PDA

View Full Version : More balanced sports news

down the slope
25-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I see that STV has lost out in it's bid to retain the news accross Scotland http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8586964.stm I wonder if we will get less OF and a much more balanced sports coverage ?.

Allant1981
25-03-2010, 11:55 AM
i hate STV news with a passion, i live 1 mile closer to glasgow than edinburgh so i have to get the weegie news which usually has nothing to do with anywhere other than glasgow. Prob not than important to anyone else its just one of the things that bug me

overdrive
25-03-2010, 12:02 PM
i hate STV news with a passion, i live 1 mile closer to glasgow than edinburgh so i have to get the weegie news which usually has nothing to do with anywhere other than glasgow. Prob not than important to anyone else its just one of the things that bug me

I live in Edinburgh yet get the Glasgow news on STV! Really annoying.

Allant1981
25-03-2010, 12:05 PM
I live in Edinburgh yet get the Glasgow news on STV! Really annoying.

how does that happen?

Golden Bear
25-03-2010, 12:22 PM
If you think STV is bad then you should see the drivel that we're forced to watch in Peebles.

We're approximately 40mins from Holyrood but are forced to accept "local news" from the Tyne Tees area, Isle of Man, Carlisle, Aspatria and god knows where else.

The coverage of the Borders area is scant to say the least and I'm sure the majority of the population would gladly accept STV as their local news provider.

Fortunately I can tune into STV via Sky but not everyone will have this choice.

Martin
25-03-2010, 12:28 PM
how does that happen?

Depends on if your aerial points towards Burntisland tranmitter or Harthill

jdships
25-03-2010, 03:54 PM
STV News and sport equate to the "Amateur Hour" . Poor presenters poor content :bye:
Never watch it.
Should be called "Strathclyde TV"