PDA

View Full Version : Yogi attacks message board fans

lucky
26-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Yogi calling Hibs.net and its users faceless wonders in today's Daily Record. Which is a bit OTT considering the team he has picked is spineless. I really don't like managers or players having ago at fans. Players and managers will leave as soon as they get a better offer but fans stay loyal through out their lives.

so come on Yogi gies peace

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/03/26/john-hughes-adamant-stittering-hibs-can-finish-in-third-86908-22140056/

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Yogi calling Hibs.net and its users faceless wonders in today's Daily Record. Which is a bit OTT considering the team he has picked is spineless. I really don't like managers or players having ago at fans. Players and managers will leave as soon as they get a better offer but fans stay loyal through out their lives.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/03/26/john-hughes-adamant-stittering-hibs-can-finish-in-third-86908-22140056/

More slavering p*sh. The man must live and breath soundbites. He should be keeping his head down just now.

I am starting to really worry. He seems to manage the way he played - like a headless chicken.

Can anybody else see parallels between Yogi and Stephen Kenney when he was at Dunfermline? I fully expect the players to be going for ice baths any time soon.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 09:42 AM
"Fan messageboards? I don't read them. What did Walter Smith call them? Faceless wonders? A great name.

It's true though - most of the folk on here wouldn't have the balls to say what they post on here to the person they're rubbishing.

They'll post on here that they would have the balls though. :wink:

Andy74
26-03-2010, 09:44 AM

Not much wrong with anything he has said there.

Maybe we should give him peace to get on with what is still a big rebuilding job? Like he has said since the beginning.

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 09:45 AM

Maybe we should give him peace to get on with what is still a big rebuilding job? Like he has said since the beginning.

Maybe he could give us peace as well, and do the job instead of his daily diatribes in the press. More action, less talk Yogi (although I know you won't read this).

HIBEES 4 LIFE
26-03-2010, 09:46 AM
It's true though - most of the folk on here wouldn't have the balls to say what they post on here to the person they're rubbishing.

:top marks

Can't agree more, we are mostly faceless wonders!

s.a.m
26-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Tbf, I can understand how frustrating message-board criticism must be to a manager. But criticising fans is a dangerous road to go down........He's best advised to keep the heid doon, I would say.

brydekirk
26-03-2010, 09:47 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/03/26/john-hughes-adamant-stittering-hibs-can-finish-in-third-86908-22140056/ (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/03/26/john-hughes-adamant-stittering-hibs-can-finish-in-third-86908-22140056/)
wrong

Sergey

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/03/26/john-hughes-adamant-stittering-hibs-can-finish-in-third-86908-22140056/ (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/03/26/john-hughes-adamant-stittering-hibs-can-finish-in-third-86908-22140056/)

I think you'll find, if you actually read the article, that Yogi makes no reference to hibs.net whatsoever, and the quote you refer to is accredited to Walter Smith.

That's not really Yogi saying "Users of hibs.net are faceless wonders," is it?

ahibby

I don't think that is the point though. The team performances and tactics have been dire and so if a slagging is merited then it is merited. I might not like to hear or read what people have to say about me but that doesn't mean that what they say isn't true. In the end we are entitled to our opinions anyway.

Calvin
26-03-2010, 09:48 AM
I can understand managers having a go at 'faceless wonders' if their unhappiness is not justified, but he must be able to see for himself how bad we are.

persevere1875
26-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Dont those Faceless wonders pay the wages ????

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 09:51 AM
I think you'll find, if you actually read the article, that Yogi makes no reference to hibs.net whatsoever, and the quote you refer to is accredited to Walter Smith.

He does agree with Smith that is a "great name" for people who post on internet messageboards though!

And, since this is the main Hibs fans board, I think we can safely assume that we are part of what he is on about.

What difference does it make if we are 'faceless'? The criticisms are legitimate, end of story.

Golden Bear
26-03-2010, 09:52 AM

That's correct.

Yogi says that he doesn't read messageboards so presumably he's never had the pleasure of reading all the "complimentary" comments which have been directed towards him and the team in the last few months.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't think that is the point though. The team performances and tactics have been dire and so if a slagging is merited then it is merited. I might not like to hear or read what people have to say about me but that doesn't mean that what they say isn't true. In the end we are entitled to our opinions anyway.

I agree but some of the posts that go on here (and other boards I'm sure) are just hysterical toys out of the pram stuff. Once someone is deemed not "Hibs class" (can be decided anytime between them signing the contract and 10 minutes into their 1st match) they are slated every week and it's never let go by some (some of who may be Hearts fans at the wind-up).

Still if he doesn't read the boards I'm not sure how he knows that we're critical. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 09:53 AM

No they pay admission money to Hibernian football club. Some people seem to think that gives them all sort of power over what is happening at the club, they are nothing more than customers.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 09:54 AM

Not really. I reckon a good proportion of folk on here are Hearts fans at the wind-up and another load don't regularly go to games.

ahibby
26-03-2010, 09:54 AM

It reads as though Yogi was agreeing with Walter's sentiments though. I think Yogi is probably hurting a bit, maybe he doesn't read boards etc but maybe his family tell him what they have been reading. The truth does hurt sometimes.

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 09:55 AM
No they pay admission money to Hibernian football club. Some people seem to think that gives them all sort of power over what is happening at the club, they are nothing more than customers.

On the contrary, fan power is more than just the usual customers of a business. Ask Tony Mowbray.

Arch Stanton
26-03-2010, 09:57 AM
A couple of decent performances and all this would have blown over - Hughes didn't need to get into this. I suppose it's better than blaming it on the players for their lack of mental strength as he did in Wed's EEN but he is sure as hell giving the impression of someone who is floundering.

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I agree but some of the posts that go on here (and other boards I'm sure) are just hysterical toys out of the pram stuff. Once someone is deemed not "Hibs class" (can be decided anytime between them signing the contract and 10 minutes into their 1st match) they are slated every week and it's never let go by some (some of who may be Hearts fans at the wind-up).

Still if he doesn't read the boards I'm not sure how he knows that we're critical. :greengrin

Indeed, and how does he know whether we talk sense or not? Maybe if he did read the board, he would know by now that the best policy for Hibs is:

A passing game, which relies on long punts out from the goalie; a formation of 4-4-2, or 4-3-3; players who use their head and play for the jersey with all their passion; a Matty Jack player in midfield who alternates as a left back and a centre forward; an extremely physically fit team in the Collins style, that knows how to express itself in the Mowbray style. etc

FACT

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 09:58 AM

Can I just say well done to Matthew Fairnie for using his real name on here. It may get him grief from KickBack and that but at least Yogi can't call him faceless.

The_Todd
26-03-2010, 09:58 AM
He said he didn't read messageboards, that's a bit different to an "attack", no?

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 10:00 AM
He said he didn't read messageboards, that's a bit different to an "attack", no?

He said that "faceless wonders" is a "great name" for "them" (messageboard users). 'Attack' is maybe a bit strong, but he's still having a go and dismissing the lot of us.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 10:02 AM
He said that "faceless wonders" is a "great name" for "them" (messageboard users). 'Attack' is maybe a bit strong, but he's still having a go and dismissing the lot of us.

Not all of us. Just those of you who he doesn't agree with. :greengrin

Franck is God
26-03-2010, 10:02 AM

Exactly, he was quoting a Walter Smith comment, nothing he says in the interview was negative towards Hibs or their fans.

FWIW Walter's comments about the majority of forum fans is spot on, easy to make comments while hiding behind a made up name...

Calvin
26-03-2010, 10:08 AM
If I had John Hughes round for dinner I would tell him what I thought the problems were and he would tell me either how he planned to rectify the issues or why in his opinion, which is a lot more expert than mine, why these were not problems, all in a good natured and reasonable conversation.

I don't have that opportunity, so a Fans Forum is the only way to express my opinions on Hibs and I am not sure I should be criticised for that. Perhaps it would be better if Hughes actually answered some of the criticism levelled at him?

ahibby
26-03-2010, 10:08 AM
On the contrary, fan power is more than just the usual customers of a business. Ask Tony Mowbray.

Precisely and they are still in the Scottish Cup with their biggest rivals out and sitting in second place. We are out of the cup and have gone from 3rd to 5th due to a really dire run. I am not saying Yogi should go because of that but if TM can be held responsible for such a slump should Yogi not even be criticised for something similar or worse. Celtics thumping at Paisley was only marginally worse than ours at Perth; atleast Celtic managed a few pops at goals in the first half hour of the game which is something we haven't done in to many recent matches (Perth and Tynecastle especially). He talks about taking it on the chin but de didn't mention taking swipes back; I'll look forward to hearing him say he will, in future. To those managers who disrespect us back by calling us faceless wonders, how faceless would they be if they hadn't fallen in to jobs initially which lead to such limelight with out even needing qualifications?:blah: having said all that I think Yogi is responding to questions asked and is answering them in a similar way as many would who post on here.

Expecting Rain
26-03-2010, 10:10 AM
I`m glad he doesn`t read .net that would strike me as being totally amateurish, as for hitting back at the critics, his opinion is just as valid as those who are criticising him.

SRHibs
26-03-2010, 10:12 AM

So?
Maybe this is a better place to get an opinion then? At least you'll get a no holds barred version of what people are really thinking. Instead of some sugar coated rubbish because they don't 'have the balls to say what they post on here to the person they're rubbishing'...

Keith_M
Can I just say well done to Matthew Fairnie for using his real name on here. It may get him grief from KickBack and that but at least Yogi can't call him faceless.

Oi! I use my real name as well!!!

I hate my Dad. How drunk must he have been that day at the registrar.

:boo hoo:

Arch Stanton
Exactly, he was quoting a Walter Smith comment, nothing he says in the interview was negative towards Hibs or their fans.

FWIW Walter's comments about the majority of forum fans is spot on, easy to make comments while hiding behind a made up name...

Giving out personal details on the internet is a complete and utter no-no.

Claining that opinions can be dismissed because they are anonymous is ridiculous - opinion polls are anonymous should they be discounted also?

Judas Iscariot
Would he rather the "Faceless" people voice all there concerns and annoyance at the game rather than on the net?!

Poor comment from him IMO..

Keith_M
26-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Own up, which of you has a Devil Dug and drinks cans of Wicked Strength Kestrel Lager?

You know who you are!

Actually, my money's on Delabooze. I think the name gives it away (Tee Total my erchie!).

:wink:

archiebald
26-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Should he not be in hiding instead of talking to every newspaper- magazine and getting it sorted instead of drawing attention to himself.IDIOT played like a headless chicken (correct) manages like a headless chicken (correct) :blah::blah::blah::blah:

lucky
26-03-2010, 10:20 AM

Sergey-- You usually dissect the accounts of the Yams in a very analytical way I am surprised that you cant make the link with Message board fans and faceless wonders to this board.

He has taken a fair bit of praise from lots on here including me but I just don't think the manager of Hibernian or any club should be having a dig at its supporters. So when the team is doing poorly then he must accept the flack that goes with it.

For those who think we are customers rather than supporters you must not share the same passion and love for the club as others. I am a customer of Morrisons but I might to to ASDA, I am a supporter of Hibs but would never dream of going to the PBS.

Brizo
26-03-2010, 10:20 AM
If words were points we'd be top of the league. I still belive in Yogi and the vision but im getting tired of his endless media monologues. To think some folk thought he was too inarticulate for Hibs. His problems a verbosity that knows no bounds , he obviously loves the sound of his own voice. In times like these Yogi should leave his talking to East Mains , the changing room and the touchline. Theyre the only words that count.

J-C
26-03-2010, 10:23 AM

Before posting this p1sh, get the facts straight eh!

"Fan messageboards? I don't read them. What did Walter Smith call them? Faceless wonders? A great name.

Enough said, non story.

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 10:24 AM
For those who think we are customers rather than supporters you must not share the same passion and love for the club as others. I am a customer of Morrisons but I might to to ASDA, I am a supporter of Hibs but would never dream of going to the PBS.

Supporters yes, owners no. Some people sit and make pronouncements on the players like some 18th Century mill owner.

"Nah listen 'ere yoo lot, I peh yor wages an yo will respect my every demand".

Like it or not, we have no rights in this matter, other than to walk away. The love is unconditional, it is also unrequited.

Peevemor
26-03-2010, 10:25 AM
If words were points we'd be top of the league. I still belive in Yogi and the vision but im getting tired of his endless media monologues. To think some folk thought he was too inarticulate for Hibs. His problems a verbosity that knows no bounds , he obviously loves the sound of his own voice. In times like these Yogi should leave his talking to East Mains , the changing room and the touchline. Theyre the only words that count.

He can't win either way can he?

If he stopped giving press conferences, or started dishing out Blobbyesque comments he'd be accused of hiding/losing the plot.

Caversham Green
26-03-2010, 10:25 AM
The article is about Yogi admitting we're in a slump and talking about how he's going to address the problem. In a throwaway couple of lines at the end he says he never reads fans messageboards.

Given that someone has taken the article as an attack on Hibs.net and all its users, and the subsequent overreaction on this thread, I'd say he's not a bad judge in that respect.

Get. A. Grip.

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 10:27 AM
The article is about Yogi admitting we're in a slump and talking about how he's going to address the problem. In a throwaway couple of lines at the end he says he never reads fans messageboards.

Given that someone has taken the article as an attack on Hibs.net and all its users, and the subsequent overreaction on this thread, I'd say he's not a bad judge in that respect.

Get. A. Grip.

For me, the over reaction surrounds the fact that Yogi is a gob sh*te. There's not enough room for two of us on this board.

Jack
26-03-2010, 10:28 AM
The chat on here is no different than it is in pubs and playgrounds around the Hibsdom. If Yogi was to walk into Tamsons tonight for example I'd expect he'd be asked a few stern questions.
The internet and forums like this one are just big pubs where lazy journalists browse like yams in buckets.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 10:29 AM
So?
Maybe this is a better place to get an opinion then? At least you'll get a no holds barred version of what people are really thinking. Instead of some sugar coated rubbish because they don't 'have the balls to say what they post on here to the person they're rubbishing'...

I see what you're saying but I wouldn't have thought so. As I said when you don't put your name to something you can be outrageously OTT - some of the stuff I post on here I wouldn't dream saying in real life.

Claining that opinions can be dismissed because they are anonymous is ridiculous - opinion polls are anonymous should they be discounted also?

Sometimes they are discounted - they usually only survey a minority of folk.

lucky
26-03-2010, 10:31 AM

Enough said, non story.

How is it P1sh, he is clearly being dismissive as you are of supporters who participate on fans message boards. It is not a non story as it clear that some in football want the plaudits with success but cant handle flack when it is going wrong. By the way it is going seriously wrong

marinello59

Enough said, non story.

Aye, a throwaway remark to a journos question.
Now if he was chasing us all down the street with an axe, that would be a decent story.:agree:
(I might just start a thread asking what if Yogi chased us down the street with an axe. By the end of the day we will be screaming for him to get life and nothing less.)

Steve-O
I see what you're saying but I wouldn't have thought so. As I said when you don't put your name to something you can be outrageously OTT - some of the stuff I post on here I wouldn't dream saying in real life.

Sometimes they are discounted - they usually only survey a minority of folk.

Plenty people give their opinion, and real names, to the EEN every week...so what about those people? They are faceless still, although not nameless?

Faceless is a cop out - what does Yogi expect? People to go down to ER and tell him what they think face to face?

RIP
26-03-2010, 10:32 AM
If he's saying fans messageboards are not representative of the view of the majority of fans then he is to be applauded.

Time somebody said it!

Gaun Yersel' Yogi:thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
26-03-2010, 10:34 AM

OY!! :wink:

And maybe Yogi SHOULD read hibs.net, and see how the fans are hurting the now!

At least no-one can say its the "keyboard managers" fault that smith played on Tuesday now :cool2:

Golden Bear

That's correct.

Yogi says that he doesn't read messageboards so presumably he's never had the pleasure of reading all the "complimentary" comments which have been directed towards him and the team in the last few months.

KerPlunk
I just wish Hughes would devote more time to rectifying his team's glaring shortcomings and his own tactical naiivete rather than enhancing his "meeja darling" reputation.

:grr:

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 10:35 AM
If he's saying fans messageboards are not representative of the view of the majority of fans then he is to be applauded.

Time somebody said it!

Aye, it's only us on here who are concerned about the job he is doing? Yer average man in the street thinks he's the bees knees!! :rolleyes:

Wilson
26-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Many messageboard fans aren't faceless. Quite a lot of their faces can be seen in the crowd on a Saturday. In case Yogi missed them they aren't all smiles at the moment.

I'm sick of all the big talk coming from Yogi and the players yet all we're getting from them is poor performances and poor results.

If they don't like criticism then they should do something on the park worthy of praise.

Expecting Rain
26-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Stuff always looks worse in text than when it is being said, that is why there are so many pointless arguments on this board, i should know i`ve been involved in quite a few, if you met the person face to face you would probably have a good laugh and be less egotistical, i wouldn`t care if Yogi named names ( user names of course) he definitely has the right to answer back, i`m more bothered what the team does on the pitch.

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Now if he was chasing us all down the street with an axe, that would be a decent story.:agree:
(I might just start a thread asking what if Yogi chased us down the street with an axe. By the end of the day we will be screaming for him to get life and nothing less.)

I'd pull the trigger myself, and get a good night's sleep afterwards.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Plenty people give their opinion, and real names, to the EEN every week...so what about those people? They are faceless still, although not nameless?

Faceless is a cop out - what does Yogi expect? People to go down to ER and tell him what they think face to face?

I've given my comments to the EEN and sometimes read them as well. I think he probably means (or Smith does anyway since it was him who said it) that folk spout pish when they're hiding behind a made up name. I may disagree with some of the comments in the EEN but they're rarely as outrageous as some of the crap that gets posted on here.

I don't know what Yogi expects? Maybe an email or a phone call or something? Maybe just applause or boos at the ground? No idea I'm afraid.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I just wish Hughes would devote more time to rectifying his team's glaring shortcomings and his own tactical naiivete rather than enhancing his "meeja darling" reputation.

:grr:

I think it was a standard press conference yesterday - he's not went out of his way to enhance his reputation. Just answered the questions put to him - like we expect him to. If he didn't there'd be complaints.

McHibby
26-03-2010, 10:50 AM

As a Law student I can tell you that the chasing of a Hibee with an axe under the Queen's peace would indeed incur a life sentence. :devil:

col02
26-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Dramatised title if ever I have seen one! Some folk should stop being so precious and accept if they dish out criticism they can expect it back though in this case there is none.

Houchy
26-03-2010, 10:57 AM

Enough said, non story.

:agree:

He's not come out and rubbished anyone or personally slagged anyone off, he's just quoted Walter Smith.:agree:

J-C
26-03-2010, 11:04 AM
How is it P1sh, he is clearly being dismissive as you are of supporters who participate on fans message boards. It is not a non story as it clear that some in football want the plaudits with success but cant handle flack when it is going wrong. By the way it is going seriously wrong

It's p1sh because in the thread headline and your first line you state that Yogi attcks message boards and then calls hibs.net faceless wonders.

Infact in the article he says nowt about messageboards apart from the fact he doesn't go on them and then quoted something Walter Smith said about messageboards and their users.

So you've taken a non story, adjusted it for your own little benefit and made it look like Yogi was slagging us off and having a dig at us.

FFS get a grip. :grr:

Gatecrasher
26-03-2010, 11:07 AM
some people said before christmas we were going to splitting the OF now we will be lucky to make the top 6.:dizzy:

point of views expressed on this and other hibs message boards, posters having constant pops at players, and general disrespect for the club, board, management, players and other fans.

a very good source of information but you have to go through some amount of crap to get there :agree:

FWIW yogi hasnt said much wrong here and as pointed out already most folk on here wouldnt have the baws to say half the stuff posted to the persons face.

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 11:07 AM

He's not come out and rubbished anyone or personally slagged anyone off, he's just quoted Walter Smith.:agree:

But he was agreeing with the quote? This means he also believes we are faceless wonders.

Why is this so difficult to understand.

If I say "What was it Danderhall Hibs said? Houchy is an erse? Great name for him", then wouldn't you think I was also calling you an erse?

Arch Stanton
26-03-2010, 11:08 AM
It's p1sh because in the thread headline and your first line you state that Yogi attcks message boards and then calls hibs.net faceless wonders.

Infact in the article he says nowt about messageboards apart from the fact he doesn't go on them and then quoted something Walter Smith said about messageboards and their users.

So you've taken a non story, adjusted it for your own little benefit and made it look like Yogi was slagging us off and having a dig at us.

FFS get a grip. :grr:

To summarise then, he said nothing about messageboards other than the two things he said about messageboards? :greengrin

hibs0666
26-03-2010, 11:09 AM

Three of us stood outside the ross county ground for an hour after the game and he wouldn't come out to speak to us. Faceless wonder

Steve-O
To summarise then, he said nothing about messageboards other than the two things he said about messageboards? :greengrin

:faf:

Exactly!

Danderhall Hibs
But he was agreeing with the quote? This means he also believes we are faceless wonders.

If I say "What was it Danderhall Hibs said? Houchy is an erse? Great name for him", then wouldn't you think I was also calling you an erse?

That was a private conversation. :greengrin

Jim44
26-03-2010, 11:10 AM
The chat on here is no different than it is in pubs and playgrounds around the Hibsdom. If Yogi was to walk into Tamsons tonight for example I'd expect he'd be asked a few stern questions.
The internet and forums like this one are just big pubs where lazy journalists browse like yams in buckets.

:agree: As someone else said, to see comments and criticism in text form somehow appears to give them more credence, weight and durability than verbal comments but they are no more or no less relevant than each other and it's the content of these comments and not their form of delivery which Hughes should be heeding. What does concern me a bit is that Hughes is starting (maybe he's always been guilty of it) to give too much chatty and clever/witty information in his interviews - references to his wife, etc., which is becoming boring and trite and IMHO belittles some of the good and relevant things he has to say. I defended Hughes when he initially came under attack from snobs as being an inarticulate blether and thought that under his 'rough' exterior he talked a lot of sense. I'm re-appraising that opinion and wish to hell that he would take a seat further back when performing to the media.

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 11:10 AM
That was a private conversation. :greengrin

Whoops! Forgot I was on PM at the time :devil:

SalfordHibs
26-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Not really. I reckon a good proportion of folk on here are Hearts fans at the wind-up and another load don't regularly go to games.

I thought we were passed the YAM quotes, seems not eh :bitchy:

J-C
26-03-2010, 11:18 AM

So if he doesn't read messageboaeds then he'll not know what's being said so by calling us faceless wonders means sod all, we are faceless wonders who moan and grumble and tell everyone who'll listen what should and shouldn't be done on and off the park. Nearly everyone on here has never played at a high level, or been involved in a professional set up, so what makes us think we can do a better job than who's in charge at the moment.
Yes we all have our opinions and we have every right to give these but in no way are we capable of running a football team, I think that's what Yogi was on about, he'll listen to fans who care to apraoch him personally and have a blether but he has no time for faceless non entities on a message board.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I thought we were passed the YAM quotes, seems not eh :bitchy:

You can't get rid of them - no matter how much cleaning up the admins do there will still be a large number of Hearts fans pretending to be Hibs fans and stoking the fire anytime they get the chance.

Wilson
26-03-2010, 11:20 AM
FWIW yogi hasnt said much wrong here and as pointed out already most folk on here wouldnt have the baws to say half the stuff posted to the persons face.

Without knowing every single person on here personally I don't know how you can state that as fact.

I imagine quite a few of the more outspoken posters would be perfectly willing to stand by their views and would love the opportunity to put them to Yogi directly.

Yogi has his work cut out without wasting his breath trying to defend the indefensible though.

SalfordHibs
26-03-2010, 11:22 AM
You cna't get rid of them - no matter how much cleaning up the admins do there will still be a large number of Hearts fans pretending to be HIbs fans and stoking the fire anytime they get the chance.

Fair enough i just dont see why if one Hibs fan doesn't agree with others he is instantly made out to be a YAM, it's easy to see you have happy clappers and you have the doom and gloom but we are all Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Fair enough i just dont see why if one Hibs fan doesn't agree with others he is instantly made out to be a YAM, it's easy to see you have happy clappers and you have the doom and gloom but we are all Hibs.

But that's what I'm saying - we're not. This place will have been loaded with Hearts fans pretending to be Hibbies this week.

Phil MaGlass
26-03-2010, 11:25 AM

I think you will find you are wrong on that account, I think most folk on here(myself included) have the baws,I would have liked him to go and stand on the terracing just to find out.Theres always someone harder and with a brain to talk him down.

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 11:25 AM
So if he doesn't read messageboaeds then he'll not know what's being said so by calling us faceless wonders means sod all, we are faceless wonders who moan and grumble and tell everyone who'll listen what should and shouldn't be done on and off the park. Nearly everyone on here has never played at a high level, or been involved in a professional set up, so what makes us think we can do a better job than who's in charge at the moment.
Yes we all have our opinions and we have every right to give these but in no way are we capable of running a football team, I think that's what Yogi was on about, he'll listen to fans who care to apraoch him personally and have a blether but he has no time for faceless non entities on a message board.

Nobody is saying that they could personally do a better job.

I probably could likes, with my eyes shut...:wink::greengrin

But seriously, I think it's legitimate to say you don't think someone is doing a good job at something without it being assumed that means that you think you could do a better job yourself!

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 11:27 AM
I think you will find you are wrong on that account, I think most folk on here(myself included) have the baws,I would have liked him to go and stand on the terracing just to find out.Theres always someone harder and with a brain to talk him down.

I never said everyone would keep quiet but most of them would. If they were given a 1-2-1 with Yogi they'd never spout some of the nonsense they do on here IMO.

Part/Time Supporter
26-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Giving out personal details on the internet is a complete and utter no-no.

Opinion polls are done scientifically and professionally. I'm not sure that could be said about the content of message boards.

:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
26-03-2010, 11:31 AM

Time somebody said it!

It depends what you define fan as..
I have once seen almost 1000 posters/visitors on this board,and that on any matchday is almost equivelant to 10%+/- of the crowd which attends ER every home game.If you think thats not representative of the majority then fine,who am I to argue......

Houchy
26-03-2010, 11:36 AM

I wouldn't worry my tits one bit. Given that I have never met DH (to the best of my knowledge) he is, to me, a faceless wonder.

I know what you're saying but given that most of the posters on here have probably never met Yogi, let alone had a chat with him, we are to him, faceless wonders. What's the problem?

It's not like he's come out and said "see every one of these ****s on hibs.net, they don't half talk sh@te".

Part/Time Supporter
26-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Three of us stood outside the ross county ground for an hour after the game and he wouldn't come out to speak to us. Faceless wonder

You should have been drinking in the pubs outside the station

:cool2:

(either that or knocked down the bridge over the railway line, trapping the team bus at Victoria Park)

Phil MaGlass
26-03-2010, 11:41 AM
It's not like he's come out and said "see every one of these ****s on hibs.net, they don't half talk sh@te".

But it would be funny as fu-- for a few of us.

silverhibee
26-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Just as well James Riordan doesn't post on here any more.:greengrin

Saorsa
26-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Hughes should spend less time ranting tae whaever will listen and more time sorting out the mess on the park if he is indeed capable of doing so, before the faceless messageboard critics translate further tae more empty seats in the stands.

dangermouse
26-03-2010, 11:53 AM
If I had John Hughes round for dinner I would tell him what I thought the problems were and he would tell me either how he planned to rectify the issues or why in his opinion, which is a lot more expert than mine, why these were not problems, all in a good natured and reasonable conversation.

I don't have that opportunity, so a Fans Forum is the only way to express my opinions on Hibs and I am not sure I should be criticised for that. Perhaps it would be better if Hughes actually answered some of the criticism levelled at him?

He'd never have any time to coach the team :greengrin

Arch Stanton
26-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Opinion polls are done scientifically and professionally. I'm not sure that could be said about the content of message boards.

I would agree that, apart from mine and one or two others, most posts on here are rubbish. :greengrin

btw the pollsters may be professional but I'm not so sure about the quality of the people they canvas - a lot of those faceless wonders vote tory ffs!

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't worry my tits one bit. Given that I have never met DH (to the best of my knowledge) he is, to me, a faceless wonder.

I know what you're saying but given that most of the posters on here have probably never met Yogi, let alone had a chat with him, we are to him, faceless wonders. What's the problem?

I think it's the word 'wonders' (ironically) that is the derogatory term really. 95% of fans inside ER have probably never met him either. Are all fans simply 'faceless wonders' with no right to criticise?

Gatecrasher
26-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Without knowing every single person on here personally I don't know how you can state that as fact.

I imagine quite a few of the more outspoken posters would be perfectly willing to stand by their views and would love the opportunity to put them to Yogi directly.

Yogi has his work cut out without wasting his breath trying to defend the indefensible though.

i was posted that as IMO and iv no doubt there would be a few people on here that are happy to do that, he was better off not saying anything at all but there is a mountain being made out of a molehill here.

davemcbain
26-03-2010, 12:23 PM
To me, the interesting thing about the article is not what Yogi said, it's the fact that a journalist, rather than asking him questions direct was openly repeating information he had read on a messageboard which may or may not have been this one.

Take a pat on the back you faceless wonders - YOU are directly influencing Daily ****** "Journalism".

Admins: Id' suggest a permanent sticky on a thread entitled "Gary Ralston, next time you speak to Yogi, please ask him......."

greenlex
26-03-2010, 12:26 PM
I think there are far to many if us on here who have an inflated opinion of ourselves.

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 12:27 PM
To me, the interesting thing about the article is not what Yogi said, it's the fact that a journalist, rather than asking him questions direct was openly repeating information he had read on a messageboard which may or may not have been this one.

Take a pat on the back you faceless wonders - YOU are directly influencing Daily ****** "Journalism".

Admins: Id' suggest a permanent sticky on a thread entitled "Gary Ralston, next time you speak to Yogi, please ask him......."

I think the journalist was in Yogi's company, otherwise how could he report these quotes:

"I don't read newspapers or watch football programmes as I have a total belief about where I want to go.

"Fan messageboards? I don't read them. What did Walter Smith call them? Faceless wonders? A great name

Hibby 2005
26-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I think Yogi is being less than honest when he says he doesn't read about football in the newspapers, watch football programs or take notiice of football fans opinions.
When we were doing well he was lapping it up and quite rightly so but the fall from grace was always just around the corner and he has to take his share of the blame.

Arch Stanton
26-03-2010, 12:37 PM
I think there are far to many if us on here who have an inflated opinion of ourselves.

Now I'm trying to think of any posters who are modest and self-deprecating - struggling.

Toaods
26-03-2010, 12:40 PM
If Yogi doesn't read football fans message boards, how can he be justfied in trying to quantify the value of what these 'faceless wonders' are typing.

Imagine using some Pseudonym...what kind of a two-bit loser would dare such a thing. I'm with 'YOGI' on that one...:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I am not sure that Yogi is really saying anything other than that he doesn't pay attention for fans websites, period. Bit odd that he should have that recorded in a newspaper though, cos I am sure he is down somewhere else for saying that he does not pay attention to newspapers either. The comparison to boxers is just crass though and easily folded back on him. Lately, we have been the boxer with flashy shorts and neat footwork that has been floored by a knockout punch from a gutsy trier. When things are going our way we are great, fantastic even. But when it doesn't, then we're not.:take that

Hibs90
26-03-2010, 12:46 PM
To be honest maybe he should have a read now and then, might inspire him to do something right. Bawbag.

Northern Hibby
26-03-2010, 01:09 PM
an extremely physically fit team in the Collins style, that knows how to express itself in the Mowbray style. etc

Would that not be a Hibs team to behold :thumbsup: flair+fitness = Success

bawheid
26-03-2010, 01:11 PM
To be honest maybe he should have a read now and then, might inspire him to do something right. Bawbag.

:hilarious

Assume you're being ironic. Exactly the sort of thing a faceless wonder would come out with. Saying it to his face would be a different matter.

weonlywon6-2
26-03-2010, 01:12 PM

it was walter smith that said that and yogi is just quoting that.

sitting on the fence a bit with yogi but he does give 100% and nothing less. but is it in the right direction?

weonlywon6-2
26-03-2010, 01:13 PM

monktonharp
26-03-2010, 01:18 PM
As a Law student I can tell you that the chasing of a Hibee with an axe under the Queen's peace would indeed incur a life sentence. :devil:depends how good yer lawyer is,naw?:wink:

weonlywon6-2
26-03-2010, 01:20 PM

a small number maybe but the majority are just frustrated at things just now.

funny old game aintit?, not as though we havent been here before.

only a few eeeks ago we were beside ourselves at hearts getting beat by st mirren having not long won with a last minute strike at darkheid !!!

hopefully by the end of the season we will be laughing again !!!

Speedway
26-03-2010, 01:23 PM

No he didn't.

Tough, one way traffic is acceptable though is it?

Fans pass on negativity to the team their whole lives and justify it by saying 'I pay the wages, I can say what I like'.

If Hibs is a 12,000 supported team and 10,000 are the whingers we get on here, I'd like to follow Hibs as a 2,000 supported team and let the 10,000 die in pain.

BEEJ
26-03-2010, 01:35 PM
I think Yogi is being less than honest when he says he doesn't read about football in the newspapers, watch football programs or take notiice of football fans opinions.

When we were doing well he was lapping it up and quite rightly so but the fall from grace was always just around the corner and he has to take his share of the blame.
It's certainly a different tone from the one he took on the official site as recently as 20th January - 'Supporters are often bang on'.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100120/supporters-are-often-bang-on_2262950_1938050

But presumably the difference is that he's talking there about supporters physically present rather than 'hiding' behind a keyboard. I guess then if you're unable to get to many games, you don't have a voice or an opinion that matters.

matty_f
26-03-2010, 01:44 PM

I've not read the whole thread, but stopped after these two posts as I doubt I'll see many more sensible than these.

If anyone's getting up-in-arms at Yogi's comments then they need to get a grip.

johnrebus
26-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Yogi can say what he likes, I don't have a problem with any of it.

However, it may be a good idea - for his own and Hibs sake - if he was to just shut up and speak to no-one in the media for a week or so - even if we turn over Falkirk tomorrow.

His gob might just benefit from the rest.

iwasthere1972
26-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Couldn't see anything wrong in what he said and as Sergey already mentioned Yogi was quoting Walter Smith. He doesn't have to come on here to read all the pash.....his daughter probably reads it and relays it back to him. :wink:

Tha Cabbage Kid
26-03-2010, 01:57 PM
i think the manager has ever right to say what he said!

i think he has taken alot of stick from fans that maybe he doesnt deserve.

i understand why folk are angry because i was fuming we went out of the cup the way we did! and it will take a long time to forget about it. but we are at the right end of the league table and if we had not had such a great start to the campaign as we did no one would be shouting if we has slowly progressed into 5th place. all the talk of splitting the old firm in his first season made him out to be the messiah and he is still working on our team.

im still 100% behind Hughes and think he will get there.

we are all expecting too much too soon we need to settle down a wee bit. we not as good as we first thought and its going to take time. its out of order calling for the managers head with not even a season behind him.

because lets face it we are not going to get a better manager than Hughes

he is our man and we should be behind him.

Toaods
26-03-2010, 02:03 PM
at least he's consistent though....he ignored all the the faceless wonders at Falkirk last season too.

hibiedude
26-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Indeed, and how does he know whether we talk sense or not? Maybe if he did read the board, he would know by now that the best policy for Hibs is:

A passing game, which relies on long punts out from the goalie; a formation of 4-4-2, or 4-3-3; players who use their head and play for the jersey with all their passion; a Matty Jack player in midfield who alternates as a left back and a centre forward; an extremely physically fit team in the Collins style, that knows how to express itself in the Mowbray style. etc

FACT

I gave up listening to Yogi weeks ago :yawn:

clerriehibs
26-03-2010, 02:08 PM
it was walter smith that said that and yogi is just quoting that.

sitting on the fence a bit with yogi but he does give 100% and nothing less. but is it in the right direction?

FFS!!!!!!!!!!

PLS SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME ...

a) Is Yogi quoting Uncle Walter because he agrees with Uncle Walter's comment

b) Yogi quotes Uncle Walter because he disagrees with Uncle Walter's comment

c) Yogi quotes Uncle Walter because he's a bit of a shabby laszlo, and lies to talk irrelevant p!sh, so long as he can hear his own voice.

Now, I think it's probably a), or maybe c) ... but IN NO WAY is it b).

So stop defending this quote, saying Yogi isn't being disrespectful to Hibs fans with a view, because it's just a quote.

He's quoted it for a reason; the reason is he thinks, in general, the fans' opinion is worthless.

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Yogi can say what he likes, I don't have a problem with any of it.

However, it may be a good idea - for his own and Hibs sake - if he was to just shut up and speak to no-one in the media for a week or so - even if we turn over Falkirk tomorrow.

His gob might just benefit from the rest.

Well said.:top marks

Hibs On Tour
26-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Take a bow son, words right oot o' ma mooth! :wink:

To others going on about his quotes what should be doing? Shutting himself away like a hermit and no speaking to the press at all? No answering questions? Then you lot would just come on and say he's ****ing it and not got the bottle to see the job through. Cannae have it both ways.

You can question his tactics, who he's playing where no probs but for me I cannae find much fault with anything he's been quoted in the press as saying...

Hibs On Tour
26-03-2010, 02:28 PM

Go on, admit it. Your persecution complex has you thinking that he means you and only you personally doesn't it? :devil: Seriously, do you think that he should be spending his time trawling messageboards instead of getting on with the job at hand? Give over...

lucky
26-03-2010, 02:29 PM
No he didn't.

Tough, one way traffic is acceptable though is it?

Fans pass on negativity to the team their whole lives and justify it by saying 'I pay the wages, I can say what I like'.

If Hibs is a 12,000 supported team and 10,000 are the whingers we get on here, I'd like to follow Hibs as a 2,000 supported team and let the 10,000 die in pain.

what a bizarre post. You would rather follow Hibs with a support of 2000 and let the others die. It appears with this post, you slaver more than Yogi, unless your at the wind up. The whole point of message boards is opinions. yet unless they follow your VISION on supporting then its irrelevant

Hibs On Tour
26-03-2010, 02:38 PM

Exactamundo. Like we're all sitting here having somehow figured out the lost secret of how to win football games, gloating almost that it seems Yogi doesn't know and thereby giving us a reason to point and shout. Fuds, in the main - and I include myself in this! :greengrin

Its like election time, every man jack in the street all of a sudden become international economics experts who understand the inner workings of the NHS and the intricasies of the educational system while having an almost psychic ability to 'tune into' the emotional state of the population and know 'what they really want'. Load a pish man!

ahibby
26-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I think I could maybe come up with a good collective name for us but 'faceless wonders' wouldn't be it. How about 'happy clappers', or 'mindless morons', or 'guff spouting goons'? Anybody got some other ideas?

lapsedhibee
I'd pull the trigger myself, and get a good night's sleep afterwards.:greengrin

Shooting's too good for Yogi. He should be made to suffer, slowly and agonisingly over at least 90 minutes, just as he's made us suffer.

I pay his wages.

Jim44
"I don't read newspapers or watch football programmes as I have a total belief about where I want to go."

Really? I once heard Gordon Strachan make the same claim and thought he was a liar. Still do. I find it hard to believe that people in their positions ignore the media to that extent. It's a bit like actors and directors standing aloof saying they don't read the critics. :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Exactamundo. Like we're all sitting here having somehow figured out the lost secret of how to win football games, gloating almost that it seems Yogi doesn't know and thereby giving us a reason to point and shout. Fuds, in the main - and I include myself in this! :greengrin

Its like election time, every man jack in the street all of a sudden become international economics experts who understand the inner workings of the NHS and the intricasies of the educational system while having an almost psychic ability to 'tune into' the emotional state of the population and know 'what they really want'. Load a pish man!

A bit like you, who was able to say what other people would do if Yogi was to shut his trap for a while?

To others going on about his quotes what should be doing? Shutting himself away like a hermit and no speaking to the press at all? No answering questions? Then you lot would just come on and say he's ****ing it and not got the bottle to see the job through. Cannae have it both ways.

Psychic ability indeed! :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Shooting's too good for Yogi. He should be made to suffer, slowly and agonisingly over at least 90 minutes, just as he's made us suffer.

I pay his wages.

You pay them as well? How much is that fraud earning?:grr:

Hibs On Tour
26-03-2010, 03:08 PM
A bit like you, who was able to say what other people would do if Yogi was to shut his trap for a while?

Psychic ability indeed! :wink:

As exhibit 1, I present to you the past behaviour inherent in internet football messageboards... :nerd: maybe more of an educated best guess than psychic no? :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 03:13 PM
As exhibit 1, I present to you the past behaviour inherent in internet football messageboards... :nerd: maybe more of an educated best guess than psychic no? :wink:

I bow to m'learned friends superior knowledge, and refer him to exhibit 2 - one pack of Tarot cards, owner Mr. J. Bloggs. :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
26-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I bow to m'learned friends superior knowledge, and refer him to exhibit 2 - one pack of Tarot cards, owner Mr. J. Bloggs. :greengrin

To be honest, we'd no be worse off if Yogi used that to pick the team and tactics just now! :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 03:45 PM
To be honest, we'd no be worse off if Yogi used that to pick the team and tactics just now! :greengrin

I thought he already was.

Sudds_1
26-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Customers who are paying for a product that's badly damaged ........

........and customers have options :wink: They either don't buy again, or go for another product. Wonder if the trades descriptions act applies to us? :greengrin

Arch Stanton
26-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I must say that Hughes was most definitely referring to hibs.net and the bounce when he quoted W Smith. He may not read these forums, as he said, but he most certainly has looked at them and by quoting Smith he obviously concurs with him.

What other explanation could there possibly be for what was said?

heidtheba
26-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Still Yogi, look on the bright side at least you aren't

Maka/Thomson/Nade/Black/Stewart/fat jim/susan etc etc

Then you'd really be ticked off!

hibee_nation
26-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Yogi is right you are all a bunch of faceless wonders, stop wasting your life on here. :devil:

marinello59
26-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Yogi is right you are all a bunch of faceless wonders, stop wasting your life on here. :devil:

:tee hee:

greenlex
26-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I've not read the whole thread, but stopped after these two posts as I doubt I'll see many more sensible than these.

If anyone's getting up-in-arms at Yogi's comments then they need to get a grip.
So although faceless you have a real name and are ****ting yourself Yogi tracks you down and kicks **** out you. I see where you are coming from. :thumbsup::wink:

Hibby Bairn
26-03-2010, 05:23 PM

Funny I've always thought as being a "member" rather than a customer and the manager and players are short term employees or custodians of our club. A bit like teachers at a school. The school will always be there and mean much more to the community than the teachers who work there.

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Funny I've always thought as being a "member" rather than a customer and the manager and players are short term employees or custodians of our club. A bit like teachers at a school. The school will always be there and mean much more to the community than the teachers who work there.

I think along those lines as well. At the end of the day though, we are kidding ourselves on when we say things like we pay the players wages. We have no bigger stake in the club than Johnny Depp fans have in his movies.

I've been reflecting on all this stuff. I think what has really been peeing me off is when people come on and tell you how recent events have affected them personally - eg how much time, or how much money, they have invested.

It's a bit like a drunk telling you he's blown his wages, and all he has to show for it is a hangover.

I've always seen supporting the team as a collective thing. We all hurt at the same time. It seems a bit crass for people to be reducing games to their individual experience.

Given that we all have ups and downs in life, it seems a bit off for people to inflict their own personal tragedy on others. Dare I say it, but it comes across as if their experience is somehow that much worse than every one else's.

I also think it's a bit off, when people are genuinely struggling, to make a big deal of how much money you have spent following your team. I find it quite disgusting that someone will spend £100, and then expect others to feel sorry for them.

TornadoHibby
26-03-2010, 05:40 PM

Hibby Bairn
26-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I think along those lines as well. At the end of the day though, we are kidding ourselves on when we say things like we pay the players wages. We have no bigger stake in the club than Johnny Depp fans have in his movies.

Of course we pay the players wages. Break it down and it is just a bunch of guys that play on a grass pitch in Leith. It just so happens that as a club we have decided to attract better players by paying them higher salaries.

But in reality we are really no different to Spartans or East Fife or Morton or even Hutchison Vale. It is a club that just happens to be a big club relative to others.....but a club nonetheless.

And any club is bust without its membership.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-03-2010, 06:01 PM

But some of us go to most matches, are ST holders, shareholders and long suffering Hibs fans who have the temerity to want a little bit more from the current transients who claim to represent MY CLUB, and that goes for the manager too.

If Hughes can't hack full justifiable criticism from people who pay his wages, then maybe he should do a different job. Cos at present he's making a complete erse of the one he's in :devil:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
26-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Maybe he should spend more time working out why his team have won only 1 in 9 games. :confused:

Just a daft idea, likesay. :confused:

johnrebus
26-03-2010, 06:02 PM
I am a faceless wonder who's life has been ruined this week by Hibernian Football Club

I will shout and swear - messageboard filters permitting - at John Hughes, the players, other fans who don't agree with me and the fact that I am not married to a twenty five year old super model, drive a Ferrarri and live in a two million pound, seven bedroomed Victorian mansion in the Grange area of our fine city (Fine that is apart from the bloody trams, the weather and the litter.)

In the morning I shall be writing a stiff five page open letter to God as to why my life is not better and will suggest that he can start with that bloody football team!

Oh yes! Straight to the organ grinder!

Life just isn't fair!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Maybe he should spend more time working out why his team have won only 1 in 9 games. :confused:

Yip you are right, it is a daft idea.

The_Todd
26-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Let me get this straight he should spend less time not reading messageboards? Is that's what you're saying?

hibiedude
26-03-2010, 06:41 PM
But some of us go to most matches, are ST holders, shareholders and long suffering Hibs fans who have the temerity to want a little bit more from the current transients who claim to represent MY CLUB, and that goes for the manager too.

If Hughes can't hack full justifiable criticism from people who pay his wages, then maybe he should do a different job. Cos at present he's making a complete erse of the one he's in :devil:

Best reply on this topic :top marks

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 06:41 PM

Maybe.

And maybe FJK should spend mare time trying to consolidate his Hearts team in the top 6 rather than telling all and sundry David Oboua can play football :confused:

hibee_nation
26-03-2010, 06:53 PM

LTYF :jamboak:

Time your name was in pink. GTF

dawn
26-03-2010, 07:03 PM
What a great strap-line for :hnet:

The place for faceless wonders and Pr*cks. Visitors will receive free yam!:greengrin

The_Todd
26-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Visitors will receive free yam!:greengrin

Can I get mine mashed?

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Can I get mine mashed?

I want mine in perfect condition, So akin kick the utter shight out of it.

dawn
26-03-2010, 07:15 PM
I want mine in perfect condition, So akin kick the utter shight out of it.

LOL,
I actually thought The Todd meant to type, Smashed!:faf:

greenlex
26-03-2010, 07:17 PM
LOL,
Nope I am sure he meant Mashed. I would like mine chipped and deep fried with Salt and HP Sauce. :agree:

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 07:17 PM
LOL,

Or maybe he ment stashed..Away in a cupboard for a very long time :greengrin

The_Todd
26-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Nope I am sure he meant Mashed. I would like mine chipped and deep fried with Salt and HP Sauce. :agree:

Nah, defo Mashed. With some black pepper, finely chopped leeks too. Then smothered in gray and served with 3 grilled sauasages.

dawn
26-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Nah, defo Mashed. With some black pepper, finely chopped leeks too. Then smothered in gray and served with 3 grilled sauasages.

I made a lovely pot of lentil soup today, as always I added some grated yams to it. and we all know what happens the day after eating lentil soup!:eek:

hibsbollah
26-03-2010, 07:40 PM

I dont want my manager reading messageboards, Yogi is quite right. He's got much more important things to be doing:agree:

judas
26-03-2010, 07:45 PM
An attack on netters is an attack on the Hibs fans themselves.

The two cannot be separated; they are one.

Our manager cannot talk sympathetically or with any meaning about 'the fans' on the tv and radio and then attack them at the same time.

Yet another Yogi contradiction.

AgentDaleCooper
26-03-2010, 07:48 PM

Our manager cannot talk sympathetically or with any meaning about 'the fans' on the tv and radio and then attack them at the same time.

Yet another Yogi contradiction.you're kinda making hibs.net sound spiritual...

and by the way, they aren't 'one', folk who post on here are a small, specific fraction of the support.

The_Todd
26-03-2010, 07:48 PM

Yet another Yogi contradiction.

What "attack"? This has got out of hand.

judas
26-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Supporters yes, owners no. Some people sit and make pronouncements on the players like some 18th Century mill owner.

"Nah listen 'ere yoo lot, I peh yor wages an yo will respect my every demand".

Like it or not, we have no rights in this matter, other than to walk away. The love is unconditional, it is also unrequited.

The suppporters do contribute to the wages though and certainly deserve to have their say.

You are right about unconditional love though, because it certainly isn't reciprocal.

AgentDaleCooper
26-03-2010, 07:51 PM

no, no, it's true, yogi hates hibs now, told the reporter he's becoming a jambo.

Bayern Bru
26-03-2010, 07:52 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/ioq9zm.jpg

erskine-hibby
26-03-2010, 07:52 PM

And without those 'customers' there wouldn't be a club.

I can't understand why managers have a go at people who voice their opinions on message boards, especially ones who don't, or say they don't, read them. Maybe they should read them every now and then:agree:

judas
26-03-2010, 07:54 PM
you're kinda making hibs.net sound spiritual...

and by the way, they aren't 'one', folk who post on here are a small, specific fraction of the support.

I disagree.

Hibs net for me represents a perfect cross section of the Hibs support, comprising many representations with differing levels of dedication and viewpoints.

There is nothing specific about it.

judas
26-03-2010, 07:55 PM

Ok Ok. Attack was strong.

Can I replace that with criticism.

hibsbollah
26-03-2010, 08:20 PM

I thought you were being sarcastic here:confused:

The rule of the mob is at work on messageboards. Theres nothing wrong with them (ive got 3000+ posts on a few:greengrin), but they promote hysterical reactions from normally right-minded people.

matty_f
26-03-2010, 08:25 PM

The rule of the mob is at work on messageboards. Theres nothing wrong with them (ive got 3000+ posts on a few:greengrin), but they promote hysterical reactions from normally right-minded people.

God knows why Yogi would want to take any notice of a bunch of hysteria-merchants, wind up merchants, and undercover Yams!:greengrin

dawn
26-03-2010, 08:27 PM

NO THEY DINNAE:grr::dummytit::blah::hmmm::jamboid::take that:panic:

judas
26-03-2010, 08:58 PM

Not at all. They are one, ofcourse they are.

We are not a mob. We are a football support expressing our views.

Hibs net is far more constructive medium the terracing, where the ones who are heard the most are the loud empty vessels with the missing teeth.

hibsbollah
26-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Not at all. They are one, ofcourse they are.

We are not a mob. We are a football support expressing our views.

Hibs net is far more constructive medium the terracing, where the ones who are heard the most are the loud empty vessels with the missing teeth.

I hear much more sense on the terracing than on here, to be honest. Messageboards promote 'detached debate', where you can have all of the passion of argument without the calming and civilising influence of actually dealing with another human being face to face. The pressure is on to be confrontational, to find the extreme point of view.

When you're dealing with a long-suffering support like ours, that have been let down more often than John Terry's trousers, this is even more the case.

judas
26-03-2010, 09:39 PM
I hear much more sense on the terracing than on here, to be honest. Messageboards promote 'detached debate', where you can have all of the passion of argument without the calming and civilising influence of actually dealing with another human being face to face. The pressure is on to be confrontational, to find the extreme point of view.

When you're dealing with a long-suffering support like ours, that have been let down more often than John Terry's trousers, this is even more the case.

You have a point.

Nevertheless, these are the views of Hibs fans, for better or worse. They should not be dissed by the management of the football club in a general manner.

Anyway, great name you have. Best one by far.

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 09:57 PM
FFS!!!!!!!!!!

PLS SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME ...

a) Is Yogi quoting Uncle Walter because he agrees with Uncle Walter's comment

b) Yogi quotes Uncle Walter because he disagrees with Uncle Walter's comment

c) Yogi quotes Uncle Walter because he's a bit of a shabby laszlo, and lies to talk irrelevant p!sh, so long as he can hear his own voice.

Now, I think it's probably a), or maybe c) ... but IN NO WAY is it b).

So stop defending this quote, saying Yogi isn't being disrespectful to Hibs fans with a view, because it's just a quote.

He's quoted it for a reason; the reason is he thinks, in general, the fans' opinion is worthless.

We have a winner :agree:

The_Todd
26-03-2010, 10:53 PM
http://demotivatorsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/06-448899149.jpg

GreenBlade
26-03-2010, 11:02 PM
You have a point.

Nevertheless, these are the views of Hibs fans, for better or worse. They should not be dissed by the management of the football club in a general manner.

Anyway, great name you have. Best one by far.

Guys, guys, get a room!!! :bitchy:

Bostonhibby
26-03-2010, 11:06 PM
I am 100% behind the man, the rebuilding probably has until after the next transfer window at least to go, but if you are in the middle of striving for the prize probably best to take criticism on the chin, stay focussed on what you say you are trying to do, and lay of criticising the fans, whatever their shape or form, we generally are only motivated by the belief that to say nothing at times like this means what we are seeing is acceptable, and thats for down gorgie way.

Never a good sign for the manager to be attacking fans however they choose to express genuinely held views and many of those on message boards attend the games, buy the merchandise or hold the shares. If they were to throw the doors open at ER (not that I believe we are anywhere near that stage) to talk about where we are today I think the same message boarders that are being criticised here would be just as comfortable talking to Yogi face to face, thus negating the point of the quote / soundbite, if true.

Captain Trips
27-03-2010, 12:32 AM
I think all the players and Yogi read this site, would you look at messageboards that discussed you?

So when is the right time to say stuff, not at game as that is deemed unconstructive to the players, and on here its faceless so where is the medium for it? We not allowed too?

IMO he mentioned Smiths remarks as agreed with it, i,ll happily face him and say IMO he got the Jan window signings wrong.

Baldy Foghorn
27-03-2010, 09:51 AM
I would happily meet Yogi too, to discuss lack of tactics, poor substitutions, general lack of a plan B when things go wrong....

Just another situation of stubborness, when Yogi refuses to respect supporters forums, most of whom have seen the relevant performances and are entitled to air their views?

matty_f
27-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I would happily meet Yogi too, to discuss lack of tactics, poor substitutions, general lack of a plan B when things go wrong....

Just another situation of stubborness, when Yogi refuses to respect supporters forums, most of whom have seen the relevant performances and are entitled to air their views?

I dunno if it's so much as a lack of respect but more of an acknowledgement that they (the forums) are not to be taken that seriously. He's got a point, too - how many times have folk come on here with pish rumours/tales etc and folk take them as read?

Last night somebody was having a go at Yogi for not telling players who was playing until 20 mins before kick off. Complete bollocks!

Then you've stories about players drinking and all of a sudden they've gone on some huge session and folk get all uppity about it without having the faintest idea of how much is true and how much is bollocks.

If I was a manager I'd have a look at the forums and that but I wouldn't be taking any of it seriously.

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I dunno if it's so much as a lack of respect but more of an acknowledgement that they (the forums) are not to be taken that seriously. He's got a point, too - how many times have folk come on here with pish rumours/tales etc and folk take them as read?

Last night somebody was having a go at Yogi for not telling players who was playing until 20 mins before kick off. Complete bollocks!

Then you've stories about players drinking and all of a sudden they've gone on some huge session and folk get all uppity about it without having the faintest idea of how much is true and how much is bollocks.

If I was a manager I'd have a look at the forums and that but I wouldn't be taking any of it seriously.

Most of what is written on here is knee jerk stuff. The forum is a graphic record of how fickle fans can be.

Alex Miller said that the teams that fans pick never get beaten. That's because they never play.

As you rightly point out, a lot of our discussions are based on pure speculation and rumour. Unless we are in the dressing room we don't know what's going on.

We can criticise what we see on the day, we can respond to statements in the media, but we shouldn't kid ourselves we know more about managing a football team than Yogi.

basehibby
27-03-2010, 10:24 AM

You're awful touchy aren't you?

All he said was that he doesn't read message boards (nothing specific about .net) and refered to Smith's "faceless wonders" quote which is a perfectly valid point of view. If players and managers paid too much attention to some of the reactionary garbage that gets posted on message boards they'd never leave the *****g hoose let alone take the field of play in front of an audience of thousands.
With a skin as thin as yours you wouldn't last 2 seconds in Yogi's shoes.

matty_f
27-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Most of what is written on here is knee jerk stuff. The forum is a graphic record of how fickle fans can be.

Alex Miller said that the teams that fans pick never get beaten. That's because they never play.

As you rightly point out, a lot of our discussions are based on pure speculation and rumour. Unless we are in the dressing room we don't know what's going on.

We can criticise what we see on the day, we can respond to statements in the media, but we shouldn't kid ourselves we know more about managing a football team than Yogi.

I'd agree with all of that.

Alfred E Newman
27-03-2010, 11:00 AM
By and large we all want what is best for the Club we care so much about.
Most of us were on here spouting pish long before Yogi and the current crop of players were here and will still be here long after they are all gone .
As has been said already, a lot of the stuff posted on here is knee jerk and garbage at times but it still gives a general picture of how the supporters are feeling.
After all, the supporters are the Club and without the supporters the Club is nothing.

lapsedhibee
27-03-2010, 11:07 AM

We should stick to proper scientific analysis of known facts.
Such as, what exact proportion of the management and players' weekly wage do each of us pay - depending on whether we pay their wages by ST, with or without cup top-up, walk-up, gloryhunter trip to Hampden once every decade, occasional scarf for the bairn oot the club shop, etc etc.

The people here that are found to pay the highest proportion of wages at the club should be declared uberfans and untouchable, next highest should be made admins/pricks forthwith, and the people that pay the lowest proportions should be declared yam fuds or relegated to the most unpopular cliques in the PM area, with varying degrees of status in between.

That's what a proper messageboard should be about. None of this wild speculation and that.

HELMIE-HIBEE
27-03-2010, 11:28 AM
:no way::no way: DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT IS PRINTED IN THE PRESS!!! -- ESPECIALLY NOT THE GLASGOW PRESS,.... DO YOU'S NOT THINK THEY WOULD BE TOTALLY DELIGHTED TO TWIST THE KNIFE EVEN FURTHER AND UNSETTLE OUR CAMP EVEN MORE, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE "GIANTS" OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL ARE CRUMBLING.
AFTER ALL THEY DONT HAVE MOWBRY TO HARASS ANYMORE .

:notworthy:AND ONWARD AND UPWARD.

Captain Trips
27-03-2010, 11:42 AM
:no way::no way: DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT IS PRINTED IN THE PRESS!!! -- ESPECIALLY NOT THE GLASGOW PRESS,.... DO YOU'S NOT THINK THEY WOULD BE TOTALLY DELIGHTED TO TWIST THE KNIFE EVEN FURTHER AND UNSETTLE OUR CAMP EVEN MORE, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE "GIANTS" OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL ARE CRUMBLING.

Cant agree with that, we managed to remove ourselves as a threat weeks ago, if what you say is true they would be better having a go at Dundee Utd or Motherwell managers.

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2010, 11:53 AM
By and large we all want what is best for the Club we care so much about.
Most of us were on here spouting pish long before Yogi and the current crop of players were here and will still be here long after they are all gone .
As has been said already, a lot of the stuff posted on here is knee jerk and garbage at times but it still gives a general picture of how the supporters are feeling.
After all, the supporters are the Club and without the supporters the Club is nothing.

I think spouting pish is something we are entitled to do. As long as we don't end up believing we run the club, like some people think.

The other thing is to keep it all in perspective. It's only entertainment, there are a lot worse things that happen to people than their football team getting beaten.

I think the weegie press are only really interested in big teams. Now that Mogga is away they will turn to their default choice, the team that everyone hates, the West Edinburgh giants.