PDA

View Full Version : Yogi - what's your tactics ?

EasterRoad4Ever
26-03-2010, 05:13 PM
How many more column inches are the press going to devote to Hughes bumbling on about players having a gid look at themselves, players reflecting, bunker mentality, going for 3rd, believing in the players, his "vision" (whatever that is) blah blah blah.

Wouldn't it be refreshing to hear what tactics Hughes is actually going to deploy in a match, or what aspects of the game worked/didn't work, where we might overcome the opposition, counter their strengths, what tactical changes he might be considering to arrest the slump, anything along those lines would be good to hear. I'm not sure that Hughes actually THINKS about stuff like that. Apart from trying to fire up the players (which he's clearly failing to do) what else does he say pre-match ? How has he seen how the shape of a game is panning out and changed the formation, or used subs to exploit a weakness ?????

What would happen if a journo asked his to explain his formation, tactics etc ?

_hucks_
26-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I'd be quite upset if Yogi was publicising his tactics pre-match to the media - if he gets the tactics right I'll be happy. I don't need to know them beforehand and I don't want the opposition to know them beforehand either.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I'd be quite upset if Yogi was publicising his tactics pre-match to the media - if he gets the tactics right I'll be happy. I don't need to know them beforehand and I don't want the opposition to know them beforehand either.

Aye, that could really hurt us and lead to crap teams like the Yams, and Ross County playing us off the park :devil:

_hucks_
26-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Aye, that could really hurt us and lead to crap teams like the Yams, and Ross County playing us off the park :devil:

Granted, but if he does mix things up, yer not wanting to give teams prior warning.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
26-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I heard a press guy asked Yogi where his tactics were against Ross County and he offered the boy some extra stong "tic-tacs".

:confused:

Worrying.

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I heard a press guy asked Yogi where his tactics were against Ross County and he offered the boy some extra stong "tic-tacs".

Worrying.

I heard Hibs are 7 points clear of Hearts.

With a game in hand :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2010, 05:36 PM

Worrying.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf: I nearly split my pants with that one. New jokes are fantastic, just a pity thats not one of them.:bitchy:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
26-03-2010, 05:43 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf: I nearly split my pants with that one. New jokes are fantastic, just a pity thats not one of them.:bitchy:

Whose joking :confused: That's what I heard from a guy in the EEN.

Saorsa
26-03-2010, 05:47 PM
I heard Hibs are 7 points clear of Hearts.

With a game in hand :cool2:remember the last game in hand? :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 05:49 PM
remember the last game in hand? :boo hoo:

:agree::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Ironically enough we COULD be sitting in 3rd place tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Saorsa
26-03-2010, 05:50 PM
:agree::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Ironically enough we COULD be sitting in 3rd place tomorrow.:thumbsup:I wouldnae haud yer breath though :cool2:

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I wouldnae haud yer breath though :cool2:

A Falkirk side fighting for there lives with a point to prove, Throw in ex ****bo captain caveman in charge and a few Falkirk players wanting to show Hughes what they are about!.

Ill steer clear of Hibs this weekend in the betting :greengrin

noseyhibby
26-03-2010, 07:52 PM

I love the irony in your post:top marks