PDA

View Full Version : Dorman?

Mark79
25-03-2010, 01:29 PM
I know we have discussed him before but surely wouldn't cost that much in a transfer fee or wages. Showed again last night that he can score goals from midfield and has the height we badly need in midfield. Surely we could punt the likes of cregg and lewis and get someone on like him.

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Not for me, Dorman is similar to the type of players already at Hibs, ie he offers a bit going forward but doesn't contribute enough defensively, which can more than often counterbalance the forward play. Hibs need 2-3 "solid" types to balance out Riordan, Stokes, Miller and so on.

Where would he play if Hibs signed him?

Speedway
25-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd rather sign a doorman than Dorman.

Mon_the_cabbage
25-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Only thing is, like most Dorman, would he not stop Riordan getting into the club?

Craig_in_Prague
25-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Would prefer players like Conway/Swanson.

Allant1981
25-03-2010, 02:03 PM

was really impressed with conway last night, couple of really crap free kicks but he played well, cant see utd selling either though which is a pity

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 02:29 PM

How tall are they?

Craig_in_Prague
25-03-2010, 02:33 PM
How tall are they?

not very,
but they are hard working players, whom give their all for the team, are not particuarly full of natural talent - but their desire and committment makes them very decent players indeed. IMHO.

I've seen them a few times and think it's exactly what Hibs are missing.

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 02:34 PM
not very,
but they are hard working players, whom give their all for the team, are not particuarly full of natural talent - but their desire and committment makes them very decent players indeed. IMHO.

I tend to agree with you (from the little I've seen of them) although I know a lot of folk want us to sign tall players.

Craig_in_Prague
25-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I tend to agree with you (from the little I've seen of them) although I know a lot of folk want us to sign tall players.

yeah i know people go on about tall players,

I think they assume taller = tougher, when it's not really true.

UTD only have height really through there centre backs + Daly.

Their midfield is full of smaller players.....The difference is the team is well organized, hard working and committed.
Well drilled, you could say.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Dorman...The new Alan Gow...

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 02:47 PM
yeah i know people go on about tall players,

I think they assume taller = tougher, when it's not really true.

That's what I thought they meant as well but having been in a few debates about it now it seems that height is what they want.

Craig_in_Prague
25-03-2010, 02:51 PM
That's what I thought they meant as well but having been in a few debates about it now it seems that height is what they want.

christ,
what were these same guys shouting then when we had Mickey Weir, Crunchie, John O'Neill, Latapy etc in the side :greengrin

Some height at the back is important, Bamba somewhat is decent in that respect.... sadly Nish is the only other in the side with any height, and he falls over when there's a gust of wind.......

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 02:54 PM
not very,

Isn't it a combination of height and strength? Gomis and Bauben are 5 foot something, but they're both tough. Even Conway is fairly strong for a winger. Whereas the few tall(ish) players at Hibs aren't that strong, apart from Bamba maybe.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-03-2010, 03:10 PM
I'd rather sign a doorman than Dorman.

Maybe Deeks will here his name wrong and start a punch-up?:casper:

.Sean.
25-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Dorman...The new Alan Gow...
Wouldn't say that, as from what i've seen from Dorman, he isn't sh*te.

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Wouldn't say that, as from what i've seen from Dorman, he isn't sh*te.

Neither's Gow so what point are you making?

.Sean.
25-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Neither's Gow so what point are you making?
From what i've seen of him in a Hibs top, and i've been to the games he's played in, Alan Gow has been dissapointing to say the least. However, I hope he proves me to be wrong.

DH1875
25-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Gow will be gone at the end of the season. Dorman isn't a bad shout but I think we need to be looking at getting in more cover in defence.