PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket Prices

DH1875
25-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Couldn't believe the cost of a season ticket for next season in the East. Even half the English prem are cheaper.

Antifa Hibs
25-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Sunderlands cheaper at £380, now i know they have other revenue means yadda yadda but that is 100% mental!

Easter Road's finished anyway, East stand prices are a joke and they are offering kids ST and family deals.

Rugby Park will be more atmospheric next season!

Bishop Hibee
25-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Sunderlands cheaper at £380, now i know they have other revenue means yadda yadda but that is 100% mental!

Easter Road's finished anyway, East stand prices are a joke and they are offering kids ST and family deals.

Yeah but most of Sunderlands fans live in County Durham so deserve a relatively cheap ST :wink:

I don't think the family/kids thing will be much of an issue as I suspect that anyone with "sensitive" family members will stick to the FF or West.

More of an issue will be a 6,500 seater stand half full with fans not allowed to stand. It'll be a challenge to create an atmosphere but lets hope displays on the pitch help.

Yours in blind optimism.

Keith_M
26-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Sunderlands cheaper at £380,

Equivalent seating to the East Stand, i.e. along the side of the pitch, is £460(wing) & £495(centre) at Sunderland, so it actually is a bit more expensive than £405 (or £380 for a renewal). Though for the level of football it's surprisingly close.

Behind the goals is roughly the same price as ER.

Although you'd like to discount the TV money, it must make quite a difference to how much that subsidises the price of tickets in England.

bobbyhibs1983
26-03-2010, 12:33 PM
im sure there were a few threads about the st's and st's prices recently and the fans debating if they will or wont buy them next season.Because of money issues and how badly we played last season my brother,sister and i decided not to get our st's this season and had hoped to save up for them for next season but due to my sis losing her job ,my brother not working, and I with little money, we simply cannot afford it.Im sure some fans will be in the same boat but i still reckon most fans will renew.9-10k st's next season

marinello59
26-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Couldn't believe the cost of a season ticket for next season in the East. Even half the English prem are cheaper.

Go on then, post up the prices for us to see.

marinello59
26-03-2010, 12:37 PM

Prices are a joke but offering cheaper ticket deals is a bad thing. Make your mind up.

Antifa Hibs
26-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Sunderland offer cheaper tickets, Everton have a few cheaper ST's than us and a Man Utd season ticket works out at £26 per game, so around £7 more than us per game, but that includes Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea etc etc.

And offering kids and family deal tickets in the south end of the East is a joke IMO, everyone I spoke to at Dingwall agree'd, even those who have bairns, even those that don't sit/stand in the East. Will ruin any atmosphere that is left completely IMO.

marinello59
26-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Sunderland offer cheaper tickets, Everton have a few cheaper ST's than us and a Man Utd season ticket works out at £26 per game, so around £7 more than us per game, but that includes Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea etc etc.

And offering kids and family deal tickets in the south end of the East is a joke IMO, everyone I spoke to at Dingwall agree'd, even those who have bairns, even those that don't sit/stand in the East. Will ruin any atmosphere that is left completely IMO.

And prices for equivalent seats in similar areas of the ground with a similar view?

I still don't see how you can complain about pricing then criticise the club for making it cheaper for people to get in. Perhaps you should call for cheaper pricing but only for those groups that you personally approve of.:devil:

Antifa Hibs
26-03-2010, 01:23 PM
And prices for equivalent seats in similar areas of the ground with a similar view?

I still don't see how you can complain about pricing then criticise the club for making it cheaper for people to get in. Perhaps you should call for cheaper pricing but only for those groups that you personally approve of.:devil:

Man Utd, yes, Stretford End and K Stand £500 (Works out around 27 quid a game). Sunderland, almost the same view, £380 for the corners unrestricted view, little difference to sitting at the end of the side stand or the end block of behind the goals.

I'm very happy for Hibs to offer cheap kids tickets and deals for families, I just would've like them not to do it for the south end of the East, adult and oap/student concessions, like what the done with the terracing, offer those deals everywhere else.

marinello59
26-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Man Utd, yes, Stretford End and K Stand £500 (Works out around 27 quid a game). Sunderland, almost the same view, £380 for the corners unrestricted view, little difference to sitting at the end of the side stand or the end block of behind the goals.

I'm very happy for Hibs to offer cheap kids tickets and deals for families, I just would've like them not to do it for the south end of the East, adult and oap/student concessions, like what the done with the terracing, offer those deals everywhere else.

And another poster has said on this thread that its £460 for the wings and £495 for the centre for the equivalent postion to the East stand.

As for offering family deals in the West the club have a lot more seats to fill in there than previously. Would you rather that they were left empty than let families in to fill them? Wasn't there already families in the East previously? Pretty sure that there was but they would have been paying full whack.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Equivalent seating to the East Stand, i.e. along the side of the pitch, is £460(wing) & £495(centre) at Sunderland, so it actually is a bit more expensive than £405 (or £380 for a renewal). Though for the level of football it's surprisingly close.

Behind the goals is roughly the same price as ER.

Although you'd like to discount the TV money, it must make quite a difference to how much that subsidises the price of tickets in England.I'm sure I paid £415 for a ST in the West Stand the first season after it opened. :boo hoo:

steviecarnie
26-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Man Utd, yes, Stretford End and K Stand £500 (Works out around 27 quid a game).

Cheapest United ticket is £513 (lower stretford end/east behind goals) and goes right up to £930 (South and North).

darwenhibby
26-03-2010, 02:01 PM
My season tickets at Man Utd are £685 each on the back row of the Upper Tier East Stand.

Can get straight out and home in time to watch Hibs on ALBA when they are on.

MB62
26-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Bottom line is, if the product on the park is good enough to watch, fans will pay the price to watch it. If, like the present situation, it is dire, then prices become a big issue.

Lofarl
26-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Theres plenty of bairns in the east already. Hell I loved going into the east as a laddie with my dad. I could swear my head off and get away with it.

I doubt the east is going to turn into the sweetie munching sit doon brigade.

bubblesmorrison
26-03-2010, 02:17 PM
the thing that dose my head in is someone who has sat in the east for a year(this could be his only year watching hibs ever) is getting a cheaper season ticket than someone who wants to move seat may already be a season ticket holder in another part of the stand and ive followed hibs for ever :confused:

PaulSmith
26-03-2010, 02:42 PM
the thing that dose my head in is someone who has sat in the east for a year(this could be his only year watching hibs ever) is getting a cheaper season ticket than someone who wants to move seat may already be a season ticket holder in another part of the stand and ive followed hibs for ever :confused:

It's to keep folk like Anifa Hibs happy as the East was their special place and only they are allowed to sit in their cause they've always done that and its just no fair that they might need to share it with some fellow Hibs fans who might spoil their party atmosphere.

Honestly, once again only Hibs fans on Hibs.net could turn a positive of having the best and most modern facilities in Scotland into some form of negative against the club.

"I'm no goin back cause they'll be some kids in ma Stand" FFS!!

Oh aye and it's £380 for existing East Stand ST holders, right that's £20 a game if we get 19 home league games.The price that most would say is acceptable is it not?

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-03-2010, 07:10 PM
The tiniest little bit of common sense from Hibs would be to say 'family seats available from Famous 5 end of the stand up to halfway line' 'from halway to south stand, no family seats' Can anyone explain what the problem with that would be?!?! Yes there were kids in the old east but they were situated towards the FF end. Having families sitting at the South end could lead to trouble imo. Me and my mates traded in our usual east ST seats for a seat in the west for the Irvine Meadows game(fancied a steak baguette and a different view for a wee change). Just before half time, two middle aged men 5 and 7 rows behind us jst about came to blows. One of the guys went absolutely radge at the other bcoz he kept swearing and his young girl was getting upset!!! 3 stewards had to come and intervene! It was absolutely pathetic! The guys poor daughter was 100 times more upset at her dad jst about starting a fight than she was originally! :confused: If some dad fancies reliving his youth and gettin tickets for him and his 3 kids right nxt to the south, howz he gonna react wen some absolute bam is jumping about in front of his kids screaming, at times, horrendous abuse!? Not saying its right that people should be restricted where they sit...it is however common sense. Also, its ****ing crucial if we want any form of atmosphere next season!!!

noseyhibby
26-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Oh aye and it's £380 for existing East Stand ST holders, right that's £20 a game if we get 19 home league games.The price that most would say is acceptable is it not?

I think £10 is pushing it for the product Hibs are selling. £20 will almost get me into the cinema 3 times.

DH1875
26-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Go on then, post up the prices for us to see.

Fact is you can get a ST for Everton, Villa, Sunderland, Bolton, Fulham, Burnley and Wigan for around about the same price if not cheaper.
Think Man City, Birmingham and Wolves are same price but that going by this seasons prices. Even the cheapest seats at Man Utd and Chelsea aren't that bad when you look at what they offer.

marinello59
26-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Fact is you can get a ST for Everton, Villa, Sunderland, Bolton, Fulham, Burnley and Wigan for around about the same price if not cheaper.
Think Man City, Birmingham and Wolves are same price but that going by this seasons prices. Even the cheapest seats at Man Utd and Chelsea aren't that bad when you look at what they offer.

Well post up the facts then. How about supplying the prices for seats situated in the same position as the East?