PDA

View Full Version : An interesting summer.........

Reaper
26-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I was speaking to a guy I work next to (ex Hibs player) yesterday and he was telling me that he knows Brian Rice very well. Rice said that there's a bit of unrest at the minute and come the summer, Yogi's looking to offload at least five, 3 of whom are fans favourites, which he might get slated for. Rice wouldn't name names but an interesting point to ponder

Riordan???? Murray???? Zemmama???? Hogg???? Benji???? who knows

Long suffering
26-03-2010, 09:12 PM
I reckon Benji, Zemamma (hope not though), Maka, One other GK, and Bamba

Dibben
26-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Zemmama, Benji and Bamba would be my guesses! Would be no suprise if there was unrest and disharmony among them!

BH.

Westie1875
26-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Zemmama, Benji and Bamba would be my guesses! Would be no suprise if there was unrest and disharmony among them!

BH.

Mine too, can't see him getting rid of any other fans favourites.

Others most likely to go would be Maka, Stevenson & Thicot I think.

col02
26-03-2010, 09:19 PM

BH.

Benji does not need unloaded as he is out of contract come summer anyway. Will not be Murray as he only just signed a new deal would hardly be doing that if he was unhappy or boss did not want him. That only really leaves MIller, Stokes or Riordan as fans favourites to make it three along with Bamba and Zemmama.

Cameron1875
26-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Honestly wouldnt be suprised to see riordan go. Would it be a good thing? who knows, he hasnt played well this season but has that bit of class that would be hard to replace.

Toaods
26-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Bamba, Zemmama + Deek would be the 3 as they are the only ones apart from Stokes + Miller who are likely to attract bidders

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Honestly wouldnt be suprised to see riordan go. Would it be a good thing? who knows, he hasnt played well this season but has that bit of class that would be hard to replace.

13 goals from a position he should never be played in IMO is a fantastic return, And theres still quite a few games to go!.

Westie1875
26-03-2010, 09:35 PM

His goals and assists say otherwise.

HibbyKeith
26-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Bamba, Zemmama + Deek would be the 3 as they are the only ones apart from Stokes + Miller who are likely to attract bidders

That was the first 3 i thought of, would be dissapointed to see deek go, as andy says 13 goals from LM is better that most spl stikers will get this season, as for zouma its already like hes away, think that bamba was going anyway this summer, not a lover of the big guy at cb, by far more effective (all be it booking prone) playing in midfield.

Woody1985
26-03-2010, 09:42 PM
What do you guys think that we'll get for Bamba now given his recent form?

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 09:44 PM
What do you guys think that we'll get for Bamba now given his recent form?

2M Maximum.

col02
26-03-2010, 09:46 PM
2M Maximum.

:agree: I think even that figure is dependant upon him having a good world cup. On current form will he even be selected for their squad?

noseyhibby
26-03-2010, 09:53 PM

I agree. Riordan to me is more an impact player. He hasn't been as prolific as Stokes, but he is playing out of position. This said, I feel he is now more an impact player coming off the bench. His all round contribution is poor and Yogi has stressed he wants everyone pushing and pressing from the front to the back. Hard work and Deeks simply don't go, which has always been the issue with DR. Though to be fair he has worked harder than normal this season. As for the possible other two to go I think we might be saying adios to Zemmama ( an occasional player for us and injury prone) and Miller (yes, honestly). Millers body language hints at a deeply unsettled and unhappy player. He has not played well since before christmas. I hope I'm wrong, as he is a class player on his day.Benji and Bamba and Big Maka were always likely to be going so I've excluded them from the potential 3 fans favourites.

DH1875
26-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Can see Maka, Bamba and Benji def leaving the club.
Think fans favs could be Deeks, Zemmama and maybe Wotherspoon if we get a good offer.

truehibernian
26-03-2010, 10:11 PM
I just really really really hope that Chipper isn't referring to Rankin, Stevenson and Hogg :fibber::tin hat::take that

Disco Dave
26-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Riordan, Bamba and Hogg hopefully, losing patience with the lot of them to be honest though :agree:

tooley
26-03-2010, 10:36 PM
13 goals from a position he should never be played in IMO is a fantastic return, And theres still quite a few games to go!.

Can't believe some people are still doubting the boy, the most naturally gifted player at Easter Road.:confused:

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Can't believe some people are still doubting the boy, the most naturally gifted player at Easter Road.:confused:

:agree:

Best striker at ER in my lifetime anyway.

matty_f
26-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I seriously don't give a toss who leaves the club in the summer if it sorts the team out. Hibernian is far, far greater than any player, and no matter how good they are, if there's a couple of players holding us back with their attitudes then I'll gladly be shot of them.

YetholmHibee
26-03-2010, 10:42 PM

Yes a great return.

But remember it's a team game!

What contribution has he made to the 41 goals Hibs have conceded?

There's more to just scoring goals - there are defensive duties like tracking back & putting a tackle in & getting your positioning right . . . all the time . . . not just when you feel like it.

joey1875
26-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Think it will be defending player that go as we are conceding to many goals. don't think Riordan will go as he add a bit of class to the game when it isn't going our way.:notworthy:

silverhibee
26-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Yes a great return.

There's more to just scoring goals - there are defensive duties like tracking back & putting a tackle in & getting your positioning right . . . all the time . . . not just when you feel like it.

I have seen Deeks track back so many times this season, i am wondering that Yogi may play him left back next season. :thumbsup:

The bit in bold. Thats the defenders job in Yogis's team. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I read these threads every day, and i have come to the conclusion we don't have any fans favourites.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Yes a great return.

:grr::grr::grr::grr: Only Hibs could have a STRIKER with the natural, gifted talent of Deeks and WANT him to perform these duties!!! I swear, we are like no other club in the ****ing world! :grr: Did fat Robbo track back and put in tackles for yrs for the yams?!?! Did he ****!! And he's widely regarded as their best ever striker! Deeks has more talent in his index finger than Robertson had in his entire fat little body! Stick him up front and let him score goals FFS! Why do we want Riordan tracking back and making tackles?!?!? And again.....:grr::grr::grr::grr: Complete and utter bonkers!!! Btw my rage is with Yogi, not at u YetholmHibee :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I read these threads every day, and i have come to the conclusion we don't have any fans favourites.

:tee hee: Has there been any since Super Joe and Jimmy Boco?

matty_f
26-03-2010, 11:30 PM

:top marks

ScottB
26-03-2010, 11:32 PM
:tee hee: Has there been any since Super Joe and Jimmy Boco?

Konte. :devil:

madabouthibs
26-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't really care who goes, I have complete faith in Hughes, and reckon he will do whats right for Hibs. :agree:

The_Horde
26-03-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't really care who goes, I have complete faith in Hughes, and reckon he will do whats right for Hibs. :agree:

:agree: And i don't think Deeks is one of the 'leavers'. :agree:

Disco Dave
26-03-2010, 11:54 PM

:top marks

YetholmHibee
27-03-2010, 12:06 AM

He did not do it right against Ross County - The game that mattered!

Rod Petrie will not be happy missing out on £500,000.

When will you start to doubt his limited abilities?

Are the alarm bells not starting to sound off now . . . .

DH1875
27-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Konte. :devil:

Rememder the tank, Hurtado :faf::faf::faf:.

500miles
27-03-2010, 12:25 AM
:grr::grr::grr::grr: Only Hibs could have a STRIKER with the natural, gifted talent of Deeks and WANT him to perform these duties!!! I swear, we are like no other club in the ****ing world! :grr: Did fat Robbo track back and put in tackles for yrs for the yams?!?! Did he ****!! And he's widely regarded as their best ever striker! Deeks has more talent in his index finger than Robertson had in his entire fat little body! Stick him up front and let him score goals FFS! Why do we want Riordan tracking back and making tackles?!?!? And again.....:grr::grr::grr::grr: Complete and utter bonkers!!! Btw my rage is with Yogi, not at u YetholmHibee :greengrin

Tracking back isn't so much the issue as surrending possession so easily, bottling 50/50s, and not even making an attempt to dominate his area of the park. Yogi has to be constantly in his ear to make sure he does those jobs regularly, and there are another 10 players on the pitch to be taken care of, and most of them younger.

DH1875
27-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Point is he should never be out on the left wing for any manager to be in his ear.

monktonharp
27-03-2010, 01:22 AM
I was speaking to a guy I work next to (ex Hibs player) yesterday and he was telling me that he knows Brian Rice very well. Rice said that there's a bit of unrest at the minute and come the summer, Yogi's looking to offload at least five, 3 of whom are fans favourites, which he might get slated for. Rice wouldn't name names but an interesting point to ponder

Riordan???? Murray???? Zemmama???? Hogg???? Benji???? who knowsI know a guy that used to know Brian Rix very well, and he said it's a farce............if Yogi decides to off-load fans favourites,then he is digging an even bigger hole for himself than I thought possible.

Iain G
27-03-2010, 04:15 AM
I suspect there will be more that 5 on the way out, with Cregg and Benji out of contract thats 2 I suspect will be away, we all expect Bamba to go and can probably name another half dozen who aren't deemed to be good enough.

Yogi has done good work bringing in the players he has, now he needs to push the squad onto another level with more quality rather than quantity required.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-03-2010, 04:35 AM
So annoyin that its always hibs that seems to have unrest. Look at hearts with what happened in past seasons with idiot romanov, they seem to galvanise yet we crumble. Always hibs eh. Always hibs.

Aldo
27-03-2010, 05:34 AM
For me there will be sacrifice

Bamba - sold
benji - end of contract
cregg - see benji
Thicot - pants - released
Mccann - if not recovered - too injury prone! (shame)
Zemmama - sold???
Rankin???

I can also see Nish being sold IMHO for a similar player who is able to play a wee bit better. (o and before you start I like Nish) possibly even Hogg departing (I also like Hogg).

Probably see an experienced CH to come in and play alongside Hanlon (best CH at club). Big strong CMF (Sauzee size/mould). Someone who can win the ball and pass.

Endless list IMHO and anyone (if the price is right) who does not shape up or fit in can leave for the benefit of team.

hibsbollah
27-03-2010, 05:59 AM

:agree:

Alfred E Newman
27-03-2010, 06:19 AM

resign at the end of the season?

bighairyfaeleith
27-03-2010, 06:24 AM
If Rankin, Nish and clegg get sold. I'll no be ****ing happy I tell ye. Petrie:grr:

keep the faith
27-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Leavers IMO should be:

Cregg
Thicot
Benji
Nish
Rankin
A keeper (so I would imagine that will be Stack)

Bamba will also prob leave and I would be amazed both Stokes and Deeks are here next season.

Lots to do in the summer I think, starting with a presence in the midfield. Robbie Savage on a 1 year deal would be my punt. Wages might be tricky and he is a bit of a nark. Exactly what we need though.

down-the-slope
27-03-2010, 07:45 AM
I seriously don't give a toss who leaves the club in the summer if it sorts the team out. Hibernian is far, far greater than any player, and no matter how good they are, if there's a couple of players holding us back with their attitudes then I'll gladly be shot of them.

:agree: years of seeing players come and go...very few have anything like the loyalty of most fans

Shift those not playing for the shirt or doing it the managers way - even better if this brings in fees or realeases higher wage costs.

People talk such guff about skill and some players being indispensible.....no amount of skill is any use if not applied for the team..we have too many who are in it for themselves.

Look at RC and consider wages / individual 'skill' compared to our squad.....what made for a better team?

greenlex
27-03-2010, 07:50 AM

Deeks Bamba and Zouma. Fantastic players but its about attitude 24/7 and training as well as ability.

Hibby 2005
27-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Riordan would be as well leaving anyway as Yogi hasn't a scooby how to play him.

ScottB
27-03-2010, 08:34 AM
There's been chat previously that Bamba has caused problems in the team. That our collapse began after his return adds to that theory along with this info.

Time for him to go!

Sandy
27-03-2010, 10:00 AM
To those that would be happy to Deeks go I say :asshole: IMO. Most gifted striker we have at the club, and if he isn't deployed correctly that is his fault how exactly :confused:

TornadoHibby
27-03-2010, 10:27 AM

Aye but lacks pace to go past people easily and his work rate, whilst considerably improved this season, is still too inconsistent IMO! :agree:

Possibly one of the best strikers of a football that I have ever seen live nevertheless! :agree:

BT58
27-03-2010, 11:02 AM
methinks it will be
maka
hogg
bamba
cregg
thicot
zouma
benji
and hopefully not deeks
all the money we recieve from bamba to pay for replacements

hb

Hibs On Tour
27-03-2010, 11:06 AM

BH.

:agree: There's been other posts on here suggesting these were the ones Yogi referred to initially when he said that certain of them were getting too big for their boots and he'd have to ship some favourites out and that the fans would have to trust him on this. If true, can see it perhaps causing bigger problems with the other players in terms of 'how are they no getting binned for being like that' but that's just idle speculation!

Hibs On Tour
27-03-2010, 11:09 AM
I have seen Deeks track back so many times this season, i am wondering that Yogi may play him left back next season. :thumbsup:

:top marks Agree 100% with all that. :agree:

Hibs On Tour
27-03-2010, 11:15 AM
I dispair sometimes at the attitudes about Deek. Back at the club he loves, 13 goals and lots of assists so doing his job. Always our most dangerous and naturally talented player - we have no-one else who could conjour something out of nothing in the way he can. Coupled with that he *has* taken on board that he needs to work harder for the team and track back more - difference in DR on that side has been frankly astounding. That said, I don't want him back in the LB position blocking crosses, I want him sitting around the half-way line waiting to break where he's dangerous and scoring goals for us.

We should be thanking our lucky stars we got him back instead of trying to usher him out of the door FFS :grr:

Owain_1987
27-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Really don't see Deeks going. I think it be Bamba, Zemmama (as he don't really fit in to the team) and someone like Rankin maybe I know not a fans favorite but hey Rice might not realise who is liked as most on here don't seem like Bamba or Deeks ether.

YetholmHibee
27-03-2010, 11:52 AM

Considering Riordan struggles to take on the opposition's right back for speed, pace & strength . . . I cannot see him playing left back next season :greengrin

There should be no individuals in a team & all players should know what is expected of them when attacking & defending.

Look what happened to Celtic on Wednesday how many strikers (or attacking players) were on the pitch & how many goals did Celtic concede because of it.
Was that the defenders fault or was the balance of the team wrong ?

. . . . does this not sound similar to Hibs on-going problems ?

I don't dislike Riordan, he is a talented player, but IMHO it's just all about the balance of the team.

Cannot play Riordan, Benji & Zemmama at the same time if the midfield battle has not been won during a game

Riordan needs more better players around him too - big target striker for one(Brewster, Mixu, Killen, Kyle, Memhet etc.).

I don't think Riordan will be leaving in the summer but the current Hibs team is not suited to his style.

That's for the manager to sort out.

Time for a big clear out :agree:

whiskyhibby
27-03-2010, 12:07 PM

That rules Hogg out obviously :devil: