PDA

View Full Version : If Yogi has lost the dressing room !

Sunny1875
26-03-2010, 06:23 AM
If yogi has lost the dressing room, he is not the first manager at our club in recent times to do so. So who are the players who are currently being allowed to disrupt the harmony, how was this allowed to develop. Are these players bigger than the club, Your Club My Club. Personally I feel that if there are players who are disrupting the team then I would rather see them elsewhere.
The players who are allegedly taking sides against the incumbent Hibs manager should not be here next season. I have read posts on who would you keep, Well personally I would rather see a squad who would appreciate how big a club Hibernian is, Yes I want talent, Yes I want flair, FFS I want the Scottish cup. But if there is disruption behind the scenes we will struggle to win games never mind anything of substance. So if it was revealed that one of our current 'stars' was the instigator of more than one manager losing the dressing room. Who would you rather see move on ?. Which manager within our budget would be strong enough to stand up to a squad that has effectively run the previous two/three managers out of town ( suggestions on the back of a beer mat please). Or perhaps we should promote one of the players any suggestions on who would be more qualified than Yogi to take on a Job as big as Hibs.

If those on the park, as well as those in the dressing room and ultimately the boardroom remembered that they are only temporary custodians of the club that has been in our family for over a hundred years. From the top down all I have to say to those involved is if your not there to help us forward then step aside and allow someone in who is.

bighairyfaeleith
26-03-2010, 07:38 AM
I said this when it happened under JC, no player is bigger than the manger. The manager has the final say and thats the way it should be. Otherwise players will just run riot. Lets be honest players are not as a rule the smartest bunch of individuals around, it would be like allowing toddlers to run the playschool.

However, at this time we don't really know thats the case. Every team that has a prolonged dip in form will have some infighting and in some ways that can be good. Helps to clear the air and shows some passion. Lets just hope that shows on the pitch on saturday.

Anyone know where yogi will be sitting on saturday so I can book my seat :devil:

Judas Iscariot
26-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Source?

Has there been any indication this is the case?

marinello59
26-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Source?

Has there been any indication this is the case?

Exactly. No evidence at all that this is the case.

Craig_in_Prague
26-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Exactly. No evidence at all that this is the case.

Other than abysmal performances for months.

I wouldn't like to think Yogi is the type to lose the dressing room, but it wouldn't surprise me either if some players are now sick of the formation, earlier in the season it worked, but it hasn't since November.
Like under mixu, more often than not we give up the midfield, we have not enough width, we have full backs exposed and we have strikers now starved of any decent service.
We can slate the players for being spinless, gutless, whatever..... But it really wouldn't surprise me if the formation alone, is causing unrest.

Stokes clearly was shouting at Yogi during the derby.
He's usually isolated, yet expected to run about like a madman for 90mins + win us games with no service.
Deek used to play left forward in the past, but FFS he had Brown, Thomson, Stewart, Boozy etc all behind him.. As well as Murphy.... and he was a left forward, not LM.

I believe Yogi spoke to the players prior to going to Ibrox (when we drew 1-1) and the players wanted to keep the formation they were playing.
I'd be interested to hear what they said these days!

marinello59
26-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Other than abysmal performances for months.

!

Which a lot of posters are putting down to him being too close to the players and spending more time being one of the boys than laying down the law. :greengrin

It's all speculation, we don't know. After several pages of this thread though it will be FACT for some.

Eaststand
26-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Which a lot of posters are putting down to him being too close to the players and spending more time being one of the boys than laying down the law. :greengrin

It's all speculation, we don't know. After several pages of this thread though it will be FACT for some.

I've no insider knowledge or anything like that, but I am wondering if there are some players who are at it behind the scenes, and maybe are disruptive influences...that type of thing often happens at clubs when there's been a change of manager, so it's not unheard of.
IF there are disrupting influences at it, hopefully Yogi can get them out of the club asap, and even if they turn out to be fans favourites, the sooner they get cleared out the better.

I've got a suggestion - Hows about the Administrators of this site asking Yogi to reply to maybe 10-15 questions about our present problems, and the questions and replies to be shown on this forum, and maybe the dressingroom question could be one of the question...aye/naw ?

GGTTH

RIP
26-03-2010, 09:13 AM
It's been alleged there's a few passengers in the squad right now - players who are not giving their all every match

Nothing worse for the overall morale of the team than carrying passengers

Like playing one or two men down

For all the ills of the squad under the last 4 managers we always seem to go through bad periods, particularly from January onwards

I often worry about the work ethic at the club - whay was it that Mowbray and Collins made psychology and player culture their main focus I wonder?

Is there a systemic problem that no manager appears able to correct?

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 09:17 AM
If I make a post saying that Yogi has been enjoying Ugandan relations with several players wives, is there a chance that people will realise that without any facts, this entire thread is empty speculation?

How he has lost the dressing room could be down to so many things. In the absence of a Mikey "Weasel" Stewart approach to the press, anything we discuss is down to pure conjecture.

This should really be discussed in Greggs IMO.

Eaststand
26-03-2010, 09:23 AM
If I make a post saying that Yogi has been enjoying Ugandan relations with several players wives, is there a chance that people will realise that without any facts, this entire thread is empty speculation?

How he has lost the dressing room could be down to so many things. In the absence of a Mikey "Weasel" Stewart approach to the press, anything we discuss is down to pure conjecture.

This should really be discussed in Greggs IMO.

I reckon it would be worth a sensible set of questions being put by the administrators of this site to our manager to see if that will help to nip any daft rumours in the bud. Chatting in Greggs aint my style, so I'll just leave that to the folks that do that

GGTTH

Aldo
26-03-2010, 09:31 AM
I have a question.

Would this question be posted if we had not been on this BAD run and still in the cup.

Answer :- NO

Yes I am disappointed that we are in a slump/rut but we need to try and stay positive and hope we can turn it round and finish in the top 4.

Next season for me will be harder for Hughes because of the expectations of this season. I can only hope he gets rid of the bottle merchants and build a team around the guys who want it more than ever and when they pull on that jersey they will give their all for the cause.

I for one will be glad to see the end of the season and hope Hughes can attract some decent players to the club who show the right attributes and attitude to take the club forward.

Remember ROME wasnt built in a day.

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I reckon it would be worth a sensible set of questions being put by the administrators of this site to our manager to see if that will help to nip any daft rumours in the bud. Chatting in Greggs aint my style, so I'll just leave that to the folks that do that

GGTTH

Good idea on the direct questions to the manager, but I don't think that would stop the specualtion. If anything it would lead to a feeding frenzy as people pick his statements to bits and try to see hidden meanings.

That said, I know that someone on the PM board will be putting questions to Yogi on Sunday. I'm not trying to sell membership - and I can't guarantee he isn't meeting Yogi at Greggs, but at £10 it might be worth people's while registering. Not only do you get access to a higher quality Steak Bake, you will be helping keep the site going.

stubru59
26-03-2010, 09:38 AM
One of the problems when results don't go your way is that it increases the number of players/coaches/fans looking for a scapegoat.

In terms of changing things only the coaches/players can do that. If the coaches continue to believe - against all the evidence - that a three man midfield is the way to win games then that clearly is a problem.

If players continue to be out-fought and out-thought in the course of a game, then that too is a problem. For starters, we have problems in terms of formation/attitude and the deployment of an alternative plan when things don't quite work out.

We fans can argue the toss on this or that, but ultimately only the coaches/players can turn things round. The alternative needs no stating.

Eaststand
26-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Good idea on the direct questions to the manager, but I don't think that would stop the specualtion. If anything it would lead to a feeding frenzy as people pick his statements to bits and try to see hidden meanings.

That said, I know that someone on the PM board will be putting questions to Yogi on Sunday. I'm not trying to sell membership - and I can't guarantee he isn't meeting Yogi at Greggs, but at £10 it might be worth people's while registering. Not only do you get access to a higher quality Steak Bake, you will be helping keep the site going.

You're right about the possibility of folks picking away at his statements, and read between lines etc, BUT that already happens to any of his press statements, and thats why I'd hope that the folks that run this site can only put sensible questions that would have equally sensible replies.

Yogi answers questions that are put to him by journalists from the local and national press, so surely replying to a few questions put to him by representives of his own fans would help to clarify a few items ?

emm whats the PM board, and what questions will they be putting to Yogi on Sunday ?

GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 10:00 AM
You're right about the possibility of folks picking away at his statements, and read between lines etc, BUT that already happens to any of his press statements, and thats why I'd hope that the folks that run this site can only put sensible questions that would have equally sensible replies.

Yogi answers questions that are put to him by journalists from the local and national press, so surely replying to a few questions put to him by representives of his own fans would help to clarify a few items ?

emm whats the PM board, and what questions will they be putting to Yogi on Sunday ?

GGTTH

The Private Member's board mate. Obviously you'll have to sign up to find out what questions are being asked.:wink:

lapsedhibee
26-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Are the players bigger than the club?

A hard question to answer.
We are the wee team.
Our mittlefielders are midgets.
:hmmm:

Keith_M
26-03-2010, 10:15 AM
If Yogi has lost the dressing room...

Go into the West Stand through the main entrance, carry on straight ahead till your almost at the player's tunnel and it's on the left hand side.

:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 10:25 AM
If Yogi has lost the dressing room...

Go into the West Stand through the main entrance, carry on straight ahead till your almost at the player's tunnel and it's on the left hand side.

:wink:

:faf:

CB_NO3
26-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I have a feeling Yogi is on the verge of loosing the dressing room, I have been watching closely the way he screams at Stokes giving him it tight big time. Stokes stormed off on Tuesday throwing something at the dug out. Now I feel sorry for Stokes, the guy is playing upfront on his own, and the team aint creating chances, all we are doing is the lumping the ball up to him.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2010, 12:39 PM
It's been alleged there's a few passengers in the squad right now - players who are not giving their all every match

Nothing worse for the overall morale of the team than carrying passengers

Like playing one or two men down

For all the ills of the squad under the last 4 managers we always seem to go through bad periods, particularly from January onwards

I often worry about the work ethic at the club - whay was it that Mowbray and Collins made psychology and player culture their main focus I wonder?

Is there a systemic problem that no manager appears able to correct?

Who are these players?

Chris1
26-03-2010, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo the Hibby;2403962]I have a question.

Would this question be posted if we had not been on this BAD run and still in the cup.

Answer :- NO
QUOTE]

No your absolutely right, and if my aunitie was a man she would be my uncle......however she is not ...and we ARE on a terrible run at the minute and out of the cup......so i see what you are saying but the point with the OP is what has caused such a dramatic reversal in form....scare-mongering about dressing room revolts is a bit premature in my opinion but there appears to be something causing the recent 'issues', and as can be expected fans will start to draw their own conculsions....

On a positive note, heres hoping for a result on saturday... i still believe we are a scrappy, horrible, 1 goal bundled over the line off nish's arse win from getting some sort of form back...which will be required going into the DU match.....fingers and toes crossed

Speedway
26-03-2010, 01:27 PM
We're wading knee deep in raphael on here this week.

How come every Hibs manager 'loses the dressing room'? In that case, let's set fire to the dressing room and get a new one.

By this logic, every team that has some decent results followed by a run of poor results has a manager who has 'lost the dressing room' and therefore the only way they can start winning again is by sacking the manager.

Have a day off.

Eaststand
26-03-2010, 01:47 PM
The Private Member's board mate. Obviously you'll have to sign up to find out what questions are being asked.:wink:

Ta for that info FR and I'll take look at that ...I'm fairly new to this website and I actually thought that private members setup was just for the folks who ran this website or something along those lines

GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Ta for that info FR and I'll take look at that ...I'm fairly new to this website and I actually thought that private members setup was just for the folks who ran this website or something along those lines

GGTTH

I didn't say it was any good in there remember.:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 02:24 PM

How come every Hibs manager 'loses the dressing room'? In that case, let's set fire to the dressing room and get a new one.

By this logic, every team that has some decent results followed by a run of poor results has a manager who has 'lost the dressing room' and therefore the only way they can start winning again is by sacking the manager.

Have a day off.

I've always understood the term to mean the players stop listening to the manager. Lets be honest, no manager would tell his players to perform the way Hibs are at the moment.

monktonharp
26-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Have a day off. I would suggest that Hibs.net has a fortnight off.it's getting very depressing,a bit like a dressing room bust up.:yawn: maybe it's me that needs a lie doon.:yawn:

Kato
26-03-2010, 04:00 PM
If yogi has lost the dressing room, he is not the first manager at our club in recent times to do so. So who are the players who are currently being allowed to disrupt the harmony, how was this allowed to develop. Are these players bigger than the club, Your Club My Club. Personally I feel that if there are players who are disrupting the team then I would rather see them elsewhere.
The players who are allegedly taking sides against the incumbent Hibs manager should not be here next season. I have read posts on who would you keep, Well personally I would rather see a squad who would appreciate how big a club Hibernian is, Yes I want talent, Yes I want flair, FFS I want the Scottish cup. But if there is disruption behind the scenes we will struggle to win games never mind anything of substance. So if it was revealed that one of our current 'stars' was the instigator of more than one manager losing the dressing room. Who would you rather see move on ?. Which manager within our budget would be strong enough to stand up to a squad that has effectively run the previous two/three managers out of town ( suggestions on the back of a beer mat please). Or perhaps we should promote one of the players any suggestions on who would be more qualified than Yogi to take on a Job as big as Hibs.

If those on the park, as well as those in the dressing room and ultimately the boardroom remembered that they are only temporary custodians of the club that has been in our family for over a hundred years. From the top down all I have to say to those involved is if your not there to help us forward then step aside and allow someone in who is.

If