PDA

View Full Version : Give Yogi time

Diclonius
24-03-2010, 11:20 PM
While last night's result was pathetic, we can not afford to constantly change managers. This will impair even more the stability (or lack of) at our club.

We may be having our doubts about Yogi but for christ's sake he's been in the job for nine months, and we have made significant upturns since Mixu. That man clearly had no idea how to run a football team. Hughes has the potential, IMO, but is yet to figure out how to use it.

Only two months ago we were saying this was the best Hibs team since the Golden Generation. The fact that some people have been so undeniably quick to rush on here and spout some of the most over the top ***** almost as soon as we showed any signs of collapsing - whilst being nowhere to be found when we were doing well - is a disgrace.

Sure, the club is open to criticism - at the moment undeniably justified - but if your only purpose as a supporter of Hibs is to slate the club when it is failing and remain suspiciously silent when we are doing well then you can **** right off.

Whilst I am completely at one with the criticism of Yogi's apparent refusal to change tactics, and that I displayed my unhappiness with the team when I returned home last night, I am not calling for the manager's head.

We have to place our hopes in John Hughes for the remainder of this season and next. He achieved success at Falkirk and I choose to remain confident that he can do something here. Yes, he is doing a number of things wrong, and yes, he is taking his time to right them, but do you honestly believe he is so out of touch with the rest of us that he won't learn sooner rather than later? Last time I looked he had made a career out of football and we were posting on a ****ing message board about it.

Keep the faith. We gave him praise during the good times, let's not throw him off quite yet.

Ed De Gramo
24-03-2010, 11:22 PM
While last night's result was pathetic, we can not afford to constantly change managers. This will impair even more the stability (or lack of) at our club.

We may be having our doubts about Yogi but for christ's sake he's been in the job for nine months, and we have made significant upturns since Mixu. That man clearly had no idea how to run a football team. Hughes has the potential, IMO, but is yet to figure out how to use it.

Only two months ago we were saying this was the best Hibs team since the Golden Generation. The fact that some people have been so undeniably quick to rush on here and spout some of the most over the top ***** almost as soon as we showed any signs of collapsing - whilst being nowhere to be found when we were doing well - is a disgrace.

Sure, the club is open to criticism - at the moment undeniably justified - but if your only purpose as a supporter of Hibs is to slate the club when it is failing and remain suspiciously silent when we are doing well then you can **** right off.

Whilst I am completely at one with the criticism of Yogi's apparent refusal to change tactics, and that I displayed my unhappiness with the team when I returned home last night, I am not calling for the manager's head.

We have to place our hopes in John Hughes for the remainder of this season and next. He achieved success at Falkirk and I choose to remain confident that he can do something here. Yes, he is doing a number of things wrong, and yes, he is taking his time to right them, but do you honestly believe he is so out of touch with the rest of us that he won't learn sooner rather than later? Last time I looked he had made a career out of football and we were posting on a ****ing message board about it.

Keep the faith. We gave him praise during the good times, let's not throw him off quite yet.

:top marks

every team has a bad patch.....our players and management are big enough to rectify it.

lets face it....In Yogi We Trust :thumbsup::hnet:

SRHibs
24-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Yes, he is doing a number of things wrong, and yes, he is taking his time to right them, but do you honestly believe he is so out of touch with the rest of us that he won't learn sooner rather than later?

Yes, I do believe that. I've never once thought that Yogi the tactical nous for this job. I did, however, think he was a very good people person, and would be a good motivator for the team. Looks like I was wrong on that count though.

I'll support him while he's here, but if I had my choice he wouldn't be the man in charge next season.

Leithenhibby
24-03-2010, 11:28 PM

Some very good points, as I've said on other posts too many people just waiting to twist the knives for me.

Sammy7nil
24-03-2010, 11:29 PM

every team has a bad patch.....our players and management are big enough to rectify it.

lets face it....In Yogi We Trust :thumbsup::hnet:

Bad patch that streches 30 odd years with a couple of blips is a long bad patch :wink:

Leithenhibby
24-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Yes, I do believe that. I've never once thought that Yogi the tactical nous for this job. I did, however, think he was a very good people person, and would be a good motivator for the team. Looks like I was wrong on that count though.

I'll support him while he's here, but if I had my choice he wouldn't be the man in charge next season.

Well all will be A ok, as you DON'T have a say in who will be maneger next season.

It WILL be Yogi, make no mistake...:cool2:

SRHibs
24-03-2010, 11:34 PM
you DON'T have a say in who will be maneger next season.

Technically not, but it is the fans that influence the board into making the decisions.
And if there is enough discontent, coupled with big drop in ST sales, then it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see someone else at the helm next season.

Bookkeeper
24-03-2010, 11:35 PM

:agree: Like most folk, I was raging after last nights result and scunnered by recent performances. Who's to blame? Mostly Yogi I think, but the players (like the saying goes) need to stand up and be counted too. But you're right, it would be crazy to change managers after such a short time again. We need continuity and we have to realise that Yogi is going to make mistakes along the way - just wish he wouldn't keep repeating them :grr:

Oh the joys of being a Hibby!!

Leithenhibby
24-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Technically not, but it is the fans that influence the board into making the decisions.
And if there is enough discontent, coupled with big drop in ST sales, then it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see someone else at the helm next season.

I do take your point..but I hope Yogi gets a fair crack of the whip, and as yet I don't think he has.

We could go back and forward all night with this one :agree: but IF, we get into Europe next season that has to be a huge step in the right direction...:cool2:

Diclonius
25-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Some very good points, as I've said on other posts too many people just waiting to twist the knives for me.

There was a guy at the game during the first half that was screaming abuse at the players whether they deserved it or not. It became violent, almost personal shouts when the players came near to the goal. I simply shouted encouragement every time he opened his mouth and he shut up pretty quickly when he realised what my game was.

Unsurprisingly, not a peep out of him when we scored.

No time for people like that.

hibiedude
25-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Well all will be A ok, as you DON'T have a say in who will be maneger next season.

It WILL be Yogi, make no mistake...:cool2:

Bums on seats will dictate if Yogi is still there next season. :agree:

alfieboi75
25-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Its only fair Yogi should be given "more" time to prove he is the man for the job.....if Yogi was giving the push, this would just be more chaos for the team.....I do hope on Saturday, Hibs players work their bloody ***** and prove they are worthy winners.....

Hibs have 9 games left.....I can only blooming hope we win them all!!!

Hibs.....give us 27 points.....its achievable......COME ON!!!

:thumbsup:

RMG_82
25-03-2010, 07:31 AM

I've always been of the opinion that Yogi wouldve been a good coach rather than a manager. I dont think he's got the mental ability to work out tactics and strategies

brydekirk
25-03-2010, 07:54 AM
too much hilarity and wind ups. its great when were winning but theres no respect left when the team are asked to knuckle down. yogi has to know where to draw the line.

GlesgaeHibby
25-03-2010, 07:56 AM
There was a guy at the game during the first half that was screaming abuse at the players whether they deserved it or not. It became violent, almost personal shouts when the players came near to the goal. I simply shouted encouragement every time he opened his mouth and he shut up pretty quickly when he realised what my game was.

Unsurprisingly, not a peep out of him when we scored.

No time for people like that.

:agree: There was a guy like him near us at the derby. Complete pain in the erse.

We're still in the hunt for 3rd spot. Win against Falkirk and our game in hand against Dundee Utd and things are looking rosy again.

Steve20
25-03-2010, 08:01 AM
We're still in the hunt for 3rd spot. Win against Falkirk and our game in hand against Dundee Utd and things are looking rosy again.

Aye, but what are the chances? Does anyone seriously expect us to take 3 points from the Dundee Utd match?

GlesgaeHibby
25-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Aye, but what are the chances? Does anyone seriously expect us to take 3 points from the Dundee Utd match?

Depends what team turns up. This dismal run has to end somewhere. If they put the effort in and try to win their battles, then the firepower we have up front could help us win the game. We also need pace/trickery on the wings as their defence is slow. Would love to see Zemmama and Galbraith start.

Leithenhibby
25-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Bums on seats will dictate if Yogi is still there next season. :agree:

Not so sure, as we are not in a position to empty our managers every time the fans throw the toys out the pram...:wink:

Jim44
25-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Depends what team turns up. This dismal run has to end somewhere. If they put the effort in and try to win their battles, then the firepower we have up front could help us win the game. We also need pace/trickery on the wings as their defence is slow. Would love to see Zemmama and Galbraith start.

I agree, but it might not end up where we would like it to. We've been moaning for ages about effort and attitude and the right team turning up, but it never does these days it seems. I think Hughes is going to have to have a clear out in summer and bring in a few of those 'characters' he's telling us about in the media.

Expecting Rain
25-03-2010, 09:40 AM
It is depressing reading some of the comments on this board, ie: Do you think we will win another game this season and all that garbage? A manager`s head must be on the chopping block every other week and teams are either good or crap every other week, Riordan is too lazy,Stokes is too greedy, is Liam Miller good enough? What a complete load of *****!

franks
25-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Still have faith in Yogi. We are going through a bad patch but I think he will turn it round if given the time. Signings in the close season will be crucial, he still has my backing but he needs time.

Cinntwamob
25-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Well said fr. What would be really scary is facing relegation. The recent dip in form is a concern especially the cup defeat but eras take time to build. I suppose that's the problem with the I want it
now team or the violet elizabeths as I call them

Phil MaGlass
25-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Heard the same cries to give him time when Mixu was manager and all the same mistakes,its uncanny.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
25-03-2010, 01:35 PM
He deserves "time" alright! In Saughton for the Ross County shambles.:grr:

Love the Green
25-03-2010, 01:51 PM

GIVE HIM TIME tes in Saughton or Barlinnie.....

Can you honestly say he is doing any better than Mixu...other than the keepers we still have not imrpoved any other departments since Mixu left...NO right back. no dominant CH weak feeble small midfield who cannot tackle and have no pace..and playing with 3 "strikers" who also have no pace and 2 of whom have no first touch or ball control...

By the way I am not a Mixu fan just an d angry loyal passionate HIBEE

"keep the faith":wink:

hibiedude
25-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Not so sure, as we are not in a position to empty our managers every time the fans throw the toys out the pram...:wink:

fans will soon be asked to buy season tickets for the new season and if we keep performing the way we have of late the fans wont be buying.

Mowbray time at Celtic will also be decided this way

If fans stay away in big numbers from the remaining home games Yogi mite not see the end of this season.

supersauzee
25-03-2010, 03:22 PM
defo give Yogi more time!:agree: he will get it right again!:thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Some good points mate...but the bit in bold...have we?!? really?! Putting my negative hat on here(im usually fairly positive when it comes to Hibs btw) there is a gd chance that we could finish this season in 6th place. That is not progress. We have signed some cracking players, however so did Mixu. Progress? We are still, for some god foresaken reason, finishing games with 4 strikers and no midfield to supply them with the ball!! Mixu's biggest fault imo. We are still rapidly underachieving for the squad we have. Like Mixu did. We have had incredible luck as far as lack of injuries and suspensions go(often the reason for our mid season slump in past seasons). Again, we have been very lucky in certain games, last minute draws and wins when our performances quite simply havent deserved it. Earlier in the season a lot of people were saying "some team is eventually going to get destroyed by us" That team was Hamilton. However, I always thought we were gonna take at least one hammering as well. St Johnstone and getting ripped to shreds by one of the poorest ever Hearts starting 11's immediately spring to mind. We have been pumped out both cups at home by teams we should be more than capable of beating(RC was a home tie originally) and we have been in a horrendous 'slump' for about 3 bloody months now!!! Progress needs to be measured over a season...so where is the progress??

Btw I still want Yogi as manager and a lot of this post is me playing devils advocate but I genuinly am struggling to see much progress from where we were at the end of lst season.

mjhibby
25-03-2010, 04:06 PM
I suppose its yogi fault for building up our expectations after such a great start.Im sure the board will give yogi till at least the middle of next season and allow him to do the changes necessary in the summer but with many clubs very trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers nothing would surprise me.
The cup exit was an unbelievably sore when especially now rangers are out and celtic are in disarray.Mind you it could be a blessing in disguise as losing to united in the final would be far worse.We only have to think of the semi defeats to aberdeen,dunfermline and the final loss to livi to know its nothing new with hibs but gutwrenching nevertheless.
If you look at our league position im sure we would have accepted where we are as progress and to have two of the bottom four sides and a celtic side in disarray coming up plus our closest challengers for third at home should be a good position.Also we finished 12 points behing hertz last year and now are 7 ahead with a game in hand.The down side is that we are out of form and just as you look forward to every fixture when you are winning right now we arent so sure because of results until our form picks up.
Yogis insistence on his team set up is laudable but maybe mowbray has hit the nail on the head when he says that teams that try to play expansive football are muscled out of it in scotland and this of course has led to our coefficient dropping dramatically in europe and scotland tumbling down the rankings.Surely now yogi realise that we need muscle in the middle of the park and then let the likes of stokes and zemmama do their stuff.They need decent posession of the ball and we need to win it back more.
Is the dressing room all behind yogi.One or two wee rumours that certain players not taking kindly to being told a few home truths.I hope this is not the john collins saga again and this is where yogi must bin the jovial face and be ruthless.If guys arent giving 100% then he knows what to do.Injuries have really hit us and credit to yogi he hasnt blamed this although he has been missing hogg,hanlon,zemmama,gow and of course mccann.Also i hear there are one or two players playing through injuries and it shows our squad isnt anywhere near big enough.
Its easy to moan but most fans have said for long enough that we needed a rb,ch and strong central midfielder none of which yogi has brought in although in fairness michael hart was on his way until there was a change of manager at his club.Yogi has to address this in the summer or the fans patience will run out.He doesnt seem to have a plan b except throwing on benji and galbraith which isnt fair on them as they always are trying to retrieve games.This i find strange for yogi as he always impressed at falkirk with his tactical nous.I think its him being a hibs fan that is clouding his judgement in having to play the hibs way where winning really should come first then hopefully silky stuff after that.
So we are better off than we have been but the season threatens to peter out into adamp squib.Lets hope we get the injured players back and yogi uses his nous to get us at least into europe.Its always been this way being a hibs fan but boy is it immensely frustrating.Still it could be worse we could be a dons fan,or a celtic fan and of course the worst of all a hertz fan.Nah being a hibs fan is the best as we all know.:thumbsup:

Eaststand
25-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Still have faith in Yogi. We are going through a bad patch but I think he will turn it round if given the time. Signings in the close season will be crucial, he still has my backing but he needs time.

:top marksGOOD POST - spot on, and we've got to give Yogi time
Hopefully he'll get it right.....remember we're only 2 points off 3rd, and tucked in behind a pretty decent Dundee Utd team, and they took a few years to put their team together..give Yogi time, he deserves that
.....and if we changed managers now it would mean more disruption

GGTTH

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
25-03-2010, 04:57 PM
:top marksGOOD POST - spot on, and we've got to give Yogi time
Hopefully he'll get it right.....remember we're only 2 points off 3rd, and tucked in behind a pretty decent Dundee Utd team, and they took a few years to put their team together..give Yogi time, he deserves that
.....and if we changed managers now it would mean more disruption

GGTTH

He keeps picking the same dumplings Like Nish, Rankin, McBride, Stevenson etc.. That's my concern. These guys are not going to get us anywhere except mediocrity. If Hughes can't see that then he's not fit for purpose.

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 04:57 PM
GIVE HIM TIME tes in Saughton or Barlinnie.....

Can you honestly say he is doing any better than Mixu...other than the keepers we still have not imrpoved any other departments since Mixu left...NO right back. no dominant CH weak feeble small midfield who cannot tackle and have no pace..and playing with 3 "strikers" who also have no pace and 2 of whom have no first touch or ball control...

By the way I am not a Mixu fan just an d angry loyal passionate HIBEE

"keep the faith":wink:

:faf:

Beat me to it!

Sas_The_Hibby
25-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I agree that we can't keep changing managers and, mainly for that reason, I accept Yogi should be given another season.

However, my main concern is that he seems unable to change things at all. Okay, if things aren't going well and you try various changes that still don't work, it can be said you're learning on the job. The trouble is Yogi doesn't seem to accept there's any problem and so just continues with the same tactics, same team and, apparently, the same 'motivation' of the players.

Unless he changes tack very soon, I really don't see him turning things round, this season or next.

Malthibby
25-03-2010, 06:11 PM
In Yogi I don't entirely trust at the moment, but I refuse to believe that the season has now gone down the pan, nor do I believe that he will persevere with a system which is patently failing.
I just don't believe he will be that stupid.
Shurely?
GG

Sas_The_Hibby
25-03-2010, 06:15 PM
In Yogi I don't entirely trust at the moment, but I refuse to believe that the season has now gone down the pan, nor do I believe that he will persevere with a system which is patently failing.
I just don't believe he will be that stupid.
Shurely?
GG

Hope you're right but, if so, why has it taken him until now to see it?