PDA

View Full Version : Price of the East Is......

Ross4356
25-03-2010, 12:01 PM
£3.5M

Bargin

GGTTH

hibby al
25-03-2010, 12:04 PM
what company are we using to build the stand ?
just curious

Ross4356
25-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Hall with Arthur & McKay doing the Elec

Barr, Interserve & Millar didn't get the job

Leithenhibby
25-03-2010, 12:23 PM
http://www.hallconstruction.uk.com/index.html

Hall Construction has successfully completed projects in both the public and private sectors and has worked for such clients as Easter Group, Evans of Leeds, Priority Sites, Peel Holdings, Shrewsbury Town FC, Darlington FC, Taylor Wimpey plc, One North East and many local authorities.

And Hibernian FC...:notworthy:

Ritchie
25-03-2010, 12:25 PM
£3.5M

Bargin

GGTTH

what do you know ya tim! :devil:

Ross4356
25-03-2010, 12:39 PM
what do you know ya tim! :devil:

Don't be a fanny all ur life son ha

btw have u got the vid o stevie fa sat m8?

Peevemor
25-03-2010, 12:41 PM

:agree: dl dke ddiotrn hjfk kefze ekbchh! :thumbsup:

Ritchie
25-03-2010, 12:43 PM

nope, brad or dave have though.....

Mikey
25-03-2010, 12:46 PM

Any chance you can type in English? This is a forum, not MSN or a chat room.

HH81
25-03-2010, 12:47 PM
£3.5M

Bargin

GGTTH

This stand was built by Calderdale council at a cost of 5 million.

http://calderdale.gov.uk/webcam/shaycam.jpg

The two teams that play there are in rugby's 2nd div and football's 8th league in England.

Hibs one seems a decent price. :agree:

Ross4356
25-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Any chance you can type in English? This is a forum, not MSN or a chat room.

Not a problem

Mikey
25-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Thank you :thumbsup:

Ross4356
25-03-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.hallconstruction.uk.com/index.html

Darlington FC

And Hibernian FC...:notworthy:

Beautiful stadium but what were they thinking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darlington_Arena

JoJo_07
25-03-2010, 01:02 PM
£3.5M

Bargin

GGTTH

Hibs are quoted as having £3.9M set aside for the use on the East Stand but also mentioning that they would not get a stand befitting what we want for this money. Would be surprised if this is all it is costing us.

Ross4356
25-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Hibs are quoted as having £3.9M set aside for the use on the East Stand but also mentioning that they would not get a stand befitting what we want for this money. Would be surprised if this is all it is costing us.

I was surprised when I seen it myself m8, thought it would have been allot more but this is 100% definate

Baw187
25-03-2010, 01:10 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darlington_Arena (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darlington_Arena)

My wife's family are from Darlo and I have had the (mis)pleasure of attending a couple of Quakers games. Good stadium - seldom quarter full - pretty good supporter's 'sports' bar.

Oh, and if anybody hadn't noticed, they make Hibs' form look like that of Man U.

Mikey
25-03-2010, 01:11 PM
£3.5M

Bargin

GGTTH

That's very close to the number I'd heard too. The companies that priced it were more interested in getting the business just to generate work and keep their workers in a job.

If we weren't in/just out of recession the stand would have cost closer to £6.5m. That's calculated on the basis of around £1000 per seat.

JoJo_07
25-03-2010, 01:12 PM
I was surprised when I seen it myself m8, thought it would have been allot more but this is 100% definate

Where is this quoted, the 3.5M?

Mikey
25-03-2010, 01:13 PM

You won't find it quoted anywhere. You may be able to unpick it from the accounts when they come out. It's accurate though.

ALF TUPPER
25-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

seems a good price to me. Well done the board. Fine bit o work :agree:

JoJo_07
25-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Very good price then. Well done to all involved. Here is the quote mentioning the £3.9M:-

"Hibernian: Tim Gardner, Finance
Director
“…The club has been exploring the cost and viability of constructing a new East Stand at Easter Road Stadium. The club’s cash resources of £3.9m at 31 July 2008 are insufficient to pay for the new stand that the club and supporters would want. The Board intends to maintain a substantial part of its cash resources in hand to contribute to a new East Stand project at the appropriate time.”"

and around the same time from Hearts:-

Hearts: S Fedotovas, Director
“The successful conclusion of a £12m debt for equity agreement contributed
substantially to the club’s total debt figure reducing to £30.5m (2007:
£36.3m). The debt reduction removes the burden of an estimated £0.6m of
interest per annum – the full effect of which will not be reflected until the
financial results for season 2008/09… The Board of Hearts also restated its
intention to develop Tynecastle into a 20,000+ capacity stadium… The
plans, which are subject to suitable funding arrangements, provide for
redevelopment work to commence in the latter part of 2010 providing a new
main stand to be constructed and fully operational in season 2011/12.”

(source PWC (http://www.pwc.co.uk/scotland/publications/the_20th_annual_financial_review_scottish_premier_ league_football.html))

Ross4356
25-03-2010, 01:36 PM

On a bit of paper I have seen, will not say anymore as don't want to get in bother

Mikey
25-03-2010, 01:39 PM
The club’s cash resources of £3.9m at 31 July 2008 are insufficient to pay for the new stand that the club and supporters would want.

That would have been the case at the time but construction and material costs dropped significantly.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-03-2010, 02:01 PM
That would have been the case at the time but construction and material costs dropped significantly.

What could we get with £15M :greengrin?

Ritchie
25-03-2010, 02:32 PM
On a bit of paper I have seen, will not say anymore as don't want to get in bother

you been raking through big rods bins again??

Ross4356
25-03-2010, 02:36 PM
you been raking through big rods bins again??

I m8 :wink:

Mikey
25-03-2010, 02:50 PM

:rolleyes:

down-the-slope
25-03-2010, 02:52 PM
£3.5 Million....didn't know Ikea did sports stands :rolleyes:

Seriously that if true is fantastic....but could that be just for the groundworks and shell with fit out (electrics / ventilation / bogs etc etc) over and above?

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-03-2010, 03:01 PM

Its only me thats got it mate. My phone wont let me send it to anyone else coz its too long :grr: Ill get it on youtube soon as I get a minute, barely been in my flat all week. Ill give you a shout once its up. Chris has got a belter too but also too long to send.

We should have known Petrie would wait until the country was in a recession and he could get our new stand for half price. Our Rod's no daft.

Mikey
25-03-2010, 03:05 PM

Seriously that if true is fantastic....but could that be just for the groundworks and shell with fit out (electrics / ventilation / bogs etc etc) over and above?

As far as I know that's the cost for the full construction, although I'm not sure if that includes demolition. I'll see if I can find out............

Jonnyboy
25-03-2010, 03:30 PM

You're 8??? Good work for one so young :wink::greengrin

Ross4356
25-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Its only me thats got it mate. My phone wont let me send it to anyone else coz its too long :grr: Ill get it on youtube soon as I get a minute, barely been in my flat all week. Ill give you a shout once its up. Chris has got a belter too but also too long to send.

We should have known Petrie would wait until the country was in a recession and he could get our new stand for half price. Our Rod's no daft.

Okay m8 I didn't know that was you, good name :)

Ross4356
25-03-2010, 03:36 PM
You're 8??? Good work for one so young :wink::greengrin

Yeah Jonnyboy just watching CBBC the now :agree:

Jonnyboy
25-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Yeah Jonnyboy just watching CBBC the now :agree:

Enjoy :greengrin

Bob Box Fish
25-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Remind me was it 3m or 3.5m we got for fletch?

Not bad- a whole stand for a one footed ten goals a season player....

Hibercelona
25-03-2010, 06:48 PM
3.5 million is a lot of money for a club who can't attract enough fans to fill any of the seats.

How about 3.5 million on the team instead?

HibeeDaz6270
25-03-2010, 06:54 PM
3.5 million is a lot of money for a club who can't attract enough fans to fill any of the seats.

look at the bigger picture. Build the stand, easter road is now completed. It makes Hibs are more attractive club. It is another development out the way, so we can now move on, so more of future income can go towards the playing squad.

If we spent 3.5million on the team, we would end up back to square 1. DEBT!

iwasthere1972
25-03-2010, 06:57 PM

You're beginning to sound like a Yam. The new stand is underway whether you like it or not. Wasn't that long ago when the majority of folk were giving it the :thumbsup: when the announcement was made.

Petrie will never spend £3.5 million on the team.

Yours

Happy Clapper.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

I reserve the right to change my mind if the Bairns stuff us as the weekend. :greengrin

sunshine1875
25-03-2010, 06:59 PM
£3.5M

Bargin

GGTTH

If you read my New East Stand thread of yesterday, you will see why it is only £3.5m! Photo of new stand is below.

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/region/east/eastgrounds/harthill.jpg

There was a bit of debate as to whether it is the one on the left or right.

Cocaine&Caviar
25-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Basically the Fletcher money then?

.Sean.
25-03-2010, 08:57 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darlington_Arena (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darlington_Arena)
Why oh why did bloody DARLINGTON feel the need to buld a 25,000 seater stadium :bitchy:

Mikey
25-03-2010, 09:01 PM
The £3.5m cost almost certainly doesn't include demolition. 99% sure.

Mikey
25-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Not 100% sure but I think the planning permission was time limited which meant having to submit a new planning application if work hadn't started by a certain date.

the potential problem was the residents living close by the East stand may have voiced an objection preventing the development of the stadium.

Nope, Hibs had written confirmation that they'd done enough to ensure that the planning permission wouldn't lapse. They weren't forced into building it at this time.

jdships
25-03-2010, 09:06 PM

:thumbsup:
I understood from the civil engineering "Mafia" that Hall were constructing the building with Arthur & McKay doing the Electrics.
Two separate quotes "probably"
Have no way of verifying that unfortunately

Peevemor
25-03-2010, 09:10 PM
:thumbsup:
I understood from the civil engineering "Mafia" that Hall were constructing the building with Arthur & McKay doing the Electrics.
Two separate quotes "probably"
Have no way of verifying that unfortunately

I'd reckon that Hall will be the main contracter with Arthur McKay as a nominated subbie in that case.

iwasthere1972
25-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Why oh why did bloody DARLINGTON feel the need to buld a 25,000 seater stadium :bitchy:

7 different names in it's brief history and attendance capped at 10,000 due to the access being pretty crap. Average attendance about 3,000-4,000.

25,000 capacity. Makes you wonder why.

Oh and Elton John played there. Hopefully that's were the comparisons stop.

Sas_The_Hibby
25-03-2010, 09:16 PM
As far as I know that's the cost for the full construction, although I'm not sure if that includes demolition. I'll see if I can find out............

A bit of a waste if they're spending £3.5m on it and then just demolishing it, IMO. :greengrin:offski:

Sas_The_Hibby
25-03-2010, 09:19 PM
My wife's family are from Darlo and I have had the (mis)pleasure of attending a couple of Quakers games. Good stadium - seldom quarter full - pretty good supporter's 'sports' bar.

Oh, and if anybody hadn't noticed, they make Hibs' form look like that of Man U.

What, CURRENT form?!? :shocked:

iwasthere1972
25-03-2010, 09:19 PM
A bit of a waste if they're spending £3.5m on it and then just demolishing it, IMO. :greengrin:offski:

:greengrin

down-the-slope
25-03-2010, 09:21 PM

thanks..knew it had to be a higher total...I heard there was contamination in soil under terrace that meant it was pricey to deal with...still a good deal on the construction though

down-the-slope
25-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Its a cracking stadium..would look great in green :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
25-03-2010, 09:29 PM
thanks..knew it had to be a higher total...I heard there was contamination in soil under terrace that meant it was pricey to deal with...still a good deal on the construction though

It'll be all the p*ss the Huns used to fill their beer cans with before they lobbed them over us in the 70s. Aaaaah, the good old days.............

Sas_The_Hibby
25-03-2010, 09:31 PM

Anything looks great in green.

(Well, apart from our current midfield................... :wink:)

DarlingtonHibee
27-03-2010, 07:48 AM

It is a fantastic stadium, which would grace any team - if we could re-paint it green, and "lift and shift" up to Easter Road it would look great.

Been a few times as the wife's father has the 2nd most appearances for the club.

The corporate area is Premier league status - escalator's, lift's, boxes, 3 major suites etc...

This was the vision of one man - George Reynold's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Reynolds_(business)

Unfortunatly, they are going down, and Steve Staunton got sacked last week.

The long term viabilty of the stadium is now in question....

matty_f
27-03-2010, 07:54 AM
If that price is correct then the board have definitely taken the correct decision to build the stand now. Compared to the costs of the other stands, it's a steal, and would only get more expensive as the economy recovers.

Being in a position to build it now has probably saved us millions of pounds.

EasterRoad4Ever
27-03-2010, 08:33 AM
If that price is correct then the board have definitely taken the correct decision to build the stand now. Compared to the costs of the other stands, it's a steal, and would only get more expensive as the economy recovers.

:agree: Isn't the broad rule of thumb £1000 a seat to build = £6.5m ???

down-the-slope
27-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Anything looks great in green.

(Well, apart from our current midfield................... :wink:)

:faf: sorry I know it shouldn't but that did make me laugh out loud

Sandy
27-03-2010, 08:53 AM
You're beginning to sound like a Yam. The new stand is underway whether you like it or not. Wasn't that long ago when the majority of folk were giving it the :thumbsup: when the announcement was made.

Petrie will never spend £3.5 million on the team.

Yours

Happy Clapper.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

I reserve the right to change my mind if the Bairns stuff us as the weekend. :greengrin

With you on that one mate. I wonder who our next significant sale will be ?, and then the money should be reinvested in the squad, not debt or infrastructure. This is a long term plan, and we are way ahead of our rivals on this front. Shame we are crap at the moment though :grr: Next 3-5 years could be very interesting when the cost cutting really starts to hurt other teams.

Mikey
27-03-2010, 09:17 AM
With you on that one mate. I wonder who our next significant sale will be ?, and then the money should be reinvested in the squad, not debt or infrastructure. This is a long term plan, and we are way ahead of our rivals on this front. Shame we are crap at the moment though :grr: Next 3-5 years could be very interesting when the cost cutting really starts to hurt other teams.

The money's in place to pay for it.

There will however still need to be a player sale if the club wants to return a profit for this financial year. That's nothing to do with the stand though.

Mikey
27-03-2010, 09:18 AM

The contamination was because it's landfill. Hence the bottle of ginger :wink:

--------
27-03-2010, 10:17 AM
The contamination was because it's landfill. Hence the bottle of ginger :wink:

They haven't found any human remains yet, have they?

Guy about 25, fat, ugly, wearing a Hearts scarf vintage about 1972?

Not that there WOULD be anything like that down there, of course.... :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
27-03-2010, 11:29 AM
They haven't found any human remains yet, have they?

Guy about 25, fat, ugly, wearing a Hearts scarf vintage about 1972?

Not that there WOULD be anything like that down there, of course.... :rolleyes:

Well there was news of a ginger beer. :devil:

WestEndHibee
27-03-2010, 11:30 AM

That wasback in 2008 though IIRC. Since then prices will have vastly dropped as construction workers will be fighting to earn a large scale contract such as the East Stand.

sunshine1875
27-03-2010, 12:19 PM
That wasback in 2008 though IIRC. Since then prices will have vastly dropped as construction workers will be fighting to earn a large scale contract such as the East Stand.

Also, working on a project like must be good for the companies PR. Gets your name more into the public domain, possibly on telly (surprises me that there is not a board up already) - all likely to be free.

Antifa Hibs
27-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Will Hibs be paying off the new stand outright? So not taken anymore debt on? If that is the case, what is/will our debt be?

PaulSmith
27-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Will Hibs be paying off the new stand outright? So not taken anymore debt on? If that is the case, what is/will our debt be?

Just under the 6m mark, 2m due in2020 and 3.5 ish due at 250 per year

DarlingtonHibee
27-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Just under the 6m mark, 2m due in2020 and 3.5 ish due at 250 per year

Paul, I'm assuming the £2m is for the West.

Are you saying Hibs will take the East on a mortgage ?

Thought it was likley to be cash, plus some small borrowing ?

Cheers :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2010, 08:49 PM

Yip, my thoughts too. And it also should mean, the new £51m hearts stands price would have dropped too, down to around £30m-£35m. Are you not surprised they too have not seized this opportunity?:confused:

truehibernian
27-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I think the Muffin Tops are waiting on news of the SCS summer sale before they commit to their new main stand BH

Part/Time Supporter
27-03-2010, 09:28 PM
The money's in place to pay for it.

There will however still need to be a player sale if the club wants to return a profit for this financial year. That's nothing to do with the stand though.

:agree:

More to do with ****ing it up on Tuesday night.

Will Hibs be paying off the new stand outright? So not taken anymore debt on?

Yip, they've been sitting with £3M+ in cash at each financial year end for the last few years. They'll basically be paying for the stand with the cash generated from the ST sales over the spring / summer. They will then need an overdraft facility to operate through next season until they get to the following year's ST sales.

If that is the case, what is/will our debt be?

£6.5M, for the two mortgages that were taken out when the west stand was built.

greenlex
27-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Yip, they've been sitting with £3M+ in cash at each financial year end for the last few years. They'll basically be paying for the stand with the cash generated from the ST sales over the spring / summer. They will then need an overdraft facility to operate through next season until they get to the following year's ST sales.

I hope they dont just to expect the overdraft facility. I know of several companies with good turnover (one very similar to Hibs) who actually turn a profit but need an overdraft facility to help with cash flow due to seasonal/dips.
The banks have actually reigned in the facility and in one case has put the company in serious cash flow difficulties.

jabis
27-03-2010, 09:46 PM
:confused:

is M8 related to M59,or has M59 he just been on a diet ?

marinello59
27-03-2010, 09:58 PM
:confused:

is M8 related to M59,or has M59 he just been on a diet ?

M59 can not process the term M8. He has none. He is too busy eating KFC and drinking lager. Which is a diet of sorts.

signed

Mrs M59

Bad Martini
27-03-2010, 09:59 PM

Could've got it demolished for the price of a mince pie supper if someone could've convinced Nade that kicking the sheite oot the stand to find it was a good idea.......I'd wager, he'd have gone for that :greengrin

jabis
27-03-2010, 10:01 PM
M59 can not process the term M8. He has none. He is too busy eating KFC and drinking lager. Which is a diet of sorts.

signed

Mrs M59

thought as much :greengrin