PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Mogga?

Vince White
24-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I was disappointed in Tony Mowbray when he took the Celtic job. It seemed the wrong move for him and so it looks to be proving.

Would you like to see him back at Hibs?

First time round he took us comfortably into third place after we'd finished the previous three seasons in the bottom six. In his second season we finished fourth, and that was only because of the cash Romanov initially shelled out to get Hearts back above us. When did Hibs last finish in the top four in consecutive seasons? It should be the norm but it's not, yet Mowbray managed it in the only two full seasons he was in charge.

He had us playing the best football Hibs have played this century on a reasonably consistent basis. Yes, there were some less impressive displays (a poor run of away form in particular) but he showed we could beat the Old Firm, he brought the best out of our young players and also oversaw some other wonderful free-scoring displays.

No, he didn't win a trophy (though many would argue he was at least partly responsible for the 2007 cup win) but for me he gave us back a bit of respect by dint of our emphasis on attractive football and the fact he was also able to couple that with top-four finishes.

I know Yogi can talk a good game, but the difference when Mowbray was our manager was that his team could do the talking on the pitch.

Westie1875
24-03-2010, 10:42 PM
No thanks.

Leithenhibby
24-03-2010, 10:43 PM
I was disappointed in Tony Mowbray when he took the Celtic job. It seemed the wrong move for him and so it looks to be proving.

First time round he took us comfortably into third place after we'd finished the previous three seasons in the bottom six. In his second season we finished fourth, and that was only because of the cash Romanov initially shelled out to get Hearts back above us. When did Hibs last finish in the top four in consecutive seasons? It should be the norm but it's not, yet Mowbray managed it in the only two full seasons he was in charge.

He had us playing the best football Hibs have played this century on a reasonably consistent basis. Yes, there were some less impressive displays (a poor run of away form in particular) but he showed we could beat the Old Firm, he brought the best out of our young players and also oversaw some other wonderful free-scoring displays.

No, he didn't win a trophy (though many would argue he was at least partly responsible for the 2007 cup win) but for me he gave us back a bit of respect by dint of our emphasis on attractive football and the fact he was also able to couple that with top-four finishes.

I know Yogi can talk a good game, but the difference when Mowbray was our manager was that his team could do the talking on the pitch.

NO...:rolleyes:

ballengeich
24-03-2010, 10:45 PM
No. He did a fine job for us and I'm grateful to him, but the clock can't be turned back. He's been managing with teams that have far more money than us for the last few years and I couldn't see him adapting to our environment again.

HIBERNIAN 1875
24-03-2010, 10:46 PM
What has Mowbray done to deserve a return?, he was below average at West Brom and is simply abysmal so far at Celtic. No Thanks.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
24-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Mogga got a decent team of youngsters to work with (he did get another couple of players in) but in the whole it was a break he got with then. So on his record in England and with the unwashed in Glasgow - no thanks

Kevvy1875
24-03-2010, 10:54 PM
We have a manager.

Bookkeeper
24-03-2010, 10:54 PM

Said on another thread be daft to change managers so early, but with regard to Mowbray...

The timing was right for Mowbray at Hibs - we had a great bunch of youngsters coming through and he followed Blobby. Aye he had us playing some good stuff and he signed 2 or 3 right good players. But he also signed a lot of dummies, a habit he seems not to have lost. That together with a naive approach resulted in our slipping down the league and he couldn't wait to bale out at the end.

So no, other than a bit more experience than Yogi, don't think he has much to offer. Now Collins......:devil:

IWasThere2016
24-03-2010, 11:14 PM
At least the football would improve!

noseyhibby
24-03-2010, 11:26 PM
What has Mowbray done to deserve a return?, he was below average at West Brom .

Mowbray got WBA into the premier league -hardly below average. He's building a new team at Celtic, so it's early days for him there. There are no players near the quality he had at Easter road first time round, so even he would struggle to do anything with the current bunch. Besides all this, I agree with another poster that things are never the same second time around. He did a good job whilst with us but that's in the past, where it belongs.

monktonharp
24-03-2010, 11:47 PM
When Mowbray was appointed at HFC I was bombarded with texts like what's HE done ,who's Mowbray etc. he turned out to be not a bad gamble by RP,as he gave us back a bit of credibility by playing some GREAT football which can not be denied. He got lucky,no doubt inheriting a good crop of young players all coming forward at a good time. he did state his ambition quite early though ,to manage a side in the EPL and also said that a manager's "shelf life at any club was only 3 or 4 years" these days. not a bad shout imho. he also knocked back a move to Ipswich Town, before eventually taking the WBA job. now,did he not in fact take that club straight from the championship,to the EPL? Albion did not stay long there ,but he was offered the job at CFC. As an ex-captain of them,would you not expect him to jump at the chance? I was sick as a girraffe when he did,probably like quite a few on here, but ,maybe after the infamous after match huddle at ER, he's suddenly got a monkey's heid,the cheeky sellick bassa:yawn: the next thing will be,wish they hopless bassas IM and DR never came back.:blah::blah: it's modern day fitba'. get over it some of you.:dummytit:

iwasthere1972
25-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Mowbray got WBA into the premier league -hardly below average. He's building a new team at Celtic, so it's early days for him there. There are no players near the quality he had at Easter road first time round, so even he would struggle to do anything with the current bunch. Besides all this, I agree with another poster that things are never the same second time around. He did a good job whilst with us but that's in the past, where it belongs.

:agree: The squad we have now is nowhere as good as we had when TM arrived at Easter Road and he would always be judged on his first spell at Hibs if he returned. That's about as likely as us winning that cup. Besides his record away from home IIRC was pretty miserable.

Anyway I didn't know we had sacked Yogi.

ScottB
25-03-2010, 12:13 AM
No way, we have a habit of viewing the Mowbray years with rose (or should that be green?) tinted specs.

He lucked into having the best crop of youngsters any Scottish club side has produced in years, sure he went out and added class like Murphy and Sproule. But he singularly failed to do anything about our truly abysmal sideshow of 'goalkeepers' our defence had all the strength and consistency of wet tissue paper and more often than not we were kicked / muscled off the park. If he deserves some credit for Collins' cup win then so does Fat Bob and co for actually developing the 'golden generation.'

He went to WBA and got promotion. He had by far the strongest side in the division. He failed to do squat with them in the Premiership and don't tell me it's not possible when teams like Stoke manage it.

He's crashing and burning at Celtic with the same problems that were evident when he was at Hibs. Pretty football mixed with inconsistency, crap away form and bottling critical games.

We shouldn't keep looking to bring people in who left us and failed elsewhere.

monktonharp
25-03-2010, 12:16 AM
thanks for bringing it back into the proper perspective Rob.Mogga wont be back,and yes Yogi is still there,and in for a while if not the long haul.

Brando7
25-03-2010, 12:21 AM

i'll have some of wot u r on

Nakedmanoncrack
25-03-2010, 04:19 AM
First time round he took us comfortably into third place after we'd finished the previous three seasons in the bottom six.

:hmmm:
Comfortably?
I don't think so.
3rd place was scrapped thanks to goal difference, with a mere 2 goals being the difference.

Auckland Hibs
25-03-2010, 05:00 AM

He also had them playing fantastic football (not like our current Hoof-Ball), even in the Premiership they always tried to play a passing game which was more than likely their downfall.

P.S TM to Hibs is never going to happen.

IanM
25-03-2010, 07:44 AM
how many games did mogga lose per season at ER?

The Sea-gull
25-03-2010, 07:53 AM
how many games did mogga lose per season at ER?

Many more than JH has, though unless we get our act together I would think we'll lose another couple of home games before the season is out.

KerPlunk
25-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Mowbray will end up in the Ch'ship, if he's lucky. :cool2:

The_Todd
25-03-2010, 08:12 AM
No thanks. He has the biggest wage budget in the SPL, the only real transfer budget in the SPL yet he's still floundering.

jacomo
25-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Nope.

The old Mowbray is dead. The current gloom-faced miserabilist wouldn't countenance a return. End of story.

yekimevol
25-03-2010, 09:46 AM
in a heart beat !!!!!

Gettin' Auld
25-03-2010, 10:34 AM
No thanks

Vince White
25-03-2010, 10:35 AM
No way, we have a habit of viewing the Mowbray years with rose (or should that be green?) tinted specs.

He lucked into having the best crop of youngsters any Scottish club side has produced in years, sure he went out and added class like Murphy and Sproule. But he singularly failed to do anything about our truly abysmal sideshow of 'goalkeepers' our defence had all the strength and consistency of wet tissue paper and more often than not we were kicked / muscled off the park. If he deserves some credit for Collins' cup win then so does Fat Bob and co for actually developing the 'golden generation.'

He went to WBA and got promotion. He had by far the strongest side in the division. He failed to do squat with them in the Premiership and don't tell me it's not possible when teams like Stoke manage it.

He's crashing and burning at Celtic with the same problems that were evident when he was at Hibs. Pretty football mixed with inconsistency, crap away form and bottling critical games.

We shouldn't keep looking to bring people in who left us and failed elsewhere.

I'm not saying he was perfect. No Hibs manager is ever likely to be that or they wouldn't be managing Hibs. But he was the best we'd had for a long time and we've not, so far, had better since.

Cinntwamob
25-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Mowbrays teams:
backheals and bull****. His teams flatter to deceive

Viva_Palmeiras
25-03-2010, 10:46 AM
No - he's vince :wink:

Can someone please let me know when the straw clutching, despondency, skitter-gun hit and run venting and yamish wind-ups will recede?

Chuck Rhoades
25-03-2010, 10:50 AM

He does like attacking football which in course is entertaining to watch. But, he doesn't seem to care how many goals are scored against him. As long as his team scores more!

This is not always the case. Anyone recall 4-0, 4-1, 4-0? And look at his team last night!

We still do not have a set back four in defence and he, if humanly possible, would make it worse!

Mogga has had his time. He can GTF if he ever thinks about coming back to us.

marinello59
25-03-2010, 10:52 AM

First time round he took us comfortably into third place after we'd finished the previous three seasons in the bottom six. .

No.

And comfortably into third?:confused:

Vince White
25-03-2010, 11:05 AM
No.

And comfortably into third?:confused:

What I meant was we were up in third spot for most of the season, which given the previous three placings of something like 10th, 7th and 8th was pretty good going.

And you could argue we were 'comfortable' enough to be able to play out the final game against the huns knowing we didn't really need to try to win it to secure third spot (didn't feel like it on the day mind you!) :wink:

Bad Martini
25-03-2010, 11:18 AM
We need him back cause his team was full of guile, fight, determination and winning cups against sheitey inferior teams such as Livi?

Aye...:rolleyes:

OR for his ability to play the right players in the right position? (Konte >> Riordan) ???

OR for his ability to sign players on long term deals, the ones we REALLY want to pay for (Zibbi) ???

OR for his ability to run a tight ship, demand respect (players swearing at him at training, ****ing off to the bookies/pub and taking the piss) ???

OR for his ability to see out the job he starts and not jump ship like a mercenary, 3 days before a derby match of all games when we were down on luck (having recently lost to some lesser teams) ???

OR for his wonderful tactics, substitutions and ability to really turn a game around ???

He played nice fitba. He steadied a ship that many could have except, Bobby Williamson. He done that and I am thankful for that.

The rest, he can shove up his erse, with his celtc huddle, "his team" and his bullsheite attitude to the rest of Scotland since he's come back.

Tony GTF and I hope yer rasellick career is over tae.

ENDOF

Vince White
25-03-2010, 12:06 PM
We need him back cause his team was full of guile, fight, determination and winning cups against sheitey inferior teams such as Livi?

Aye...:rolleyes:

OR for his ability to play the right players in the right position? (Konte >> Riordan) ???

OR for his ability to sign players on long term deals, the ones we REALLY want to pay for (Zibbi) ???

OR for his ability to run a tight ship, demand respect (players swearing at him at training, ****ing off to the bookies/pub and taking the piss) ???

OR for his ability to see out the job he starts and not jump ship like a mercenary, 3 days before a derby match of all games when we were down on luck (having recently lost to some lesser teams) ???

OR for his wonderful tactics, substitutions and ability to really turn a game around ???

He played nice fitba. He steadied a ship that many could have except, Bobby Williamson. He done that and I am thankful for that.

The rest, he can shove up his erse, with his celtc huddle, "his team" and his bullsheite attitude to the rest of Scotland since he's come back.

Tony GTF and I hope yer rasellick career is over tae.

ENDOF

Bobby Williamson was the manager of the team which lost that final to Livi.

To counter your negative points (and as I've said, I agree Mowbray wasn't perfect), how about how he:

Gave us our first wins at Ibrox and Parkhead in 10 years (not just once but twice at Ibrox) and beat Rangers 3 times in one season.

Gave us two consecutive top four finishes for the first time since the 70s and took Hibs into Europe for only the second time in 15 years.

Granted, he oversaw two heavy defeats at Tynecastle but he also gave us our first win there in 5 years

On their day his team were a joy to watch and there were some scorelines reminiscent of the days of the Tornadoes (eg 7-0 v Livi, 6-0 v Gretna, a 5-1 away victory at Falkirk, 6-0 v Arbroath).

He got the best out of the young players that Williamson had failed to do.

Yes, he had some low points, in particular the cup semi-final defeat to Dundee United which we should have won and he struggled to find us a decent keeper, but it's hard to deny that the positives of Mowbray's time outweighed the negatives.

Joe Baker II
25-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Bobby Williamson was the manager of the team which lost that final to Livi.

To counter your negative points (and as I've said, I agree Mowbray wasn't perfect), how about how he:

Gave us our first wins at Ibrox and Parkhead in 10 years (not just once but twice at Ibrox) and beat Rangers 3 times in one season.

Gave us two consecutive top four finishes for the first time since the 70s and took Hibs into Europe for only the second time in 15 years.

Granted, he oversaw two heavy defeats at Tynecastle but he also gave us our first win there in 5 years

On their day his team were a joy to watch and there were some scorelines reminiscent of the days of the Tornadoes (eg 7-0 v Livi, 6-0 v Gretna, a 5-1 away victory at Falkirk, 6-0 v Arbroath).

He got the best out of the young players that Williamson had failed to do.

Yes, he had some low points, in particular the cup semi-final defeat to Dundee United which we should have won and he struggled to find us a decent keeper, but it's hard to deny that the positives of Mowbray's time outweighed the negatives.

Seems Mowbray has left. Totally agree and would take him back any time (though I do not think Hughes deserves being dismissed I emphasise) but cannot really see Mowbray wanting to come back.

1two
25-03-2010, 02:11 PM
:devil:

I hope rebecca's not reading:wink:

zlatan
25-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Whilst I'm not exactly clambering for Yogis imminent exit I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Bayern Bru
25-03-2010, 02:15 PM
:devil:

I hope rebecca's not reading:wink:

Behave yersel'!
:wink:

steakbake
25-03-2010, 02:18 PM
No thanks.

MussyHibby
25-03-2010, 02:23 PM
If JH wasn't around (for whatever reason, and I don't want him sacked!) I'd have TM back, defo! :agree:

hibeenicol
25-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Would never have mowbray back he done nothing special.
And for whats it worth I think yogi will prove he's the right man for the job and we should be getting right behind him.

dawn
25-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Can we no have both, Mowbray working with Hughs! :rolleyes:

Craig_in_Prague
25-03-2010, 02:32 PM
He'll walk into a job in the championship.

It seems managers change down there all the time, even between clubs in the same league.

ronaldo7
25-03-2010, 02:34 PM
No thanks.

When someone walks out on you once, you don't invite them back to do it again.

No previous experience myself though:greengrin

MussyHibby
25-03-2010, 02:34 PM
:agree:
And for whats it worth I think yogi will prove he's the right man for the job and we should be getting right behind him.

Wow, cannae believe that!:confused:

He got me and my son pack to ER based on the fast free flowing football.:agree:

PeterboroHibee
25-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Be interesting how this would come about since we already have a manager...

Even the idea of this thread is ridiculous, we have a manager who a few months ago showed some great things, who at one point we were worried about losing to a Premiership club (Burnley). Give him time to build a team, if in a couple of years we are still having problems then fair enough.

hibeenicol
25-03-2010, 02:47 PM

Wow, cannae believe that!:confused:

He got me and my son pack to ER based on the fast free flowing football.:agree:

Which I think with the players he had yogi would probably got the same or more out of them.

houston1875
25-03-2010, 02:51 PM
ask the majority of west brom fans what they think of mowbray?

a friend says he likes to play footy the way it should be played,but his goals against ratio can be scary reading? was he no accused of never playing a defensive midfielder at the baggies?

Vince White
25-03-2010, 02:54 PM

I can accept you might not want him back but I can't accept you really believe he did nothing special. For starters how many Hibs teams have won 3-0 at Ibrox twice in a season before or since? After three years of Williamson you must really have expected miracles if you think he didn't perform a minor one at Hibs.

darwenhibby
25-03-2010, 03:00 PM
If we were to change the manager which I don't think we should be doing at the moment, I would opt for Avrum Grant.

Don't thinkhe will have ajob for much longer.

MrRobot
25-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Nope.

zlatan
25-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I can accept you might not want him back but I can't accept you really believe he did nothing special. For starters how many Hibs teams have won 3-0 at Ibrox twice in a season before or since? After three years of Williamson you must really have expected miracles if you think he didn't perform a minor one at Hibs.

Yup, I was at an age where I was completely losing interest in all things Hibs when Mowbray took over, I've still never forgiven him for sucking me back in.

marinello59
25-03-2010, 03:03 PM

What happened with Mowbray and Hibs should be used as the ultimate definition of serendipity. Great for him, great for us. Unique circumstances though.
How anybody could seriously think he could come back to Hibs and have any sort of success is beyond me though. He failed big time at Celtic with an arguably stronger squad than Hibs currently has. What would he do differently at Hibs to acieive success?
As others have pointed out anyway, there is no vacancy at ER and hopefully there won't be in the foreseeable future.

MrSmith
25-03-2010, 03:07 PM
No thank you!

We have a manager in whom I support and am sure will bring good times to Hibs.

Until then... WTF are we all about? manager changes again, some stating we are sh*t*, and have we not become that which we hate most? ****in gloryhunters!!!

So for now, get behind the team and show the current custodians the respect they desrve!!:grr::grr:

Vince White
25-03-2010, 03:17 PM
What happened with Mowbray and Hibs should be used as the ultimate definition of serendipity. Great for him, great for us. Unique circumstances though.
How anybody could seriously think he could come back to Hibs and have any sort of success is beyond me though. He failed big time at Celtic with an arguably stronger squad than Hibs currently has. What would he do differently at Hibs to acieive success?
As others have pointed out anyway, there is no vacancy at ER and hopefully there won't be in the foreseeable future.

Fair enough, it's all hypothetical but when you ask what success he could bring to Hibs there's a massive difference in what is regarded as success for Celtic and success for Hibs. IMHO what he achieved last time round WAS success and if he was ever to come back to Hibs (highly unlikely I agree) I don't see why he wouldn't retain at least the capabilities to do similar if not better (ie a cup win to add to impressive league positions) again.

Keith_M
25-03-2010, 03:18 PM
So that's SIX for and everybody else against.

Pretty conclusive.

col02
25-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Mowbray now looking back under achieved with the Hibs players he had at his disposal imho. His obvious achilles heel of not being able to organise a defence has haunted him at Hibs, West Brom and now Celtic. Very limited manager who has his teams playing nice football but are ultimately very soft touches for any physical team. Oh and by the way thanks but no thanks!

hibsclass
25-03-2010, 03:26 PM
He couldn't wait to jump ship soon as he started making a name for himself. and the disrespect he showed the Hibs fans and club with that stupid huddle after the game at ER he can GTF!!!!!

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 03:32 PM
He couldn't wait to jump ship soon as he started making a name for himself. and the disrespect he showed the Hibs fans and club with that stupid huddle after the game at ER he can GTF!!!!!

Yet, he strangely still has more dignity than the average Yam. Discuss.:cool2:

Joe Baker II
25-03-2010, 03:39 PM

I was at this game but to be honest never noticed anything at the time that bothered me. And given Riordan and Murray got abuse after they left ER and were welcomed back in due course, unlikley to be an issue.

Not time for Hughes to go by any means, but will not be surprised if thought has not already occurred to Petrie that manager who was capable of attracting larger crowds than normal to a lot of games (which Hughes is not doing though may be down in part to economic factors to be fair) is available at atime when Hibs have a larger capacity stadium to try and fill.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
25-03-2010, 03:40 PM
No thanks. The mess he's left at Celtic is quite something.

marinello59
25-03-2010, 04:00 PM

He has left one terrible mess hasn't he. How sad.:greengrin

MussyHibby
25-03-2010, 04:52 PM
You all (most) sound pretty bitter to me. Man is/was a gentleman. I wish him all the best. :agree:

Betty Boop
25-03-2010, 04:54 PM
You all (most) sound pretty bitter to me. Man is/was a gentleman. I wish him all the best. :agree:

vahibbie
25-03-2010, 04:57 PM

Nope.

But he could try the HUNS next season:wink:

Woody1985
25-03-2010, 04:57 PM
We have a manager.

:top marks

The_Todd
25-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Bitter and disrespectful to TM? I find it disrepectful to our current manager that we're discussing Mowbray for a vacancy at Hibs which doesn't exist, but what we gonna do.

nanamag
25-03-2010, 05:07 PM
no thank you, we have a manager and i still think yogi will do the job, GGTTH,:thumbsup:

soupy
25-03-2010, 05:24 PM
No thank you!!!!!

Bad Martini
25-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Nope.

But he could try the HUNS next season:wink:

Now then, THAT, is a darn fine idea.

Cross the divide, ruin the huns and I might just forgive him for leaving us in the sheite mid-season, mid-week, mid-downward spiral.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Long suffering
25-03-2010, 07:44 PM

A very difficult one to answer in some ways. On one side it blatantly seems like it would be good as i could almost guarantee dominance in midfield, exciting, entertaining football and plenty of goals, and yes we would be successfull, in terms of being there are there abouts for 3rd. However, we shuld e rouhl 3rd anyway, principle problems with hibs in terms of not being resolute enough or dogged enough would certainly remain. So, to sum up i would probably not want him back :greengrin

Vince White
25-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Admin: Would it be possible to have this poll appended to the Bring back Mogga? thread. Or even merge all the Mowbray threads and include the poll?

Feel free to scrap the poll if you think it's out of order and undermining Yogi, which is not my intention.

Disco Dave
25-03-2010, 08:14 PM
You should scrap this bloody pointless poll yourself :grr:

vahibbie
25-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Admin: Would it be possible to have this poll appended to the Bring back Mogga? thread. Or even merge all the Mowbray threads and include the poll?

Feel free to scrap the poll if you think it's out of order and undermining Yogi, which is not my intention.

Depends on the result:bitchy:

It is a bit pointless right enough.

Bad Martini
25-03-2010, 08:17 PM

Dear Tony

If ye want a joab, please apply like abody else. If yer good enough, and if we need ye, we'll give ye a call. But, don't call us....we'll, call you.

Yours Sincerely

R Petrie :thumbsup:

erskine-hibby
25-03-2010, 10:20 PM
The way he went left a bad taste in my mouth so...No thanks.

DH1875
25-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Not at the expense of Yogi.

Vince White
25-03-2010, 10:37 PM
You should scrap this bloody pointless poll yourself :grr:

Just interested to see what kind of esteem (or lack of it) Mowbray still holds among Hibs fans. It tends to be the case that once well-liked players who are condemned as a 'judas' (eg Pat McGinlay, Ian Murray, Derek Riordan) for moving on but then return to Hibs are welcomed back to the club. Just wondering if it would be the same for Mowbray. Looks like fairly even split on the voting so far (13 for 16 against at present).

Sir David Gray
25-03-2010, 10:43 PM

You don't think that having a poll about whether people would want to bring back Tony Mowbray as Hibs manager, when we already have a manager, is undermining John Hughes?

I'm far from happy with what's happening at Hibs just now and I think Hughes has to shoulder part of the blame.

However I do not wish to see him removed as manager at the moment and I still back him.

If Mowbray had been sacked three months ago, when things were going well at Hibs, would anyone be making a poll that was asking whether people wanted him back at Hibs?

I highly doubt it.

Vince White
10-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Given how damaging the whole Celtic experience is likely to prove to his career I do think a return to Hibs might just work for Mogga as he tries to rebuild his managerial credentials.

vahibbie
10-04-2010, 08:52 PM
We have a manager.

Well, we have a guy that uses the managers office. The jury is still oot if he's a real manager or no.

Judas Iscariot
10-04-2010, 08:56 PM
No thanks..

Monkey Heid isnae welcome at ER

:monkey:

Hainan Hibs
10-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't like Mowbray, even when he was at Hibs there was something about him that put me right off him.

He developed a 100% Celtic minded attitude (i.e. being a dick) when he was at Celtic and the huddle at ER proved beyond doubt how much of a knob the man is.

And I would not want his derby record and away record back.

yekimevol
10-04-2010, 11:39 PM
ill take mogga back in a second, i want fast flowing attack minded football back, i want to stretch the pitch with wingers, fancie europe back as well, maybe a few magic players again e.g. when zouma and benji first came, killen was great for us when he was fit. yes mogga got a squad of great Potential but added to it with good players, bozzy, murphy, sproule, killen, the morrcans.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Baldy Foghorn
11-04-2010, 02:32 AM
What has Mowbray done to deserve a return?, he was below average at West Brom and is simply abysmal so far at Celtic. No Thanks.

:top marks

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-04-2010, 08:35 AM

Eh, I remember after xmas we done our usual self destruct and rode the fact we had made so many points before that point.

No thanks Tony, just now I'd take Derek McInnes or Derek Adam

Vince White
11-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Eh, I remember after xmas we done our usual self destruct and rode the fact we had made so many points before that point.

No thanks Tony, just now I'd take Derek McInnes or Derek Adam

Not true. Not sure about the second season, but in Mowbray's first season we won 8, drew 4 and lost 7 league games after Christmas. Not as good as pre-Christmas but still good enough to finish third.

Owain_1987
11-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Not in a mouth of Saturdays!!!

Sir David Gray
11-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Not true. Not sure about the second season, but in Mowbray's first season we won 8, drew 4 and lost 7 league games after Christmas. Not as good as pre-Christmas but still good enough to finish third.

Post-Christmas record in Mowbray's second season.

W-5
D-4
L-10

steakbake
11-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Never never never.

Mowbray was lucky at hibs because he was starting with us on the back of no expectation. He jumped ship at the same time he was telling us he was still learning his trade and encouraging players to stay and do the same.

He was sorely found out at celtic as not being a good manager at all, very poor communication skills with his team and poor judgement in the players he brought in.

I would be surprised if he got another job in football management again and if he did, I would be raging if it was with us.

Woody1985
11-04-2010, 03:56 PM
No. He refuses to adapt his 'total football' when we need to grind things out.

Ultimately demonstrated by his failure with West Brom in the premiership and failing to get in a commanding CH and have football players.

Whilst they played teams off the park they were sloppy at the back and didn't take the chances they had.

I think that you can apply this to all his previous and potential future jobs.