiding in the big games the easter road bottlers will be on song for thumping the bottom SPL team

:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I think it is a good idea that he wont be anywhere near the dug-out, the players may relax a bit with Yogi not screaming a lot of crap at the players and not draining there confidence with the things he shouts at him, just my opinion off course.

Sounds like sense to me. :agree:

franks
27-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Interesting question. I don't think a touchline ban harms a team that much if a tall. I have always thought that the stand is the best place for a manager anyway with communication to the bench. Jim McLean used to do that all the time.

Don't think the manager screaming from the touchline has much effect on the game anyway and as has previously been suggested it may actually be a bonus for us in the next 6 games.

BT58
27-03-2010, 11:08 AM
cant he sit just behind the dug out and still bark his orders
or does he have to sit in the upper tier??????
in these days of technology cant he use the tannoy to get his thoughts across
:wink::wink::wink:
hb

joebakerforever
27-03-2010, 11:42 AM
I assume that Hughes already sees a different perspective when viewing video analysis of matches.

As this facility has failed to influence him to change his rigid blinkered approach, I doubt sitting in the stands will make any difference.

However he could have his "motivational guru", Watt Nicoll, sitting beside him in the stand, advising him as to what he should do next :devil:

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I assume that Hughes already sees a different perspective when viewing video analysis of matches.

As this facility has failed to influence him to change his rigid blinkered approach, I doubt sitting in the stands will make any difference.

However he could have his "motivational guru", Watt Nicoll, sitting beside him in the stand, advising him as to what he should do next :devil:

The way we've been playing, I thought it was Hector Nicoll giving him advice.:greengrin

hibiedude
27-03-2010, 12:40 PM
The way we've been playing, I thought it was Hector Nicoll giving him advice.:greengrin

:faf:

That would explain a lot :greengrin

LALthehibeeGAL
27-03-2010, 01:01 PM

I agree with that as i think that is half the problem with yogi shouting and bawling it doesn't help - i think it will do the team good - well hope it will :pray:

Lal:wink:

Houchy
27-03-2010, 01:10 PM
It'll be interesting to see:agree:

I said the same after the 1st Ross County game.:agree:

I Love Lamp
27-03-2010, 01:13 PM

This isn't criticising your point but, sitting behind the away dugout and being pretty deaf, I haven't ever really heard the stuff Yogi shouts.

Been to a couple of St J games with my Dad when up in Perth and sat close to McInnes. His chat's mostly quite constructive with the exception of the occasional 'up.... F*****G UP!'.

Always figured that Yogi was essentially the same with a bit more passion but don't gather that from what has been said on here.

Just curious if it's really that much worse than the stuff shouted by many other SPL managers?