PDA

View Full Version : A new manager

Gerard
24-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Which managers could do a better job than JH?
G

BT58
24-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Which managers could do a better job than JH?
G

it would seem that any of us hibs.netters could do a better job:wink::wink:
if and its a big IF, yogi gets the bullet
please rp,,NO MORE EX PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!
hb

Vince White
24-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Out of work managers who would do a better job IMHO: George Burley, George Graham (guessing he may be retired now tho). A building of bridges with John Collins might be an option.

Currently employed managers who I'd like to see at ER: Derek McInnes (probably bound for a job down south tho), Tony Mowbray (good chance of the sack at Celtic) and Gordon Strachan (no chance of getting him alas)

Seems daft now to think that only a few months ago we were worried Yogi was on his way to the Premiership with Burnley. Was that ever really a possibility??

Hakim Sar
24-03-2010, 11:20 AM
anyone but Zola

Wonder how many muppets on here will want pat nevin or gary mcallister?

I just want to see lewis stevenson, stephen thicklet, maka-clumsy and patrick cregg punted and let yogi bring in some new characters. don't particularly want the manager changed just now

CB_NO3
24-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I would hate to say it but Craig Brown and Jim Jeffries would have made us very good teams. Two good experienced managers who will always get the best out their team, even if they lack quality.

johnrebus
24-03-2010, 11:32 AM
I would hate to say it but Craig Brown and Jim Jeffries would have made us very good teams. Two good experienced managers who will always get the best out their team, even if they lack quality.

:shocked:

McIntosh
24-03-2010, 11:32 AM
As disappointing as last night was we need to stay calm, it is apparent that the weakness in the team is its centre midfield lets see who is brought in before we have gut reactions.

Hainan Hibs
24-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Alan Sugar.

"****ing shambolic performance....YOU'RE FIRED"

Rougier45
24-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Alex Miller built 2(I know we were boring for a while but always organised) very good Hibs Teams his 2nd team was excellent with Oniel andHarper DJ and Keith , Keith, Keith --Went on to a very succesful time with Liverpool ---Look at what Craig Brown is doing and what Uncle Walter did with Scotland and der huns even JJ now--This unexperiensed manager worked once with TM give it a rest and get us some experience gtf burley

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-03-2010, 11:53 AM
As disappointing as last night was we need to stay calm, it is apparent that the weakness in the team is its centre midfield lets see who is brought in before we have gut reactions.

I would not say that was the obvious problem last night. Three forwards playing in a line and not wanting to drop back to get the ball. A right back that seemed able to go to the left and play right centre-half but could not go forward. These things helped to contribute to a narrow midfield.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Simply no more ex players, end of

Craig_in_Prague
24-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Hughes is an innovative thinker of the game remember.

It's really showing eh,

Another Mixu all over again.

:grr:

The_Todd
24-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I see Jim Gannon is free next season. Leftfield appointment, anyone?

McIntosh
24-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I would not say that was the obvious problem last night. Three forwards playing in a line and not wanting to drop back to get the ball. A right back that seemed able to go to the left and play right centre-half but could not go forward. These things helped to contribute to a narrow midfield.

Fortunately I wasn't there so I completely accept your analysis, sadly tactics and personnel seem to be the issues.

Cropley10
24-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Anyone who doesn't talk sh oite please. And who isn't an explayer.

No chance of him leaving though.

Bad Martini
24-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Simply no more ex players, end of

:agree:

We should've had nae mair ex-players after Collins went as frankly, the best available and who we ended up with since, didn't go hand in hand.

ENDOF

Pretty Boy
24-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Thinking totally out the box here but how about manager who can tell the truth.

Mixu was bad but Yogi takes the biscuit for blatantly lying about how we played. the constant reference to us as some kind of football team is becoming laughable. We have been hoofball merchants, barring the odd game here or there, since Mowbray and a reasonable spell whilst Collins was in charge. In case Yogi didn't notice the fans watch the same game as him, we can see the formations gash, we can see we resort to long balls very quickly. Please don't lie to us we are not blind.

gillythehibby
24-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Boys, Rome wasn't built in a day. Levein took 3-4 seasons to get Utd up the league. We're all depressed fair enough. I think we as a support should be bigger than the norm when it comes to hounding managers Aberdeen stylee. They wanted wee Jimmy oot and have went back the way. Their level of abuse to Mcghee was shocking ! We keep going on about the formation, but this is what got us to 3rd in the first place. Yes, we need to get a few new faces, but that takes time. We just need to keep the head and support the team and manager more than ever. Keep the faith. GBTH:agree:

LancsHibs
24-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Agree that the talk of a new manager is premature and a 'knee jerk' reaction, I know we are hurting and not a little embarrassed but Yogi must and will be given to the end of the season, there is still a lot to play for!
If the slump continues to the end of the season then fair shout I think we must change our manager, however, I hope that the performances/results will pick up and if we make 3rd/4th than this will be seen (by me) as good progress and Yogi should then be given another season to take the club forward.

IF he were to go (and as stated I dont want him too or think he will) I would like to see Collins back. I know he signed some dross but he wasn't backed financially like Yogi has been and was looking for players at a lower level. JC did make the most of what we had, he had them playing decent football and his philosophy was good. I would like to see him fully backed by the board to get rid of who he wants, even if thats some of our so called superstar players and invest in his 1st choice players and get them living/training/playing how he sees fit. Player revolts my arse...they should have been shipped out and JC should have been backed to start again from scratch!

hibsclass
24-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Why should we blame the manager? was he out on Sunday night on the p@sh !! NO!! last night our whole defence have been capped at some level with there country. We had at least 2 players with champions league experience another 2 who have played in the premiership!! and my point is who did Ross County have? answer simple a team that tried wanted to win and fight for the cause. We had prema donnas who think they are better than they are!! we have no spine and don't seem to care how many times they let there fans down!! there's only so much a manager can do, the rest is up to the players and we don't have enough players who want to fight for the jersey!!

Craig_in_Prague
24-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Why should we blame the manager? was he out on Sunday night on the p@sh !! NO!! last night our whole defence have been capped at some level with there country. We had at least 2 players with champions league experience another 2 who have played in the premiership!! and my point is who did Ross County have? answer simple a team that tried wanted to win and fight for the cause. We had prema donnas who think they are better than they are!! we have no spine and don't seem to care how many times they let there fans down!! there's only so much a manager can do, the rest is up to the players and we don't have enough players who want to fight for the jersey!!

Of course the players are not faultless.

But who signs players, manages them, trains them each day, motivates them, get's the best out of them, creates a spirit, keep their feet on the ground when doing well & to get a response out of them in the bad times,
sets standards at the club, sets up the formations and tactics, etc etc.

for all Yogi's talking, "innovative thinker", 'sprinkling gold dust'.... and all the rest of it, he is the one that has a lot of work to do.

Shaggy
24-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Im peeved...... but how many other Hibs managers have failed to win the scottish cup, or lose complete gimmys...
Oh.. all of them.

So I dont want to rotate managers every 20 minutes,
I'll have to reserve judgement for another couple of years before I would bullet Yogi.

It will all come good, patience please, we should be used to this by now. We are on the way up in stature.

SawTheFamous5
24-03-2010, 02:18 PM
it would seem that any of us hibs.netters could do a better job:wink::wink:
if and its a big IF, yogi gets the bullet
please rp,,NO MORE EX PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!
hb

THAT IS THE KEY

Choosing someone just because they are ex-players got us nowhere we wanted to be.

And Mowbray led us to the biggest embarrassment of my life - including last night.

Let's hope Yogi fixes it.

if not, PLEASE can we get a real manager! A REAL manager.

archiebald
24-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Gannon free at end of season,leaving Peterborough

1875er
24-03-2010, 02:53 PM
John Lambie...

:wink:

Hibs On Tour
24-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Out of work managers who would do a better job IMHO: George Burley, George Graham (guessing he may be retired now tho). A building of bridges with John Collins might be an option.

Currently employed managers who I'd like to see at ER: Derek McInnes (probably bound for a job down south tho), Tony Mowbray (good chance of the sack at Celtic) and Gordon Strachan (no chance of getting him alas)

Seems daft now to think that only a few months ago we were worried Yogi was on his way to the Premiership with Burnley. Was that ever really a possibility??

Firstly, FFS no even a season into the job, still with a chance of 3rd and we're already baying for blood and manager's heads? Give over FFS!

Each in turn...

Burley - started well at Hearts with easily the most expensive and best squad outwith the old firm - binned for being a jakey - pish as Scotland manager - na, you can keep him

Graham - hasn't seemed interested in a post for many years - be as well trying to contact Bill Shankley while yer at it!

JC - for the name of the wee man! - were you no happy enough and how pish he made us the first time around? I wonder sometimes...

DM - why should he jump now? Got a semi and maybe a final to look forward to and still a chance of bringing them up to the SPL. Any of that would enhance his CV still further.

TM - been there and while he would have us playing good attacking football our defence would be no better than now - ie *****! Incidentally
be interesting to see what the stats are now as up until something like Jan Yogi was way higher than TM et al in the list of wins from games etc...

GS - you can keep that wee ginger rocket - turned Celtic from a successful attacking flair team into a barely successful turgid team in 3 years, helped by Rangers almost going out of the box with no money and their worst team in years. Na dinnae rate him at all.

And Gannon? Seems like we dodged a bullet there chaps...

FWIW I'm still in the give Yogi plenty more time camp. He's done FAR more good than bad this season and he's not daft - he sees the same ***** we do and will want it fixed same as we do. Time will tell but I think overall in terms of who would come and for how long and how well they'd do, he's as good as anyone at this point in time. And I have *never* been a happy clapper! :wink:

JimBHibees
24-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Firstly, FFS no even a season into the job, still with a chance of 3rd and we're already baying for blood and manager's heads? Give over FFS!

Each in turn...

Burley - started well at Hearts with easily the most expensive and best squad outwith the old firm - binned for being a jakey - pish as Scotland manager - na, you can keep him

Graham - hasn't seemed interested in a post for many years - be as well trying to contact Bill Shankley while yer at it!

JC - for the name of the wee man! - were you no happy enough and how pish he made us the first time around? I wonder sometimes...

DM - why should he jump now? Got a semi and maybe a final to look forward to and still a chance of bringing them up to the SPL. Any of that would enhance his CV still further.

TM - been there and while he would have us playing good attacking football our defence would be no better than now - ie *****! Incidentally
be interesting to see what the stats are now as up until something like Jan Yogi was way higher than TM et al in the list of wins from games etc...

GS - you can keep that wee ginger rocket - turned Celtic from a successful attacking flair team into a barely successful turgid team in 3 years, helped by Rangers almost going out of the box with no money and their worst team in years. Na dinnae rate him at all.

And Gannon? Seems like we dodged a bullet there chaps...

FWIW I'm still in the give Yogi plenty more time camp. He's done FAR more good than bad this season and he's not daft - he sees the same ***** we do and will want it fixed same as we do. Time will tell but I think overall in terms of who would come and for how long and how well they'd do, he's as good as anyone at this point in time. And I have *never* been a happy clapper! :wink:

Is that not the St Johnstone manager? :greengrin

The_Todd
24-03-2010, 03:19 PM

While I agree Yogi has to stay, I can't agree with your JC statement. The only manager to provide silverware in 18 years demands a little more respect than that I think.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
24-03-2010, 03:20 PM
If the current shocking form continues, George Burley for me.

Hainan Hibs
24-03-2010, 03:26 PM
While I agree Yogi has to stay, I can't agree with your JC statement. The only manager to provide silverware in 18 years demands a little more respect than that I think.

Wouldnae mind a bit of this again either

YouTube - Oleyyyyyyyyyy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EJn1mAukc&feature=PlayList&p=E8A6E0E86E366019&index=25)

ballengeich
24-03-2010, 04:51 PM
:agree:

We should've had nae mair ex-players

ENDOF

Would you say the same on a Barcelona forum?

Gerard
24-03-2010, 05:55 PM
What about Grandad Brown:wink::devil:
G

Alex Trager
24-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm just going to say if we had SAF and he was were yogi was rite now many would want him punted... put it this way we're better off than we were last season allready... How many this time last would have bitten (the) hand of for this position two points behind third with a game in hand??? thought as much.. will you just give it a break and let the man sort things out

Rite av got my coat on with a helmet

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Alex Miller built 2(I know we were boring for a while but always organised) very good Hibs Teams his 2nd team was excellent with Oniel andHarper DJ and Keith , Keith, Keith --Went on to a very succesful time with Liverpool ---Look at what Craig Brown is doing and what Uncle Walter did with Scotland and der huns even JJ now--This unexperiensed manager worked once with TM give it a rest and get us some experience gtf burley

Good shout, but there is no way Miller would come back after the way the Hibs supporters treated him.

Sudds_1
24-03-2010, 06:13 PM

:top marks

truehibernian
24-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Jamie McDonald from The Thick Of It. Type in "Crossest Man In Scotland" in youtube and give him a watch. Now that is how to swear and insult folk properly. None of this namby pamby "the boys have given me everything" pash. Get some old school hard bar steward swearing on the go and extreme violence in the dressing room, Souness style. Instead of that nonsense classical stuff that comes out the tannoy when the team runs out, it should be a slow build up, gradually building to a crescendo of the words "fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight.........." :faf:

The_Todd
24-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Wouldnae mind a bit of this again either

YouTube - Oleyyyyyyyyyy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EJn1mAukc&feature=PlayList&p=E8A6E0E86E366019&index=25)

Watching that actually made me sad. If we tried that at the moment, the first pass would have gone directly to a Hun.

eastmainsmsh
24-03-2010, 11:05 PM
ian holloway has been magnificent at blackpool like his style

but yogi is best for us imo he will turn our season :agree:

Hibs On Tour
25-03-2010, 01:15 PM
To be honest, my view both at the time and now is that we won that cup *despite* JC, not because of him...

Phil MaGlass
25-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Any manager that can see within 3 moths our midfield sux.And that includes Hibby2005

Phil MaGlass
25-03-2010, 01:24 PM
To be honest, my view both at the time and now is that we won that cup *despite* JC, not because of him...

my thoughts too.

The_Todd
25-03-2010, 01:35 PM

That's a little harsh really and I don't agree - I don't see how JC can take NO credit for a cup win he was manager for.

The main criticism I will level at JC is he was too quick to throw in the towel.

Golden Bear
25-03-2010, 01:41 PM

Totally agree.

He had a lot to put up with "off the park" and I sometimes think that today's "Likely Lads" are making it equally difficult for Yogi.

Love the Green
25-03-2010, 01:44 PM

Aye ok but who signs them,coaches them , organises them motivates them THE MANAGER..

"KEEP THE FAITH":wink:

jws1875
25-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Mark venus :thumbsup:

alfieboi75
25-03-2010, 05:05 PM
For the time being, I'm sticking with Yogi. I still think he is the man to do the job for us.....

But......

If he was to leave......

Then.....

George Burley would be a good option........

Oh...Tony....:bye:

Come on The Hi Bees!!!:notworthy:

Luna Landing
26-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Thinking totally out the box here but how about manager who can tell the truth.

Mixu was bad but Yogi takes the biscuit for blatantly lying about how we played. the constant reference to us as some kind of football team is becoming laughable. We have been hoofball merchants, barring the odd game here or there, since Mowbray and a reasonable spell whilst Collins was in charge. In case Yogi didn't notice the fans watch the same game as him, we can see the formations gash, we can see we resort to long balls very quickly. Please don't lie to us we are not blind.

Sorry I can understand everyones disappointment but this is just nonsense . The one thing Yogi has going for him is that he is totally honest about how we are performing. If I hear his interviews after a game - I always think yes I agree with that - that was the same game I was watching which you certainly couldnt say about Mixu , JC or Mogga. 6 weeks ago everyone was criticising him forsaying we werent good enough to finish 2nd. Now he's been proved right we want to slag him off - cant have it both ways boys.

FWIW I think a lot of his team selections have been flawed and I cant understand why he signed Gow and didnt sign a RB when we so obviously need one but to call him a liar is just beyond belief - I'm sorry but he doesnt deserve that.

ANDY McGEECHAN
26-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Boys, Rome wasn't built in a day. Levein took 3-4 seasons to get Utd up the league. We're all depressed fair enough. I think we as a support should be bigger than the norm when it comes to hounding managers Aberdeen stylee. They wanted wee Jimmy oot and have went back the way. Their level of abuse to Mcghee was shocking ! We keep going on about the formation, but this is what got us to 3rd in the first place. Yes, we need to get a few new faces, but that takes time. We just need to keep the head and support the team and manager more than ever. Keep the faith. GBTH:agree:

:top marks

Phil D. Rolls
26-03-2010, 09:39 AM
That's a little harsh really and I don't agree - I don't see how JC can take NO credit for a cup win he was manager for.

The main criticism I will level at JC is he was too quick to throw in the towel.

I agree, Collins' preparation for that game was meticulous. That showed in the clinical manner we took Killie to bits.

My main criticism of him is that he failed to spot the mouths in the dressing room, and deal with them quietly. I think there was a wee bit of naivety in the way he let that situation develop.

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 10:02 AM
We'll need to get Ricki Herbert, the Phoenix and New Zealand manager over. He'll be looking for a fresh challenge after the World Cup :agree:

Bad Martini
26-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Would you say the same on a Barcelona forum?

Naw for 2 reasons:

1) I dinny give a ratts ass aboot Barcelona
2) Maybe their ex-players are better than ours

Allow me to rephrase my original statement.

"Nae mair ex-HIBS players"

That dae ye :devil: