PDA

View Full Version : Celtic

Alex Trager
24-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm going to throw this out there now... Celtic football club will struggle to second place in the spl or will not finish second

Bad Martini
24-03-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm going to throw this out there now... Celtic football club will struggle to second place in the spl or will not finish second

They will finish second. Hate to admit it, but they will.

I'd love them not to, but they will.

As for anything else, they're gonna win nothing tangible though....:agree:

No spirit, bottle or ability to finish what they start. Wonder where they got that from :devil::greengrin

steve75
24-03-2010, 09:36 PM
yup. Regardless of how badly we're playing now, we are still in a good position to claim 2nd. I fully expect hearts to make top six, and I think all the teams could finish anywhere between 2nd and 6th. (within reason, I don't expect hearts to claim 2nd, or Celtic to fall any further than 4th at very very worst)

However based on history, celtic will romp it and everyone else will bottle it.

Sir David Gray
24-03-2010, 09:41 PM
yup. Regardless of how badly we're playing now, we are still in a good position to claim 2nd. I fully expect hearts to make top six, and I think all the teams could finish anywhere between 2nd and 6th. (within reason, I don't expect hearts to claim 2nd, or Celtic to fall any further than 4th at very very worst)

However based on history, celtic will romp it and everyone else will bottle it.

There is absolutely no chance of us getting 2nd place this year. As things stand just now, I would be delighted to finish 4th.

As for Celtic, they will be 2nd this year and I wouldn't be surprised if they win the Scottish Cup. I certainly expect them to beat Ross County at Hampden.

steve75
24-03-2010, 09:46 PM
There is absolutely no chance of us getting 2nd place this year. As things stand just now, I would be delighted to finish 4th.

As for Celtic, they will be 2nd this year and I wouldn't be surprised if they win the Scottish Cup. I certainly expect them to beat Ross County at Hampden.

with the way utd and well are playing i'd be delighted with 4th too. but if we were to go on a good run, which we won't, we're still in the position to claim second. I wouldn't be surprised if 'well put in a late push though, don't concede goals you don't lose games.

Sir David Gray
24-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I agree with you but at the very least it still shows that theres so much to play for and the season isnt over by a long shot. It can all change so quickly in football. Say we win our game in hand over them and then get a result against them at Easter Road then we are only 4 points off them going into the split.

It's all ifs and buts and to be honest I can't see us ever winning again at this rate but it just goes to show how quickly things can change if we can pick up from here.

If we do win our next three matches (against Falkirk, Dundee Utd and Celtic) then I might start believing again that 2nd place may be on. However, with the way things are going for us just now, I can only see us picking up 2/3 points from those matches.

You're right to say that things can change very quickly in football and maybe we will see a reaction from the players on Saturday, I certainly hope so.

HibeeDaz6270
24-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Am i right in thinking a Dundee Utd Celtic Final would mean european football for 5th place? If so, i wouldnt be too disapointed with 5th place.

gilliecabbage
25-03-2010, 04:28 AM
If we do win our next three matches (against Falkirk, Dundee Utd and Celtic) then I might start believing again that 2nd place may be on. However, with the way things are going for us just now, I can only see us picking up 2/3 points from those matches.

You're right to say that things can change very quickly in football and maybe we will see a reaction from the players on Saturday, I certainly hope so.
thats 2 or 3 points more than i reckon we will get.i think we will limp in 6th place unless we get our act together. its very possible we wont get another win this season.

PeterboroHibee
25-03-2010, 07:51 AM
For a team to get second they would have to go on a very impressive run between now and the end of the season, which just cant see. Hibs, Well and United arent too far off Celtic, but its still a decent lead they have.

Would say United have the best chance of doing it, epecially if they beat us next week, but like I say, is still unlikely.

Rossco442
25-03-2010, 07:56 AM
thats 2 or 3 points more than i reckon we will get.i think we will limp in 6th place unless we get our act together. its very possible we wont get another win this season.

Bollox. With the talent in our squad we will pick up points between now and end of the season. It just remains to be seen what of reaction we'll get from the players/Yogi on Saturday.;

The_Todd
25-03-2010, 07:57 AM
With all the negativity going around at the moment, both at Hibs and Scottish football as a whole, I may as well hope someone from either us, Motherwell or United can pip them to it.

It's a fairly large lead they've got, but not unsurmountable.

And yes, I know that our form is dire and it probably won't happen but if we don't have something to aim for, what's the point?

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 08:02 AM

Brave prediction.

I agree - Celtic will either finish 2nd or they won't. :wink:

Ritchie
25-03-2010, 08:17 AM
ive got a funny feeling ross county might beat celtic and put the final nail in moggas coffin!

just think its going to be one of those years! :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
25-03-2010, 08:43 AM
ive got a funny feeling ross county might beat celtic and put the final nail in moggas coffin!

Didn't another team from up that way do something similar for a previous Celtc manager, Mary Poppins? :dunno:

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 08:55 AM

just think its going to be one of those years! :rolleyes:

Not out with the realms of possibility. For guys like yourself, it would be worth a fiver on the fixed odds.

Expecting Rain
25-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Mowbray is far too revolutionary to succeed at Celtic, a club who demand instant success, it was only about 5 weeks ago that they threatened to hammer their champions elect rivals, it was also a few weeks ago that they were beaten by the same team only after having a man sent off, sure he has made some bad decisions along the way in his managerial career but his vision of the way the game should be played is truer than that of the likes of those who manage Stoke City and co, that would drive me away from football for good.
It wasn`t long ago that some Arsenal fans and a substantial section of the media were getting the stats out and suggesting Wenger had lost it and that it was time for change, now they can`t get enough of watching his team.
Yogi is cut from the same cloth regarding his footballing vision and philosophy and hopefully he will be giving time to shape and nurture the team in his own image.