PDA

View Full Version : Our Youth Academy

Alfred E Newman
24-03-2010, 07:24 PM
On top of all the other doom and gloom I was wondering what has happened to our great under 19 team from last season and this so called conveyer belt of talent that is alledgedly coming out of East Mains. Only Wotherspoon has made any impression this season though he is now looking a spent force.
Jeffries is making noises about the talent coming out of Riccarton and to be fair to Hearts they are starting to blood several young players including those who helped heaped embarrasment on Hibs last Saturday. Add to this the fact that despite having wonderful facilities at East Mains the present playing squad look lazy and unfit. I heard Paul Kane being quoted as saying that all is not well in the dressing room. Its time we were told exactly what the hell is going on behind the scenes.

.Sean.
24-03-2010, 07:31 PM
On top of all the other doom and gloom I was wondering what has happened to our great under 19 team from last season and this so called conveyer belt of talent that is alledgedly coming out of East Mains. Only Wotherspoon has made any impression this season though he is now looking a spent force.
Jeffries is making noises about the talent coming out of Riccarton and to be fair to Hearts they are starting to blood several young players including those who helped heaped embarrasment on Hibs last Saturday. Add to this the fact that despite having wonderful facilities at East Mains the present playing squad look lazy and unfit. I heard Paul Kane being quoted as saying that all is not well in the dressing room. Its time we were told exactly what the hell is going on behind the scenes.
Where did you hear that?

Alfred E Newman
24-03-2010, 07:36 PM
On Radio Scotland from jambo Preston. Said it last night and repeated it tonight.

bingo70

Where did you hear that?

With the greatest of respect to Paul Kane, who seems like a great guy, whenever i hear him speak about hibs in the 4 in hand before the game he comes across as someone thats not being totally objective when talking about the current set up.

Don't know if him and Petrie have fallen out in the past but i'd take any of his views with a pinch of salt TBH.

With regard to the OP, the last thing i want to hear about is whats going on behind the scenes, i just want them to sort it out.

As for the youngsters, i've no idea, think a couple were sent out on loan in january were they not?

Billy Whizz
I heard Paul Kane being quoted as saying that all is not well in the dressing room. Its time we were told exactly what the hell is going on behind the scenes.
Alan Preston on Sportsound said this about 20 mins ago. If you think off the mixed Nationalities and cultures we have at ER this doesn't surprise me.
Scots
Irish
Moroccan
African
French
English

truehibernian
24-03-2010, 07:39 PM
That's rubbish. Kano said it was an awful performance at half time when he was blethering to Preston. This was repeated by Preston at half time on air. Who cares if there are problems in the dressing room. Should we be surprised that there aren't ? I hope there is, and some good old playground violence takes over, and some workshy players get a few gubs in the puss for not trying a leg and moaning when they have nothing to moan about. Things like that happen in every football team. Kane had a fair few paggers on the training pitch too :wink:

Billy Whizz
24-03-2010, 07:43 PM
That's rubbish. Kano said it was an awful performance at half time when he was blethering to Preston. This was repeated by Preston at half time on air. Who cares if there are problems in the dressing room. Should we be surprised that there aren't ? I hope there is, and some good old playground violence takes over, and some workshy players get a few gubs in the puss for not trying a leg and moaning when they have nothing to moan about. Things like that happen in every football team. Kane had a fair few paggers on the training pitch too :wink:

I'm only saying what Preston said.

hibee_girl
24-03-2010, 07:44 PM
On Radio Scotland from jambo Preston. Said it last night and repeated it tonight.

All Preston said last night was that Kano said we were terrible

truehibernian
24-03-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm only saying what Preston said.

I know bud and wasn't a dig at you. Fights, bust up's and arguments are part and parcel of a dressing room and Preston knows it and is revelling in the defeat. Paul Kane had a fair few dust up's in his Hibs and Aberdeen career. If we are losing and they were not getting stuck in about each other, then I would be worried. It's that kind of attitude that needs to be taken onto the pitch though.

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Did anyone really expect lots of shiny young bushy tailed youngsters to just magically appear after 18 months just because we have a new training centre? These things have benefits that can only be judged in the long term.

truehibernian
24-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Did anyone really expect lots of shiny young bushy tailed youngsters to just magically appear after 18 months just because we have a new training centre? These things have benefits that can only be judged in the long term.

Very true. However there are four Hobbits that magically appear in the tunnel before games and then disappear during them........weird :greengrin

fife hfc
24-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Regarding the youngsters i thought currie and Welsh are injured, moyes and flynn on loan and leaving only byrne who should at least get a seat on the bench. so overall it is not as bad as your trying to paint it.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-03-2010, 08:21 PM

Only listened lastnight. I only heard Preston say that Kano thought we were shocking or words to that effect. Nothing about dressing room unrest.

Can we be clear on this - there's enough crap flying around without this adding to it?

Alfred E Newman
24-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Regarding the youngsters i thought currie and Welsh are injured, moyes and flynn on loan and leaving only byrne who should at least get a seat on the bench. so overall it is not as bad as your trying to paint it.

Of the squad at the moment I can see no one waiting in the wings to come in other than Byrne who has done nothing but sit on the bench occasionally . This Saturday will be a case of shuffle the same shower of duds in the usual 4-3-3. Hughes does not seem to have any other options. He needs to drop some of the so called stars and sit others on the bench for a while to give them a wake up call but he has no other option but to stick with what he has got and the players know it.

truehibernian
24-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I heard Nish was given the red card from the Fantasy Palace for yet again going down to easily and simulating in the box. This is apparently against club rules. Anyone confirm :bitchy::greengrin

IberianHibernian
24-03-2010, 10:56 PM
In 70s when Hearts spent several seasons in Division 1 , Robertson , Mackay and Bowman became important players and went on to play for Scotland ( still a serious international team at the time ) . Soon after , likes of Kano , Rice , McKee , Weir and Hunter did well for us while we struggled financially and on pitch . Then O`Connor , Riordan , Brown etc got their chance in Blobby years . When clubs are struggling on and off park , youngsters will be given their chance whether they`re ready for it or not . If we`d carried on pre Christmas results , fans would have called for big signings not promotion for Under 19s . Still disappointing not to see more youngsters get their chance but suppose it`s either because there`s nobody making a great impression ( why are there no good young goalies ? ) or because we`ve got a glut of experienced players in key positions so have to keep everyone happy and in news in case we want to sell - if Byrne plays someone like Nish won`t for example .

Cocaine&Caviar
24-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Alan Preston on Sportsound said this about 20 mins ago. If you think off the mixed Nationalities and cultures we have at ER this doesn't surprise me.
Scots
Irish
Moroccan
African
French
English

Morrocco are in Africa, and 5 different nationalities isn't a lot at all in the modern world, if there were individuals who may get isolated it may be a problem. But we have two Morrocans, three french speakers in Bamba, Thicot and Maka, plenty of Irish in Cregg, Stack, Stokes, Miller.