PDA

View Full Version : Mowbray gone; Neil Lennon in. All Confirmed (merged)

allmodcons
24-03-2010, 09:35 PM
4-0 SM.

Soapdodgers have even less patience than some of the Hibby posters on here.

How much longer will he last ?

hibee_boy
24-03-2010, 09:39 PM
could he be out tonight/tomorrow?

.Sean.
24-03-2010, 09:39 PM
:violin:

Get it right ****ing up ye Mowbray ya Celtic fanny :bye:

Latapy1911
24-03-2010, 09:40 PM
when was the last time one of the oldfirm lost 4-0 or higher to a diddy team?

.Sean.
could he be out tonight/tomorrow?
Frank Macca saying he needs to go as the job is too big for him.

HibeeMcGinn1
only kidding :greengrin

.Sean.
24-03-2010, 09:41 PM
only kidding :greengrin
Was gonna say, kiddo :faf:

Baader
Might not be at Parkhead that's for sure. That one won't go down well. The Huns beat them with only 9 men...

hibee_boy

was just about to post that very question?

cant think of another scoreline in recent history similar to this one.

HibeeMcGinn1
24-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Was gonna say, kiddo :faf:

just thought id try crack a smile. come on yoooooouuuuuu saaaaaaiiiiiiiints

col02
24-03-2010, 09:42 PM
No ta, our defence might be toiling the now but imagine it with Saint Tony back at the helm! :bitchy:

Pedantic_Hibee
24-03-2010, 09:43 PM

Artmedia Bratislava? :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
24-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Dundee beat Celtic 5-1 circa 1980 and Aberdeen beat the Huns by the same a few years later. I think those may be the last instances of Scottish diddies beating an OF team by that sort of score. They've beaten each other and been done often enough in Europe, of course.

YouTube - Dundee 5 Celtic 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1N-cKvg5lw)

YouTube - 1984-85 Aberdeen 5 Rangers 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG5cV9MrBrA)

Baader
24-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Least Mowbray would sort out the 'keeper crisis' at ER... :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Jim44
24-03-2010, 09:46 PM
No chance of Mowbray going or being sacked. They've invested too much in him to let him go. They've allowed him to radically change the team and also have super duper Keane. To sack him or let him walk would mean their own resignation.

hibee_girl
24-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Hope they keep Mowbray until after next Sunday :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
No chance of Mowbray going or being sacked. They've invested too much in him to let him go. They've allowed him to radically change the team and also have super duper Keane. To sack him or let him walk would mean their own resignation.

I think I agree. He has to win the Scottish Cup though, particularly now that the Huns are out.

NOLA
celtics biggest defeat against a scottish team bar gers for 30 years!

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 09:48 PM

You could well be right there and I, for one, am happy to see them stumble along with Nobrain at the helm.:agree:

Westie1875
24-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I think I agree. He has to win the Scottish Cup though, particularly now that the Huns are out.

I think Utd will win the cup.

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Mowbray;

'they scored from their first attack'
'we had enough chances to win'

On the gap with Rangers;
'maybe its a league for playing negative football':greengrin

HibeeUnderwood
24-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Cheerio Tony :bye:

Well I reckon anyway :devil:

Supraninja
24-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I think Utd will win the cup.
I hope Utd. will win the cup. Gonna go look for some shooting stars to wish upon...

CabbageLuver
24-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Celtic being as bad as they are....getting humped 4 zip by St Mirren tonight, and with Rangers getting beat by Dundee Utd tonight am I the only one thinking what could have been? this could so easily have been our year.....Celtic would have been there for the taking on the semi......WE WILL NEVER HAVE A GREATER CHANCE!

Part/Time Supporter
24-03-2010, 09:56 PM
It's not nice to kick him while he's down, but I couldn't resist.

:wink: :greengrin :fishin:

Just a thought, given the young players who came through at that time and so on, and what a Rex Hunt he is making of the Celtc job.

Spike Mandela
24-03-2010, 09:57 PM
For Saints to produce a performance like that after what must have been a crushing blow on Sunday should give us inspiration for the rest of the season.

C'MON HIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

DC_Hibs
24-03-2010, 09:57 PM

You think?
Even with only one champions league spot available for season 2011/12.
He will be lucky to even get a few months next season if this form continues.

Westie1875
24-03-2010, 09:59 PM
It's not nice to kick him while he's down, but I couldn't resist.

:wink: :greengrin :fishin:

Just a thought, given the young players who came through at that time and so on, and what a Rex Hunt he is making of the Celtc job.

Short answer, yes. :agree:

JC finished the job off nicely however, I'm glad TM left when he did, otherwise we would never have won that cup. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
24-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Celtic being as bad as they are....getting humped 4 zip by St Mirren tonight, and with Rangers getting beat by Dundee Utd tonight am I the only one thinking what could have been? this could so easily have been our year.....Celtic would have been there for the taking on the semi......WE WILL NEVER HAVE A GREATER CHANCE!

Nope at no point in the two games against Ross County were we the better team. The better side won. We will have other chances.

keep the faith
Mowbray;

'they scored from their first attack'
'we had enough chances to win'

On the gap with Rangers;

What a fan dan!

hibee_girl
Frank McAvennie's great 'what planet is Tony on?' :faf:

Baader
24-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Wouldn't be so sure either about Mogga avoiding the bullet. That result will not have down well at all. A lot of fans happy to see the back of him.

HibbyRod
24-03-2010, 10:03 PM

No you're no the only one... not by a LLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGG WWWWAAAAYYYY! :bitchy: :dummytit:

silverhibee
24-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Hope they keep Mowbray until after next Sunday :greengrin

Then sack him after Hibs have gubbed them.:thumbsup:

HibbyRod
24-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Nope at no point in the two games against Ross County were we the better team. The better side won. We will have other chances.

Eh.....which of your last two posts is your opinion?????

Cocaine&Caviar
24-03-2010, 10:08 PM
I'd take him back :agree:

1,500 Hibs.net posts!

silverhibee
24-03-2010, 10:08 PM
What a fan dan!

I thought Hibsbollah was a decent poster as well, nae need for that.:thumbsup: :faf:

IWasThere2016
24-03-2010, 10:15 PM

They're playing to fewer of the "world's greatest" as the week's past.

Their ST sales are in a slump.
IMHO they cannae afford to persevere wi Monkeyheid for too long!

Hakim Sar
24-03-2010, 10:21 PM
i am sure hearts beat celtic 3-0 at tynecastle

we beat rangers 0-3 twice at ibrox

kilmarnock beat rangers 0-3 at ibrox circa lorenzo amoruso time period

have aberdeen not given one of them a spanking like a 4-1 or something in last 3 years?????

mogga is just a weirdo

new malkyhib
24-03-2010, 10:23 PM

no you ain't the only one Cabbage.:grr:

Spike Mandela
24-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Eh.....which of your last two posts is your opinion?????

Simply stating my opinion that Ross County were the better team over the two ties but St Mirren's result should give us hope in how to recover from a crushing defeat.

Not two different opinions is it:confused::rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
24-03-2010, 10:37 PM
I think a simple 1-0 or maybe even 2-0 victory for St Mirren might not have been too damaging but I fully expect that to have been Mowbray's final game in charge.

There is no way that the Celtic fans will accept a 4-0 drubbing by St Mirren.

I think there will be a "mutual consent" statement in the morning.

cocopops1875
24-03-2010, 10:37 PM
i am sure hearts beat celtic 3-0 at tynecastle

we beat rangers 0-3 twice at ibrox

kilmarnock beat rangers 0-3 at ibrox circa lorenzo amoruso time period

have aberdeen not given one of them a spanking like a 4-1 or something in last 3 years?????

mogga is just a weirdo

At the risk of being an a**e all of the above would be a 3 goal difference thus not a 4 goal so kinda wonder what your point is :confused:

wpj
24-03-2010, 10:38 PM

100% agree

HibbyRod
24-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Simply stating my opinion that Ross County were the better team over the two ties but St Mirren's result should give us hope in how to recover from a crushing defeat.

Not two different opinions is it:confused::rolleyes:

I agree Spike!

Sorry, if I misunderstood your original post! :greengrin

LOL! :thumbsup:

Dalkeith
24-03-2010, 10:47 PM
I think a simple 1-0 or maybe even 2-0 victory for St Mirren might not have been too damaging but I fully expect that to have been Mowbray's final game in charge.

There is no way that the Celtic fans will accept a 4-0 drubbing by St Mirren.

I think there will be a "mutual consent" statement in the morning.

ESPN more or less said same thing

Diclonius
24-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Reckon they'll sack him within the next 24 hours?

monktonharp
24-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Celtic and Mowbray will be like de'Valera and Collins,in Irish terms.the parting of the ways. and very soon,as I've thought for a while. where's Jack?

hibsdaft
25-03-2010, 12:16 AM
On the gap with Rangers;

did he really say that? thats unreal!!

greenlex
25-03-2010, 12:18 AM
If we are feeling bad after last night think how pissed off the Buddies fans must be. They will be thinking whythe **** did they not finish their chances like that on Sunday in the final.

crewetollhibee
25-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Dundee beat Celtic 5-1 circa 1980 and Aberdeen beat the Huns by the same a few years later. I think those may be the last instances of Scottish diddies beating an OF team by that sort of score. They've beaten each other and been done often enough in Europe, of course.

YouTube - Dundee 5 Celtic 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1N-cKvg5lw)

YouTube - 1984-85 Aberdeen 5 Rangers 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG5cV9MrBrA)
By Christ that's cheered me up. Anyone else spot Dundee's not so youthful left-back ? RIP Mr S.

IWasThere2016
25-03-2010, 12:32 AM
did he really say that? thats unreal!!

Quoted on the Beeb as spouting this pish:

.. Mowbray suggested the success of Walter Smith's side was down to "negative" football.

"Rangers have been very consistent - they haven't lost four goals in any game," said Mowbray. "They set up differently - maybe that's the way to go. "Maybe it isn't a league for trying to force the game and be expansive - maybe it is a league for playing defensive, negative football and having quality up front to counter-attack."

:faf: What a tool! It's called playing to your strengths Tony! Sometimes the theory needs horsed oot the windae and you need to go against your views and pick the horses for courses route.

Diclonius
25-03-2010, 12:51 AM
"Rangers have been very consistent - they haven't lost four goals in any game," said Mowbray.

Nor has any OF side for decades until now.

What's his point?

Brando7
25-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Quoted on the Beeb as spouting this pish:

.. Mowbray suggested the success of Walter Smith's side was down to "negative" football.

"Rangers have been very consistent - they haven't lost four goals in any game," said Mowbray. "They set up differently - maybe that's the way to go. "Maybe it isn't a league for trying to force the game and be expansive - maybe it is a league for playing defensive, negative football and having quality up front to counter-attack."

:faf: What a tool! It's called playing to your strengths Tony! Sometimes the theory needs horsed oot the windae and you need to go against your views and pick the horses for courses route.

I have to agree with TM on this one

SPL teams do not play fancy football, most teams graft & battle for points where TM is trying to get them to pass the ball into the net

Maybe he should try spain if he want to try apply his fancy football philosophy cause it certanly wont ever work in the SPL

P45 in the morning

brydekirk
25-03-2010, 07:40 AM
I have to agree with TM on this one

SPL teams do not play fancy football, most teams graft & battle for points where TM is trying to get them to pass the ball into the net

Maybe he should try spain if he want to try apply his fancy football philosophy cause it certanly wont ever work in the SPL

P45 in the morning
the same could be said about oor team.

SRHibs
25-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Not really. We play ***** and football AND we're absolutely rank. The flair football is just a myth this season unfortunately.
From what I saw of the highlights of the St Mirren - Celtic game, St Mirren played some great football at times. Seems strange that they're not being lauded as the Scottish Barcelona now.

KerPlunk
25-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Not really. We play ***** and football AND we're absolutely rank. The flair football is just a myth this season unfortunately.
From what I saw of the highlights of the St Mirren - Celtic game, St Mirren played some great football at times. Seems strange that they're not being lauded as the Scottish Barcelona now.

It's well earned - yon laddie Billy Messimet up front is brillyunt. :wink:

weonlywon6-2
25-03-2010, 09:00 AM
was just about to post that very question?

cant think of another scoreline in recent history similar to this one.

dundee beat them at dens 5-1 in 1980 i think

:faf::faf::faf:

khib70
25-03-2010, 09:20 AM
From Mowbray, in the Hootsmon this morning:-

"It's obviously not a great result, but there were positive reasons why it was a negative result"

:faf::faf::blah::blah::dizzy::clown::crazy::crazy:

Steve-O
25-03-2010, 09:26 AM
From Mowbray, in the Hootsmon this morning:-

"It's obviously not a great result, but there were positive reasons why it was a negative result"

:faf::faf::blah::blah::dizzy::clown::crazy::crazy:

He's completely lost it.

A sad end to a promising career.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Celtic and Mowbray will be like de'Valera and Collins,in Irish terms.the parting of the ways. and very soon,as I've thought for a while. where's Jack?

:greengrin Hullo!

He'll be gone soon, although he should take Lawwell and Reid with him.

Will they bag him? Well if rumours are true then he had already agreed to go in May, but our board may just get rid of sooner when they see a mass of green seats on Saturday. Strangely, I'm actually looking forwarrd to going on Saturday now. :confused:

Anyway, the man is a buffoon and his team selection last night plus his interview afterwards were baffling. He actually looks as if he's having a nervous breakdown.

All the best to Ross County in the final.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 09:40 AM
dundee beat them at dens 5-1 in 1980 i think

:faf::faf::faf:

I was there. :agree: Major rammy outside afterwards, as was the norm back in those days.

We went onto win the Scottish Cup that year and the huns came 5th. :thumbsup:

khib70
25-03-2010, 09:41 AM

Will they bag him? Well if rumours are true then he had already agreed to go in May, but our board may just get rid of sooner when they see a mass of green seats on Saturday. Strangely, I'm actually looking forwarrd to going on Saturday now. :confused:

Anyway, the man is a buffoon and his team selection last night plus his interview afterwards were baffling. He actually looks as if he's having a nervous breakdown.

Hullo yersel!

Fair play to you for showing up on this of all days.

:tin hat:Is it strapped on tightly?:cool2:

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 09:42 AM

1. It was worth watching the highlights just to see the look on his puss when it was (I think) 3-0. Gob wider open than the Forth.

2. Does anyone want to win the Scottish Cup this year???

:greengrin

The_Todd
25-03-2010, 09:44 AM

Hullo!

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Hullo yersel!

Fair play to you for showing up on this of all days.

:tin hat:Is it strapped on tightly?:cool2:

No really that hard to be honest, as its well deserved. Most tims would agree with me here.

I actually found last night a bit cathartic, in that it could be the nadir, the bottoming out, the Caley thistle moment when the board realise he has to go and also to make a decent appointment and concentrate on football manners as opposed to all manner of other distractions.

We've had a night like last night coming for some time now. The board will act, they're not daft. When a lynch mob of about 200 is at Celtic Park waiting on the team bus coming back (with Mowbray Out banners), then through self preservation, they'll act and bag him.

1875er
25-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Nice welcome back to Darkheid for the team bus last night... shouting abuse and one fingered salutes ... greatest fans in the world right enough.:grr::grr::grr:

1875er
25-03-2010, 09:48 AM
No really that hard to be honest, as its well deserved. Most tims would agree with me here.

I actually found last night a bit cathartic, in that it could be the nadir, the bottoming out, the Caley thistle moment when the board realise he has to go and also to make a decent appointment and concentrate on football manners as opposed to all manner of other distractions.

We've had a night like last night coming for some time now. The board will act, they're not daft. When a lynch mob of about 200 is at Celtic Park waiting on the team bus coming back (with Mowbray Out banners), then through self preservation, they'll act and bag him.

Jack... fair play to you for showing face today...out of interest if Mogga gets the chop who would you like to see brought in?

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Maybe it isn't a league for trying to force the game and be expansive - maybe it is a league for playing defensive, negative football and having quality up front to counter-attack

Very true. It won't help him keep his job but he's hit the nail on the head IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Nice welcome back to Darkheid for the team bus last night... shouting abuse and one fingered salutes ... greatest fans in the world right enough.:grr::grr::grr:

I don't think we're in any position to shake our heads!

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 09:51 AM

As opposed to blind loyalty of course. :rolleyes:

Good fans show passion and will be the instigators of change. if that impromptu demo helps the bord to act, then its been a sign of good and constructive support and has teh clubs best interests at heart.

Of course, silence, blind loyalty or apathy makes yo a better supporter...

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Jack... fair play to you for showing face today...out of interest if Mogga gets the chop who would you like to see brought in?

Paul Lambert, depsite what he says about not coming back to sCotland, his wife still lives in Renfrewshire. Actually heard he's been approached

Mark Hughes - maybe unrealistic, but he's out of work and I don't see many jobs (maybe Wets Ham) coming up soon.

Either that or some foreigner that no-one has really heard of, but has quietly done a job and built up a decent track record.

Someone on CelticMinded says that Curbishley has been sounded out and this guy is a close friend of John Hartson.

Expecting Rain
25-03-2010, 09:55 AM
In my 40+ years of watching Hibs, Mowbray`s team was one of the most exciting teams to watch, it is hard to believe the lack of respect which is shown to him by some Hibs fans, his legacy has been a positive one, he brought certain players to prominence and they were eventually sold on to alleviate the huge debt that we had, we stopped training on public parks and now train at East Mains the envy of a lot of clubs and have a more professional approach as a consequence.
If Yogi is successful at Easter Road and he needs to find reasons to justify a move to a bigger club, all he has to do is read some of the derogatory and disrespectful threads about being thick and not being as articulate as Wenger or Jose.

1875er
25-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Paul Lambert, depsite what he says about not coming back to sCotland, his wife still lives in Renfrewshire. Actually heard he's been approached

Mark Hughes - maybe unrealistic, but he's out of work and I don't see many jobs (maybe Wets Ham) coming up soon.

Either that or some foreigner that no-one has really heard of, but has quietly done a job and built up a decent track record.

Someone on CelticMinded says that Curbishley has been sounded out and this guy is a close friend of John Hartson.

Paul Lambert is a good shout as has done wonders at Norwich... would he big a big enough name though and would he maybe be seen as too similar to Mogga???

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 10:05 AM
In my 40+ years of watching Hibs, Mowbray`s team was one of the most exciting teams to watch, it is hard to believe the lack of respect which is shown to him by some Hibs fans, his legacy has been a positive one, he brought certain players to prominence and they were eventually sold on to alleviate the huge debt that we had, we stopped training on public parks and now train at East Mains the envy of a lot of clubs and have a more professional approach as a consequence.
If Yogi is successful at Easter Road and he needs to find reasons to justify a move to a bigger club, all he has to do is read some of the derogatory and disrespectful threads about being thick and not being as articulate as Wenger or Jose.

:top marks

khib70
25-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Paul Lambert is a good shout as has done wonders at Norwich... would he big a big enough name though and would he maybe be seen as too similar to Mogga???
Fair shout. But how long will it take for McGoo to see his opportunity and start giving interviews about how wonderful Celtc are. Or for Owen"show me the money" Coyle to start rabbitting about his boyhood love of the unwashed?

Over on Anysparechangenthat.com they look to favour Lambert or Mark Hughes. Since both of them would do a good job, I hope they have a total brainstorm and appoint McGoo.

Expecting Rain
25-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Fair shout. But how long will it take for McGoo to see his opportunity and start giving interviews about how wonderful Celtc are. Or for Owen"show me the money" Coyle to start rabbitting about his boyhood love of the unwashed?

Over on Anysparechangenthat.com they look to favour Lambert or Mark Hughes. Since both of them would do a good job, I hope they have a total brainstorm and appoint McGoo.

McGhee the flip side of Mowbray, he is the greatest manager that never was, in his own mind of course, i`ve never seen anyone as egotistical or self centred as this guy ( sorry i forgot Souness). Laszlo will be waitng in the wings and the press and post match interviews will be interesting.:wink:

1875er
25-03-2010, 10:41 AM

More chance of me getting that gig than McGoo... think Coyle would be a non starter as wouldnt look good having three clubs in about 6 months on your CV....

Don't think Hughes would touch the job... personally I can't see past Lambert.

khib70
25-03-2010, 10:44 AM

Ooer, high horse alert:greengrin

Wholeheartedly agree with the bit in bold. However, he's (at least until lunchtime) the manager of Celtc and its not unreasonable to expect him to get a bit of stick on a Hibs board.

Fact is that what were minor eccentricities in his time at ER have expanded in to full-blown wackiness at Darkheid due to the job simply being too much for him. Going to six up top at 2-0 down is the sign of someone managing from Planet Woowoo. The last time Celtc took such a royal humping outside of OF games, Erich Schaedler was playing for the opposition.

Tony Mowbray is a thoroughly good guy with well-intentioned but naive ideas on how to play the game at the top level.

MussyHibby
25-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Tony Mowbray is a thoroughly good guy with well-intentioned but naive ideas on how to play the game at the top level.

It was TM's way of playing football that encouraged me to return to ER with my son as a ST holder. I met him once with my son and he was a gentleman too.

I wish him well, I really do, albeit I wish he wasn't the manager of Celtic. Naive? Yes, probably, but he is still learning management and the pressure, the demand for success that the 'tic fans expect - and the bile that comes from some - is maybe too much for him. That said, I fully expect him to remain manager at Parkhead.

poolman
25-03-2010, 11:00 AM

Would that be the same respect he showed Hibs at the start of the season with that after match huddle :rolleyes:

Expecting Rain
25-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Would that be the same respect he showed Hibs at the start of the season with that after match huddle :rolleyes:

An after match huddle negates the all good work done at Easter Road in his time here, opinions eh..........................

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 11:07 AM
An after match huddle negates the all good work done at Easter Road in his time here, opinions eh..........................

:agree: One of the biggest over-reactions seen on hibs.net. Ever.

Expecting Rain
25-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Ooer, high horse alert:greengrin

Wholeheartedly agree with the bit in bold. However, he's (at least until lunchtime) the manager of Celtc and its not unreasonable to expect him to get a bit of stick on a Hibs board.

Fact is that what were minor eccentricities in his time at ER have expanded in to full-blown wackiness at Darkheid due to the job simply being too much for him. Going to six up top at 2-0 down is the sign of someone managing from Planet Woowoo. The last time Celtc took such a royal humping outside of OF games, Erich Schaedler was playing for the opposition.

Some would argue that Wenger is naive as well, there`s no limit is there, if Barcelona don`t win La Liga or The Champions league .campnou will be full of Catalonians expressing the same opinions no doubt.:blah:

Judas Iscariot
25-03-2010, 11:08 AM
:monkey:

Westie1875
25-03-2010, 11:10 AM

I credit JC for a lot of what we have achieved as well, the sales of KT, Brown & Whitty all went through when he was in charge and if it hadn't been for his attitude and Petrie's bargaining we would not have got nearly as much for them. He also contributed a lot to getting East Mains up and running, and has shown Hibs nothing but respect since leaving.

Vince White
25-03-2010, 11:11 AM

Good on them I say. Unacceptable results SHOULD prompt demonstrable anger from the fans. I'd say the Hibs players might have benefited from a similar reception when they got back to ER from Dingwall. Might actually have made them understand how much their dismal efforts are embarrassing the fans.

khib70
25-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Some would argue that Wenger is naive as well, there`s no limit is there, if Barcelona don`t win La Liga or The Champions league .campnou will be full of Catalonians expressing the same opinions no doubt.:blah:
If they argue that, then they're wrong. Wenger is a very clever and sophisticated individual who is in love with the beautiful game but is not afraid to mix it when necessary. He plays whatever way is necessary because he understands the nature of the league he is in. Likewise Pep Guardiola.

Mowbray has done nothing to put him anywhere near their level and pursues his ideals regardless of the hard facts staring him in the face.

But from a Hibs point of view he produced some fine things and I certainly haven't forgotten them because of some silly after-match stunt. With him in charge we might not conquer the world, but we'd certainly fill that nice new stand, and people would start leaving the ground with a smile on their faces once again.

Swedish hibee
25-03-2010, 11:15 AM
I wonder why everyone (apart from Henrik..but was **** at first), who goes to Celtic then turns out to be absolute shiiite???
Don't care bout Celtic..I'm just thinking out loud instead of working!

Tuesday night.. suicidal.. then wednesday night :faf:

Football.. funny old game right?? :wink:

Vince White
25-03-2010, 11:15 AM

Couldn't agree more. Mowbray brought us back the respect we'd lost long ago and apart from the first couple of months of the Collins reign we've never played such good football since, nor come close to finishing third or even fourth. Celtic was the wrong move for him but I'd love to see him back at ER.

(((Fergus)))
25-03-2010, 11:16 AM

http://i39.tinypic.com/29beo47.jpg

Expecting Rain
25-03-2010, 11:24 AM
If they argue that, then they're wrong. Wenger is a very clever and sophisticated individual who is in love with the beautiful game but is not afraid to mix it when necessary. He plays whatever way is necessary because he understands the nature of the league he is in. Likewise Pep Guardiola.

Mowbray has done nothing to put him anywhere near their level and pursues his ideals regardless of the hard facts staring him in the face.

But from a Hibs point of view he produced some fine things and I certainly haven't forgotten them because of some silly after-match stunt. With him in charge we might not conquer the world, but we'd certainly fill that nice new stand, and people would start leaving the ground with a smile on their faces once again.

C`mon now, don`t get me started, i`m not suggesting Yogi is up there with Wenger or Guardiola, i do agree both Yogi and Tony seem like strangers to a bit of compromise much like your hero JC, amen.:cool2:

Cinntwamob
25-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Shove yer early season huddle right up his monkey heided mediocre person.

Taxi for mowbray:-)

sven nil
25-03-2010, 11:44 AM
By Christ that's cheered me up. Anyone else spot Dundee's not so youthful left-back ? RIP Mr S.

yes, eric i reconised the throw right away blast from the past!

Viva_Palmeiras
25-03-2010, 11:53 AM
They're playing to fewer of the "world's greatest" as the week's past.

Their ST sales are in a slump.
IMHO they cannae afford to persevere wi Monkeyheid for too long!

"We shall not
We shall not be moved"

And the songs fell suddenly quiet...

hibee_girl
25-03-2010, 12:24 PM
I credit JC for a lot of what we have achieved as well, the sales of KT, Brown & Whitty all went through when he was in charge and if it hadn't been for his attitude and Petrie's bargaining we would not have got nearly as much for them. He also contributed a lot to getting East Mains up and running, and has shown Hibs nothing but respect since leaving.

:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 01:07 PM

That is saying something.

Anyhow, I thought that huddle nonsense was only memorable for Stack taking the piss out of it.

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 01:08 PM
That is saying something.

Anyhow, I thought that huddle nonsense was only memorable for Stack taking the piss out of it.

:agree: That's what I was thinking when I typed it.

Hibby D
25-03-2010, 01:27 PM

:top marks (except for the bit in bold as I'm younger than you :greengrin)

God Petrie
25-03-2010, 01:30 PM

JC resigned the day after East Mains was opened turning what should have been a milestone for the club into a crisis. A lot worse than some huddle at ER in my opinion.

Dan Sarf
25-03-2010, 01:31 PM

Spot on.

Speedway
25-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Mowbray has left the building, according to another fans forum on the net.

Mikey
25-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Mowbray has left the building, according to another fans forum on the net.

Also mentioned in a far flung corner on here earlier today.

The Voice Of Reason
25-03-2010, 01:55 PM

Agreed :agree: :top marks

Speedway
25-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Also mentioned in a far flung corner on here earlier today.

Just checked, so it has. :wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Reading that trumpet James Traynor in the ****** he is saying "go now" eh? WTF!, are you a director ya radge?, what gives Traynor the divine right to say things like that?, astonishing weegie journalism, as if the in firm have no right to get beat or play crap now and again, all the usual pish to appease the great unwashed, FWIW why didn't he come out and say to Hughes "go now" after that debacle on Tuesday? that's right, nothing else matters eh?, what a prize fanny!, and I've just emailed to tell him all this as well

:bitchy: :grr:

Mikey
25-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Just checked, so it has. :wink:

SSN reporting that he's meeting with Peter Lawell later today.

Speedway
25-03-2010, 02:04 PM
SSN reporting that he's meeting with Peter Lawell later today.

Radio 5 live reporting the 'rumour' just now that Mowbray won't be in charge for the semi.

Allant1981
25-03-2010, 02:06 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/29beo47.jpg (http://i39.tinypic.com/29beo47.jpg)

im surprised they managed to spell mowbray correctly, someone must have done it for them

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Reading that trumpet James Traynor in the ****** he is saying "go now" eh? WTF!, are you a director ya radge?, what gives Traynor the divine right to say things like that?, astonishing weegie journalism, as if the in firm have no right to get beat or play crap now and again, all the usual pish to appease the great unwashed, FWIW why didn't he come out and say to Hughes "go now" after that debacle on Tuesday? that's right, nothing else matters eh?, what a prize fanny!, and I've just emailed to tell him all this as well

:bitchy: :grr:

Like it or not, there is a difference between Hibs losing 2-1 v Ross County and Celtic losing 4-0 v St. Mirren. If the papers called for a Hibs manager to get sacked every time they lost to a "provincial club" (for want of a better expression), they would be doing it once a month on average.

Journos will also be saying / writing that now because they will have been given the nod by senior folk at Celtc that Mowbray is going to be sacked / consented.

Vince White
25-03-2010, 02:17 PM
JC resigned the day after East Mains was opened turning what should have been a milestone for the club into a crisis. A lot worse than some huddle at ER in my opinion.

The flip side of that is you could say at least he waited until after the official opening, thus allowing Hibs to garner a lot of positive press coverage. His resignation came as a bit of a surprise, but we were on a run of 'form' even worse than the current run and, like now, were showing little sign of improvement. I still think it's pity it didn't work out for Collins at Hibs.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Radio 5 live reporting the 'rumour' just now that Mowbray won't be in charge for the semi.

It's happening. The signal for stuff going down at Celtic Park has been given........

Yup...the Burger Van at the bottowm of the Car Park has opened. :agree:

Love the Green
25-03-2010, 02:29 PM
4-0 SM.

Soapdodgers have even less patience than some of the Hibby posters on here.

How much longer will he last ?

WHO GIVE S A ****...THIS IS A HIBS SITE AND WE HAVE ENOUGH TO WORRY ABOUT WITHOUT DISCUSSING THE OLD FIRM OR ANY OTHER TEAMS....

"KEEP THE FAITH":wink:

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 02:30 PM
It's happening. The signal for stuff going down at Celtic Park has been given........

:hilarious Is it blowing smoke signals?

Martin
25-03-2010, 02:32 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2907256/Boss-Mowbray-leaves-Celtic.html

BoltonHibee
25-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Not surprised that he gone/ going. He had one season to win the title back in reality from a Rangers side who have won it with a lot to spare.

Celtic have gone backwards some distance since Strachan left. No excuses he has cocked up big time there!

If it wasn't for the indifference in 3rd 4th and perhaps 5th placed sides, Celtic would be quite a bit further down the table.

Good time to bring in a new face, see out the campaign, who they want to keep, who they want to bin and target new faces.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 02:37 PM
:hilarious Is it blowing smoke signals?

Last Saturday's left over chip fat back in the frier = Black Smoke = Tony "On the chin" Mowbray is back driving down the m6 tonight and gets to enjoy the delights of Warwick as opposed to 30,000 Tims giving him pelters. :greengrin

Joe Baker II
25-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Most managers of SPL clubs would be under pressure after a 4-0 defeat by St Mirren, much as I like Mowbray will not be surprised if the rumours are true.

PC Stamp
25-03-2010, 02:44 PM
im surprised they managed to spell mowbray correctly, someone must have done it for them

Can't really tell 100% from the way the banner is being held. It probably says Mowbary!

Or Mowbaay ... or Mowbrry! :greengrin

Allant1981
25-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Can't really tell 100% from the way the banner is being held. It probably says Mowbary!

Or Mowbaay ... or Mowbrry! :greengrin

true, i was just guessing they got it right

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 02:47 PM

A sign of a really big club that, having a burger van outside the ground 24/7.

There's only normally a van outside ER on matchday; just now it's there every day for the workies on the stand.

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2010, 02:49 PM
A sign of a really big club that, having a burger van outside the ground 24/7.

There's only normally a van outside ER on matchday; just now it's there every day for the workies on the stand.

There's been a bacon roll van outside ER on non-matchdays for years.

BIG club. :smug:

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 02:50 PM
There's been a bacon roll van outside ER on non-matchdays for years.

BIG club. :smug:

You would have thought they would have moved through to Riccarton a couple of years ago for the "Nade trade".

Mind you, that's assuming that Nade pays for his burgers.

Allant1981
25-03-2010, 02:51 PM
You would have thought they would have moved through to Riccarton a couple of years ago for the "Nade trade".

Mind you, that's assuming that Nade pays for his burgers.

he has bought that many he now gets them for nothing

Thecat23
25-03-2010, 02:54 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2907256/Mowbray-leaves-Celtic.html (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2907256/Mowbray-leaves-Celtic.html)

Not sure if it's 100% as it's the sun!

Mikey
25-03-2010, 02:56 PM
SSN saying that the players have been told that Mowbray is away and Neil Lennon is in as temporary manager.

Still nothing official.

dawn
25-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Nail Lennon in! Reported SSN

hibiedude
25-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Sky sport news saying mowbray has gone and Neil Lennon taking temp charge

s.a.m
25-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Radio 5 saying he's away, along with all of his backroom team......

MWHIBBIES
25-03-2010, 02:59 PM
The ginger nazi returns.

RickyS
25-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Nail Lennon in! Reported SSN

Lost a lot of respect for the man, in fact all respect when he huddled at ER, so good riddance Tony:greengrin

Brando7
25-03-2010, 03:03 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8586352.stm

MB62
25-03-2010, 03:04 PM
As it says on the tin, Mowbray has been sacked by the CELTC BOARD

greenlex
25-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I knew this was coming. He has tried to resign a couple of times in the recent past as he hates the intrusion into his private life when out and about. I bet he is delighted.

God Petrie
25-03-2010, 03:07 PM
He has too much honesty and integrity for those rats

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:08 PM
The ginger nazi returns.

:confused:

The Voice Of Reason
25-03-2010, 03:08 PM
He has too much honesty and integrity for those rats

MWHIBBIES
25-03-2010, 03:09 PM
I know hes not german its just a joke.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:09 PM
I knew this was coming. He has tried to resign a couple of times in the recent past as he hates the intrusion into his private life when out and about. I bet he is delighted.

He lives in rural England!!! Warwick to be precise!!!

He was out his depth and he knew it.

greenlex
25-03-2010, 03:10 PM

So he could walk about no problem when up here then?

Brando7
25-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Lennon n Lambert dream team till end of season :greengrin

RoslinInstHibby
25-03-2010, 03:13 PM
As it says on the tin, Mowbray has been sacked by the CELTC BOARD

as was venus etc as celtic will never let you walk alone.....

MSK
25-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Lennon n Lambert dream team till end of season :greengrinIs Gannon still oot a job ..?..:greengrin

RickyS
25-03-2010, 03:15 PM
as was venus etc as celtic will never let you walk alone.....
:top marks

RoslinInstHibby
25-03-2010, 03:16 PM
will a certain aberdeen manager be hoping that his phone is about to ring?

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:16 PM
So he could walk about no problem when up here then?

You were the one who mentioned he resigned because of "intrusion". AFAIK Mowbray had no hassle in Glasgow and the press were not exactly all over his wife and family were they?

scotcha
25-03-2010, 03:17 PM
I believe that Celtic didn't understand Tony and his methods.

When he was at hibs he got rid of the biggest names as they didn't always agree with his methods and were bad examples for the younger players, but it worked, the football with hibs was excellent and re-invented us as a club.

So Tony goes to Celtic, gets rid of the people who won't work with him, started bringing in younger players who will buy into his ideas and was probably trying to set celtic on a better path... but no, the fans couldn't understand this and wanted a treble straight away.

Your fans are stupid, i remember the way that Celtic fans were laughing at the way Rangers dealt with Le Guen.... and now they have done the same to their own man.

SHOCKING!!!

allmodcons
25-03-2010, 03:18 PM

Who you tipping for the poisoned chalice JR.

Not so long ago a few of your 'bhoys' were keen to get John Hughes.

The Sea-gull
Typical of our luck, we play Celtic soon and given how poor we've been I had hoped they might come to ER sapped of confidence.

Now looks like they could get the "reaction" from the players that usually happens when a manager leaves and be bang up for the game!

Sylar
Wonder if Yogi will be touted as a successor?

MSK
25-03-2010, 03:21 PM
You were the one who mentioned he resigned because of "intrusion". AFAIK Mowbray had no hassle in Glasgow and the press were not exactly all over his wife and family were they?So who do you fancy for the job Jack ..?...bet there will be a few erses crying oot for Larsson....:wink:

McGhee must be in the running...Well & the Dons were just a stepping stone to paradise...:greengrin

Oh ..& i wouldnae rule oot pa Broon ..doing a grand job for Well ...:agree:

SidBurns
25-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Lennon n Lambert dream team till end of season :greengrin

Was told months back Lambert was in this summer anyway... Source, a Middlesboro scout via Strachan

James Connolly
25-03-2010, 03:25 PM
They're that deluded, Moyes & Coyle will be top of their list!:faf:

Jim44
25-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Was told months back Lambert was in this summer anyway... Source, a Middlesboro scout via Strachan

A few weeks back Lambert said catagorically that he would never manage Celtic and gave reasons. One of those was that he had no intention of ever getting caught up in the Old Firm circus. It's his perogative to change his mind but I reckon he would be shot down in flames for it.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I believe that Celtic didn't understand Tony and his methods.

When he was at hibs he got rid of the biggest names as they didn't always agree with his methods and were bad examples for the younger players, but it worked, the football with hibs was excellent and re-invented us as a club.

So Tony goes to Celtic, gets rid of the people who won't work with him, started bringing in younger players who will buy into his ideas and was probably trying to set celtic on a better path... but no, the fans couldn't understand this and wanted a treble straight away.

Your fans are stupid, i remember the way that Celtic fans were laughing at the way Rangers dealt with Le Guen.... and now they have done the same to their own man.

SHOCKING!!!

Translation. Tony goes in and loses the dressing room, is tactically naive and intorduces wholesale changes in the team, when all that was needed was a left back (he bought one and sold him and brought in an inferior one), a center half and a forward.

the guy was clueless and out his depth. I would not lecture Hibs fans on whats best for Hibs, you should not do the same about Celtic.

Also, contrary to your statement We did not want a "treble" straight away.

Also, your statement about LeGuen is contracdictory, sure it was funny seeing Rangers in a bit fo turmoil, but the huns were right to get rid of LeGuen. We are right to get rid of Mowbray.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:27 PM
They're that deluded, Moyes & Coyle will be top of their list!:faf:

Eh...just who has said this. The lazy media perhaps??

greenlex
25-03-2010, 03:31 PM
You were the one who mentioned he resigned because of "intrusion". AFAIK Mowbray had no hassle in Glasgow and the press were not exactly all over his wife and family were they?

Tony is a private guy. He has tried to resign twice because of intrusion whether that be press or because of your clubs situation. If you think he will not be relieved if not delighted by parting company you are deluded. His personality changed as a result of being your manager and he was not a better man fro that. You could see it in his eyes, his body language and his interviews that he was hating it.You will no doubt bring in someone more "Celtic minded" for the job and you may get better results. You will struggle to get a better man to manage your club. He will be successful in his next appointment of that I have no doubt.

allmodcons
25-03-2010, 03:31 PM
A few weeks back Lambert said catagorically that he would never manage Celtic and gave reasons. One of those was that he had no intention of ever getting caught up in the Old Firm circus. It's his perogative to change his mind but I reckon he would be shot down in flames for it.

I can only assume you read that somewhere!

I can't understand anything Lambert says when he talks.

IMO, he and Dean Windass would make a great double act for interviews.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Who you tipping for the poisoned chalice JR.

Not so long ago a few of your 'bhoys' were keen to get John Hughes.

I reckon they'll hope that Lenny is a stand out in the short term and that the fans will want him - ergo they get the cheap option. if that happens then great, its a win win, but its a big risk.

Would like Lambert, but I know he said he'd not comeback to manage in scotland, that said, his wife still lives in Renfrewshire, so who knows....

Mark Hughes is out of work and aside from the West Ham job, I don't see anything else available for him down south that he'd take. Would like him, but don't see it happening.

Most of it will depend on the kitty offered. If we adopt the strategy that got martin o'Neill, then we'll get a guy with a track record. If on the other hand the board adopt a strategy of penny pinching, then we'll get a relatively unknown foreigner.

MSK
25-03-2010, 03:34 PM
I reckon they'll hope that Lenny is a stand out in the short term and that the fans will want him - ergo they get the cheap option. if that happens then great, its a win win, but its a big risk.

Would like Lambert, but I know he said he'd not comeback to manage in scotland, that said, his wife still lives in Renfrewshire, so who knows....

Mark Hughes is out of work and aside from the West Ham job, I don't see anything else available for him down south that he'd take. Would like him, but don't see it happening.

Most of it will depend on the kitty offered. If we adopt the strategy that got martin o'Neill, then we'll get a guy with a track record. If on the other hand the board adopt a strategy of penny pinching, then we'll get a relatively unknown foreigner.Shabba ..?...:greengrin

scotcha
25-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Translation. Tony goes in and loses the dressing room, is tactically naive and intorduces wholesale changes in the team, when all that was needed was a left back (he bought one and sold him and brought in an inferior one), a center half and a forward.

the guy was clueless and out his depth. I would not lecture Hibs fans on whats best for Hibs, you should not do the same about Celtic.

Also, your statement about LeGuen is contracdictory, sure it was funny seeing Rangers in a bit fo turmoil, but the huns were right to get rid of LeGuen. We are right to get rid of Mowbray.

ok jack maybe you're right, but a man who takes a club up from the championship playing football, doesn't know how to win a dressing room?

The championship is a much tougher league than the spl and he did pretty well in that. The fact is that Scottish Football is populated by big time charleys who think they are better than they are. Le Guen & Mowbray had the right idea in weeding out the cancers at the club who thought they were too big to be told what to do, and wouldn't work with the manager and trying to build up the club, but they forget that people would rather have short sighted success in winning something at all costs.

Mowbray would have been very good for Celtic... he has had 2 transfer windows for god's sake and the players that were playing for you guys last season, can't play the football mowbray commands.. so what is he meant to do???

James Connolly
Eh...just who has said this. The lazy media perhaps??

Not yet; but there will be plenty Sellick fans who will think there's a chance that it might happen.

JackRegan
Tony is a private guy. He has tried to resign twice because of intrusion whether that be press or because of your clubs situation. If you think he will not be relieved if not delighted by parting company you are deluded. His personality changed as a result of being your manager and he was not a better man fro that. You could see it in his eyes, his body language and his interviews that he was hating it.You will no doubt bring in someone more "Celtic minded" for the job and you may get better results. You will struggle to get a better man to manage your club. He will be successful in his next appointment of that I have no doubt.

where have I denied this?????? Of course he looked as if he did not want to be there j esus he looked like that at his unveiling press conference.

he "resigned" twice because he fell out with Lawwell twice.

also, yer talk about "not getting a better man"?? WTF is that supposed to mean?? I don't care if he's a gent or a "nice guy", I want a guy who'll bust a gut for Celtic, put some backbone in the team and also know the basics about putting a team on the park.

He hated being at Celtic because he was out his depth and could not handle it. His limitations were exposed. end of story.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Not yet; but there will be plenty Sellick fans who will think there's a chance that it might happen.

There's not one Celtic fan i know, or on ANY of teh websites who think Moyes is a realistic target.

Check the "next manager" thread on kerrydalestreet.co.uk

allmodcons
25-03-2010, 03:37 PM

Most of it will depend on the kitty offered. If we adopt the strategy that got martin o'Neill, then we'll get a guy with a track record. If on the other hand the board adopt a strategy of penny pinching, then we'll get a relatively unknown foreigner.

Lambert's doing a great job at Norwich and compensation wouldn't be a major hurdle.

Despite his comments he'll defo be one of the frontrunners.

scotcha
25-03-2010, 03:38 PM
oh so in that case then, Strachan must be a better manager than Mowbray... really, dinnae think so.

Tell me again, how well is Strachan doing in the Championship with a team that were far better than a team which Mowbray took over?

Seriously Jack... it's laughable.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:40 PM
ok jack maybe you're right, but a man who takes a club up from the championship playing football, doesn't know how to win a dressing room?

The championship is a much tougher league than the spl and he did pretty well in that. The fact is that Scottish Football is populated by big time charleys who think they are better than they are. Le Guen & Mowbray had the right idea in weeding out the cancers at the club who thought they were too big to be told what to do, and wouldn't work with the manager and trying to build up the club, but they forget that people would rather have short sighted success in winning something at all costs.

Mowbray would have been very good for Celtic... he has had 2 transfer windows for god's sake and the players that were playing for you guys last season, can't play the football mowbray commands.. so what is he meant to do???

1.) Maybe it is, but I don't think the standard is that good. Besides, hmanaging West Brom is very difefrent to managing celtic. Managing West Brom, regardless of the league is easier than managing celtic.

2.) Mowbray had NO "cancers" to weed out at Celtic. He lost the dressing room by slagging guys in the press two weeks into the job

3.) No way can you say for any certainty that Mowbray woudl have been very good for Celtic. On the evidence, he would have been a disaster.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:42 PM
oh so in that case then, Strachan must be a better manager than Mowbray... really, dinnae think so.

Tell me again, how well is Strachan doing in the Championship with a team that were far better than a team which Mowbray took over?

Seriously Jack... it's laughable.

are you mad??? WTF has Strachan at Middlesborough got to do with Mowbray??

Its about what they done at Celtic. Strachan, while he had to go, was still a better manager for Celtic than Tony Mowbray. He won three titles, 3 cups and took us to the last 16 in the CL twice.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Shabba ..?...:greengrin

Don't joke about these things. Lawwell rated him BTW. :agree:

IWasThere2016
25-03-2010, 03:44 PM

You sure Jim :faf:

Lawwell may not be too far behind him :cool2:

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Lambert's doing a great job at Norwich and compensation wouldn't be a major hurdle.

It depends on how Desmond want to run things IMO.I don't think Lambert will be too expensive and won't be on that much at Norwich.

Hibbie_Cameron
25-03-2010, 03:47 PM
According to some on SSN a short time ago, Mowbray was not a real celtic man. Yet 7 months earlier he was.

Mowbray's last game at hibs was defeat to St Mirren, same as Celtic:agree:

haagsehibby
25-03-2010, 03:48 PM
John Collins anyone ? Currently out of work, has the badges and former player as well.

James Connolly
25-03-2010, 04:00 PM
There's not one Celtic fan i know, or on ANY of teh websites who think Moyes is a realistic target.

Check the "next manager" thread on kerrydalestreet.co.uk

Nah, I'll give that a miss I think.:rolleyes:

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Nah, I'll give that a miss I think.:rolleyes:

Well don't go spouting "Celtic fans say this, celtic fans say that" without any basis.

Vince White
25-03-2010, 04:01 PM
1.) Maybe it is, but I don't think the standard is that good. Besides, hmanaging West Brom is very difefrent to managing celtic. Managing West Brom, regardless of the league is easier than managing celtic.

2.) Mowbray had NO "cancers" to weed out at Celtic. He lost the dressing room by slagging guys in the press two weeks into the job

3.) No way can you say for any certainty that Mowbray woudl have been very good for Celtic. On the evidence, he would have been a disaster.

I actually agree with most of what you say. Mowbray to Celtic was the wrong move for both parties right from the start. Wrong type of club for him despite his playing background. Simply too high an expectation level and time is not on your side in a job like that where success is demanded. For all that Strachan wasn't too popular he has a tougher shell than Mowbray, got his head down and commanded a decent trophy-winning record.

However, that doesn't mean I think Mowbray is a bad manager. He fitted very well at Hibs where under-achievement is the norm and for a short time he put us back at a level where we all think we should be ie top four every season. I think he could do that again no problem.

Hibs On Tour
25-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Mixu? :devil:
JC [please?] :faf:

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Mixu? :devil:
JC [please?] :faf:

Someone on CelticMinded said the following.

Walter Smith - Already has the respect of the press, knows a lot about Celtic and would fit into our strategy of weakening the opposition by nicking their best assets. :greengrin:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Someone on CelticMinded said the following.

Walter Smith - Already has the respect of the press, knows a lot about Celtic and would fit into our strategy of weakening the opposition by nicking their best assets. :greengrin:greengrin

And he's out of contract, so won't cost any compensation.

Someone get on the phone to Lawell pronto

Oscar Lomax
25-03-2010, 04:19 PM
are you mad??? WTF has Strachan at Middlesborough got to do with Mowbray??

Its about what they done at Celtic. Strachan, while he had to go, was still a better manager for Celtic than Tony Mowbray. He won three titles, 3 cups and took us to the last 16 in the CL twice.

I cant see why some on here are sticking up for Mowbray. I agree with Jack. Yes Hibs played well when he was in charge but even he could win us nothing. Its a different story at Celtic and through there if the supporters dont like what they see they stay away and THATS what gets their managers the boot.

James Connolly
Well don't go spouting "Celtic fans say this, celtic fans say that" without any basis.

There were plenty pre Mowbray spouting about Moyes & Coyle; what's changed in 9months?

Unlike yourself, I'm not into trawling other teams forums looking for information.

JackRegan
And he's out of contract, so won't cost any compensation.
Someone get on the phone to Lawell pronto

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its madness on the Celtic forums, I'm here for a wee break. :greengrin

down-the-slope
25-03-2010, 04:20 PM
SSN claiming Lennon is 'in charge of first team affairs until end of season'

Now that really is the cheap option - and either brave or foolish (take your pick) to commit to so quick

What will they do if slides continues...AND either of chasers for 3 puts a run together threatning the CL spot (by that I mean cash)...other than fill their pants of course

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 04:21 PM
There were plenty pre Mowbray spouting about Moyes & Coyle; what's changed in 9months?

Unlike yourself, I'm not into trawling other teams forums looking for information.

there were not many, if any, confident that we could get Moyes.

Coyle, on the otherhand was a realistic target at the time. He was offered three times the salary he was on at Burnley, but wanted to stay down south.

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 04:23 PM

I cant see why some on here are sticking up for Mowbray. I agree with Jack. Yes Hibs played well when he was in charge but even he could win us nothing. Its a different story at Celtic and through there if the supporters dont like what they see they stay away and THATS what gets their managers the boot.

It's what got Mixu the heave from Hibs (slow advance ST sales)

Different scale of course, but same principle.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 04:23 PM
SSN claiming Lennon is 'in charge of first team affairs until end of season'

Now that really is the cheap option - and either brave or foolish (take your pick) to commit to so quick

What will they do if slides continues...AND either of chasers for 3 puts a run together threatning the CL spot (by that I mean cash)...other than fill their pants of course

See my above post, they are giving it to Lennon under the guise of a temporary appointment in the hope that he'll turn out to be a miracle worker and get the fans backing, while saving the board a bit of cash.

I don't think Lenny would take it full time.

down-the-slope
25-03-2010, 04:35 PM
See my above post, they are giving it to Lennon under the guise of a temporary appointment in the hope that he'll turn out to be a miracle worker and get the fans backing, while saving the board a bit of cash.

I understand that Jack...but given most Celtic fans are screaming for an experienced manager (and a good few saying TM was not enough of one) it seems madness to do this as if it goes mammaries up then nothing gained and potentially bigger mess.

Surley better to say 'tempory charge' keeping the option of getting someone with a track record in pronto if things don't pick up (and CL cash under threat) Also will Lenny in temp charge really drive season sales which are on the slide?

PS - to be clear its not the temporary I am questioning - but doing so until the end of the season

marinello59
25-03-2010, 04:39 PM

I hope Lennon turns out to be total gash and that whoever does eventually get the job on a permanent basis turns out to be even worse.

Nothing personal Jack.:greengrin

weonlywon6-2
25-03-2010, 04:42 PM
where have I denied this?????? Of course he looked as if he did not want to be there j esus he looked like that at his unveiling press conference.

he "resigned" twice because he fell out with Lawwell twice.

also, yer talk about "not getting a better man"?? WTF is that supposed to mean?? I don't care if he's a gent or a "nice guy", I want a guy who'll bust a gut for Celtic, put some backbone in the team and also know the basics about putting a team on the park.

He hated being at Celtic because he was out his depth and could not handle it. His limitations were exposed. end of story.
:agree::agree:

tony will be happy to some extent he is away.
i met him and he was a really decent bloke.
i wish him all the best, and yes i would have him back at easter road

new manager for celtic?, doubt it will be mcghee.it will need to be someone at a high level due to the media circus.
what about the guy in charge of ireland ??

Virginia Hibs
25-03-2010, 04:46 PM

I can see Lambert wanting to have a go in the championship rather than the SPL at this time.

However there will no doubt be much media hype around his history with the great unwashed.

I will personally start the rumour now thet big Malky MacKay at Watford is the man for Celtc and Lambert should stay where he is. :greengrin

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I understand that Jack...but given most Celtic fans are screaming for an experienced manager (and a good few saying TM was not enough of one) it seems madness to do this as if it goes mammaries up then nothing gained and potentially bigger mess.

Surley better to say 'tempory charge' keeping the option of getting someone with a track record in pronto if things don't pick up (and CL cash under threat) Also will Lenny in temp charge really drive season sales which are on the slide?
PS - to be clear its not the temporary I am questioning - but doing so until the end of the season

firstly, not a chance. Consensus is: Lenny good tim, but not the answer.

I agree, that Lenny til the end of teh seaosn is still a massive gamble, but the board must have though "we might have to punt Mowbray before the end of teh season" so they shoudl have been looking at successors. That said, they knew Stracahn was going and just assumed that they'd only have to ask Coyle and did not plan on him knocking us back (I know, I know!!).

Celtic are in a very tricky situation now, in that a well established, experiienced manager is going to be out our reach for a variety of reasons, yet its what's needed. At the same time, we do have cloud cuckoo land fans who would be raging if we were even to employ someone like Lambert.

Ah well, times liek this seperate the real fans from the johnny come lately brigade.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I can see Lambert wanting to have a go in the championship rather than the SPL at this time.

However there will no doubt be much media hype around his history with the great unwashed.

I will personally start the rumour now thet big Malky MacKay at Watford is the man for Celtc and Lambert should stay where he is. :greengrin

Would not be surprised.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-03-2010, 04:48 PM

When he came to Celtic at first he gave the impression he had a divine right to be there and was talking like it was inevitable he would manage them, glad he's gone as he simply walked out on us for the first club that came along and has never mentioned (to my knowledge) Hibs being the first team that he managed, tata tone

:bye:

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 04:49 PM
[/B]
:agree::agree:

tony will be happy to some extent he is away.
i met him and he was a really decent bloke.
i wish him all the best, and yes i would have him back at easter road

new manager for celtic?, doubt it will be mcghee.it will need to be someone at a high level due to the media circus.
what about the guy in charge of ireland ??

BTw I concur regards Mowbray, nice big guy who is probably better away from it all.

Anyway, Trappatoni? Na, would be too expensive IMO. FFS he's older than Billy McNeill. :greengrin

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
25-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Wim Jansen was the guy who pulled the rug from Smith before, somebody similar would be my pick if I was Celtic.

Hibs On Tour
25-03-2010, 05:02 PM
FWIW I think Celtic may surprise everyone and go for a big name in the summer. Stuffed if I know who but I have a wee feeling that after losing the league so badly [and who knows maybe ending the season with nowt] that the board may see this as a point to try to get a jump on Rangers [who are well stuffed financially]

I don't think it'll be the likes of Malky McKay I think it'll be a Hiddink type thing. Know it means them splashing cash but I dunno just have a wee feeling they may go down that route. Spend on the manager and maybe don't have to spend on the team so much?

To be honest, so long as they crash and burn regardless I'm happy! :greengrin

greenlex
25-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Can I just say he won more than he lost at Celtic. :agree:

jacomo
25-03-2010, 05:15 PM
John Collins anyone ? Currently out of work, has the badges and former player as well.

I'd be gutted if he went there.

But I don't think it will happen. JC has "previous" with the Glasgow media which hardly qualifies him to do the job.

Sellick will be looking for someone who's comfortable in front of the camera.

McGoo? :greengrin

Brando7
25-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Can I just say he won more than he lost at Celtic. :agree:

doesn't really matter tho does it, 10 points behind rangers with them 2 games n hand would end any eltic manager in the past

john barnes probably had a better record than tony

actually JB had a 66.5% record to TM's 51%..says it all really

RosComain
25-03-2010, 05:29 PM
i wonder if david o'leary will be in the running again? high profile, irish, managed in premiership and experience of latter stages of cl. probably quite a costly option for them though.

vahibbie
25-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I hope Lennon turns out to be total gash and that whoever does eventually get the job on a permanent basis turns out to be even worse.

Nothing personal Jack.:greengrin

:agree::thumbsup:

I wish that wee knobend Lennon nothing but the worse possible luck.

ballengeich
25-03-2010, 05:44 PM
:agree::thumbsup:

I wish that wee knobend Lennon nothing but the worse possible luck.

Absolutely. One of the most obnoxious players to disfigure the Scottish game.

--------
25-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Translation. Tony goes in and loses the dressing room, is tactically naive and introduces wholesale changes in the team, when all that was needed was a left back (he bought one and sold him and brought in an inferior one), a centre half and a forward.

The guy was clueless and out his depth. I would not lecture Hibs fans on whats best for Hibs, you should not do the same about Celtic.

Also, your statement about LeGuen is contradictory, sure it was funny seeing Rangers in a bit of turmoil, but the Huns were right to get rid of LeGuen. We are right to get rid of Mowbray.

For once I agree with you. Mowbray's been sinking without trace for months, which is no mean achievement considering how short a time he's been in the job. I suspect that what was wanted in the stands was a sense that the club was moving in the right direction, building a competitive side that would entertain while winning, and a reasonable assurance that they wouldn't get turned over 4-0 by a team in the bottom half of the league.

There are times when I do not understand my fellow Hibees. Here we all are, gloating over the demise of Tony Mowbray (who in my opinion jumped from ER just ahead of trouble he knew was coming) and the problems of Celtic, when we've lost the local Derby, been dumped out of the Scottish Cup by a lower-division team (albeit a thoroughly well-prepared one) after leading them three times, and are rapidly running out of places where we can be expected to register a win. Away to Falkirk on Saturday? Hibs gonnae win? I don't think so.....

It's deja vu all over again. Ghost of Jim Duffy? :rolleyes:

New Corrie
25-03-2010, 05:47 PM
i wonder if david o'leary will be in the running again? high profile, irish, managed in premiership and experience of latter stages of cl. probably quite a costly option for them though.

Well he's got the right credentials, crap manager and a Tim. He's probably "Celtic minded" enough unlike Lambert who kicks with the wrong foot for them. Even though he played for them Lambert is not remotely a Celtic man.

Brizo
25-03-2010, 06:19 PM
TM , thoroughly decent guy who seemed to undergo a personality transplant when he arrived at the lesser greens , ie he seemed to lose any personality. At Hibs a dignified articulate honest spokesman , at Celtc an ungracious waffling bullshifter.

Fitba wise an unrealistic fitba "purist" who put visions of style before substance. Teams like Brazil and Barca play Brazil and Barca fitba cause theyve got Brazil and Barca quality players. TM tried to do it with WBA journeymen and Parkheid donkeys and was too arrogant / blinkered to see it was a non starter. Having said that weve maybe got our own unrealistic fitba purist ....

down-the-slope
25-03-2010, 06:49 PM
firstly, not a chance. Consensus is: Lenny good tim, but not the answer.

I agree, that Lenny til the end of teh seaosn is still a massive gamble, but the board must have though "we might have to punt Mowbray before the end of teh season" so they shoudl have been looking at successors. That said, they knew Stracahn was going and just assumed that they'd only have to ask Coyle and did not plan on him knocking us back (I know, I know!!).

Celtic are in a very tricky situation now, in that a well established, experiienced manager is going to be out our reach for a variety of reasons, yet its what's needed. At the same time, we do have cloud cuckoo land fans who would be raging if we were even to employ someone like Lambert.

Ah well, times liek this seperate the real fans from the johnny come lately brigade.

But what I don't get Jack is the need for CL cash and Celtic Park being sold out more often than not is vital for the 'business plan' so surely if £100k a week for keane to get Bums on seats (incidently I doubt very much that TM had anything to do with his coming...but thats nother debate) equates to 5million a year...surley for less tha half that you could get a 'name' with track record that would have waiting lists for season tickets and a greater chance of CL cahs / Success as well as domestic success - I realise the flaw in this is that big names want big budgets for players to protect their reputations..which brings us back to TM who was has had to work on much lower overall wage bill (this along with attitude leading to the exodus) to build from the bottom to bring long term grown talent...Flaw with this is the impatience of the Johnny come latleys who weren't part of crowds of under 15k (IIRC) from a couple of decades back who won't accept 'bulding'.....bit of a catch 22...

Can I suggest Slaven Bilić - knows the british game and plays with flair....but also knows you need a defensive base from which to play from

PS...Beeb now claiming Lenny is on game by game deal......now that I understand

iwasthere1972
25-03-2010, 06:51 PM
FWIW I think Celtic may surprise everyone and go for a big name in the summer. Stuffed if I know who but I have a wee feeling that after losing the league so badly [and who knows maybe ending the season with nowt] that the board may see this as a point to try to get a jump on Rangers [who are well stuffed financially]

I don't think it'll be the likes of Malky McKay I think it'll be a Hiddink type thing. Know it means them splashing cash but I dunno just have a wee feeling they may go down that route. Spend on the manager and maybe don't have to spend on the team so much?

To be honest, so long as they crash and burn regardless I'm happy! :greengrin

Paul Lambert. :agree:

Ed De Gramo
25-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Phil Brown :wink:

The_Todd
25-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Jim Gannon, if he can be arsed with the commute from Leftfield.

Also he's not adverse to short-term deals so he won't be hard to get rid of.

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Well he's got the right credentials, crap manager and a Tim. He's probably "Celtic minded" enough unlike Lambert who kicks with the wrong foot for them. Even though he played for them Lambert is not remotely a Celtic man.

For your information David O'Leary would be popular among Celtic fans, especially the Irish ones.

Also, your comment about Lambert kicking with the wrong foot is well wide of the mark. For example, do you think that David Moyes would not be a popular choice because he supported Rangers as a youth, while having a much less distinguished career as a Celtic Player.

Lastly, Paul's father Billy was indeed a Rangers fan, but went to see his son every time he played for Rangers. Paul never had a team as such growing up, he was more into just playing the game

Hibs On Tour
25-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Current betting:

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=240571 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=240571)

Bilic not a bad bet. Houllier perhaps? Other than that I can't see any likely ones in the whole list who would get bums on seats and attract players... Rijkaard?

Tell you what, some culture shock if they do get a big name in. Freezing cold Tuesdays in Dundee etc..! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
25-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Phil Brown :wink:

:top marks Good shout

He could get torn into them while doing the huddle.

iwasthere1972
25-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Current betting:

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=240571 (http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=240571)

Bilic not a bad bet. Houllier perhaps? Other than that I can't see any likely ones in the whole list who would get bums on seats and attract players... Rijkaard?

Tell you what, some culture shock if they do get a big name in. Freezing cold Tuesdays in Dundee etc..! :greengrin

Could even be Inverness. :devil:

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2010, 07:02 PM
:top marks Good shout

He could get torn into them while doing the huddle.

Or he could get them to do the huddle at half time when they're losing.

Hibs On Tour
25-03-2010, 07:03 PM

C'mon now, ah'm still trying to delude myself into thinking that didn't happen! :grr:

JackRegan
25-03-2010, 07:03 PM
But what I don't get Jack is the need for CL cash and Celtic Park being sold out more often than not is vital for the 'business plan' so surely if £100k a week for keane to get Bums on seats (incidently I doubt very much that TM had anything to do with his coming...but thats nother debate) equates to 5million a year...surley for less tha half that you could get a 'name' with track record that would have waiting lists for season tickets and a greater chance of CL cahs / Success as well as domestic success - I realise the flaw in this is that big names want big budgets for players to protect their reputations..which brings us back to TM who was has had to work on much lower overall wage bill (this along with attitude leading to the exodus) to build from the bottom to bring long term grown talent...Flaw with this is the impatience of the Johnny come latleys who weren't part of crowds of under 15k (IIRC) from a couple of decades back who won't accept 'bulding'.....bit of a catch 22...

Can I suggest Slaven Bilić - knows the british game and plays with flair....but also knows you need a defensive base from which to play from

PS...Beeb now claiming Lenny is on game by game deal......now that I understand

I have to brief as I'm off out...

Celtic are now in a position where we have to spend big just to stay still. Lawwell et al lost their focus and were content just to be ahead of Rangers, they gambled on Rangers having a fire sale and underestimated the effect Smith would have on a team choc full of uber huns. We now have to pay for that neglect.

That said, I do believe that we have a very good nucleus there, so what is needed is someone to come in and galvanise those already there and for the board to provide cash for some key additions.

Lastly, Slavan Bilic is NOT the man to do this. Although he's right popular with the young team. :greengrin

hibsbollah
25-03-2010, 07:05 PM
I have to brief as I'm off out...

Celtic are now in a position where we have to spend big just to stay still. Lawwell et al lost their focus and were content just to be ahead of Rangers, they gambled on Rangers having a fire sale and underestimated the effect Smith would have on a team choc full of uber huns. We now have to pay for that neglect.

That said, I do believe that we have a very good nucleus there, so what is needed is someone to come in and galvanise those already there and for the board to provide cash for some key additions.

Lastly, Slavan Bilic is NOT the man to do this. Although he's right popular with the young team. :greengrin

I believe John Barnes is available.

New Corrie
25-03-2010, 07:06 PM
For your information David O'Leary would be popular among Celtic fans, especially the Irish ones.

Also, your comment about Lambert kicking with the wrong foot is well wide of the mark. For example, do you think that David Moyes would not be a popular choice because he supported Rangers as a youth, while having a much less distinguished career as a Celtic Player.

Lastly, Paul's father Billy was indeed a Rangers fan, but went to see his son every time he played for Rangers. Paul never had a team as such growing up, he was more into just playing the game

I was being flippant Jack, I acknowledged that O'Leary would be popular as he is probably "Tim enough" for them even though he's a gash manager and well aware of Lambert and Moyes football origins. Maybe if Moggas predecessor had been called Liam O'Strachan he might have got on a bit better, what d'ya think Jack?

iwasthere1972
25-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I believe John Barnes is available.

Him and Mark McGhee...........The Dream Team. :greengrin

The_Todd
25-03-2010, 07:09 PM
I believe Csaba Laszlo is currently holding onto his mobile phone, staring at it and begging it to ring whilst trying on a RaSellick shell suit in the changing rooms of the Celtc Store on Sauchiehall Street as we speak.

Hibs On Tour
25-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Him and Mark McGhee...........The Dream Team. :greengrin

This lot would do better - the real dream team!

YouTube - 'The Dream Team' trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFeyf3NwHPc)

Bit right at the end is a show stopper! :faf:

Bostonhibby
25-03-2010, 08:03 PM

:agree: O'Leary? Oh aye, and demonstrated some great man management at Villa.allegedly, :faf: please let it be him

Bad Martini
25-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Hope celtic implode.

Hope rangers implode.

The more they both lose, the happier I am. If it inflicts misery on the infirm hordes, all the better.

Celtic gubbed fi st mirren. Huns oot the cup.

****ing Xmas has come early.

Have that ya deluded, "were gonna join the Premiership but were no really good enough and nae cant wants us" auld firm bams.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

EasterRoad4Ever
25-03-2010, 08:43 PM
If this had happened 10 matches back, you can guarantee Hughes would have been in the frame - pushed forward by the Weegie Media. If the press don't have Hughes on their shortlist, you gotta wonder why not :confused:

Oh, and Stokes, Miller and Bamba would have been going with him.

NaeTechnoHibby
25-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Hope celtic implode.

Hope rangers implode.

The more they both lose, the happier I am. If it inflicts misery on the infirm hordes, all the better.

Celtic gubbed fi st mirren. Huns oot the cup.

****ing Xmas has come early.

Have that ya deluded, "were gonna join the Premiership but were no really good enough and nae cant wants us" auld firm bams.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Way to go sweetie :thumbsup:

His "I don't want to be a serial SPL manager" gave me the boak back then, and that was when he was at Hibs, well he's not going to be :agree:

He can get lost right now IMO :agree:

Huddle.............:greengrin

Sir David Gray
25-03-2010, 11:14 PM
I hope that Neil Lennon will be an absolute disaster in the time that he is in charge.

He's even more obnoxious than Strachan.

erskine-hibby
25-03-2010, 11:22 PM
No big surprise, I said last night he would be lucky to see the day out:bye:

crewetollhibee
25-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Or Dingwall.:shocked::shocked::shocked:

jacomo
26-03-2010, 12:11 AM
I believe Csaba Laszlo is currently holding onto his mobile phone, staring at it and begging it to ring whilst trying on a RaSellick shell suit in the changing rooms of the Celtc Store on Sauchiehall Street as we speak.

:faf:

Iain G
26-03-2010, 01:03 AM
I do have some sympathy for Mogga, he was a good fit for Hibs at the time he was with us and got the best out of a good bunch of young players, bolstered with some good signings, he has a football philosophy and ideal that he wants to run with that proved to be his undoing at Celtic where under the idiotic relentless pressure of the worstfansintheworld would never get the time to implement. I hope he goes on to do a good job wherever it may be!

Same thing kinda happened with Le Guen at Rankers, he was trying to change too much and the backlash with Barry the Ned was too much for the fans/board to take and they pulled the pin on him, which was just as well for the rest of us as I think he would have done a good job given time, thank god for the old firm and their relentless obsession with each other :greengrin

JackRegan
26-03-2010, 08:27 AM
I was being flippant Jack, I acknowledged that O'Leary would be popular as he is probably "Tim enough" for them even though he's a gash manager and well aware of Lambert and Moyes football origins. Maybe if Moggas predecessor had been called Liam O'Strachan he might have got on a bit better, what d'ya think Jack?

Not really. We've got to be careful we don't start some heavy reviosnism with regards Strachan's time at Celtic. Despiet his successes, we suffered some awful cup exits under his tenure and some awful football.

So, in my opinion, the reaction and reception Strachan got from the support is mixed - a bit of a refelection of his time at Celtic. He got his name chanted often enough and both the Green Brigade and Jungle Bhoys fan groups produced some of their biggest and best banners with him on them. He came in, was effective for the most part but he bacame stale and decided to move on.

I think the media mostly are looking for an angle regards strachan that's just not there.

For what its worth, the most vilified managers in my time supporting celtic (First game 1975) were David Hay and Liam Brady.