PDA

View Full Version : David Goodwillie

JCHibby
25-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Watched the game last night and was very impressed with the boy, him with Stokes would be a great front line. He is strong puts in some shift.. I know we dont need forwards however would ditch a few for him that is for sure.

I would prefer him than O'Connor also...

noseyhibby
25-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Watched the game last night and was very impressed with the boy, him with Stokes would be a great front line. He is strong puts in some shift.. I know we dont need forwards however would ditch a few for him that is for sure.

I agree he's a good player, but we already have good players. It's the collective mentality and lack of fight that is the issue at present. Besides which, we have no chance of getting him at this moment in time or soon.

Cocaine&Caviar
25-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Why on earth would Utd sell one of their only bright sparks for the future, to their biggest rivals?

Also, he wouldnt exactly help to subdue the party animals we have in the squad having already been arrested twice at the age of 21 for assault in nightclubs.

Furthermore, he's 5'9, and if we were to sign anyone to partner Stokes it should be a target man to bring him into play, if we are going to play a small guy next to him, Riordan every single day of the week.

Judas Iscariot
25-03-2010, 07:19 PM

Thankfully you don't decide who we sign..

Onceinawhile
25-03-2010, 07:21 PM
would prefer John Daly to him.

JCHibby
25-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Why on earth would Utd sell one of their only bright sparks for the future, to their biggest rivals?

Also, he wouldnt exactly help to subdue the party animals we have in the squad having already been arrested twice at the age of 21 for assault in nightclubs.

Furthermore, he's 5'9, and if we were to sign anyone to partner Stokes it should be a target man to bring him into play, if we are going to play a small guy next to him, Riordan every single day of the week.

Apologies, I was quoting about how well he played rather than any bid or transfer.

His work rate was top drawer and a few in our team could do with following his example. I take the point on his party animal image however, defo not something we need right now.

Deek great striker, however unless he sorts his attitude out will not cut it for much longer.

JCHibby
25-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Thankfully you don't decide who we sign..

True, I am guessing you would prefer O'Connor? If so surely have evidence for that? Sure he has played alot of football recently and has his best years ahead of him:wink:

Bostonhibby
25-03-2010, 08:36 PM

:agree: and hes in a better team with more chance of success, that will generate him a move elsewhere, maybe even to the hun, nowt wrong with a wee player if he is a good wee player.........

down the slope
25-03-2010, 08:47 PM
can he play centre half ?.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-03-2010, 09:51 PM
David SensationalWanger is a good player but he's not what we need. Neither could we get him either.

Sprouleflyer
25-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Always seems to score against us :boo hoo:

resident_Arab
25-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Always seems to score against us :boo hoo:

Thats true, became (the then) youngest SPL goalscorer 4 years ago at Easter Rd when 16, getting a consolation for Brewsters dreadful united side in a 3-1 defeat

Seems to have been round for ages, always had the talent, has grown and matured the last year and even when all strikers are fit, may end up being Sandaza/Goodwillie up front.

So hands aff :greengrin :wink:

brydekirk
25-03-2010, 10:31 PM

i am a hibee through and through, why would he want to come to hibs at this moment in time.:confused:

PeterboroHibee
25-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Really cant see why any of Uniteds players would want to come to Hibs. They have a pretty good team, look good for a cup and still in a good position for 3rd, and apart from the odd blip here and there have been pretty consistant for the last few years.

Apart from a possible slight increase in wages, more likely to take their careers further at United if they are in Europe next season and were at a club with some success.

Fwiw while slightly different players, Stokes is a much better striker than Goodwillie, so wouldnt say he would be the type we were really looking for.

Jonnyboy
25-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Thats true, became (the then) youngest SPL goalscorer 4 years ago at Easter Rd when 16, getting a consolation for Brewsters dreadful united side in a 3-1 defeat

Seems to have been round for ages, always had the talent, has grown and matured the last year and even when all strikers are fit, may end up being Sandaza/Goodwillie up front.

So hands aff :greengrin :wink:

Did he not go through a 'bertie big bollox' period about a year ago? Not that signing for Hibs would mean he felt lonely in that regard :greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Did he not go through a 'bertie big bollox' period about a year ago? Not that signing for Hibs would mean he felt lonely in that regard :greengrin

:agree: we've nae room for any more of them , even if DG happens to be a better class of Bertie Big Bollox. Mind you he might be learning quicker.......

HibbyAndy
26-03-2010, 10:39 PM

Has came on bigtime in the last 2 years :agree: BUT..Id take Daly before him and id take Garry O'connor before the pair of them.

Calvin
31-03-2010, 10:21 PM
I only made the second half tonight but thought he was brilliant. Quick, skilful and hungry.

greenlex
01-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Prefer John Daly to be honest

I'm_cabbaged
01-04-2010, 07:15 AM
can he play centre half ?.

No, but I bet Yogi could turn him into a hard working right midfielder, imagine the the goal scoring talent we could have helping out full backs deep in our own half, it's the way forward. :agree:

RMG_82
01-04-2010, 08:12 AM

Goodwillie??? The boys a mind cripple.

Stokes is pure teckle