PDA

View Full Version : lay off yogi

selkirkhibee
26-03-2010, 08:34 PM
look i know we have fell away (like a lead balloon)but i think we have to be patient i think we have nucleus for a decent team next year.once the summer clear out is over and we get sorted for a decent defence couple of midfielders we will be ok.the problem is yogi just about done it right away and the bubble burst and now we are same old hibs but i reckon it was too big a job to sort in one season.he has made mistakes we all know that but i reckon he will come good.i think maybe he HAS been reading hibs net ,bounce etc and has acted on this to the detriment of the team.all the folk shouting for hogg to be dropped cos his distribution was bad well now after jambos game and rc game i have too say he was missed if he was playing against yams and rc i dont think they would both have scored twice.also at the end of the day all of us guys on here are just keyboard heroes at the end of the day yogi is the man taking the flack (i know he is payed alot but i really believe he would do it for nothing)and we should get behind him and the team.as a footnote i was at dingwall and i was appalled to have to break up hibs fans fighting each other ****ing disgrace sorry for swearing but it is.come on boys for last nine games lets get in there and get behind them.get the singing gan not when we are winning but all the time cmon the hibs!(fingers are ****ed noo)

noseyhibby
26-03-2010, 08:46 PM
look i know we have fell away (like a lead balloon)but i think we have to be patient i think we have nucleus for a decent team next year.once the summer clear out is over and we get sorted for a decent defence couple of midfielders we will be ok.the problem is yogi just about done it right away and the bubble burst and now we are same old hibs but i reckon it was too big a job to sort in one season.he has made mistakes we all know that but i reckon he will come good.i think maybe he HAS been reading hibs net ,bounce etc and has acted on this to the detriment of the team.all the folk shouting for hogg to be dropped cos his distribution was bad well now after jambos game and rc game i have too say he was missed if he was playing against yams and rc i dont think they would both have scored twice.also at the end of the day all of us guys on here are just keyboard heroes at the end of the day yogi is the man taking the flack (i know he is payed alot but i really believe he would do it for nothing)and we should get behind him and the team.as a footnote i was at dingwall and i was appalled to have to break up hibs fans fighting each other ****ing disgrace sorry for swearing but it is.come on boys for last nine games lets get in there and get behind them.get the singing gan not when we are winning but all the time cmon the hibs!(fingers are ****ed noo)

A good honest post. I can't agree with every point (ie Hogg) or that I'm a keyboard hero -coward might be more appropriate (ha ha)
Here's to a dramatic recovery from our boys:rolleyes:

selkirkhibee
26-03-2010, 08:53 PM
A good honest post. I can't agree with every point (ie Hogg) or that I'm a keyboard hero -coward might be more appropriate (ha ha)
Here's to a dramatic recovery from our boys:rolleyes:
well that is whole point of a forum not everyone agrees which is how it should be but hey we are all hibees and i just think we should draw together and show scotland that we are the best supporters oot there this year has been half good if you know what i mean but on wednesday night when the team run oot lets all get in there behind them and sing till oor throats are sore

Long suffering
26-03-2010, 08:54 PM
I think that the signs are worrying though. I believe that we are hearing far too much of the same cliched stuff in interviews without any real tactical thoughts or substance. Plan B appears to be non-existant, and worryingly issues such as the midfield have not been adressed (standard 442 please, its embarassing when ross county can dominate us on our own patch). While we have improved from last season, the basic problems still remain. Our team is the 3rd to 4th best in the league so I feel this target should be met. I will give Hughes untill the end if the season, then I will make my mind up.

selkirkhibee
26-03-2010, 09:00 PM
I think that the signs are worrying though. I believe that we are hearing far too much of the same cliched stuff in interviews without any real tactical thoughts or substance. Plan B appears to be non-existant, and worryingly issues such as the midfield have not been adressed (standard 442 please, its embarassing when ross county can dominate us on our own patch). While we have improved from last season, the basic problems still remain. Our team is the 3rd to 4th best in the league so I feel this target should be met. I will give Hughes untill the end if the season, then I will make my mind up.

i quite agree mate we should beat rc and yes we should be third every year or second . first belief must be instilled first though.we are 4 players short of a really good team.the problem isnae yogi it is we have thought it was gonna happen right away.

Long suffering
26-03-2010, 09:04 PM
i quite agree mate we should beat rc and yes we should be third every year or second . first belief must be instilled first though.we are 4 players short of a really good team.the problem isnae yogi it is we have thought it was gonna happen right away.

yes your right. everyone, myself included should not have got carried away when we were close to celtic, as if we were to analyse the performances on our unbeaten run, we were a tad fortunate. And you are right we are close to being a very good team, however yogi doesnt help himself be playing a 433.

Long suffering
26-03-2010, 09:10 PM

out of interest, what 4 additions would you make?

Lang Toun Hibs
26-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Hughes was like this at Falkirk - when on a good run he kept the team on a good run. When things go wrong he struggles to pull the team out of it and I can't help but think it's got a lot to do with how he speaks to the players on match days. In the press he is very much protective of them but anyone who has sat near him will know that on the touchline he screams and rants and intimidates them...god knows what someone like Zemamma makes of it all. It's nice to see some passion but it has to be more controlled. The players take note of this and it's not uncommon to see the players screaming at each other on the park...if this all ends with a win, everyone forgives each other and everyone is happy but if we lose then the players turn away from each other, blame each other...cliques form and the team stop playing as a team.

Yogi's learning and I'm sure he can only get better at this part of the job - which I believe is the hardest part of the job - and as a Hibee and someone who has delivered a lot of good signings, good football and a lot of good results, he deserves the time to develop and grow into this job. In the main I've enjoyed my opportunities I've had to watch Hibs this season (St.Johnstone away was an exception), more so than last season for sure and if we can get back on track and go on a run we'll be back in third in no time at all.

The dust has settled...it's time for everyone to rally round and get right behind the team, management and the club.

GGTTH

selkirkhibee
26-03-2010, 09:17 PM
yes your right. everyone, myself included should not have got carried away when we were close to celtic, as if we were to analyse the performances on our unbeaten run, we were a tad fortunate. And you are right we are close to being a very good team, however yogi doesnt help himself be playing a 433.

i totally agree nae gid has to be 442 we have no pace for 433 but u have too mind he is still trying like **** too sort something that wasnt broken,easy mistake to make it has went tits up since bamba came back and stack just upset the make up of team.

selkirkhibee
26-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Hughes was like this at Falkirk - when on a good run he kept the team on a good run. When things go wrong he struggles to pull the team out of it and I can't help but think it's got a lot to do with how he speaks to the players on match days. In the press he is very much protective of them but anyone who has sat near him will know that on the touchline he screams and rants and intimidates them...god knows what someone like Zemamma makes of it all. It's nice to see some passion but it has to be more controlled. The players take note of this and it's not uncommon to see the players screaming at each other on the park...if this all ends with a win, everyone forgives each other and everyone is happy but if we lose then the players turn away from each other, blame each other...cliques form and the team stop playing as a team.

Yogi's learning and I'm sure he can only get better at this part of the job - which I believe is the hardest part of the job - and as a Hibee and someone who has delivered a lot of good signings, good football and a lot of good results, he deserves the time to develop and grow into this job. In the main I've enjoyed my opportunities I've had to watch Hibs this season (St.Johnstone away was an exception), more so than last season for sure and if we can get back on track and go on a run we'll be back in third in no time at all.

The dust has settled...it's time for everyone to rally round and get right behind the team, management and the club.

GGTTH
aye mate good quote hit nail on heid

Pete
26-03-2010, 09:48 PM

GGTTH

I completely agree. He is still learning his trade and there are obvious flaws in his approach when the going gets tough.

Every young manager has his own unique style.
Mourinho has exelled by truly being one of the boys. High-fives, back-slapping and lots of encouragement on the touchline...he makes players want to die for him and his team-mates.
Others, such a Sven have always been cold as ice on the touchline and relatively calm in the dressing room since he started.

I'm beginning to wonder if Yogi came here too early. It's obvious he has what it takes to be a manager but maybe he should have made his mistakes and developed more acceptable style at other clubs before landing his "dream job". Maybe emotion for his employer is arresting his development as a football manager and man-manager.

hibees53
27-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry but cannot agree about Hughes still learning,look at Mcinnes at St Johnstone and Adams at Ross County,both seem to be miles ahead of Hughes in tactical awareness,personally i feel we have just inherited what was the problem with Hughes was:bitchy: at Falkirk,he just hasnt got it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-03-2010, 10:32 AM
The buck stops with the manager and that is a fact. Accepting the plaudits and accetping the crticism are part and parcel of the job.

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2010, 11:03 AM

GGTTH

:top marks Well said.

hibiedude
27-03-2010, 11:06 AM
The buck stops with the manager and that is a fact. Accepting the plaudits and accetping the crticism are part and parcel of the job.

Yogi problem is he has no tactical awareness and all this lets get behind the manager rubbish can't hid that fact.

All Hibs fans want us back to our winning ways but some off us disagree how it should be done.

Some off us don't have the confidence that Yogi can turn things around and the evidence proves that to be the case because the last 3 months have been unbelievable.

I am a positive person but I’m also a realest and Yogi time is up and there is no hiding that fact.

I hope someone can show me that i'm wrong and the manager has got a plan that can take us forward because I would loved to be proved wrong.