PDA

View Full Version : From such a cr@p night last night...

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Tonight has been brill.

Huns out the cup and Tims gubbed by the saints:thumbsup:

Don-hibee
24-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Tonight has been brill.

:confused:That just makes last night harder to take :boo hoo::boo hoo:

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Know where your comin from, but still good news all round:agree:

Ed De Gramo
24-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Know where your comin from, but still good news all round:agree:

No really....one of the infirm knocked out and the other in disarray....Dundee Utd's cup this year....

Nakedmanoncrack
24-03-2010, 08:47 PM
:agree:
Can't take any pleasure from tonight to be honest, it just emphasises what an opportunity we have missed.

hibs0666
24-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Tonight has been brill.

Still sick to the pit of my stomach after last night.

K.Marx
24-03-2010, 08:52 PM
So if it's a Celtic/United final 5th will get a European place yes?

Bad Martini
24-03-2010, 08:56 PM
That's cheered me right up.....girfuy rangers and celtic ya bass

ENDOF

Moulin Yarns
24-03-2010, 09:09 PM

A Europa League place is vacated when a team qualify for both the Champions League and the Europa League, or qualify for the Europa League by more than one method. When a place is vacated, it is redistributed within the national association by the following rules:[4] (http://www.hibs.net/message/#cite_note-regulations-3)

When the domestic cup winners (considered as the "highest-placed" qualifier within the national association) also qualify for the Champions League, their Europa League place is vacated, and the remaining Europa League qualifiers are moved up one place, with the final place (with the earliest entrance) taken by the domestic cup runners-up, provided they do not already qualify for the Champions League or the Europa League. Otherwise, this place is taken by the highest-placed league finisher which do not qualify for the Europa League yet.
When the domestic cup winners also qualify for the Europa League through league position, their place through the league position is vacated, and the Europa League qualifiers which finish lower in the league are moved up one place, with the final place taken by the highest-placed league finisher which do not qualify for the Europa League yet.
A place vacated by the League Cup winners is taken by the highest-placed league finisher which do not qualify for the Europa League yet.
A Fair Play place is taken by the highest-ranked team in the domestic Fair Play table which do not qualify for the Champions League or Europa League yet.
If the Europa League title holders also qualify for the Champions League or the Europa League through domestic performance, their vacated place in the Europa League is not taken by any team.

Rory89
24-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Tonight's hilarity doesn't come close to making up for the shambles of the last few weeks and especially last night, but right now it's hard to see it that way. This is because of a hun mate of mine and how he acted last night.

I'm in my room nervously listening to the game on the radio before a night out, and my hun mate walks in to my room with 5 minutes to go. Not long after Ross County score and I'm hit with that sick, stomach turning feeling you get once a year at Hibs' annual Scottish Cup failure. My mate just looked at me and started pissing himself laughing, and then spent the rest of the night going completely over the line and royally taking the piss. Even my jambo mate was telling him to shut up.

Now I'm giving this guy absolute pelters, and it's *****ing priceless. He'll respond to my texts with things along the lines of "I feel sick", and because of last night I'm just keeping on with the piss take. I've rarely enjoyed another team's failure more, GIRUY :greengrin. If any of you have any messages for him, please let me know.

HibbyRod
24-03-2010, 09:13 PM
:agree:
Can't take any pleasure from tonight to be honest, it just emphasises what an opportunity we have missed.

Know what you mean NMoC! :agree:

But, the Currants knocked oot by Dundee Hibs!?? Canny be a'w that bad!!!!

Mind you ye'r right about us ! :boo hoo::boo hoo:

Moulin Yarns
24-03-2010, 09:15 PM

But would we want it? No!!

CB_NO3
24-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Am a bit gutted at tonights result really, with Rangers loosing we could have had a potential Cup Final against Raith or United.

Lmc2105
24-03-2010, 09:21 PM
No really....one of the infirm knocked out and the other in disarray....Dundee Utd's cup this year....

I agree with you Gramo and to be honest and they deserve it good luck to them :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Im even more gutted after tonight :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
24-03-2010, 09:54 PM

Celtic v Dundee Utd-If Celtic and Dundee Utd both finish in the top four then 5th place would get a European place.

Celtic v Raith Rovers-Raith Rovers would get into Europe, regardless of whether or not they won the cup. No place in Europe for 5th place.

Dundee Utd v Ross County-Ross County would get into Europe, regardless of whether or not they won the cup. No place in Europe for 5th place.

Raith Rovers v Ross County-Winners of the cup will get into Europe. No place in Europe for 5th place.

ballengeich
24-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Dundee Utd v Ross County-Ross County would get into Europe, regardless of whether or not they won the cup. No place in Europe for 5th place.

That's not correct. If DU won and finished 3rd or 4th, then 5th place in the league would get the last place. The runners-up only get a place if the winners have qualified for the Champions' League.

See post 9 in this thread to see how simple the rules are :greengrin.

Vince White
24-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Tonight has been brill.

Doesn't even come close to making up for last night. I couldn't care less TBH.

Sir David Gray
24-03-2010, 10:49 PM
That's not correct.

See post 9 in this thread to see how simple the rules are :greengrin.

Yes it is.

See post 9, bullet point two, to see how simple the rules are. :greengrin

:wink:

monktonharp
25-03-2010, 12:31 AM
can the ****bos get the fair play place:devil:

Moulin Yarns
25-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Yes it is.

See post 9, bullet point two, to see how simple the rules are. :greengrin

:wink:

My post 9 was taken from Wiki so may be wrong, I couldn't find it on Uefa or SFA sites

PeterboroHibee
25-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Celtics result is amusing, but the United result just makes us getting put out of the cup even worse imo.

Just cant believe the chance we had, and only the 'weaker' half of the OF left in it, you honestly cant ask for more in a cup run...

Houchy
25-03-2010, 08:01 AM
can the ****bos get the fair play place:devil:

It pains me to say it but they'll probably get in through 5th place, the way we're going just now.:boo hoo:

TornadoHibby
25-03-2010, 11:26 AM

:top marks

Exactly as our prospects for winning the Cup jumped in our favour had we managed to beat Ross County on Tuesday night!

Don't think we are capable of beating Rangers this season but if we could defend, hold and control the midfield better then we can beat any other team in the SPL IMO! :agree:

The difficulty at the moment is the lack of fight, desire, will to win at all costs, tactics and until these are resolved, perhaps by a new manager or a player clear out or both as a change in attitude from the current incumbents seems unlikely baring in mind how long its been going on now, we will continue to lose games we really should be capable of winning! :grr:

Sir David Gray
25-03-2010, 10:27 PM
My post 9 was taken from Wiki so may be wrong, I couldn't find it on Uefa or SFA sites

You're not wrong.

If the Scottish Cup finalists qualify for either the Champions League or the Europa League through their league placing then the 5th placed side in the SPL will get into the Europa League next season.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s69