PDA

View Full Version : Bus Conveners

Carheenlea
24-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Not had a chance to read the fall out from last night on here yet, so not sure if it`s mentioned, or even if it`s the done thing, but I would like to say a big thanks to the bus conveners for a job well done yesterday :agree:

To get us all up there for £15 a head was pretty impressive, and had such transport not been available, a good number of us might not have made the journey.

I`m not a regular bus goer, usually drive to games, but had a trip to last game at Ibrox on Carlton and last night was on Leith.

High quality bus, a well organised tea for the branches in The Dingwall British Legion, getting everyone there and back at a reasonable hour safely.

These things don`t happen themselves, a lot of dedicated people work away to make these things happen, and provide affordable transport for many on a weekly basis. On a night when so many people from Hibernian let down the fans (again..), I just think it`s right to give these guys behind the scenes credit for all what they provided yesterday. :agree:

Lmc2105
24-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Not had a chance to read the fall out from last night on here yet, so not sure if it`s mentioned, or even if it`s the done thing, but I would like to say a big thanks to the bus conveners for a job well done yesterday :agree:

To get us all up there for £15 a head was pretty impressive, and had such transport not been available, a good number of us might not have made the journey.

I`m not a regular bus goer, usually drive to games, but had a trip to last game at Ibrox on Carlton and last night was on Leith.

High quality bus, a well organised tea for the branches in The Dingwall British Legion, getting everyone there and back at a reasonable hour safely.

These things don`t happen themselves, a lot of dedicated people work away to make these things happen, and provide affordable transport for many on a weekly basis. On a night when so many people from Hibernian let down the fans (again..), I just think it`s right to give these guys behind the scenes credit for all what they provided yesterday. :agree:

Thank you very much for your kind words and credit for our work!

it was difficult as we had a few calll off's on monday and sunday night but it would not be possible without you the supporters

Thank you for filling our buses and hope that you all enjoyed your travel

From James Mclennan & Lee Mclennan & Tam Hansborough (edinburgh & livingston)
am sure i also speak for Sean & Mashy (Leith Bus) & Brockie of the carlton

hibsfan7
24-03-2010, 07:23 PM
es i was on one of the buses from livingstone

lees bus
i tought it was very good to get us up there for just £15 per head

pity about the result

but it was just an unwelcome distraction from us getting 3rd place which i think we can still get

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

lEXO
24-03-2010, 07:39 PM

Well said mate.I was on the same bus as you and the organisation was spot on.:agree:

Ed De Gramo
24-03-2010, 07:49 PM
:top marks

Lee, really enjoyed the bus trip up there :thumbsup:

Big_D
24-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I was a 1st timer on the Leith bus and met some nice folk , ended up on the terracing next to a guy that smelt of beans though :boo hoo:

darwenhibby
24-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Try the Infamous Duane Tours On the Lancashire Bus sometimes guys.

Seriously Well Done and Hats off to all the people who are involved in what can be a thankless job sometimes.

monktonharp
24-03-2010, 09:56 PM
:agree:well done to all conveners that ran buses at an excellent price by the look of things. well done Lee,tam etc, Sean,and torn face Brockie:greengrin ..we were gutted at not being able to raise enough numbers for even a wee bus,due to loads of reasons for our regulars,but well done lads.

Ginger Gehagan
24-03-2010, 09:58 PM

Well said mate.I was on the same bus as you and the organisation was spot on.:agree:

Same here, first time on a supporters bus for years and thanks to the guys for organising everyhting

IberianHibernian
24-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Though I haven`t used a supporters bus for years it`s great to read praise for organizers here . May be easy for fans like me who know they won`t go to a game to criticise others that don`t but I was amazed to read comments here on Sunday and Monday about you`d have to be mad to travel to Dingwall etc ( or similar ) - in my case I travelled to Dingwall twice in RC`s Highland League days for pre season friendlies hitchhiking and camping - now car mentality is all about anything more than 3 hours is a long trip ( I appreciate times have changed before anyone attacks me for not understanding problems of work/family etc etc ) . Maybe club could look into ways of encouraging bus travel ( or train - has anyone from our club ever contacted railway companies about special fares for example ?) . Every time we have a big match in Glasgow , Dundee etc. there are comments here about fights etc in almost all cases fans will have had a drink before - frightening to think how many of these fans drive to games , another reason to encourage use of public transport to games ( and obviously not just from Edinburgh / Leith since many of our fans live elsewhere ) .

Dunc89
24-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Same here, first time on a supporters bus for years and thanks to the guys for organising everyhting

Agreed.

Despite losing my shins when that dafty in the work van cut in on us and nearly having to borrow my pals crutches for the game, the bus was great and got us back in decent time as well. Thanks to those involved, would definately travel with the branch again.

speedy_gonzales
24-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Aye, thanks to all those involved.
Although the night didn't end as planned, I get a wee smile to myself when I think of the antics on the Carlton bus whilst parked up on the A9 for some 'fresh air'. Brockie had upset one of the regulars with his usual mucking about so the big lad grabbed half a tree and chased after Brockie up the A9. Alas, ones balance 'aint that good after a few 'lemonades' so after a couple of long strides the big yin came crashing down, belly first on the grass verge, not a happy chappy but left a bus roaring with laughter and this guy with tears streaming down his face!
Also good to meet the lads from Selkirk, some good stories about Bobby Johnstone, look forward to meeting you all again.

Brooster
25-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Aye, thanks to all those involved.
Although the night didn't end as planned, I get a wee smile to myself when I think of the antics on the Carlton bus whilst parked up on the A9 for some 'fresh air'. Brockie had upset one of the regulars with his usual mucking about so the big lad grabbed half a tree and chased after Brockie up the A9. Alas, ones balance 'aint that good after a few 'lemonades' so after a couple of long strides the big yin came crashing down, belly first on the grass verge, not a happy chappy but left a bus roaring with laughter and this guy with tears streaming down his face!
Also good to meet the lads from Selkirk, some good stories about Bobby Johnstone, look forward to meeting you all again.

Now that was funny, big Grierson took it in good humour though. Thanks to the Carlton Branch for getting us there and back for £15.

scoopyboy
25-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Now that was funny, big Grierson took it in good humour though. Thanks to the Carlton Branch for getting us there and back for £15.

I wonder what would have happened if the big felly had caught Brockie.

Most I've laughed in a long time.

It was a cross between Carry On films and Benny Hill.

Brooster
25-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I wonder what would have happened if the big felly had caught Brockie.

Most I've laughed in a long time.

It was a cross between Carry On films and Benny Hill.

That wasn't Brockie. I know it was your 1st time on the bus so easy mistake to make. It was the boy Chalmers who has been covering for Brockie since he has been off work, no way could Brockie run up the A9 like that with his hip injury.