PDA

View Full Version : 11 games isn't that long

Hibercelona
25-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Ok, 1 win in our last 11 is really poor.

But 11 games in managerial terms isnt very long.

I think we've seriously over hyped our players this season and they aren't as good as we all liked to think that they were.

I still think Yogi needs more time. Its only been 11 games (I know that seems like a long time to supporters) but it really isn't that much time.

I think a manager needs to be at a team for at least 2 seasons to show what he is truly capable of.

Please lads, lets give Yogi more time. I know we're all hurting so badly right now. But if we give up on Yogi now, we will end up getting another manager and as soon as he hits a bad patch, the same problem will occur all over again.

I honestly believe that if any side gives a manager enough time at their club, he will improve. It's just unfortuante that managers get chased out all too quickly.

lyonhibs
25-03-2010, 06:31 PM
11 games is long enough to see us get papped out of the Cup by a lower league team, long enough to see us be lucky to escape with only a 2-1 defeat at the hands of the most mediocre, injury ravaged Hearts team I can remember, and, more worringly, long enough to see the team as a unit lose all semblance of cohesion, spirit and desire. Individual players still turn in individual performances from time to time, but there seems to be a worrying malaise about the club right now, and that's spreading to the stands.

Look how many people were genuinely worried about our chances going into the replay, and look how right they were. Yogi can give off soundbites about "rediscovering passion, fire and heart" (or some variation thereof) until he's blue in the face, but until that actually happens on the pitch, it's just irritating column inches.

I'm not advocating that Yogi gets the sack, or anything like that, because short-termism is a major impediment to managers getting a decent chance.

That said, 11 games, and more pertinently 11 performances that range from the average to the downright grim, is plenty "long enough" for fans to expect to see a visible change in attitude and perfomances, and pronto at that.

Yogi will know all of the above, unless he's really taking the piss out of the fans with everything he says in the media, so I'm not excessively concerned.

Yet.

noseyhibby
25-03-2010, 06:53 PM
11 games is long enough to see us get papped out of the Cup by a lower league team, long enough to see us be lucky to escape with only a 2-1 defeat at the hands of the most mediocre, injury ravaged Hearts team I can remember, and, more worringly, long enough to see the team as a unit lose all semblance of cohesion, spirit and desire. Individual players still turn in individual performances from time to time, but there seems to be a worrying malaise about the club right now, and that's spreading to the stands.

Look how many people were genuinely worried about our chances going into the replay, and look how right they were. Yogi can give off soundbites about "rediscovering passion, fire and heart" (or some variation thereof) until he's blue in the face, but until that actually happens on the pitch, it's just irritating column inches.

I'm not advocating that Yogi gets the sack, or anything like that, because short-termism is a major impediment to managers getting a decent chance.

That said, 11 games, and more pertinently 11 performances that range from the average to the downright grim, is plenty "long enough" for fans to expect to see a visible change in attitude and perfomances, and pronto at that.

Yogi will know all of the above, unless he's really taking the piss out of the fans with everything he says in the media, so I'm not excessively concerned.

Yet.

Sound post:top marks

HFC 0-7
25-03-2010, 07:13 PM

I think we've seriously over hyped our players this season and they aren't as good as we all liked to think that they were.

I still think Yogi needs more time. Its only been 11 games (I know that seems like a long time to supporters) but it really isn't that much time.

I think a manager needs to be at a team for at least 2 seasons to show what he is truly capable of.

Please lads, lets give Yogi more time. I know we're all hurting so badly right now. But if we give up on Yogi now, we will end up getting another manager and as soon as he hits a bad patch, the same problem will occur all over again.

I honestly believe that if any side gives a manager enough time at their club, he will improve. It's just unfortuante that managers get chased out all too quickly.

Sorry but 11 games is very bad! If you look at current form (Last 6 league games) only Aberdeen have got less points. We have taken 4 points from the last 6 games, the teams we are fighting with for 3rd 4th are Motherwell (14 pts 2nd best current form), Hearts (12 points 3rd best current form) and Dundee Utd (10 points 4th best current form). If we want any sort of success at this club 4 points from 6 games is never acceptable let alone 1 win in 11. On top of this in the last 6 games, hibs have scored the least in the league with 4 goals and conceeded the most with 12 goals!

If you want success at a club you need ambition and you need to be strict when it comes to results. Saying that we are in transition is OK, but even in a stage of transition we should be doing better than the likes of kilmarnock, falkirk and st johnstone.

In regards to managers being chased out too quickly, its a tricky one. Keep a dud manager in to long and the next manager in needs time to empty all of the deadwood. Some may say this is what is happening with Yogi, however, Yogi has proved that the players can get results and play well, now it is turned on its head, we have better players than the mixu era but are playing the same if not worse!

crash
25-03-2010, 08:10 PM

I think you will find most people are not basing their opinions on the
last 11 games but on the last 9 months.
As there has been no significant improvement in performance during this time, allied to a failure to increase revenue income on the back of favourable cup draws and projected ST sales next season, then Hughes position must be under threat.

EasterRoad4Ever
25-03-2010, 08:13 PM

Yet.

Very well put :top marks

greenginger
25-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Not disagreeing with the posts but where does the 11 game run come from ?

Since the home wins against St Mirren and Montrose we have had 4 league defeats, 2 draws and 1 win plus 1 draw and 1 defeat in the Cup.I make that 9 still crap !!!!