PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Year - Writer and PFA

The Sea-gull
26-03-2010, 09:32 AM
When are these being announced?

Have we not normally had at least the nominees by now?

It will be heavily dominated by Huns players and rightly so as they have done well but I cannot think of one Celtic player who deserves to be short-listed but they will shortlist at least one Celtic player otherwise there would be an uproar.

Personally I think the nominees will be Davis, Boyd, Miller, Andy Webster plus some token gesture Celtic player.

Young player nominees will probably be David Goodwillie, Danny Wilson of Rangers, Stokes plus at least one Motherwell boy.

archiebald
26-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Hibs player of the year on Sunday in the Hibs Club that should be interesting ! :confused:

Bayern Bru
26-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Hibs player of the year on Sunday in the Hibs Club that should be interesting ! :confused:

Has to be Ian Murray :agree:

Hibs On Tour
26-03-2010, 03:19 PM

It will be heavily dominated by Huns players and rightly so as they have done well but I cannot think of one Celtic player who deserves to be short-listed but they will shortlist at least one Celtic player otherwise there would be an uproar.

Personally I think the nominees will be Davis, Boyd, Miller, Andy Webster plus some token gesture Celtic player.

Young player nominees will probably be David Goodwillie, Danny Wilson of Rangers, Stokes plus at least one Motherwell boy.

Spoony by a distance for me...

Can see possibly Weir getting it for Rangers... you know how these things work!

RoslinInstHibby
26-03-2010, 04:16 PM
stokes will get young player of the year:agree:

Long suffering
26-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Yep Ian Murray for me

noseyhibby
26-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Has to be Ian Murray :agree:

A agree. It's Ian Murray for me. Mr consistent and Mr Hibs. Never a shirker. Stokes runner up and wotherspoon 3rd for breaking through.

Diclonius
26-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Murray, Stokes or McBride.

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Ian Murray.

CraigK
27-03-2010, 12:51 PM
I had a dream last night that Nish was voted as the SPFA player of the year.

johnrebus
27-03-2010, 01:42 PM

Not having a dig my friend, but why " rightly so?"

The Huns have 50,000 glory seekers at every home game , are followed by half the population of Scotland, courted and feted by the media and pay their players up to ten times what any other club - apart from Celtic - can afford to pay.

Under these circumstances, what exactly is praiseworthy about winning the SPL?

If talent and hard work were really to be awarded in Scottish Football, I would say that someone like Alan Maitland ( not a player obviously ) , the manager of Alloa Athletic, a part time club who exist on crowds of 500 if the're lucky, but are on the verge of competing in the First Division next season.

I would call that an achievment.

:agree:

dawn
27-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I had a dream last night that Nish was voted as the SPFA player of the year.

I had a dream last night that; I was in a car, driving up ferry Road. The car stops to pick up Yogi, who is wearing two different tanned coloured shoes! As we resume the journey I realise it Craig Levin driving! All of a sudden a red squirrel is running along side the car, and I go on a rant about how very rare it is, when it makes a tremendous leap over the car and onto the roof of a house. Then I woke up! WTF:confused:

Ian Murry for me, I just love the guys commitment and effort.