PDA

View Full Version : OMG Lost!!!

Scooter
24-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Anyone seen this weeks episode of lost. It's amazin the best one in ages, get some answers and where it's going I THINK. I'm really going to miss this show

HibbyAndy
29-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Ive watched the series aboot 4 times now and still dinnae get the ending :greengrin

Did the plane crash really ever happen or was it all just a dream ?

stoneyburn hibs
29-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Andy, you dreamt that you watched it.

Sir David Gray
29-04-2015, 08:17 PM
I watched one episode - it was well named.

Tyler Durden
29-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Ive watched the series aboot 4 times now and still dinnae get the ending :greengrin

Did the plane crash really ever happen or was it all just a dream ?

Ok here goes. SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Everything that you saw on the island happened. The flash "sideways" in the final season were effectively an afterlife.... a waiting room before the characters went to heaven. The explanation being that the time they spent on island was the most significant time of their lives, so they move on with their island buddies. It's not purgatory, it wasn't all a dream etc

I love Lost but did find the final season to be utter bobbins. I actually think it works better if you just end it with the season 5 finale and assume the reset worked.

Still, I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched, the character are so rich and the stories over the first 4/5 seasons were superb with nearly all loose ends tied up and questions answered.

If you're interested as to whether the writers "made it up as they went" and have time to read 16,000 words....I'd recommend this http://okbjgm.weebly.com/lost/the-lost-will-and-testament-of-javier-grillo-marxuach

Galahibby
29-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Did it ever explain what the significance of the number sequence was? If it did I missed it!