PDA

View Full Version : A look ahead to next season

steviecarnie
24-03-2010, 02:08 PM
With the season all but over time to look ahead, lets just hope some money left in the kitty for new faces. What positions are most important and has anyone comes across players they feel would be good in a hibs team.

if we were to lose a striker id love to see young Liam Buchanan in a hibs top, the lad was a hibby as a youngster, lots of pace which we definately lack up front and has a decent scoring record at partick. Apps: 67 Goals 34 (admittedly in a lower division but after last night does that really matter anymore)

Sylar
24-03-2010, 02:10 PM
We're 2 points behind 3rd place.

How exactly is the season over?

Some of the comments on here since last night have been utterly ludicrous.

steviecarnie
24-03-2010, 02:13 PM
We're 2 points behind 3rd place.

How exactly is the season over?

Some of the comments on here since last night have been utterly ludicrous.

i said all but over. its almost april which means less than 6/7 weeks left. id say thats time to look ahead. Clubs will already be scouting around looking to improve or even ship out deadwood, so why cant we on here?

HibeeDaz6270
24-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I think Bamba will be sold, and possibly stokes.

Garry O'Connor in? ......:greengrin

I think if Falkirk go down, We will go for Scott Arfield.

We need a ball winning centre midfielder. A new right back, A new centre half.

Importantly i think we need 2 wingers who will get there head down and take a man on. I am all for playing football, and keep possession but the wide man have to hit the byline. Take a player on and good chance even if you run into them, you will get the break of the ball. Defenders love teams to pass the ball infront of them, but they hate a player to run at them.

A new manager:devil:?

Im behind Yogi!!

Players i would like to see come in

Garry O'Connor
Scott Arfield from falkirk
Conway & Gomis from utd
Ivan Sproule

I know almost all of them are unlikely, with Arfield being the most likely. Although maybe its time we show some ambition, spend a bit money on proven players and take this team to where they should be.

Diclonius
24-03-2010, 02:59 PM
We'll sign three strikers and three attacking midfielders, and move Liam Miller to right back.

Lofarl
24-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Nade.................we need someone to eat the pies. The ER pies are *****.

dawn
24-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Nade.................we need someone to eat the pies. The ER pies are *****.

It would also stop food wasters from throwing them at our players:rolleyes:

PeterboroHibee
24-03-2010, 03:15 PM
We need some strength brought into the team, people can convince themselves that we can pass teams off the pitch but still need some physical presence (in terms of build and height) in defence and midfield, and probably up front as well.

We need some proper wide players brought in as well, as at the moment Riordans playing out there and just isnt good enough in that role. On the right we have Wotherspoon (still young) and Zemmama who looks more comfortable attacking from the middle.

Our defensive record speaks for itself, cant seem to keep a clean sheet anymore, something needs sorted.

Heard from someone (not a Hibs fan so no reason to make it up I guess..) that we are interested in Michael Gardyne. Honestly dont know much about him, and could be a lot of rubbish but just thought would pass it on.

eastmainsmsh
24-03-2010, 10:13 PM
sparky griffiths poacher goal machine
andy dorman goalscoring midfielder
stevie smith huns solid player
mark wilson celtic quality right back
scott severin versatile player holding midfielder
scott arfield quality
jody morris bit of dig wee lack

all players who imo would do a job 4 us

Diclonius
24-03-2010, 10:23 PM
sparky griffiths poacher goal machine
andy dorman goalscoring midfielder
stevie smith huns solid player
mark wilson celtic quality right back
scott severin versatile player holding midfielder
scott arfield quality
jody morris bit of dig wee lack

all players who imo would do a job 4 us

Ditch Severin and that's a quality list IMO.

noseyhibby
24-03-2010, 10:27 PM
I would like to see a 4-4-2. Smith in goal. I would like to see Bamba, Murray and Wotherspoon pushed into midfield alongside Miller. Bamba playing the Matty Jack in-yer-face hard man role, Murray getting stuck in, Wotherspoon pushing forward at every opportunity to support the front pair. I would like to see the whole backline completely replaced with 4 fresh faces brought in for all 4 positions(I know, never happen) I would play stokes up front with a new giant target man, knocking the ball down. Nish and Riordan will be impact players from the bench.McBride will be handy to have around as a squad player to replace any missing midfielder.

Smith
New guy New guy New guy New Guy
Wotherspoon Miller Bamba Murray
Stokes New guy