PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to Garry O'Connor

H18sry
26-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I would like to say a great big thank you to our ex striker Garry O'Connor, :applause::applause:

Last month I wrote to all of our ex-players asking if they would like to make a donation as an auction prize for our Hibs.net longest day sportsman's breakfast http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=176874 and today an envelope arrived with a match worn and signed Scotland v Macedonia top dated Sept 5th 2009, a Birmingham away strip signed by the whole 1st team squad, and 10 signed photographs. What a great gesture from a great guy :not worth:not worth

noseyhibby
26-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I would like to say a great big thank you to our ex striker Garry O'Connor, :applause::applause:

Last month I wrote to all of our ex-players asking if they would like to make a donation as an auction prize for our Hibs.net longest day sportsman's breakfast http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=176874 and today an envelope arrived with a match worn and signed Scotland v Macedonia top dated Sept 5th 2009, a Birmingham away strip signed by the whole 1st team squad, and 10 signed photographs. What a great gesture from a great guy :not worth:not worth

I agree. :agree:Well done Gary -hopefully he returns to ER long before his sell by date.

Westie1875
26-03-2010, 08:56 PM

Last month I wrote to all of our ex-players asking if they would like to make a donation as an auction prize for our Hibs.net longest day sportsman's breakfast http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=176874 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=176874) and today an envelope arrived with a match worn and signed Scotland v Macedonia top dated Sept 5th 2009, a Birmingham away strip signed by the whole 1st team squad, and 10 signed photographs. What a great gesture from a great guy :not worth:not worth

Well done Garry :applause:

What did you get from the rest of them? :devil: :greengrin

judas
26-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Extraordinary.

Well done Gary.

PapillonVert
26-03-2010, 09:30 PM
:top marks

Well done, Mr. O'Connor, sir, and good luck with the auction, H18sry!

JoeT_WasTheBest
26-03-2010, 09:33 PM
That's fantastic stuff from Garry O.

I bid a tenner for the Scotland top. Is it mine??

Malthibby
26-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Well done, that man.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

silverhibee
26-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Well done Gaz.:thumbsup::notworthy:

Hiber-nation
26-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Well done Garry and hoping to see him back in a Hibs jersey next season.....stranger things have happened.

OK maybe they haven't but you never know....

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Tremendous stuff Garry :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Has been spotted quite a bit in Edinburgh recently :wink:

Liam89
26-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Absolutely outstanding Gary!

What a great guy. :top marks

Winston Ingram
26-03-2010, 10:51 PM
:hnet:

Leithenhibby
26-03-2010, 11:14 PM

Well done you....

Did a similar letter to Steven Fletcher and Scott Brown, not a peep..:cool2:

Nice one Garry...:top marks

iwasthere1972
26-03-2010, 11:22 PM

:top marks

keep the faith
27-03-2010, 08:22 AM
There wasnt a signed contract to join us in the summer in there was there?

I know there are mixed views on here, but if he is willing to join on our wage structure we should be making a move. We will lose Benji in the summer and think either Stokes or Riordan will go too, I would guess. Nish really has to go too, if we are serious about improving.

GOC on form is a real handful up front and will def score goals.

H18sry
27-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Well done Garry :applause:

What did you get from the rest of them? :devil: :greengrin

Nothing yet but I am still hopefull :wink:

Well done you....

Did a similar letter to Steven Fletcher and Scott Brown, not a peep..:cool2:

Nice one Garry...:top marks

Ditto, but they must get hundereds of these type of requests, and I dont suppose they can keep everybody sweet, and certain charities may be the ones that they support. :agree:

down-the-slope
27-03-2010, 08:31 AM

I know there are mixed views on here, but if he is willing to join on our wage structure we should be making a move. We will lose Benji in the summer and think either Stokes or Riordan will go too, I would guess. Nish really has to go too, if we are serious about improving.

:cool2: well done Garry

off the main topic - would love to see him and stokes as a front 2...if we got back riordens wages then it would make football and financial sense (even if it was only a way of him getting back playing in the shop window)

Houchy
27-03-2010, 08:48 AM
:agree:Well done Garry but also a massive well done and huge thanks to H18SRY for the amout of work you're putting in yet again mate. I can always rely on you mate. Last year, we would have struggled to make the 10k without you organising the Sportsmans breakfast and yet again, you're pulling it out the bag this year.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a few football and golf clubs to see what I can get for the auction.

The Voice Of Reason
27-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Well done GO'C :agree: :top marks

matty_f
27-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Superb gesture from GO'C.:thumbsup:

CraigHibee
27-03-2010, 10:38 AM
take a bow garry :top marks

steakbake
27-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Wonder how many pages we can get with folk's congratulations?

joejoefaemexico
27-03-2010, 04:51 PM

lose? i think the phrase you are looking for is ''get rid'' the guys attitude stinks and has never been a case of when riordan was a greeting face but atleast he could get goals and win games.

sorry to change subject, great gesture from garry. club signed strips are ten a dozen but i am suprised he gave you a matchworn scotland top! top man!:top marks

GloryGlory
27-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Well done, Garry.

PS. Look foward to seeing you in a Hibs jersey soon!

H18sry
28-03-2010, 08:22 AM
:agree:Well done Garry but also a massive well done and huge thanks to H18SRY for the amout of work you're putting in yet again mate. I can always rely on you mate. Last year, we would have struggled to make the 10k without you organising the Sportsmans breakfast and yet again, you're pulling it out the bag this year.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a few football and golf clubs to see what I can get for the auction.

Cheers but raising money for a good cause is worthwhile :wink:

CorrieHibs
28-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Well done Gary.Hopefully see u next year in a Hibs shirt.