PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray

lucky
24-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I like Ian Murray and he always trys. However he was at fault for the second goal last night not Smith. He is a limited footballer but he is at his best at left back. He is suffering along with the rest of them because player played out of posistion. Thicot is a CH Murray is a LB Deeks is forward. Stevenson is I don't know. Nish is a supposed CF not a link player.

Until players are played in their best posistions then guys Like Nid will suffer

Green forever
24-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I like Ian Murray and he always trys. However he was at fault for the second goal last night not Smith. He is a limited footballer but he is at his best at left back. He is suffering along with the rest of them because player played out of posistion. Thicot is a CH Murray is a LB Deeks is forward. Stevenson is I don't know. Nish is a supposed CF not a link player.

Until players are played in their best posistions then guys Like Nid will suffer

Agree, it's easy to be wise after the event but surely we were crying out for a natural right back (and possibly cover for the left back) during the transfer window, we got a goalkeeper and a forward.

There has been so much chopping and changing in the defence, it's no wonder we lose so many bad goals. i am aware that every goal we lose is bad but some are a lot worse than others.

Hermit Crab
24-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Somebody hoofed a pie at him at FT aswell, just missed his napper.

Dunbar Hibee
24-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Somebody hoofed a pie at him at FT aswell, just missed his napper.

Phannies.:agree:

Baader
24-03-2010, 02:54 PM
It seems simple - the guy plays best as a left back. Leave him there and draft someone else into the middle who is a more natural centre back...

allmodcons
24-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Phannies.:agree:

:agree: Amazing how many turned up last night.

At a guess I'd say about 25% (phannies that is) in Hibs end last night.

Fighting with each other (again) and generally hurling abuse at individual players from KO through to full time.

Complete wasters, moaning about players not being fit to wear the jersey, when they're not fit to follow Hibs.

Bearders
24-03-2010, 03:22 PM
:agree: Amazing how many turned up last night.

Complete wasters, moaning about players not being fit to wear the jersey, when they're not fit to follow Hibs.

Agreed - some of the ******s that wear our colours are total ****balls.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Ian has been poor for a few weeks now, its funny how he does not get the same kind of stick others do?:confused:

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Ian has been poor for a few weeks now, its funny how he does not get the same kind of stick others do?:confused:

If I was a pro player 'd rather get stick on a silly messageboard than have someone fling a thick crust pie at my head:duck:

Cocaine&Caviar
24-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I dont think the argument for being played out of position really applies here, Murray has been played at Centre Half a great deal in his career, and I have full confidence of his ability there, as with Centre Midfield. However, I would agree that he is suffering from a lack of from at the minute, which begain around the time it was announced he had his contract being tied up, but the first half of the season, as with Miller, McBride, Bamba and Wotherspoon, really was essential to our success.

I can see why people want him at left back, and I fully agree he can play the position better than anyone else at the club, and I'm sure if Hogg and Hanlon were fit he would be back there...

bob12345
24-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Agreed - Murray is a left back. He is put at CH because on the whole he's our most dependable player, but I would prefer that move being saved for a crisis rather than every third game.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Agreed - Murray is a left back. He is put at CH because on the whole he's our most dependable player, but I would prefer that move being saved for a crisis rather than every third game.

I remember when the thought of Murray at left back, was like Riordan playing left midfield.

hibiedude
24-03-2010, 05:37 PM
It seems simple - the guy plays best as a left back. Leave him there and draft someone else into the middle who is a more natural centre back...

Tell that to JH :wink:

Golden Bear
24-03-2010, 05:38 PM
I remember when the thought of Murray at left back, was like Riordan playing left midfield.

That is correct. At one time left back was considered to be the one position he couldn't play!

I always thought he was best in midfield but he's probably too big to be considered for a job in that area.