PDA

View Full Version : mowbray left us too soon

AgentDaleCooper
25-03-2010, 03:14 PM
that's what i think anyway. he was all talk, trying to get players to commit long term but left a job unfinished, same again at west brom. now it's come home to roost, as he really wasn't ready to take that job.

trumpet.

Brooster
25-03-2010, 03:15 PM
He left us when we were 8th in the league more like.

jakedance
25-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I think his opinion that he took Hibs as far as he could was perhaps more about him than it was about the club.

He did a good job for us but left us in the lurch and I personally have no great sympathy that he has failed at Celtic (I'm not gloating about it either though).

AgentDaleCooper
25-03-2010, 03:33 PM
I think his opinion that he took Hibs as far as he could was perhaps more about him than it was about the club.

He did a good job for us but left us in the lurch and I personally have no great sympathy that he has failed at Celtic (I'm not gloating about it either though).

same here. he's a decent chap but he seems to just conceptualise everything back to suiting his own priorities (i.e. playing silky football no-matter what, and his career)

DC_Hibs
25-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Money isn't everything but after his pay off from Celtic and years down south since Hibs he is set up for life and will still find it fairly easy to get work as his reputation will still be fairly high.

Bet he's gutted he left Hibs............

ronaldo7
25-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Money isn't everything but after his pay off from Celtic and years down south since Hibs he is set up for life and will still find it fairly easy to get work as his reputation will still be fairly high.Bet he's gutted he left Hibs............

Don't think many teams are in need of his Defence coaching capabilities:bye:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-03-2010, 04:12 PM

Agree with all of that. Think Mowbray is a man in too much of a hurry.

jacomo
25-03-2010, 04:18 PM
He definitely left us too early.

Had he stayed to turn around that season (we were indeed toiling a bit when he went) he'd probably have learnt a few things, and be a better manager now as a result.

Hibercelona
25-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Mowbray..... hero to zero.

Had great respect for him while at Hibs. But the way he left us and his attitude at Celtc has left me with no respect for the man whatsoever.

GIRFUY Mowbray. :agree:

Andy74
25-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Potential EPL top 4 and future England manager at Hibs, now has a hell of a hill to climb to get his reputation back at any level.

--------
25-03-2010, 04:51 PM
He definitely left us too early.

Had he stayed to turn around that season (we were indeed toiling a bit when he went) he'd probably have learnt a few things, and be a better manager now as a result.

But we wouldn't have won the CIS?

IMO he left ahead of trouble he saw was coming - the KT/Brown affair, the loss of other players at the season's end, some barrack-room lawyers in the dressing-room....

Mowbray and Celtic can do as they wish. I'm more concerned with Hughes and Hibs right now. Where are WE going?

MussyHibby
25-03-2010, 04:57 PM

Had great respect for him while at Hibs. But the way he left us and his attitude at Celtc has left me with no respect for the man whatsoever.

Dear oh ****in dear you childish wee twat. Comments like that make ma blood boil! :bitchy:

Nameless
25-03-2010, 04:57 PM
As others have mentioned, Mowbrays antics since he went to Celtic have soured me on him somewhat. I always thought he was a decent enough fella, even after he ditched us for WBA, but since the post match "get it up ye" huddle at Easter Road, which was 2 fingers up to Hibs, I have been desperate to see him fail. You reap what you sow, and I am delighted to see him getting the boot, and on a personal level, I hope he is really really hurting right now, arrogant tube:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::tee hee::tee hee:

Nameless
25-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Dear oh ****in dear you childish wee twat. Comments like that make ma blood boil! :bitchy:

Give yourself a shake man. Take off the green tinted glasses for a second and you will realise Mowbray wasn't the great manager some like to paint him as. Under his stewardship we were hammered by the yams regularly, couldn't buy a win in the highlands and were humpty in the cups. We had a few notable wins against the infirm under him, and that is his only legacy:rolleyes:

MussyHibby
25-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Give yourself a shake man. Take off the green tinted glasses for a second and you will realise Mowbray wasn't the great manager some like to paint him as. Under his stewardship we were hammered by the yams regularly, couldn't buy a win in the highlands and were humpty in the cups. We had a few notable wins against the infirm under him, and that is his only legacy:rolleyes:

Yeah cool mate, you are entitled to your opinion but the venom on here imho is way ott! Typical hide behind the keyboard comments!

Nameless
25-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah cool mate, you are entitled to your opinion but the venom on here imho is way ott! Typical hide behind the keyboard comments!

As are you, but I didn't see anybody else calling a fellow hibby a twat:cool2:

Just Jimmy
25-03-2010, 05:08 PM

that and a traning complex, and the foundation of the East stand given he made the players we sold on for the big bucks.

he's not perfect, but hell, hes far from the devil incarnate he's often painted as on here.

MussyHibby
25-03-2010, 05:09 PM
As are you, but I didn't see anybody else calling a fellow hibby a twat:cool2:

Yeah fair point and probably out of order but do people really have to express themselves in that way to a guy who brought a fair amount of entertainment to ER. I respect peoples opinions but to be so nasty and venomous is bang wrong imho.

Nameless
25-03-2010, 05:11 PM
that and a traning complex, and the foundation of the East stand given he made the players we sold on for the big bucks.

he's not perfect, but hell, hes far from the devil incarnate he's often painted as on here.

I think the training complex would have come eventually, but possibly he speeded up the process, so I'll give you that one.

I certainly don't think he is the devil, and I thank him for the 3-0 double we did over the huns, but the mark of a man are his actions, and his are plain for all to see.

Nameless
25-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah fair point and probably out of order but do people really have to express themselves in that way to a guy who brought a fair amount of entertainment to ER. I respect peoples opinions but to be so nasty and venomous is bang wrong imho.

Fair point.

jacomo
25-03-2010, 06:43 PM

IMO he left ahead of trouble he saw was coming - the KT/Brown affair, the loss of other players at the season's end, some barrack-room lawyers in the dressing-room....

Mowbray and Celtic can do as they wish. I'm more concerned with Hughes and Hibs right now. Where are WE going?

No, probably not.

TBH I was thinking more of his own development... he joined Hibs as a promising coach, left after being headhunted and offered more money elsewhere - and now his career looks decidely mixed, to say the least.

Hibs was a good match for him, but he decided to move on at a time of his choosing.

Can't say I'm terribly upset by Mr Mowbray's next career move, mind.

.Sean.
25-03-2010, 06:45 PM

In one :applause:

The_Todd
25-03-2010, 06:56 PM

No, probably not.

Careful, now. You'll be shot down by those who claim John Collins, despite being our manager in the months leading up to the Cup win, had nothing to do whatsoever in the cup success. It was 100% entirely down to Saint Tony, and big bad JC was actually doing his best to sabotage the whole thing. I know this to be true, I read it on here.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-03-2010, 07:37 PM
:agree:

Storar
25-03-2010, 07:41 PM

he left us in September :confused:

Nakedmanoncrack
25-03-2010, 07:44 PM
he left us in September :confused:

October actually.:wink:

Bad Martini
25-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Careful, now. You'll be shot down by those who claim John Collins, despite being our manager in the months leading up to the Cup win, had nothing to do whatsoever in the cup success. It was 100% entirely down to Saint Tony, and big bad JC was actually doing his best to sabotage the whole thing. I know this to be true, I read it on here.

:thumbsup:

I like the cut of yer chib sir.

If anyone should be coming back to ER, its the mighty JC (last Hibs manager to win anything with the Cabbage) :cool2::lips seal:paranoid::whistle::offski:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42699000/jpg/_42699097_football_416.jpg

EasterRoad4Ever
25-03-2010, 07:52 PM
IMHO Mowbray is the perfect manager to bring through youngsters and coach young players - just like the teenagers he got at Hibs. His attitude, softly softly approach, and studious ways were perfect for those prepared to listen and learn. You don't get that with seasoned pros who have been around the block - it's a very different type of management style that's needed - and Mowbray aint got it.

I'd take him back in a moment, but he's outgrown Hibs like many of our ex-players, and will end up back in England probably in the Championship.

Meantime, Celtic have to unravel the crap players he's brought in over the last few months and that's gonna cost £££££.

Storar
25-03-2010, 08:15 PM
October actually.:wink:

ach well my point still stands, we were only about 6 or 7 games into the season so wouldnt look too much into the fact we were 8th

jacomo
25-03-2010, 11:03 PM

I think that tiresome argument is pretty much discredited these days, is it not? :cool2:

jacomo
25-03-2010, 11:04 PM
IMHO Mowbray is the perfect manager to bring through youngsters and coach young players - just like the teenagers he got at Hibs. His attitude, softly softly approach, and studious ways were perfect for those prepared to listen and learn. You don't get that with seasoned pros who have been around the block - it's a very different type of management style that's needed - and Mowbray aint got it.

I'd take him back in a moment, but he's outgrown Hibs like many of our ex-players, and will end up back in England probably in the Championship.

Meantime, Celtic have to unravel the crap players he's brought in over the last few months and that's gonna cost £££££.

Is Lawwell gonna have to take responsibility for Robbie Keane, though?

Franck is God
26-03-2010, 04:26 PM
His last game for us was an away defeat away to St Mirren too. He did a lot of good things as our manager but was not the all conquering management genius that some think.

Maybe he did leave too soon or maybe he jumped because he knew his value was falling and wasn't going to get a better offer? With the squad that was available to him during his time at ER you can argue that he hugely under achieved.

heretoday
26-03-2010, 04:45 PM
TM should never have left West Brom. He'd be on the brink of the Prem again if he'd stayed.

I said it at the time but did he listen? No, he didn't.

Where's he going to go now? Sheffield Wednesday?

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2010, 05:14 PM
TM should never have left West Brom. He'd be on the brink of the Prem again if he'd stayed.

I said it at the time but did he listen? No, he didn't.

Where's he going to go now? Sheffield Wednesday?
Burnley?