PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to Garry O'Connor

H18sry
26-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I would like to say a great big thank you to our ex striker Garry O'Connor, :applause::applause:

Last month I wrote to all of our ex-players asking if they would like to make a donation as an auction prize for our Hibs.net longest day sportsman's breakfast http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=176874 and today an envelope arrived with a match worn and signed Scotland v Macedonia top dated Sept 5th 2009, a Birmingham away strip signed by the whole 1st team squad, and 10 signed photographs. What a great gesture from a great guy :not worth:not worth

noseyhibby
26-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I would like to say a great big thank you to our ex striker Garry O'Connor, :applause::applause:

Last month I wrote to all of our ex-players asking if they would like to make a donation as an auction prize for our Hibs.net longest day sportsman's breakfast http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=176874 and today an envelope arrived with a match worn and signed Scotland v Macedonia top dated Sept 5th 2009, a Birmingham away strip signed by the whole 1st team squad, and 10 signed photographs. What a great gesture from a great guy :not worth:not worth

I agree. :agree:Well done Gary -hopefully he returns to ER long before his sell by date.

Westie1875
26-03-2010, 07:56 PM

Last month I wrote to all of our ex-players asking if they would like to make a donation as an auction prize for our Hibs.net longest day sportsman's breakfast http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=176874 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=176874) and today an envelope arrived with a match worn and signed Scotland v Macedonia top dated Sept 5th 2009, a Birmingham away strip signed by the whole 1st team squad, and 10 signed photographs. What a great gesture from a great guy :not worth:not worth

Well done Garry :applause:

What did you get from the rest of them? :devil: :greengrin

judas
26-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Extraordinary.

Well done Gary.

PapillonVert
26-03-2010, 08:30 PM
:top marks

Well done, Mr. O'Connor, sir, and good luck with the auction, H18sry!

JoeT_WasTheBest
26-03-2010, 08:33 PM
That's fantastic stuff from Garry O.

I bid a tenner for the Scotland top. Is it mine??

Malthibby
26-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Well done, that man.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

silverhibee
26-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Well done Gaz.:thumbsup::notworthy:

Hiber-nation
26-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Well done Garry and hoping to see him back in a Hibs jersey next season.....stranger things have happened.

OK maybe they haven't but you never know....

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Tremendous stuff Garry :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Has been spotted quite a bit in Edinburgh recently :wink:

Liam89
26-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Absolutely outstanding Gary!

What a great guy. :top marks

Winston Ingram
26-03-2010, 09:51 PM
:hnet:

Leithenhibby
26-03-2010, 10:14 PM

Well done you....

Did a similar letter to Steven Fletcher and Scott Brown, not a peep..:cool2:

Nice one Garry...:top marks

iwasthere1972
26-03-2010, 10:22 PM

:top marks

keep the faith
27-03-2010, 07:22 AM
There wasnt a signed contract to join us in the summer in there was there?

I know there are mixed views on here, but if he is willing to join on our wage structure we should be making a move. We will lose Benji in the summer and think either Stokes or Riordan will go too, I would guess. Nish really has to go too, if we are serious about improving.

GOC on form is a real handful up front and will def score goals.

H18sry
27-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Well done Garry :applause:

What did you get from the rest of them? :devil: :greengrin

Nothing yet but I am still hopefull :wink:

Well done you....

Did a similar letter to Steven Fletcher and Scott Brown, not a peep..:cool2:

Nice one Garry...:top marks

Ditto, but they must get hundereds of these type of requests, and I dont suppose they can keep everybody sweet, and certain charities may be the ones that they support. :agree:

down-the-slope
27-03-2010, 07:31 AM

I know there are mixed views on here, but if he is willing to join on our wage structure we should be making a move. We will lose Benji in the summer and think either Stokes or Riordan will go too, I would guess. Nish really has to go too, if we are serious about improving.

:cool2: well done Garry

off the main topic - would love to see him and stokes as a front 2...if we got back riordens wages then it would make football and financial sense (even if it was only a way of him getting back playing in the shop window)

Houchy
27-03-2010, 07:48 AM
:agree:Well done Garry but also a massive well done and huge thanks to H18SRY for the amout of work you're putting in yet again mate. I can always rely on you mate. Last year, we would have struggled to make the £10k without you organising the Sportsmans breakfast and yet again, you're pulling it out the bag this year.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a few football and golf clubs to see what I can get for the auction.

The Voice Of Reason
27-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Well done GO'C :agree: :top marks

matty_f
27-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Superb gesture from GO'C.:thumbsup:

CraigHibee
27-03-2010, 09:38 AM
take a bow garry :top marks

steakbake
27-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Wonder how many pages we can get with folk's congratulations?

joejoefaemexico
27-03-2010, 03:51 PM

lose? i think the phrase you are looking for is ''get rid'' the guys attitude stinks and has never been a case of when riordan was a greeting face but atleast he could get goals and win games.

sorry to change subject, great gesture from garry. club signed strips are ten a dozen but i am suprised he gave you a matchworn scotland top! top man!:top marks

GloryGlory
27-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Well done, Garry.

PS. Look foward to seeing you in a Hibs jersey soon!

H18sry
28-03-2010, 08:22 AM
:agree:Well done Garry but also a massive well done and huge thanks to H18SRY for the amout of work you're putting in yet again mate. I can always rely on you mate. Last year, we would have struggled to make the £10k without you organising the Sportsmans breakfast and yet again, you're pulling it out the bag this year.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a few football and golf clubs to see what I can get for the auction.

Cheers but raising money for a good cause is worthwhile :wink:

CorrieHibs
28-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Well done Gary.Hopefully see u next year in a Hibs shirt.